If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

What are you playing today?

DracosDracos MemberFull Members
edited February 2015 in Role Playing Games
Well, we seem to spend a significant amount of time talking about the games we're going to get next or obscure games we've got in our closets...

What about what we're doing at the moment? I, somehow, suspect that it'd be more interesting to chitchat over those =P

Personally, I'm currently working on a slowest run of suikoden 2 ever, meandering through muse, first time, at the moment. This is largely because I haven't found the time to pick up the game in a week, but hey, i should get time wednesday to do so =D

What are you guys playing?

Dracos
To Life, To Life, I brought them...

Comments

• SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited February 2005
    Well... I have quite a bunch going at the moment.

Hum... after having recently finished off a long run of The Sith Lords, I started playing Atelier Marie again... (Marie > Elie ^^).

Other than that, I'm replaying Tales of Symphonia (going slow), and I'm trying my best to actually like Phantom Brave.

There has also been a lot going on on the non-RPG front at my place in the last few months (imported a few Dreamcast shooters, five runs of Biohazard IV and the usual daily practice of UT with the clan etc).
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited February 2005
    I loved Disgaea...but found that Phantom Brave just pushed too much on the stack. Just pushing the limit between fun and tedium with how much there was to do. Oddly, I do believe there's a point where activities that are fun inclusions by themselves become unfun by weight of them. The trapped size character models on battle certainly didn't help the drama at all either.

Dracos
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited February 2005
    I'm currently TRYING to do Sith Lords right this time, where I won't have to kill the damn you-kniw-who's.
    edited February 2005
    Kill her! Strike her down!

Dracos
    Has never played sith lords.
    edited February 2005
    laugh.gif

As I stated in the topic you created, Meo... it doesn't really matter if you kill them or not. I did it, and I didn't get any DS Points, no influence was lost, and I still got the best ending without any real effort.

I guess it's all about what you say when they're about to die... if you happily admit that you'd love to strike your lightsaber through their heads, you can be sure that you'll get a truckload of DS Points, but if you refuse or make it look like you're "forced" to do it, nothing will change. The LS/DS system is a bit weird that way, but after all, you are an exile.

I guess if you really want to do it the "right" way though, just follow the clues I gave you in your thread...

• PlayerOnePlayerOne Member Full Members
    edited February 2005
    I'm currently playing the unfairly maligned Onimusha Tactics on the GBA. All of my proper consoles and games are now packed until after I move house, so I'm relying on my SP at the moment.

Onimusha Tactics is flawed, and might be inferior to the other GBA Tactics games (I dunno, I haven't played them yet), but it is still quite enjoyable.
  • SupraDarkySupraDarky Member Full Members
    edited February 2005
    I'm currently playing Metroid Prime 2. I love the game so far but there's a little something that makes the first better, I just can't put my finger on it. I love the idea of a Light World/Dark World, it makes me realise how much I love it when I can roam freely everywhere without having to watch the health meter every 10 secondes. laugh.gif
    edited February 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SupraDarky @ Feb. 28 2005,18:11)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I'm currently playing Metroid Prime 2. I love the game so far but there's a little something that makes the first better, I just can't put my finger on it. I love the idea of a Light World/Dark World, it makes me realise how much I love it when I can roam freely everywhere without having to watch the health meter every 10 secondes. laugh.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Just wait until you get "<span class="spoiler">the Light suit</span>". tounge.gif

That's not an RPG though wink.gif
    edited February 2005
    Ohhh! My bad. I'm currently on my second run through in Planescape: Torment and I should start Xenosaga 2 real soon. smile.gif
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited February 2005
    I've been obsessed with Xenosaga II since Saturday.
    SlayersSig.jpg

Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • bebop007bebop007 Member Full Members
    edited February 2005
    Slowly plodding my way through Tales of Symphonia.

Playing through Baldur's Gate I and II again.

I still need to get back too my second playthrough of Suikoden IV as well.
    \"We're about to stage an attack on technology worthy of being chronicled in an anthem by Rush!\"
    edited February 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SupraDarky @ Feb. 28 2005,10:03)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Ohhh! My bad. I'm currently on my second run through in Planescape: Torment and I should start Xenosaga 2 real soon. smile.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    P-L-A-N-E-S-C-A-P-E : T-O-R-M-E-N-T

That game rocks and I need to find my cds.

Dracos
  • Sword_of_SwordsSword_of_Swords Member Full Members
    edited February 2005
    I don't even HAVE to get it to laugh...

Anyway, I haven't been playing too many games lately. I just got Angel season 5 and am still waiting for Digital Devil Saga to come out, so I haven't put myself in the position to enjoy a game.

I tried to play Xenosaga, but I got smacked down by stupid male, flame-thrower-wielding realians in the Song of Nephilim. It's a shame since I got through the first part with little trouble.

Uneven difficulty =/= fun challenge

So, with my failure with my attempt to enjoy Xenosaga, I went back to my old Growlanser III file and played a little bit.

Bah! Angel has been eating up all of my time. Especially since we have been getting a load of snow days lately.
  • Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited February 2005
    Working on Xenosaga II. I tend to focus on one game at a time, so I`ll finish this before going on to Digital Devil Saga *drools*. (Heck, if DDS gets pushed back again, I might play Xenosaga2 twice!)

Anyone else find disk 1 really, really, really short?

I`m on disk 2, and I still don`t have Psycho Pocket because I didn`t know I couldn`t do the GS missions if I helped MoMo first. sad.gif
    edited February 2005
    Gah. They still haven't learned on that?

