If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

What are you playing today?

Comments

• GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Started up Super Robot Wars OG Saga - Masoukishin The Lord of Elemental (DS) today, and... yeah, this is an old-school Bandai strategy game. The fourth map gave me three game-overs before I thankfully discovered that all I had to do was reduce the bad guy to half HP in order to win. The fact that he has 10,000 HP and recovers 2000 HP per round, (with only one of my units able to do more than that in damage, with a limited-use weapon that could miss or be blocked) surely did not help.
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    Started playing two different titles since Star Ocean 5.

First up is Ar Nosurge, which was a game I remember heavily looking forward to in the past. Something came up and I dropped it for a little while, and never returned because the localization wasn't very good. So I decided now was the time to give it another chance. Turns out I only got about 8 hours into the game last time, and I'm almost at the end of the first phase now. What I remember about the translation was spot on, its actually pretty terrible especially if you try to make any sense out of what NPCs have to say. The RPG elements here could have been good, if the game was given a bigger budget for exploration. Combat is actually kind of fun, and I have a soft spot for Gust's random encounter bar thing that lets you not have to fight much. Where the game really shines though is the soundtrack and story. Which is why its even more criminal that the localization was botched since its pretty close to just being a straight visual novel. Thankfully though I'm able to mentally repair most of the errors here, which is key because I probably wouldn't be enjoying myself much otherwise. Its strange but I'm pretty engrossed into it right now, its a deeply flawed gem whose sparkle really caught my eye. Enough so that I'm looking to dive into Ciel Nosurge afterwards.

Finally I just started Rise of the Tomb Raider the other day. Im a huge fan of the Tomb Raider reboot, so it really hurt to have to wait for the sequel to hit PS4 as late as it did. After starting it up, I was worried I wasn't going to like this one as much because the plot is kind of silly and not told very well, and I'm also not a big fan of icy locales to begin with. However after getting past the introductory sequences Im finding the fun gameplay and map exploration I remember from the first game. Its very unlikely I'll enjoy Rise as much as the Reboot, but I'm still happy to get another game in the same style even if the quality isn't quite as high before.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Yeah the Ar no Surge translation is HORRENDOUS. Although once get through to Phase 3, it actually really starts to make full sense.

In an hour I will be starting Dragon Quest VIII for the 3DS cause .... it comes out today
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    Played Dragon Quest for about 14 hours so far (it got here yesterday) and I have a few things to say about it.

-instant alchemy makes things so much better.
    -draw distance is really low compared to the PS2 version.
    -the game still looks fantastic.
    -doesn't sound noticably different to my ears
    -photographs are a simple addition that's both easy and rewarding (literally)
    -having to kill 30 of a monster to spawn a big monster (that you need to take a picture of too) is very annoying. No idea where they spawn.
    -I have been able to avoid most monsters when I want to even in the dungeon areas.

I can't think of anything else to say right now. In short, it's pretty great so far.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
    edited January 23
    Still working through Masoukishin THE LORD OF ELEMENTAL right now, and it's still what one might expect of an on-rails tactical game experience. I'm twenty chapters in, and only had the option to choose who to field in battle once, on a battle where I had ten rounds to get to this trio of targets and take them out simultaneously with map attacks. Run out of time, or destroy one but not all of those targets, and the city gets obliterated by a thaumonuclear device. Took me three tries >_<

--update:
    I think I reached the end of the original SNES game's content, maybe. At least, there's this big thing where the hero travels back to the surface world (Earth) to chase after the bad guy who (probably) just nuked a city with quite a few of his friends in it. Instead of a big show-down, however, I was treated to a long, scrolling bit of exposition that I didn't bother reading all the way through because the font was a bit small and the proper noun to everything else ratio was too darn high.

The next chapter, #26, was completely without direct action on my part. Instead, it's the hero and a new girl reminiscing over the events that brought them to this place and time. In doing so, they pretty much summarize the entire Original Generation Saga series, complete with about five obvious final-boss battles playing out as cut scenes and a baker's dozen of new characters getting pulled in. It's only because of research on JP over the years that I even got any of the references to things like the Aerogators, the Interrogators, Dark Brain, the Einst (as seen in Endless Frontier!), and something called the Shura.

