If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

What are you playing today?

Comments

• Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Regarding Matthew`s GS in Xenosaga 2

for doing it you get:

20 Skill E upgrades
    Jin`s Swimsuit
    and a double tech

You need to raise 1,000,000,000 and there are 2 ways to do it.

Method 1 - "<span class="spoiler">You can beat the final boss 20 times and each time you can steal one Awakening. Each one is worth $500,000. You do have to sit through the credits each time though, so it takes quite a while </span>"

Method 2 - "<span class="spoiler">Orgulla - when you fight Orgulla in the Ormus Stronghold, she changes form from normal to "Manes". Whenever she reverts to Normal, you can steal an Awakening from her. You can also steal an Skill Upgrade E each form shift too. I did it this way. It look about 2 hours for her to shift form 21 times (enough Awakenings to pay off the debt, plus one for me), but at the end, I paid off the debt AND had 42 Skill Upgrade Es too! biggrin.gif</span>"
  • SupraDarkySupraDarky Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Doesn't it also give you Ether Burst? Because that's basically what I want.
  • porterlangleyporterlangley New Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    I'm getting close to finishing Baten Kaitos.
  • GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    Haven't played anything since I beat SHII...and I don't think I'm going to anytime soon. I guess I'll just save for the PSP.
  • MadroxMadrox Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    Well... I beat Xenosaga II last night. I'm now playing Kingdom Hearts again to just relax and have a little bit of fun. Once I'm through that, I think I will be playing Ys6, considering the positive things I heard about it.
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Growlanser @ Mar. 31 2005,22:34)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Haven't played anything since I beat SHII...and I don't think I'm going to anytime soon. I guess I'll just save for the PSP.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    That quote is from Shigeru, Growlanser. Which makes it particularly ironic to make while contemplating buying hardware from his competitor =P

Dracos
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    While not practicing for the upcoming cup games, I'm playing through Dragon Warrior III.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    Sorry, not sure which GS is Ether Burst.... There's too many! :O
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SupraDarky @ Mar. 30 2005,17:45)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Doesn't it also give you Ether Burst? Because that's basically what I want.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Yeah, it gives you Secret Key 19, which unlocks Ether Burst.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • bebop007bebop007 Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    I rented The Bard's Tale yesterday, but I haven't gotten to play it very much.

Probably gonna play some more Throne of Bhaal. I swear, one day, I will be Draconis.(Stupid Dragon Breath *stamps foot*)
    \"We're about to stage an attack on technology worthy of being chronicled in an anthem by Rush!\"
  • Options
    edited April 2005
    im playing tales of destiny 2 (ps2). its the chinese version. Does any website has a faq for this game ?
    edited April 2005
    edited April 2005
    Be careful whether you're dealing with Tales of Eternia (the us tales of destiny 2) or Tales of destiny 2. Check the character names to make sure you're reading a faq for the right game =)

Dracos
  • xenogears77xenogears77 Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    I am playing though Dragon Warrior VII and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance right now. After that, I will pick a shorter game to play through. biggrin.gif
    edited April 2005
    Three months later...

Maybe tetris.

=P

Dracos
  • AmanoAmano Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    Shining Tears, Suikoden 2 (again), Gran Turismo 4, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and Guilty Gear X2.... I work in a game store... so technically it's everything I've played today so far. Heh..
    edited April 2005
    Parasite Eve.
    edited April 2005
    Picked up on my second run of SH: Covenant today.
    edited April 2005
    GGX2, Ys VI, and Shining Tears.
    edited April 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Slayer of God @ April 03 2005,17:20)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Parasite Eve.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    New game plus?

Dracos
    edited April 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dracos @ April 03 2005,18:22)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Slayer of God @ April 03 2005,17:20)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Parasite Eve.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    New game plus?

Dracos[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I deleted my old save a long time ago, so no.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited April 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Amano @ April 03 2005,18:02)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"GGX2[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Query: Heaven or Hell?

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • JackalJackal Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    Phantasy Star II, Inindo, Dark Wizard, Final Fantasy:Endless Nova (an RPG Maker 2K fan game), and Final Fantasy XI.
    I've recently started playing multiple games at once so I can actually have enough time review them all. biggrin.gif

edited April 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Davis @ April 03 2005,23:37)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Amano @ April 03 2005,18:02)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"GGX2[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Query: Heaven or Hell?

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    A mix of both against Cliff in Maniac mode. confused.gif

Today: Shining Tears, GGX2, Pokemon Fire Red, and Robotrek.
  • KalvKalv Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    Working on Skies of Arcadia Legends for Gc. After that going to play through arc the lad twilight of spirits.

Then thinking gonna get either jade empire or digital devil saga.

While i'm not really a fan of nocturne ( rented it, didnt like the puzzles/ occurence rate of random battles.) Devil sage leans more toward typical rpgs correct? Any recommendations for rpgs would certainly be appreciated.
    Own ps2/x-box/gc/ Pc.
    For the most part dont exactly enjoy old school. i.e. i have a difficult time sitting down and playing through something like final fantasty 6/chrono trigger again.
    edited April 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kalv @ April 04 2005,23:41)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Devil sage leans more toward typical rpgs correct?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Uhm, no, not really.
  • Max_DeltreeMax_Deltree Is trying to get back in these forums Full Members
    edited April 2005
    Playing Breath of Fire 5. At the moment, against the boss with the total defense thing.

It seems I haven't really understood combos, or I am too much under leveled, as I can't do a single bit of damage to him without the dragon. sad.gif
    PSN ID: MaxDeltree
    edited April 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Max_Deltree @ April 05 2005,00:09)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Playing Breath of Fire 5. At the moment, against the boss with the total defense thing.

It seems I haven't really understood combos, or I am too much under leveled, as I can't do a single bit of damage to him without the dragon. sad.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Charge up your AP until you can't do it anymore, after that just let loose with the type of attack he's weak against (can't remember which one, and there are several bosses that has total defense). Don't attack with Nina though, instead you transfer her AP to Ryu, since he hopefully does more damage.

That's how I did it the first time anyway.
  • Max_DeltreeMax_Deltree Is trying to get back in these forums Full Members
    edited April 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Solon @ April 04 2005,19:22)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Charge up your AP until you can't do it anymore, after that just let loose with the type of attack he's weak against (can't remember which one, and there are several bosses that has total defense). Don't attack with Nina though, instead you transfer her AP to Ryu, since he hopefully does more damage.

That's how I did it the first time anyway.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Thanks, man. I'll try this as soon as I can. smile.gif
    PSN ID: MaxDeltree
  • KeeperXKeeperX Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    Just finished up Digital Devil Saga (excellent game), and will be starting up Atelier Iris ~Eternal Mana~ here after writing up a review for Untold Legends.

Edit: I don't quite understand your "um, no" in regards to Digital Devil Saga being a classical-styled JRPG, Solon. The game is a mesh of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne's turn based battle system with the story-drive of the classic console-RPG. The game doesn't feature the demon chatting from the main SMT games and can really only fall under the umbrella of "classic console-RPG". Certainly the story and character designs are different than what we see in an everyday RPG, but the basic grounds of story presentation and pacing are standard.