If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

What are you playing today?

Comments

• RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Legend of Zelda The Minnish Cap *whistles Zelda theme song* laugh.gif
  • ASHURANASHURAN Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    ys 6 ended to soon .why cant great rpgs go on forever lol. i so love this game! now im playing it without powering it up.just checked the falcom site. Ys 1&2 complete is coming to ps2 soon! so u bet im going to preorder these 2 games. after all i loved the Lunar 1&2 complete games biggrin.gif

• DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Raina @ Mar. 02 2005,09:27)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Legend of Zelda The Minnish Cap *whistles Zelda theme song* laugh.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    That game was awesome.

so nicely fairytaled.

Dracos
  • cj_iwakuracj_iwakura Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Tales of Symphonia's in my GC at the moment, so I guess that's the one of the day.. way too many others going on though, including the final bosses of Xenosaga and La Pucelle, and being 25% through Nocturne and Phantom Brave.
  • Purple MagePurple Mage Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Final Fantasy X, was the last thing I played, because I've haden't had time with all the exams and stuff, the exmans are over now but I don't feel like picking it up again, basically because the last time I played it I was stuck in a stupid cave. But I'm enjoying the game very much, I like the sphere grid sistem (though it took me a while to get used to it). The only thing is I get kinda tired of the character's voices they get very monotonous, specially when Tidus starts whining about his father (WUAAAAA) I hate that dude (worst hero ever!), but is a good game over all.
    edited March 2005
    Ack, a mortal gamer!

Dracos
    Teases, Teases.
  • SevenStarSevenStar Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Shadow Hearts 1: - ?Id been looking for this game for ages and i finally found it for a snip @ ?8
    I wanted to revisit this game before I venture onto its sequal and its just as enjoying as the first time I played it "<span class="spoiler"> the video when Yuri whacks Bacon through the face call me sadistic but it was funny</span>" and "<span class="spoiler"> the part when Yuri tries to fuse with the seraphic radiance, bacon says im going back to london for a spot of tea Ta Ta and a piece of debris hits him on the head as hes laughing</span>" ...great moments. ?
    Another game ive recently completed is Resident Evil 1 a great game it is but when you look back the acting in that was soo terrible its classic "Wesker?! Jill?!... where are Jill and Wesker?" , and chris' hair cut you could set your watch by

• SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dracos @ Mar. 02 2005,21:13)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"That game was awesome.

so nicely fairytaled.

Dracos[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Buy it! BUY IT you heathen!

*sniff*
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
    edited March 2005
    *lol* laugh.gif Still playing it and it is awesome. laugh.gif

Also trying out beta of something Chris picked up called Guild Wars, it's interesting so far...
  • ASHURANASHURAN Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    ok time to try the xenosaga series Just got game 1&2 so hope its ok.....but me thinks ill need popcorn for the first game
  • VariusVarius Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Replaying FFVII through for the third time ever. First played it back in 2000, second in 2001, and now in 2005.

Only things I haven't done in the game before are get the Master Materia or defeat Ruby Weapon. I HAVE defeated Emerald Weapon, but that was a fun, repetitive half-hour of Limit Breaks and powerful Summons and Magics. Ruby will require much more strategy.

Does anyone here know where I can get the purple/Independent Huge Materia, or which monsters in the game offer the most EXP and AP, and where I can find them? I know many boss monsters offer ample EXP and AP, like the Weapons, but I need enemies I can encounter randomly. The Magic Pots in the Northern Crater offer 2000AP each, but you must sacrifice an Elixir, and if you don't have any Elixir, you're out of luck.

So far, the best level-building and AP-earning spot in the game is the forest around Mideel; the Head Hunters and Chrysalises offer ample EXP and AP, especially when your weapons or armor offer Double Growth to your Materia. Let me know if you find a better level-building spot!

I've checked GameFAQs for a full bestiary, but they don't have one.
  • HylanHylan Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    I can't remember its been years since playing FFVII. However, if you ask in the game help forum, you're more likely to get an answer than here biggrin.gif .
  • ArekaineArekaine Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Megaten's Nocturne. Thor just handed me my Moo on a plate. Need to an anti lighting crew going
  • Big BossBig Boss New Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    im playing wild arms 3. a pretty nice old skool rpg.. with some puzzles to solve. smile.gif
    edited March 2005
    Today I hath acquired Ys 6, Metal Gear Solid 3, and Resident Evil 4.

Perhaps I may even find time to play these games.

