If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

What are you playing today?

Comments

• King Jowy XXIIKing Jowy XXII Regnus Obscura Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Eventually, when my collection is "complete" (by whatever subjective standard that might fall under) I hope to buy up copies of Suikoden 2 from Ebay and disseminate them to various gamers as a gesture of...good will? Stupidity? I dunno. It sounds kinda nice, though.

Ahem. Anyway, in my sights today: Lloyd Center Arcade!

Yup, apparently my friend Joe and I are going to be challenging people at Tekken 5 in the "really real world!" Kinda...public, if you ask me, but he assures me that the place rocks, so...
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Why did the Tekken 5 box set have to come with a Hori joystick? I'm seriously considering spending a hundred clams on a Tekken game because of that.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
    edited March 2005
    Don't...it's garbage. -_-; We ripped it out of the box and set it up on three GT4 Logitech wheels at work to simulate an arcade-style atmosphere, and, well...it's just not what it is cracked up to be. I'll leave it at that.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (King Jowy XXII @ Mar. 08 2005,12:49)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Eventually, when my collection is "complete" (by whatever subjective standard that might fall under) I hope to buy up copies of Suikoden 2 from Ebay and disseminate them to various gamers as a gesture of...good will? Stupidity? I dunno. It sounds kinda nice, though.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Could you send one to me? I'd like to see what all the fuss is about.
    SlayersSig.jpg

Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
    edited March 2005
    Hori joysticks? Garbage? Surely you jest, sir.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • Sword_of_SwordsSword_of_Swords Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Slayer of God @ Mar. 08 2005,15:24)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (King Jowy XXII @ Mar. 08 2005,12:49)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Eventually, when my collection is "complete" (by whatever subjective standard that might fall under) I hope to buy up copies of Suikoden 2 from Ebay and disseminate them to various gamers as a gesture of...good will? Stupidity? I dunno. It sounds kinda nice, though.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Could you send one to me? I'd like to see what all the fuss is about.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Ooh! Ooh! Me too!

Limited-budgeted teenagers should be first in line.

=P
  • ArdeArde Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    I heard the bundled Hori Joysticks aren't the real Japanese-imported one. Something like China-made but under the Japanese license, if I remember correctly.
    I'll try to find the article I read it in.

Of course, this is all from my faulty memory, so better get into an official review site first that covers that bundled joystick.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Raina @ Mar. 08 2005,17:42)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Xenosaga II almost to the end now...and Suikoden 2 again because I just got in the mood to play again, it is my favorite one. laugh.gif Chris keeps teasing he's gonna sell it, but he knows I'll hurt him. A lot. laugh.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Selling Suikoden 2 is akin to selling off your own children.

It should be illegal.

Jowy: Send me one too. After my copy burned a few years ago I've lost sleep many many nights hearing that howl of the dark sword rune. Give me back my sanity!!

• RuinRuin Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Selling off your children is illegal? Well, color me red!
    edited March 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Arde @ Mar. 09 2005,06:24)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Of course, this is all from my faulty memory, so better get into an official review site first that covers that bundled joystick.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Please do, sir. I've played with the Tekken stick two times now and it doesn't feel like it's of a lesser quality than the other sticks I've had the pleasure of using.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis

• ArdeArde Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    My apologies.
    I mistook Sanwa with Hori.
    And no, no problems with the Hori stick bundled with Tekken 5.
    I think all online review sites have mentioned Hori stick, my mistake for confusing with Sanwa stick.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Hori stick though. So all's good and all's well. laugh.gif
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Hopefully more Ys 6 after I get done finances and make sure eds is ready for tomorrow.

Dracos
    Yay.
    edited March 2005
    Went back to my old file in MegaTen: Nocturne.

I'm really enjoying it a lot more than before. Let's see...I'm about 26-27 hours in now and am heading to Yoyugi Park (sp). The prospect of leveling up from 51 - 55 to get a Quesecotl is becoming more and more attractive. Hopefully, the trip to Yoyugi will be enough to at least get me to 53 or 54.
  • ArekaineArekaine Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"leveling up from 51 - 55 to get a Quesecotl[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah I'm about at that part of the game my self. I keep "window shopping" in the Cathedral of Shadows, and that Quesecotl looks pretty cool
  • SupraDarkySupraDarky Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    So I just started playing Xenosaga 2. Only played for an hour, so far so good! The only problem I have is the loading at the start of a battle, it's pretty slow and the music takes 10 seconds to start or something. Oh and the voice acting doesn't seem that great right now (though I've been spoiled by Shadow Heart 2's excellent VA). Story looks promising but that is to be expected. smile.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2005
    im playing maple story right now
    edited March 2005
    What is that? =)

Dracos
    edited March 2005
    Just enqueued Castle Shikigami 2, Ikaruga, Maken X and Koudelka and will be adding Digital Devil Saga when it comes out.

What's the word of the day? Superhyperubermegaoverextension!

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • SupraDarkySupraDarky Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Koudelka hmmm....I'll have to buy that one someday.

As for Maple Story, I think it's one of those free MMOPRGs.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dracos @ Mar. 14 2005,01:44)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"What is that? =)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    It's an MMORPG for the PC.

Davis -> Way to go buying SnS 2! What console did you pick it up for? It's a lovely game nevertheless.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • DarionDarion Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Davis @ Mar. 13 2005,20:25)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Just enqueued Castle Shikigami 2, Ikaruga, Maken X and Koudelka and will be adding Digital Devil Saga when it comes out.

What's the word of the day? Superhyperubermegaoverextension!