Seriously, Bandai, what's up with putting a three-to-five game gap in the MIDDLE OF THIS GAME???
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited January 23
    I recently just finished up Yakuza Zero and now I am playing things again!

Fallout 4 - I beat the Far Harbor DLC and I am just doing some trophy clean up. My goal for the month of January (until I got Yakuza Zero) was to attempt to complete Fallout 4's main storyline. However, I still haven't gone to C.I.T, and I haven't picked a faction yet either. I kinda fell down a rabbit hole of doing quests (like ya do in Fallout). Not sure who I am going to side with, so we shall see. I did really enjoy Far Harbor though, although the ultimate choice felt like a no brainer for me (although having to kill people is not something I enjoy in this games, but I don't have a high charisma build either sooooo). Interested to see where things go, though I don't think I will have the time to polish this one off this month. Going to try though (unless Overwatch eats my soul).

I also got Atelier Shallie Plus for review and have been making very slow progress on this one. This time I decided I am playing it through as Princess!Shallie, since I did Witch!Shallie in my PS3 playthrough. At this point I've only cleared the prologue, so I have some work ahead of me.

And I am still working my way through Harvest Moon: Skytree Village because I am still determined that I am going to review it for the site. I am working my way through the 6th Skytree at the moment. I think I am close to polishing off the main story for this one (it's been my bus game when I am working downtown).
    Been playing DQ VIII and love all the little updates to it, also the fact there is a fast forward combat SO MUCH BETTER
    sig.gif

and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

edited January 26
    Continuing to work my way through Rise of the Tomb Raider. Exploration is a lot of fun, and I enjoy upgrading weapons, equipment, and playing with different outfits. There's something off with the pacing though, unfortunately. Far too often there's just these huge segments of the game where you have a lot of different paths and side missions available which eat up the lion's share of gameplay. Most exploration and side quests don't involve any fighting. Shoot outs or stealthy sections are just too sparse for how enjoyable they can be. Its a shame, because I remember the Reboot had pretty much aced the Uncharted formula, while Rise seems to really hammer home the ruins, puzzles, and exploration aspects more. Not that those are inherently bad or anything, its just too much available all at once. The entire Baba Yaga quest line was really cool for example, though I did miss a small interactable in the final fight which led to a good 15 or more minutes wandering around wondering what to do. Overall I really enjoy the game, its a solid 8/10 for sure. Its hard to believe that I'm only halfway through the game according to a walkthrough, even though Ive done 75% of the optional stuff. Maybe things are really about to pick up!

Also started Tales of Berseria, though I've put very little time into it. Just enough to see the opening sequences. Going into Berseria I was extremely apprehensive, because Zesty wasn't the best game and for some reason I just can't stand pretty much every game I've ever played with a pirate or ship exploration theme. If the rest of the game is as enjoyable as the 3 hours or so I played, then there was no reason for me to be worried at all. I loved what I got here, somehow Tales just seems to hit exactly what I want pretty much every time. Going back to traditional separate screen encounters is certainly for the best, and I'm happy with the story direction as well as the aesthetic feel of the world for now.
    Masoukishin THE LORD OF ELEMENTAL is getting downright nasty. The latest big enemy had over 50,000 HP and a defense rating so high that I'm surprised they even bothered giving it the Iron Wall ability as well. Iron Wall reduces all damage received for the next turn to 10, but that's about how much all but two of my guys were doing on him usually. The only way to guarantee ANY damage was to hit him from behind and pray that his Blur and Parry abilities didn't kick in as well. To make things REAL nasty, he also had some power which, if used, made him counter the next attack with a hit-all area blast that does 9000+ damage to my entire side -- and no unit has more than 6000. Also, he heals more than 50% of his own HP every single round.

It took me four TPKs before I got lucky and had my two heavy-hitters both make successful super-attacks to his back while the Passion ability (2x damage) was in effect. Even better, in the process of having one of those TPKs, my main character levelled up enough that he had two attacks per round now, so I could get three five-digit attacks in one round, which was barely enough to kill him.