Dracos
    edited March 2005
    put in some more time with Ys and trying out Ring of Red.
  • DarionDarion Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Stick with Ring of Red for a bit, even if you don't like it at first. I really enjoyed it, but it took a while for me to get into.

I'm currently playing World of Warcraft. When I'm able to drag myself away I've been putting most of my time into Kessen 3 and Ys: AoN.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Ring of Red is sooooooooooooo damn slow. Good, but paint dries faster than that game plays.

I <3 Yukio Futatsugi. Can't wait for Phantom Dust.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • Sword_of_SwordsSword_of_Swords Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    I went back to tinker around with DQVI.

Needless to say, it still kicks major butt.
    edited March 2005
    *high fives*

Hear, Hear for the Dragon Quest =D

Dracos
  • King Jowy XXIIKing Jowy XXII Regnus Obscura Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Jowy is now playing: Ys!!!!!! Again! laugh.gif Huzzah!!
    edited March 2005
    *looks at his unopened Ys box*

I'll get there this weekend. hell or high waters!

Dracos
  • arcanaarcana New Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    NOTHING!

But I should be borrowing a copy of Star Ocean III on Monday. I have a copy of Shadow Hearts, unopened, sitting on my counter. It's been like that for a month. Ugh, no motivation to play games.

I'll probably start Star Ocean III first because:

1) It would be borrowed and I'd have to give it back eventually
    2) People I know have started a Star Ocean RPG MUSH and I want to play. smile.gif

Tomorrow, I will let you know what finally happens! Will my two-month long drought of gaming be broken? smile.gif
    edited March 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dracos @ Mar. 05 2005,19:12)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"*looks at his unopened Ys box*

I'll get there this weekend. hell or high waters!

Okay, walking on water is no real recompensation versus playing Ys.

;_;

Dracos
  • ArdeArde Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Playing Suikoden 3 and Ring of Red.
    No, not at the same time, mind you. Unfortunately I still have things to do other than playing games, 'cept on weekends.

Never played any Suikoden series, was surprised on the goodness of Suikoden 3 (after having been majorly dissapointed with almost any RPG coming out recently).
    And now I cry for the lack of Suikoden 1 and Suikoden 2...boo hoo...

On that note, anyone knows where I can get a copy of Suikoden 1 and 2 on a normal price? I don't think any game(even a godly game) is worth $60-100 in Ebay or Half.com
    edited March 2005
    Suik 2 is.

And really, there's no other way to get it than to be ungodly lucky. The folks selling it know how rare it is, how well liked it is, and how much folks will pay for it and they're well willing to make a profit off it.

Dracos
    Coldcoldcold
  • SevenStarSevenStar Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Varius @ Mar. 04 2005,00:05)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Replaying FFVII through for the third time ever. First played it back in 2000, second in 2001, and now in 2005.

Only things I haven't done in the game before are get the Master Materia or defeat Ruby Weapon. I HAVE defeated Emerald Weapon, but that was a fun, repetitive half-hour of Limit Breaks and powerful Summons and Magics. Ruby will require much more strategy.

Does anyone here know where I can get the purple/Independent Huge Materia, or which monsters in the game offer the most EXP and AP, and where I can find them? I know many boss monsters offer ample EXP and AP, like the Weapons, but I need enemies I can encounter randomly. The Magic Pots in the Northern Crater offer 2000AP each, but you must sacrifice an Elixir, and if you don't have any Elixir, you're out of luck.

So far, the best level-building and AP-earning spot in the game is the forest around Mideel; the Head Hunters and Chrysalises offer ample EXP and AP, especially when your weapons or armor offer Double Growth to your Materia. Let me know if you find a better level-building spot!

I've checked GameFAQs for a full bestiary, but they don't have one.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Do you have W-item if so theres a trick to build up as many items as you want equip W item and in battle select to use an item on someone and then the 2nd but dont confirm it on the person instead click back and it will have increased the said item by one, repeat process until hot and fluffy
  • Sword_of_SwordsSword_of_Swords Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dracos @ Mar. 05 2005,18:59)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"*high fives*

Hear, Hear for the Dragon Quest =D

*high fives back*

*misses and falls over*
    edited March 2005
    Xenosaga II almost to the end now...and Suikoden 2 again because I just got in the mood to play again, it is my favorite one. laugh.gif Chris keeps teasing he's gonna sell it, but he knows I'll hurt him. A lot. laugh.gif
    edited March 2005
    If he does, he must be beaten with a tire iron.

Dracos