If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

TV Series

Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl MemberFull Members
edited June 2014 in Entertainment
I am currently hooked on Lost, Heroes, Prison Break, Frascape and Stargate SG1. But especially Heroes and Prison Break.

Anyone else like these ones or have any good shows to suggest? Prefferably on DVD as I don't have cable or any channels.
"Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."

Comments

• FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Battlestar Galactica. And if you haven't seen it, Firefly.

/End Thread

• SorenSoren ..not a pony.. Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Mmm..... Firefly goodness. Nathan Fillion. Ysplz.
    Driving FB bonkers for years. Paw's Wife.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    My favorite TV shows, in order of preference:

Gilmore Girls
    House, M.D.
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    Battlestar Galactica
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited September 2007
    I ended the thread 2 posts ago. It's over. Move along.
    edited September 2007
    *sigh*

It wouldn't be irresponsible of me to edit your post to say, "I'm a complete frakking moron and Jeff is way better than me," would it?
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
    edited September 2007
    Jeffrey *thwaps with a nerf bat* No using your powers for evil.
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited September 2007
    24 baby, all day long. Angel was pretty good too, or at least I liked it more than Buffy.
    edited September 2007
    Angel was good till they switched from the WB and screwed it all up.

And 24 I've only seen the first season of. And while it was good it was frustrating... very frustrating.
    edited September 2007
    What, <span class="spoiler">you didn't like when they started working for their sworn enemies and landed in multiple silly situations?</span> Yeah, that wasn't that great.
    edited September 2007
    Yea I frowned on that highly.

<span class="spoiler">Like what happened to Fred? Hated that.</span>
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Firefly and Battlestar are amazing. I haven't seen the second season of Battlestar as i've gopt no cable, but when its out on DVD.. yum
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
    edited September 2007
    It is out. I'm waiting on season 3 to be released on DVD.
    edited September 2007
    Ahhhh.. good to know!

Looks like I have another 20 something hours flat on the floor of my living room with a bottle of excedrin to ease to TV headaches and lots of chips
  • AdremmelechAdremmelech The Original Playa... Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Watch religiously
    Heroes
    Its Always Sunny In Philidelphia
    Entourage

Watch on occasion but keep up with closely

Ugly Betty
    Who Wants To Be A Superhero
    The Office

Not much else on I want to watch, really.
    edited September 2007
    Oh yeah, I forgot The Office. That starts back up in two weeks, so that'll be nice. I haven't seen the British version myself, but I find this one to be very funny.
    edited September 2007
    The office is pretty funny but i've never been into long running comedies that much
  • AdremmelechAdremmelech The Original Playa... Full Members
    edited September 2007
    The British Office is hella funny. Ricky Gervais is just phenominal in it. He's also great in Extras when it was still on HBO.
  • lithoroselithorose Fire! Fire! Meiuuu! Full Members
    edited September 2007
    I like Lost, but don't know if I'll pick it up when it starts again. ?Depends on other family members this time. ?It's good, then it's bad, then it's good again...

And it's the only non-animated television series I've been hooked on for at least five years. ?So I can't recommend any others.

If it follows the pattern, Season 3 will be out soon on DVD.

edited September 2007
    <div>
    (lithorose @ Sep. 15 2007,13:16)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I like Lost, but don't know if I'll pick it up when it starts again. ?Depends on other family members this time. ?It's good, then it's bad, then it's good again...

And it's the only non-animated television series I've been hooked on for at least five years. ?So I can't recommend any others.

If it follows the pattern, Season 3 will be out soon on DVD.</div>
    Its out in December... I have it preordered :-)
  • lithoroselithorose Fire! Fire! Meiuuu! Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Later than expected. But I'm enough of a cheapskate I'm still not buying it till they drop the price.
    edited October 2007
    So I just picked up Season 2 of Battlestar Galactica... that show slaps!

I forgot how utterly awesome it is!
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    Has anyone seen the show, "Chuck"?

Nerd (As the hero) + Secret Agents + Hot Chick + NSA/FBI + Over-the-top action + Conspiracy (Plotline) + Comedy = WIN

I also like the generic names they chose for best buy/geek squad (Buy More//Nerd Herd) and Sam's Club (Large Mart).
    edited October 2007
    Dude, I just saw that show today on USA, and it was awesome. It was just absurd enough without going overboard, and it made for a really good show. I'll be keeping my eye on it.

Same goes for Life, which was on right after that. Guy gets falsely imprisoned for nearly beating an inmate to death and gets out something over 10 years later and has no idea how technology works. Had some great moments with phones and stuff. Good for NBC actually getting stable (or at least hopefully stable) programming after Friends and Will & Grace died.

• gaborsviatkogaborsviatko New Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    I followed the Hoover HS football team in the first season, it felt like I was in HS again.
    edited October 2007
    I am thoroughly in love with Bionic Woman. Which surprised me, I was thinking cheesy remake and am really impressed!
  • Fallen2AbyssFallen2Abyss New Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    Charmed, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, House, N.C.I.S., Simpsons... ah can't think of any more. They are really good TV shows, 3 out of the 6 are fantasy... but still.
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited October 2007
    Fat Pizza's back on TV, but Spicks and Specks is all that I can really get excited about now a days.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    Assuming we're not counting The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, House is the only TV series I watch these days.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
    edited October 2007
    I started watching Prison Break again, mainly for the fact that it has something to do with breaking out of prison now. Or at least will for maybe one or two more episodes. I still think the fact that they just popped the guy back in prison was sort of uninspired though.
    edited October 2007
    So Heroes season II is awesome so far. Also everyone needs to check out a show called "Jericho" its a post-apocalyptic America show... badass.