At least, I hope he's dead. There are other villains in this game that have about as many lives as a chimeric cat-cockroach thing.
    edited January 29
    Many SRW boss (not just Lord of Elemental) seem to do that

Also been playing Tales of Berseria and love it. Definately feel it is a stronger entry then Zesteria and currently is holding either the number 2 or 3 spot for favorite Tales alongside Eternia and Vesparia.
    sig.gif

• DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    Been trying to finish off Tales of Zestiria so I can get to Berseria here. Managed to get further than I had before, with me having to now go across the giant bridge. Story drove me insane until I realized the theme of the game is essentially Ideals vs Reality, at which point it bothers me LESS. Team is level 50, and I'm way more higher skilled than I had been before. Playing through the game as Rose has helped deal with the stupid AI quite a bit, as Sorey is far less likely to die compared to AI Rose, plus her fast attacking comes in handy. Tomorrow I plan on getting further, since I have a feeling I'm nearing the last 1/4 of the game.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    Digimon Next Order is...different than the previous Digimon game. Dying partners kinda suck, as does not controlling what they digivolve into. I've mostly just powered my way through every battle thus far and when I lose I go back to training for a while. I'm still very early and things haven't completely unlocked. I'm just a little salty that I couldn't get Guilmon and Agumon like I wanted.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • jscarpejscarpe Member Full Members
    The last week I've been playing Yakuza 0 and Nyx was right in her review, it is freaking awesome. I'm enjoying changing combat styles depending on the opponents and location; there really has been good depth and variety even with only two characters in this game. Also, the sidequests are top notch; Yakuza has had me laughing out loud every night with some new bizarre or crazy thing I wasn't expecting. It's early, but 0 is on its way to supplanting 4 as my favorite in the series.

Also, since the Fire Emblem Direct, I got the bug to finish off the final route of Fire Emblem Fates: Revelations . I put it down last year after 100 hours that I plunged into the first two routes and by the end I was burnt out and throughly soured on the story. However the completionist bug has taken hold and I'm over halfway done with Revelations. I still think the story is incredibly weak and it feels like the popular mechanics from Awakening were shoehorned in whether it made sense in the story or not, however the maps and actual gameplay are extremely strong. I'm having a lot more fun this time; rolling with the punches, enjoying the strategy and not restarting when people die. Fates is still at the bottom of Fire Emblem games I've played, but I'm starting to have hope again going forward. Man I just hope they get a better writer for FE:Switch (feels like I said that after Awakening), or maybe at least better coordination between the writer and game designers so the whole works better together.
    I've been going at it with Tales of Berseria for awhile now. I have no idea how far into the game I am, but I wrapped up some activities in Southgand. Loved the atmosphere and design of the places there, by the way. I feel like the game could be a lot longer, if mastering cooking and titles with all the characters is anything at all to go by, which Im guessing they aren't.

Just discovered you can use the awkward hitboxes of certain moves that give you directional momentum with L1+Direction+X to purposely "miss" the enemy but still hit them so to speak which has really opened the battle system up even more toward styling on enemies. The combat here is just incredible, for me it stands alongside Graces as the best in the series and I love that you can customize what each button does whenever you want. I'm playing on Intense right now, and honestly I wish Chaos was here so enemies would have more health, just for longer chains so some enemies wouldn't be defeated so swiftly. The story is actually surprisingly awesome here as well, I love how they played off of some things Zestiria introduced similar to a Baten Kaitos or Ar Tonelico where the games examine their own lore from another perspective. Character interaction is pretty awesome, theres a lot of underlying struggles and neat little quirks that everyone has. In general the tone of the party and what they're trying to accomplish is a huge breath of fresh air. There are a couple of little polish issues that could have made the game a tiny bit better, like having the Katz be less stupid and a more involved and rewarding mechanic, or bringing back other fun little staples like the Wonder Chef. Overall though I'm extremely pleased that they've focused on the meat and potatoes of what I want in an RPG, a good story and battle system.

Like Anime Man said, Berseria is up there with Vesperia as my favorite in the series right now, and as long as it doesn't fall off a cliff or prove to be unfinished like Xillia then theres a very real chance it could end up being my #1 Tales.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    Me, been playing Gravity Rush 2. It's been a lot of fun..I'll go back to 2.8 maybe after. Since I beat KH DDD, I haven't had much of a motivation to play that one, but I'll prolly get to it eventually.
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    I beat the Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and its expansions. Also doing well in Digital Devil Saga. I'm currently doing all the side boss stuff before moving on with the game.
    I also hope that I can beat Dragon's Crown before the end of Q1.
    Tales of Berseria is the game thats currently going on with my console playing.