Does they learn nothing from their mistakes? >_<

Every last Xeno game has done that. Every last one. The mermaid earring in Xenogears. The entire god damn tech email quest in Xenosaga. You'd think they'd learn not to put a full game long sidequest tied to a missable element early in the game.

Admittingly...I still haven't grabbed Xenosaga 2.

Dracos
    All I did was steal some bread.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited February 2005
    Winning Eleven 8
    Shadow Hearts: Covenant
    La Pucelle Tactics
    Ys: Ark of Napishtim

What's the word of the day, kids? Overextension!

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
    edited February 2005
    That's mine, thanks =D

And Shadow Hearts Covenent rocked. =D

Joachim for the win. Blanca for the DESTROYER.

Dracos
    "I am warning you Jalvert, I'm a stronger man by far, there is power in me yet my race is not yet run..."

edited February 2005
    SH:C rocked VERY much. =D
    edited February 2005
    Especially the Man Festival. =_=
    edited February 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dracos @ Feb. 28 2005,22:38)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Blanca for the DESTROYER.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Slightly unbalanced character though. With him as your healer later in the game, it was more or less impossible to die.
  • PlugPlug Member Full Members
    edited February 2005
    Still doing the World of Warcraft thing. ?I've also been making my -- I think -- eighth run through Chrono Cross. ?I seem to be perpetually trapped within the 2000 summer era; almost exclusively the console games I play nowadays sans Silent Hill were released then. ?(Legend of Mana, Chrono Cross, Valkyrie Profile, Final Fantasy IX. ?Man, that was one great summer.)

edited February 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Solon @ Feb. 28 2005,17:26)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dracos @ Feb. 28 2005,22:38)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Blanca for the DESTROYER.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Slightly unbalanced character though. With him as your healer later in the game, it was more or less impossible to die.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Blanca made up for the suckiness that Lucia was. tounge.gif
    edited February 2005
    Psh, all of the characters were basically the same for me. All I did was trade runes.

It's still my favorite game, though.
    edited February 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Solon @ Feb. 28 2005,14:26)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dracos @ Feb. 28 2005,22:38)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Blanca for the DESTROYER.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Slightly unbalanced character though. With him as your healer later in the game, it was more or less impossible to die.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Utterly unbalanced character.

But fun. =)

Dracos
    "What, the radio is mute!"
  • MadroxMadrox Member Full Members
    edited February 2005
    non-RPG:

Devil May Cry

RPG:

Xenosaga Ep.2
    Phantom Brave
    Planescape: Torment (3rd runthrough)

• KarlinnKarlinn Member Full Members
    edited February 2005
    Lessee...

On the console, workin' through Tales of Symphonia and a retro-inspired playthrough of Thousand Arms. (<3's the cutesyness) I also need to get around to finishing Suikoden 3 so I can endure the apparent physical torture that I've heard Suikoden 4 is. Why do I do this? It's possible I hate myself.

On the PC front, still pluggin' away at FFXI, fighting through the one-sided beatdown that is the Baldur's Gate 2 expansion "<span class="spoiler">MELISSAN IS A CHEATING <expletive deleted></span>", and I very recently started an IRC-inspired sledgehammer-only playthrough of Fallout 2. I tell you, melee is just plain fun when you can actually knock guys around with every swing ^^
    edited March 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Madrox @ Feb. 28 2005,15:40)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"non-RPG:

Devil May Cry

RPG:

Xenosaga Ep.2
    Phantom Brave
    Planescape: Torment (3rd runthrough)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Dude, talk 'bout 'em. =)

We can do lists all day and it'll get pretty boring. Or we can keep up to date and get nolstalgic rememberings of games being played.

Dracos
    edited March 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Karlinn @ Feb. 28 2005,15:43)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Lessee...

On the console, workin' through Tales of Symphonia[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Stab for great justice! 2000 kills and more!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE" and a retro-inspired playthrough of Thousand Arms. (<3's the cutesyness)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

You know, the gods willed that I never play through this game. Every time I got it, rental, borrowed, whatnot, it always crashed in the beginning. Every last time. It was something of a disaster. I decided after the third sudden failure that it was just the will of the gods that I never play it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE" I also need to get around to finishing Suikoden 3 so I can endure the apparent physical torture that I've heard Suikoden 4 is. Why do I do this? It's possible I hate myself.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Because you haven't been distracted by a bouncing mouse. Look, bouncing mouse! It's cute. It's not pikachu!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"
    On the PC front, still pluggin' away at FFXI, fighting through the one-sided beatdown that is the Baldur's Gate 2 expansion "<span class="spoiler">MELISSAN IS A CHEATING <expletive deleted></span>", and I very recently started an IRC-inspired sledgehammer-only playthrough of Fallout 2. I tell you, melee is just plain fun when you can actually knock guys around with every swing ^^[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

*breathes in* SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDGEEEEEEEE HAMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!

Dracos
    "The world I have known is lost in shadow."
  • SkaBossSkaBoss Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    I just finished Chain of memories earlier this evening. I stopped playing it last month when I got to the final boss as he was too hard. I decided to finish it tonight because I'm getting suikoden II tommorow (finnally! =D) and i finished xenosaga II over the weekend.

The ending of Xenosaga II was really good. I'd say I'm much more excited about episode 3 than I was about 2. And yeah, don't worry about how short disc one was. I finished the first disc in 8 hours and the whole game took me just short of 30. However I didn't do any of the post game bosses and left much of the GS campaign unfinished.

- John
    edited March 2005
    Did they conclude something in it? Or end suddenly like the first.

Dracos