If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

TV Series

Comments

• omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2012
    Found a site that streams it, not technically legal, but hey: they took away all my legal means. **** 'em
    God's Final Message to His creation, written in thirty-foot high letters of fire on the side of the Quentulus Quazgar Mountains:
    We Apologize for the Inconvenience
  • MaudrenMaudren i can post! thanx paws! Full Members
    edited June 2012
    omegabyte wrote: »
    Found a site that streams it, not technically legal, but hey: they took away all my legal means. **** 'em

You catch the finale? It was pretty awesome.
    sup?
  • LassicLassic Member Full Members
    edited June 2012
    And the end has finally come: it was a short but thrilling ride :)

Glad to see it all end on a happy note, except for Amon and Tarlok that is.

I wonder what the second season will bring?
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited July 2012
    Just watched the newest episode of The Closer. The ending of the episode caught me a bit off guard, but it was pretty fun ride. Now all that remains are the final 5 episodes, and I have a sneaking suspicion I know what happens on the final episode...especially since the premiere they had during the last new episode in December provided a VERY shocking teaser.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited July 2012
    Plenty of time where relatives choose what's on the TV has forced me to have thoughts on shows I never would have watched on my own.
    Well, a whole episode of Melissa and Joey produced a couple of decent one-liners from Melissa Joan Hart that would have been funnier if the show didn't have so many clunkers along the way. Sitcoms where people are laughing when I don't find anything funny just don't work.
    I never would have expected my grandmother to enjoy the Big Bang Theory, but she does even when half of the references pass her right by. Having watched an awful lot of the show in the last two months, I enjoy it immensely.
    Wheel of Fortune is what it is. Spinning the wheel is more luck-based than skill-based, and I haven't been good at word puzzles in a very long time so solving these things with the players feels more like work than enjoyable stuff. As game shows go, it's another one. Kudos to Pat Sajak for keeping the same job this long I guess.
    I like the songs in Glee, but would generally rather hear them from the original artists. The characters are all aggressively energetic and annoying. During the two episodes I watched, Serious Moments tried to appear that I didn't buy in the slightest. I'm skipping it henceforth.
    Mad Men definitely got me intrigued, though. I see why it's garnered such accolades. The setting is well-realized, the writing is sharp, the characters are interesting, and the story progression stays involving.
    Ellen Degeneres has that talk show, and having it be an hour means some serious padding needs to occur. My thoughts are about the same as they are for most talk shows - some things I like and others that turn me off. Precious and winsome are qualities I avoid whenever possible, so sometimes with these guests Ellen gets it's a tough slog. She's a good host though.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
    edited July 2012
    There are going to be at least 4 seasons of the Legend of Korra!

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

(nick stated there would only be 2 when the show was first announced, but announced at comic con there will now be 4 woot)
    sup?
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2012
    Maudren wrote: »
    There are going to be at least 4 seasons of the Legend of Korra!

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

(nick stated there would only be 2 when the show was first announced, but announced at comic con there will now be 4 woot)

Best news ever!

Wonder if that's going to affect the storyline at all. From what I understood, they had the two seasons pretty well planned out. But that'll definitely throw a wrench in things, won't it?
    God's Final Message to His creation, written in thirty-foot high letters of fire on the side of the Quentulus Quazgar Mountains:
    We Apologize for the Inconvenience
    edited July 2012
    omegabyte wrote: »
    Best news ever!

Wonder if that's going to affect the storyline at all. From what I understood, they had the two seasons pretty well planned out. But that'll definitely throw a wrench in things, won't it?

Well I had read that each season has it's own story arc so that they could end the show at any time, or keep it going as long as they want. They admit to writing themselves into a narrative corner with the first season, who's story was learn all the bending, kill ozai, and then....over.

I imagine season 2 will continue as they planned unhindered by the addition of the new seasons.
    sup?
  • KeldarusKeldarus RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2012
    Finished off the sixth and essentially final season of Skins yesterday. It was OK, had some good redemption for characters, sad times for others. It follows the rest of the series in that someone dies in every group, but for the most part, this cast lacked the heart of the first two. There were some good memorable characters, Frankie has a particularly good arc, but a few that really rubbed me the wrong way (Matty), so it's wroth watching,s but i'm waiting for the season 7 movie with characters from all the casts. That should be a good homecoming.

-Kel
    edited July 2012
    Oh man, that episode of The Closer ended with a real tearjerker. I can't believe that
    Brenda's mom died. T_T
    And there are only 2 more episodes left until the series finale, with next episode showing who the leak is.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    edited August 2012
    I started watching Breaking Bad. The only thing I really need to say is where have I been the last few years, I totally missed the boat on this show.