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

You have only just begun, grasshopper. Let a master show you how it's done. As a note, these are just the games that I actually have sitting in a pile of "I'm playing these right now" games.

Baten Kaitos, Devil May Cry 3, Kessen 3, Langrisser 3, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Shadow Hearts 2, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Shining in the Holy Ark, Tekken 5, Viewtiful Joe 2, and Ys 6.

On top of that, I have sitting in my game room, unplayed, yet owned since the day they came out: Paper Mario 2, Suikoden 4, Star Ocean 3, and Xenosaga 2. Of course, I should also be getting Venus and Braves this week, and probably Musashi Samurai Legend. And to quote you again, I "will be adding Digital Devil Saga when it comes out."

Top all that off with World of Warcraft, which I have been trying to play sparingly, deciding to replay Vanguard Bandits, my continuing quest to complete Fire Emblem's Hector Hard Mode without buying anything, the fact that I've been dragged into a Roleplaying session about once a week, and my recent aquisition of a large amount of Magic cards for very little money...

Can you say superhypermegaoverextension + 1?

I'm at the point where I don't even know what to play anymore. It's kinda sad really.
    edited March 2005
    That's not playing those games Darion. That's just grabbing whatever's on your unbeaten pile at random.

Two, three, sometimes even four can be played in parallel. When you are going to five to ten, it's not playing them in parallel anymore since you go weeks without touching one of them.

Dracos
  • DarionDarion Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Ah, but any given day I pick one up and go, "I'll play this today."

But yes, I suppose you are right. So, looks like I'm playing Devil May Cry 3 and Tekken 5 mostly at the moment.

EDIT:kyle.gif

You know, I've learned something today. I hadn't realized it before, or maybe I did, and didn't want to admit it...I dunno. The point is, I've realized I'm spreading myself too thin. I'm doing too much at once. Gone are the good old days when I would play one game at a time. I've taken on a mission, quest, crusade to finish as many games as I can. I'd almost forgotten why I play games in the first place.

I play to enjoy them. Or, rather, I should anyway.

The past year/year-and-a-half, I've spent building that huge pile of games. It's quite daunting really. I sit and look at all those games and am overwhelmed. I keep thinking "I've gotta finish all these."

No more.

My eyes have been opened. The curtain has been lifted. The wool pulled away from my eyes. Screw finishing the games. I want to enjoy what I play. If I finish a game now and then along the way, then so be it.

Arigatou gozaimasu, Dracos-sama.

Darion
    Revelations are great. 'specially the Persona kind.

edited March 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Solon @ Mar. 14 2005,01:49)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Davis -> Way to go buying SnS 2! What console did you pick it up for? It's a lovely game nevertheless.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I got the domestic PS2 release. The localization is so bad it's hilarious. In fact, it's so bad that the voice actors have to adlib a lot of their lines because the babelfish-produced script doesn't make sense.

As you said though, it's a lovely game, especially when you factor in it's MSRP of nine nintety-nine for a brand new copy. I thank you very much for mentioning it in the obscure games thread.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
    edited March 2005
    Nocturne -

I cleared Yoyogi park. I'm now at level 55.

Just a quick question...

"<span class="spoiler">I've heard that Sahakaji (the evil serial killer manikin) can join your party. Could someone tell me how to go about this and mabe some tips on what to fuse him into if he doesn't turn out very good? </span>"
    edited March 2005
    *just beat Ys: the Ark of Yaskhihgadg*
    *removes Ys from his gaming queue*

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Regarding the SMT question...

"<span class="spoiler">You can get Sakahagi in your party (and Futomini) but they require a special side-quest. You go into the Fourth Kalpa in the Amala and enter this area called the 12 steps of hell. Depending on the phase of Kagasuchi, this warp takes you to several different places. If you go to the maze level (check out gameFAQs for the right phase) you will encounter 2 souls who were Futomini and Sakahagi in their past lives. If you talk to other beings in the area, they will say one manniqin has escaped from the area. Go back to the overworld and go to the graveyard (south of Ikeburo). If you look around, you should find a pile of mud (dead maniquin) and something called the Afterlife Bell.

Return to the maze area and speak to the souls again. Use the Afterlife bell. Now you can create Kishin Futomini and Foul Sakahagi. Sakahagi is hard to fuse though. You might have to end up ranking down to get him or ranking up when cursed.</span>"

Enjoy tounge.gif
    edited March 2005
    Which do you think is better (if you've used them at all)?

"<span class="spoiler">Futomimi or Sahakagi?</span>"
  • bhsbhs Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    "<span class="spoiler">Kishin Futomimi, by a long shot. ?The only reason to get Gedou Sakahagi is to complete your akuma zensho.</span>"

Because I'm so excited about the soon-to-be-released Tengai Makyou III: Namida, I've been playing Tengai Makyou II: Manjimaru.
    edited March 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bhs @ Mar. 15 2005,20:46)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Because I'm so excited about the soon-to-be-released Tengai Makyou III: Namida, I've been playing Tengai Makyou II: Manjimaru.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    ~blinks~

Surely you jest? You ALSO play Tengai Makyo?! @_@

So this is what it feels like...when doves cry... ~sniff~

~J~
    Who currently has the pleasant task of trudging through TMIV: The Apocalypse...

Edit: P.S. You wouldn't happen to know where I could find a decent translation of IV, would you? My Japanese is slim to non-existent, and so I have to enjoy the story second-hand, sadly. Still, I have been wanting to get through this one ever since I saw my city on a rather...unique...map of the United States that was included with the game. (BTW, did you know that Seattle and Portland are neighboring cities in that most Northwestern of states: Montana? ^^ )