DQVIII is my current portable game. I'm up to the World of Darkness bit.
    sig.gif

With the upcoming move and all the packing that involves, I haven't actually started a new game yet. Instead, I was playing through Super Robot Wars OG Saga - Masoukishin: Lord of Elemental again, because the new game plus feature gave me a million credits to splurge on upgrades at the very start. I'm currently around Stage 39 with over a hundred played turns fewer than when I finished the game the first time around (game keeps track of how many turns in one playthrough).

Thing is, there was one spot in my first run through the game where I obviously screwed up a plot flag. Specifically, there's a battle where a guy named Rodney is being coerced to keep fighting against me. If he happens to, say, get hit by an area attack, then the piddling mech he's piloting has no chance of survival, and as it turns out, he doesn't have a functioning escape pod either because the villainous overlord of his side is a jerk.

So I figured that this time around, I'd put in the extra effort to avoid killing him and possibly end up with either him or this girl who likes him added to my team roster (the girl in question dogged me through several battles, screaming REVENGE, in the previous playthrough). What actually happened, though, was that I not only got Rodney as a playable character, but after a new rescue mission, I also got his girlfriend Ellis AND a different character named Simone, who I hadn't been able to get back previously, and THEN the game started on a completely different track from the endgame I'd seen before, one involving the other half of the inner globe of La Giyas and a set of characters who barely got any facetime in my previous game.

One character, one battle, one plot flag, resulting in three characters and (so far) eight new battle stages to work through. Nice surprise, there.
    Now that is a really unique thing to come across by doing one thing so remotely and minutely different
    sig.gif

• 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited February 15
    Another month's subscription to FF14 down, this ending 150 subscribed days for me in total. Highlights:

-Beat Zurvan Ex with a party finder group. It took several parties for me to get skilled enough to clear it, then several more parties to find 7 other people who also were. I finally got in a group where the tank was the only weak link, we stuck together for over an hour, and cleared it. Hardcore raiders who beat this with their static and call the fight easy need to realize they're playing it on easy mode. Put on 250 gear, join a PF clear party, and tell me it's easy. I feel lucky that it only took me about 8 hours to get it done.

-White mage relic quest DONE! The grind had its low points, but looking back, it gave me something time-consuming to do in my last 2 subs and it was nice having the non-raid BiS weapon for a while.

-Leveled goldsmith desynth to 230, weaver to 200. It's an esoteric accomplishment as I imagine few bother, but I liked taking the time, gil, and planning to make it happen while turning out a small profit.

-Beat the Coeurl FATE, the last rare FATE I was missing. Also helped spawn and then kill an S rank that was new to me, a fun enough task for a sleepy weekend morning.

-Favorite new minions of this sub: atrophied atomos, dwarf rabbit, owlet

Regrets:

-I had wanted to get Black Mage to 60, but I still hate leveling combat classes despite how much easier and less torturous it's become. I only got to 56.

-I didn't use my poor AST at all. I would have liked to try some Dun or A12N runs with it as a change of pace and for practice. Somehow the month slipped by and I never did.

-This is more a knock on the hardcore community's attitude than a personal regret, but I got locked out of Zurvan farm parties. It being the hardest fight in the game that I can handle, it would have been fun to run it a while with other people at my skill level.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
    On the final battle of Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Masoukishin - The Lord of Elemental... again, but differently. On either the A path or B path, it's still the same three super-mechs plus a few mooks, but the location and certain specifics have been changed. In any case, it's still a nasty fight, because this is a game that likes to make bosses by first giving them double the normal defense stats, then adding a layer of unspecified damage reduction so that only a few units can actually damage them, then add mech abilities that severely limit the chances of hitting them from behind, then amping up the deflection and dodge abilities, and THEN giving them 30-50% regeneration per turn. Oh, and all three have area attacks and double-move, so any one of them could conceivably wipe out my entire side in a single turn. My strategy hinges so much on luck at this point that it's not funny.
    edited February 28
    After a long period of foot-dragging by my brother, he decided this week to buy Overwatch on PC and wanted me to get it too so we could play together. I played a bit after installing it last night and had mixed feelings about it. I played a free trial last fall on PS4, and while the game is better with KBAM, I ran into what had to be cheating pros starting new profiles and crushing the newb games I was joining. There was a small group I kept ending up against (and once on their team for an easy win). One guy in particular fired nothing but headshots at relatively long ranges, a 2nd always used Genji and also killed people in a couple shots, and a 3rd rotated characters but was similarly immortal. I mean, they were unflankable, unkillable, and always headshotting, and the first time I saw them they all had level 2 profiles, meaning I ran into them in their 2nd match ever. They won every match in under 2 minutes unless it was a defense match. Really took the fun out of it.