-Kel
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited August 2012
    Please post your thoughts on BB as you hit the major stuff. I've been onboard from the beginning and love that show so I'm always interested in hearing peoples opinions about it. I'm all caught up but where I'm confident I can throw stuff back at you without spoiling you I'll try.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
    edited August 2012
    Watched the next to final episode of The Closer, and it's definitely ending in somewhat of a blaze of glory. I was rather shocked at who was the source of the leak, and it looks like the next episode will be worthy of the series finale. At which point Major Crimes will start up.
  • TyphoTypho Knight Errant Full Members
    edited August 2012
    Yeah The Closer has definitely been delivering in its last season. I just watched the second to last episode last night.
  • GokuryuGokuryu Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    I find it depressing Television wasn't as good as the 90's. Everything now is just one big "meh" or angry yawns. Seriously, how many channels do I need to see judge jury or celeb update shows? Makes me want to stab watermelons.
    edited August 2012
    Stick with dramas (that have funny moments in them), comedies, and anime, and you'll be fine. Everything else seems to suck this generation.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    Finally catching up with Breaking Bad.... wow this is an intense show, hard to watch at times but always engaging!
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
    edited August 2012
    Finally catching up with Breaking Bad.... wow this is an intense show, hard to watch at times but always engaging!

I fully agree. I'm working my way through season 2 right now and it's brutal, can't wait to see what insanity seasons 3, 4 and 5 will bring.

-Kel
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited August 2012
    Keldarus wrote: »
    I fully agree. I'm working my way through season 2 right now and it's brutal, can't wait to see what insanity seasons 3, 4 and 5 will bring.

-Kel

No spoilers... but man... season 3. Whoah. Just whoah.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • TyphoTypho Knight Errant Full Members
    edited August 2012
    I just started on season 2 myself. So far I'm enjoying it. Although, I will say that with the amount people have built up my expectations, I was surprised to find some episodes dragging a bit. I'm hoping the action picks up a bit now that Walt seems to have committed more to the path he's on.
  • OSheltonOShelton New Member Full Members
    edited September 2012
    Lost and Heroes are my favorites at the moment.
    I would suggest Firefly.
    it`s quite good
  • GokuryuGokuryu Member Full Members
    edited October 2012
    Rules of engagement is pretty funny. One thing I enjoy the most before going to bed is kings of queens. Nothing like watching something so well scripted and well related to life.
  • OrsonFuryOrsonFury Member Full Members
    edited October 2012
    Borgias, if anyone is into history. From what I've seen of Season 1, I've learned to never mess with the Pope. Haha. As far as other shows, I don't normally watch crime fighting shows, but Person of Interest is pretty good. It stars Jesus aka Jim Cavaziel and Michael Emerson (Ben from Lost). The two have good on screen chemistry. Jonathan Nolan (Chris Nolans) brother created this series, so does live up to some of the hype. Although after watching the show, I'm a bit paranoid of what I share with online in social networks. Despite privacy concerns, much information can be accessed on one person through work-a-rounds, but don't mean to get off topic of the show. Give the show a go.
    "The man who sees an opportunity and does nothing is asleep with his eyes open" - Fremen wisdom, Dune: House Corrino, Pg. 472
  • AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited July 2013
    Anyone else watching "The Returned"?
  • AdremmelechAdremmelech The Original Playa... Full Members
    edited July 2013
    Never heard of that one. Currently, the shows I just don't miss for anything are The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Catfish, Hannibal, and Awkward. Everything else I stream off of Netflix or catch on Hulu. I try to catch Key and Peele whenever it comes on. For some reason, they don't air the show at the same time and day each week.
  • hoktomasterhoktomaster Member Full Members
    edited November 2013
    Iv just watched the 3rd season of the lexx. I cant say its my favorite season the the show, I didn't really like how it centralized on the two planets, you could see the twist ending a mile off if you were paying attention so i don't really think I'm gonna enjoy the fourth one I might just skip it.
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster
  • Emmanuel VandelEmmanuel Vandel New Member Full Members
    edited November 2013
    Unfortunately you dont have cable but if you ever had then i would recommend you to check the Dexter series as it is one of my favorite show.
    You can also check all episodes over internet so if you want to have great fun then must match dexter .
  • JudgementJudgement Member Full Members
    edited November 2013
    Going through the first five seasons of Castle (was given the boxset) Nathan Fillion can that guy not be good in anything.

Also the first Season of Elementary Johnny Lee Miller Really is good as Sherlock.
    You have awakened the sleeper May God forgive those who go against his Judgement
    and may God show You mercy and compassion For I shall show you none........
  • chealaxchealax New Member Full Members
    edited December 2013
    I started watching Games of Thrones lately and i have to say i am loving it.
  • RPGFanRPGFan New Member Full Members
    edited January 2014
    Well for me, it's been Game of Thrones, True Blood, Boardwalk Empire, and Spartacus