If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Anime

FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW!Full Members
edited February 2015 in Entertainment
Just because I'm tired of seeing Anime talk in the Say Anything thread. I thought I'd make this one up.

Fire away, boys and girls.

Comments

• Aquila HawkAquila Hawk O_o Full Members
    edited August 2007
    Umm... not trying to nitpick, since I do agree with you, but shouldn't this be in the Entertainment board?

Oh, and My-HiME is kinda like Zidane's fav anime, but the school girls start wailing on each other with mystical weapons and huge monsters. biggrin.gif Actually, it partially parodies several genres throughout the series. laugh.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AquilaHawk on Battle.Net: Currently playing Starcraft II
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited August 2007
    I wonder if a mod could move it?

Sorry. I forgot about that area.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited August 2007
    Can do. Proceed.

[url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • Zidane TribalZidane Tribal Banned Banned Users
    edited August 2007
    <div>
    (Aquila Hawk @ Jul. 31 2007,22:51)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Oh, and My-HiME is kinda like Zidane's fav anime, but the school s start wailing on each other with mystical weapons and huge monsters. biggrin.gif</div>
    Yeah, but since I never saw one episode I doubt it'll not even be close to Melancholy or it's superb plot. thumbs-up.gif

And I'm gonna go out on a whim here and guess that Frosty made this thread to preserve his sanity, or lack thereof. laugh.gif
  • kittenofthepackkittenofthepack It bes a cat hat! Full Members
    edited August 2007
    Actually Zidane, you would enjoy My-hime, if it's anything like the manga. There's a reason it has a warning sitcker and is wrapped in plastic, if you catch my drift.
    edited August 2007
    Actually, the Manga is more centered around other characters, from what I heard. Namely, Tate Yuuichi. The anime is much more centered around Mai. And it has fun songs with made up words (turns out Mezame by Kajiura Yuki doesn't really have real words).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Agent_009Agent_009 Member Full Members
    edited August 2007
    Please refrain from discussing illegal activity. -MasterChief.

Other than that, I have been watching the anime and reading the manga for Claymore. ?At first I didn't find it too appealing with the character designs, but I gave it a chance and got sucked in to it's engrossing back story later on. ?The action is good and there really isn't any filler yet, so I'm keeping my eye on this one.

edited August 2007
    I hope it's okay for me to talk about Melancholy here. And Lucky*Star, too. smile.gif
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited August 2007
    <div>
    (Zidane Tribal @ Aug. 03 2007,09:49)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I hope it's okay for me to talk about Melancholy here. And Lucky*Star, too. smile.gif</div>
    Of course it is. What isn't okay is thread bumping/necromancy, trolling, or disrespectful posts.

Make sure your comments are substantive, relevant, and respectful, and we'll all get along nicely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
    edited August 2007
    I must say I am absolutely hooked on Lucky*Star. A great anime that plugs another anime (i.e. Melancholy) of the same greatness is A-OK in my book. Yet, there still hasn't been a release date yet for an English dub version of the series on BEST BUY's website. Can any of you guys notify me about that if it ever comes up? Please? grinning.gif
  • Agent_009Agent_009 Member Full Members
    edited August 2007
    Well, considering that the Lucky Star series hasn't finished airing yet in Japan, I'd say it'd be at least a year that it comes here to the states. They started Melancholy in April of last year and that came over this May, and Lucky Star started April of this year, so I'd expect the same (although maybe later, since it has more episodes).
    edited August 2007
    Huh. I didn't know they both aired the same month in Japan. Guess that's why both animes seem so connected. BTW, I read in a comment box that the Japanese VA for Haruhi also voices Konata. The coincidences keep pilin' up! wow.gif
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited August 2007
    Coincidence? Or conspiracy!?
    edited August 2007
    Woohoo! 1500 posts, baby!

To celebrate: a double dose of my two most favorite animes!

_lucky20star202.jpg

Nice pic, Zidane. -Paws
    edited August 2007
    Color me amused.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
    edited August 2007
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... *deep breath* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2007
    I fixed his post.
    Not that it does any good.
    edited August 2007
    <div>
    (Paws @ Aug. 08 2007,14:21)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I fixed his post.
    Not that it does any good.</div>
    I fixed your fix. tounge2.gif
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2007
    There we go. I figured someone'd be able to decipher it.

On topic, I am several weeks behind in Bleach and it's making me sad in the pants. I should go watch it.
    edited August 2007
    Zidane.jpg

SUPERIOR
    edited August 2007
    Well, I won't lie Zidane. That pic is quite adorable.
  • VigivalgusVigivalgus Member Full Members
    edited August 2007
    Like tripping on a victory lap.
    edited August 2007
    Uh-oh Zidane, there's a Lucky Star DS game, and another one that either out or is coming out. Better get on that.
    edited August 2007
    <div>
    (Paws @ Aug. 08 2007,16:29)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">On topic, I am several weeks behind in Bleach and it's making me sad in the pants. I should go watch it.</div>
    Don't bother, they're on filler right now and most of it is terrible. Plus, I think they went with a new animation studio. I don't know how long this filler will be, but Ichigo just finished a fight with Grimmjow that has lasted a couple of months in the manga. confused.gif The episode with Ikkaku and Keigo's sister in the kendo tournament was amusing though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • J_SenseiJ_Sensei Member Full Members
    edited August 2007
    My wife watches Bleach, and she likes it. But there's just so much that I'm a bit intimidated to begin it. I barely have time for regular shows, let alone ones with hundreds of episodes in backlog.

Also, I wish there would be a new Gundam series. I could use more giant robot fun.
    edited August 2007
    <div>
    (J_Sensei @ Aug. 09 2007,09:34)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">My wife watches Bleach, and she likes it. But there's just so much that I'm a bit intimidated to begin it. I barely have time for regular shows, let alone ones with hundreds of episodes in backlog.</div>
    Actually, with how the arcs work out, they are kind of like one continuous episode broken up to fit into a Wednesday slot. Even the first filler turned out that way (you know, the filler that was actually... good). That's the unfortunate thing about Bleach. It requires a bit of filler in order for Tite Kubo to get ahead in the manga. He likes a lot of long, drawn out fights.

<div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Also, I wish there would be a new Gundam series. I could use more giant robot fun.</div>

Speaking of hundreds of episodes in backlog. Bleach only has 136 episodes so far. tounge2.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2007
    <div>
    (J_Sensei @ Aug. 09 2007,07:34)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Also, I wish there would be a new Gundam series. I could use more giant robot fun.</div>
    New Gundam? Who loves ya, Baby?
  • CidolfasCidolfas Member Full Members
    edited August 2007
    I still watch Bleach, though I have no idea why. I haven't really enjoyed it literally since episode twenty-something. I guess it's something to do.
  • J_SenseiJ_Sensei Member Full Members
    edited August 2007
    Frozen Babalon, you just won my hero of the day award. <3

I can't WAIT to start watching that.

After reading up on it a bit, I'm a bit disappointed that it's not in the SEED universe. I've been greatly enjoying that. The alternate universes have been a bit hit or miss, but I've not been disappointed with anything released after Turn-A. And that wasn't bad, I just never had the time or interest to finish it. The director has worked on a lot of good stuff including Evangelion and FMA, so I have high hopes for his talent. As for the main artist, I don't know much about her. I've never seen anything she's worked on. Anyone know anything about her?

edited August 2007
    But Turn A was aaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome!

Hmm. Looking into it, I've heard of nothing she's done. But I love the mecha designs.