It's mainly noteworthy to me because I played Overwatch for over 10 hours on the PS4 and didn't see this once. Now I'm wishing my brother stayed with the PS4 version. I don't see us playing it much if this is a frequent occurrence. I already don't like FPS games much, and he doesn't like multiplayer games much.

EDIT: Been playing Overwatch for hours every day since and never saw the above happen again. Also, I found out later that I happened to start on PC the day after a competitive season ended, when Certain People might think it's fun to pass the time between seasons by making new profiles and using software cheats. Now I'm happy I'm on a PC and I've been having a blast.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    Playing the new Torment game. it's decent bet it doesn't hold a candle to the game it draws inspiration from.
    7thCircle wrote: »
    After a long period of foot-dragging by my brother, he decided this week to buy Overwatch on PC and wanted me to get it too so we could play together. I played a bit after installing it last night and had mixed feelings about it. I played a free trial last fall on PS4, and while the game is better with KBAM, I ran into what had to be cheating pros starting new profiles and crushing the newb games I was joining. There was a small group I kept ending up against (and once on their team for an easy win). One guy in particular fired nothing but headshots at relatively long ranges, a 2nd always used Genji and also killed people in a couple shots, and a 3rd rotated characters but was similarly immortal. I mean, they were unflankable, unkillable, and always headshotting, and the first time I saw them they all had level 2 profiles, meaning I ran into them in their 2nd match ever. They won every match in under 2 minutes unless it was a defense match. Really took the fun out of it.

It's mainly noteworthy to me because I played Overwatch for over 10 hours on the PS4 and didn't see this once. Now I'm wishing my brother stayed with the PS4 version. I don't see us playing it much if this is a frequent occurrence. I already don't like FPS games much, and he doesn't like multiplayer games much.

EDIT: Been playing Overwatch for hours every day since and never saw the above happen again. Also, I found out later that I happened to start on PC the day after a competitive season ended, when Certain People might think it's fun to pass the time between seasons by making new profiles and using software cheats. Now I'm happy I'm on a PC and I've been having a blast.

Yikes to what happened to you at first! My roommate says it's gets really frusrating when it's off-season because pros are just... their douchebags. At seriously, that is something Blizzard should be investigating given that for new players, it means they aren't getting the chance to learn and develop their skills because of tools like that. On the flipside, new season has started so I am glad to hear that that has stopped occurring.

Out of curiosity, you still playing Zenny? :)
    edited March 2
    In hindsight, aside from that one case where people were obviously cheating, I think starting in the off season helped me learn strategies more quickly. Instead of being with a bunch of Quick Play scrubs, I was playing with people who would usually do competitive matches and got to see how the different classes work at a high level.

I initially placed high bronze in competitive play yesterday (though I had 2 matches where teammates dropped midway through and weren't replaced, and 1 tie where we lost the tiebreaker, so I did better than my 3-6-1 record would indicate). I played a few more hours and ended the evening at the bottom of silver.

I try to use Lucio, Zenyatta, or Mercy. I'm not good enough with Ana to steal her from someone else. If we need a tank I go D. Va, if we need offense I'll take Soldier or Pharah, and if everything else is taken I can be a subpar Junkrat or Mei. Twice I took Bastion because he's necessary now with the patch buffs and no one else wanted to take him.

Pretty much, I don't play classes where aiming is too important. I'm relatively awful at shooters compared to the Overwatch pool of gamers. I've found Mercy to be my best character in a good group. I prefer Zenny in a bad group. Lucio if we're dying a lot and the speed boost will help get us back in.
    With Atelier Shallie Plus out of the way, I've focused my attention to Atelier Firis (PS4), though I admit I've only played about an hour or so of it. Seems like it is off to a good start, but I won't lie: I really dislike Firis' voice and I may have to switch to Japanese audio if it stays as grating as it is.

