If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

TV Series

Comments

• VigivalgusVigivalgus Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    Page 2 and nobody's said Dexter? I don't know if I can be friends with you anymore.
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited October 2007
    <div>
    (Vigivalgus @ Oct. 24 2007,23:23)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Page 2 and nobody's said Dexter? I don't know if I can be friends with you anymore.</div>
    *doesn't have cable right now, let alone Showtime*

Otherwise I'd love to check it out. It seems like an interesting concept.
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    <div>
    (Slayer of God @ Oct. 23 2007,22:41)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Assuming we're not counting The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, House is the only TV series I watch these days.</div>
    I only watch the Daily Show. I watched Colbert a couple times - it's a little too silly for me. I don't like the "act" he puts on. I like the more serious delivery of TDS jokes.

John Stewart is a terrible interviewer. He does best w/ politicians and worst w/ celebrities. I liked his recent interview with Tony Snow, former white house press secretary.

Funniest joke in a long time was the "The children's..do learn"

I also liked the segment where they interviewed authors of political propaganda books for young kids. Example: "My Mommy is a Liberal"
  • SorenSoren ..not a pony.. Full Members
    edited October 2007
    Right. I just got caught up on Heroes season 2. Love it. LOVE. That is all.
    Driving FB bonkers for years. Paw's Wife.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    <div>
    (Soren @ Oct. 25 2007,22:20)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Right. I just got caught up on Heroes season 2. Love it. LOVE. That is all.</div>
    What. An. Excellent. Series. Seriously.

Welcome to the REPOOOORRREEEE!
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
    edited October 2007
    Ok. Can you believe Kristen Bell's character? Thats all I'm gonna say on that so as not to spoil it for others. But Jeebus.
  • doriandorian Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    <div>
    (flamethrower @ Oct. 25 2007,08:53)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (Slayer of God @ Oct. 23 2007,22:41)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Assuming we're not counting The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, House is the only TV series I watch these days.</div>
    I only watch the Daily Show. I watched Colbert a couple times - it's a little too silly for me. I don't like the "act" he puts on. I like the more serious delivery of TDS jokes.

John Stewart is a terrible interviewer. He does best w/ politicians and worst w/ celebrities. I liked his recent interview with Tony Snow, former white house press secretary.

Funniest joke in a long time was the "The children's..do learn"

I also liked the segment where they interviewed authors of political propaganda books for young kids. Example: "My Mommy is a Liberal"</div>
    Colbert Report = the win.

Well, I do understand liking TDS more. I do find myself laughing more there. On the other hand, I find Stewart coming off as a total ***** sometimes. I think the success of TDS really rests on the interactions between Stewart and the correspondents more than anything.

I find Colbert's act amusing, though usually not in a laugh-out-loud way, but more in a "Heh, I get what he's satirizing" way. It's just amazing how much he can roll in with his caricature.

I liked the way Colbert put it in an interview: Stewart deconstructs the news media, while Colbert falsely contructs. They're both very competent at what they do, but I just find myself interested in Colbert more.

I haven't seen too many politician interviews with Stewart, but I do like his interviews with writers. He comes off as someone who has actually read the book tounge2.gif

While we're on the subject, here's an article about the two:

http://www.amny.com/enterta....9.story
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    Oh man, last night's House was stellar. I loved <span class="spoiler">how Foreman finally realized that nothing he does will ever stop him from being House Lite.</span>

Oh, and House's victory dance was the stuff of legends.
    SlayersSig.jpg

Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
    edited October 2007
    I have got to put House on my dvr! I keep forgetting!
    edited November 2007
    Heroes: Origins has been cancelled indefiintley due to the writers guild potential strike :-(

I was totally looking forward to a chunk of the season with no repeats!
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited November 2007
    <div>
    (ConfessorRahl @ Nov. 02 2007,12:14)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Heroes: Origins has been cancelled indefiintley due to the writers guild potential strike :-(

I was totally looking forward to a chunk of the season with no repeats!</div>
    What what what?!
    edited November 2007
    Also, season II is ending @ episode 13 I believe, until the strike is resolved. I don't know if it will be a Season 2.5 thing when it comes back, or just straight on to season 3, thirs generation.

Weak
    edited November 2007
    Oh man... That sucks... That REALLY sucks...
    edited November 2007
    Oh yeah, I'm surprised that strike hasn't been announced yet. I'm pretty sure the contracts are up already, so it could happen any time. Bad news for recent graduates looking for a job out in New York or LA, especially my brother. Guess we'll be seeing lots of reality shows in due time.
    edited November 2007
    This is going to shaft alot of shows that are in production right now.
    edited November 2007
    It will especially screw those shows that were already on the fence. I think the network was on the fence about the ratings of Bionic Woman. I'd hate to see it get cancelled because the writer's contracts couldn't get resolved.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited November 2007
    That's bad. The "reality TV" thing died some time back, thanks in part to it becoming less and less real (Survivor is a game show, not a reality show in the vein of The Real World or Inside American Jail.) I'd really hate to see that replace the little that is of quality on TV now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
    edited November 2007
    It really is some grim news, especially with the new wave of awesome shows currently in production and slated for production. A lot of throats are gonna be cut if/when this goes through
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited November 2007
    If anything, the writer's strike will give me more time to play videogames.

I'm sure they can hire non-union temp people for sportscasting, so if u like sports you still have that.

So, is anyone taking bets on who will win? ?My $$ is on the Union b/c of the huge revenue losses from shows that cannot be produced without them. ?Still, it might be several weeks. ?I heard on the news this morning that the strike starts today and the last strike was in 1988 and lasted 22 weeks. ?The strike ended when the studios and writer's union reached a settlement. ?They also pointed out this morning that script-on-demand shows, like morning shows and late night talk shows, where the script is written the same day as the airing, will be hit first.

Also, I finally realize who "The Writers" are from the Animaniacs intro.

• bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited November 2007
    OH NOES, no American TV shows.... wow, I should organise writer strikes more often, pity that won't stop "reality" t.v.!
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
    edited November 2007
    Don't you have something more to add to the conversation other then `lol amerka sux`?

If not, Shove it. We don't want to hear it.

edited November 2007
    <div>
    (bain_nick @ Nov. 05 2007,07:42)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">OH NOES, no American TV shows.... wow, I should organise writer strikes more often, pity that won't stop "reality" t.v.!</div>
    Errr... there are a ton of quality TV shows worth people's attention in America other than reality TV.
    edited November 2007
    Bain's just jealous cause his shows there are crap.
    edited November 2007
    Hah!
    edited November 2007
    They can't compete with quality programming like Bionic Woman and Cavemen.

edited November 2007
    Bionic Woman is decent. As is Heroes.

Come on Cavemen? I just can't even. Ew.
    edited November 2007
    I actually really like Bionic Woman.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited November 2007
    <div>
    (Frozenbabylon @ Nov. 05 2007,07:51)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Don't you have something more to add to the conversation other then `lol amerka sux`?

If not, Shove it. We don't want to hear it.</div>
    Don't you know? Blind hatred of everything that comes from America is the "in" thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
    edited November 2007
    <div>
    (MasterChief @ Nov. 05 2007,20:01)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (Frozenbabylon @ Nov. 05 2007,07:51)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Don't you have something more to add to the conversation other then `lol amerka sux`?

If not, Shove it. We don't want to hear it.</div>
    Don't you know? Blind hatred of everything that comes from America is the "in" thing.</div>
    Must be.
  • Max_DeltreeMax_Deltree Is trying to get back in these forums Full Members
    edited November 2007
    I hate you guys.
    PSN ID: MaxDeltree