I am also working on Story of Seasons (3DS) trying to marry Wayne the cowboy.

I need to work harder on video games it seems.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited March 3
    I have been having a blast in Final Fantasy 6(PC). Just so everyone knows, don't let the graphics fool you (as usual with these ports.) I don't mind the sprite changes that much. I'm in the World of Ruin now and prolly going to find a walkthough soon so I can find the rest of the missing party members.

Oh and if you get this version or the mobile version, make sure you check here for Blitz move changes. They changed the inputs somewhat; simplified them for mobile input, and it works fine on my (with a homebrew driver)Dual Shock 3, I just have to use left stick to input them since I am not good at doing diagonals on the crosspad.

Once I get done with this, planning on FFXV(PS4) (got it installed and updated, whewww....decided to get that mess out of the way so I can just enjoy the game), then Lightening Returns(PC) which I also got in the recent FF sale on Steam.
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
    edited March 5
    Forgot to mention, but I'm about 12 hours into Tales of Hearts (DS), with my entire party scattered and lost in the Desert of the Thousand Nights. It's annoying how the Soma upgrades started asking for higher-level items several hours (and dungeons) before I made it this far, and there are still things I can't get because of I've never even seen the required materiel yet.

Update--
    Finally beat that super-sized sandworm on the eighth try. Things just got nasty when it brought its own tail end into play as a second opponent in a pincer move >_<
    edited March 6
    Recently picked up the free card game Shadowverse. I've been in the mood for a card game thats not Hearthstone or Duelyst, and this one looked pretty cool. They're super generous to the free player, giving them 37 packs to start on top of all kinds of missions, achievements, and ranked ladder scores. The legendaries I pulled were for Swordcraft, so thats what I've been playing mainly and I've been having a good time. Ranked has been an interesting experience. From what I remember in Hearthstone and Duelyst, players of the lower ranks absolutely do NOT have super powered perfectly constructed decks, but thats what I run into against the majority of the time. Its alright though because most of those players don't really understand how to play very well and I've been steadily rising up the ladder at a brisk pace. Speaking of which, its nice that there's no monthly reclimb in this either. So far its hitting the right balance of not having much RNG like Hearthstone, but not being as mentally taxing as a high level match of Duelyst can be. Time will tell how long I stick with this one.

Also just started Zelda: Breath of the Wild on the Wii U. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get my hands on a Switch, so thats why I'm playing it on the other system instead. My initial impressions are not as positive as all the 10/10 best game ever reviews, but its still pretty good. I only just exited the starting area and have done a little exploring thus far. My positive take-aways are that I love the visual style of the world, it somehow evokes the Nocturne/Digital Devil Saga feel in a Nintendo sort of way. The world is absolutely massive and there's lots to explore and uncover. Unfortunately there's quite a bit I don't like, either. For starters, its one of the least interesting opening sequences I've played to a game in awhile. You just kind of get up and do things with very little guidance. Its cool and all, but I would have liked the story to have opened up a bit sooner and just feel more involved in the world. I also hate the un-customizable controls. They aren't Star Fox Zero bad, but for me its even more unintuitive a control scheme than Grim Dawn's controller support, which is really saying something. Compare that to Berseria where you can change what pretty much every button does at your leisure and its just a really bad look. I'm also not a fan, at all, of the weapon durability in Breath of the Wild. When I first read about this feature, I thought people were being too quick to be negative. Unfortunately, with how awkward it is to switch weapons, which happens A LOT, and the lack of inventory space that the player has to be mindful about organization from like 30 minutes in, it becomes very cumbersome and annoying. Not sure what else to say about it since I'm still not too far in, but man, I'm really not digging it anywhere near as much as I expected to going in.
  • hoktomasterhoktomaster Member Full Members
    I was gonna get zelda last week also but finding out its £60 for both the wiiu version and switch version I was like hell no nintendo, why is the game the same price on an inferior console compared to the switch, I dont think that games on the ps3 and ps4 were the same price, but anyway instead I decided to go back to nights of azure, which I think im on the last chapter so should finish it tomorrow
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster