If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Sports

SorenSoren ..not a pony..Full Members
edited April 2012 in Entertainment
Kay. Cause I'm playing peacemaker. Whee. Sports stuffs can go here. As can all the crickets kay? Cause I'm just sort of over that.
Driving FB bonkers for years. Paw's Wife.

Comments

• DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited October 2007
    2004 to 20XX is the new 1912 to 1918.

I look forward to spending the majority of my adult life laughing at a Red Sox nation that is as much a nation as Andorra is.
  • AdremmelechAdremmelech The Original Playa... Full Members
    edited October 2007
    Alright, folks. Place your bets. Pats or Colts. This is the match to end all matches. Well, its susposed to be, anyway. Im going for the Pats.
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited October 2007
    I'm calling Patriots too. Maybe the Colts if it was last year, but New England's offense is just steamrolling everyone they come across. Indy may be building up their defense, but I can't imagine them being able to stop Brady for long. That guy's a beast, plain and simple. Wouldn't be surprised to see a firefight though, since Manning isn't exactly a pushover.

Also, I'm getting tired of all these crappy x-0 starts for the Colts.
  • Vampire Hunter VVampire Hunter V Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    <div>
    (Davis @ Oct. 28 2007,22:59)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">2004 to 20XX is the new 1912 to 1918.

I look forward to spending the majority of my adult life laughing at a Red Sox nation that is as much a nation as Andorra is.</div>
    Yeah the Red Sox should take their team, stadium, fans and their ESPN network and move to another country. Hopefully I don't offend any Red Sox fans on the forum but I've had a growing hatred of them since 2003. I will say that the way baseball has been over the last 6 years, don't expect them to repeat.

As for football, the Bear's season is done. They've been done after that Sunday night game against the Cowboys. It was amazing after Griese's 4th quarter comeback, all the Bear's fans in Chicago were praising Griese. Now they're chanting Kyle Orton's name.

So since the Bulls will be the Bulls unless we swindle a deal for Kobe, go Blackhawks!
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    <div>
    (Vampire Hunter V @ Oct. 29 2007,10:09)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">It was amazing after Griese's 4th quarter comeback, all the Bear's fans in Chicago were praising Griese. ?Now they're chanting Kyle Orton's name.</div>
    Of course. The grass is always greener blah blah blah. My team's fans were all chanting for David Carr to replace Delhomme throughout the preseason; now that we've got him, they're all chanting for Delhomme and Testaverde.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
    edited October 2007
    <div>
    (Vampire Hunter V @ Oct. 29 2007,02:09)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">It was amazing after Griese's 4th quarter comeback, all the Bear's fans in Chicago were praising Griese. Now they're chanting Kyle Orton's name.</div>
    You think that's bad? As a Raider fan first I was screaming for LOLpepper to replace McClown. Now I'm screaming for A-Walt Future until J-Russ Real True Future can play. wow.gif

Colts will win Super Bowl XLI.5. I BELIEVE.
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    AND THE RED SOX WIN THE WORLD SERIES!!!

Seriously, check my profile. I live in Boston, MA. Also, how do you check someone's profile? Is it even possible?

Obviously my money is on the Pats this weekend but they have their work cut out for them. They have the best offense in the NFL in terms of pts per game (>40 PPG?) but they have had an easy schedule so far.
    edited October 2007
    A good friend of mine is a Panthers fan too, Slayer. I got a good laugh at his expense this year. Three quarterbacks injured so far? Too bad they let go Chris Weinke. biggrin.gif

I'm happy the Rockies got completely thrashed (Phillies fan), but they could have at least put up a fight, since I don't exactly have love for the Red Sox. I only cheer for them to humiliate the Yankees, which shouldn't even be a problem next season.

• MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited October 2007
    I really hope Girardi doesn't take the Yankees job. He did good by us down here in Florida, and I really don't wanna see the guy get savaged by those fair-weather New Yorkers. The man doesn't deserve to be run through the mud by Stienbrener and Friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited October 2007
    So how is Ben Graham going for I think its the New York Jets? Is his almighty kicking foot doing wonders. He'd be kicking himself at seeing Geelong win a grand finale.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
    edited October 2007
    I don't about him, but Saverio Rocca is making some awesome kicks for the Eagles. I think it was a 61 yard punt he had against the Vikings, right to the 1 yard line. Did a good job keeping the ball away from Hester last week too, but a lot of good that did us. sad.gif
    edited October 2007
    Only 61 yards? He's known to kick the ball quite accurately over 50 meters, though so is Ben Graham.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    edited October 2007
    Girardi is going to go Dusty Baker on the Yank's young pitching. B'lee dat!
    edited October 2007
    61 yards = 55 meters
    edited October 2007
    And that's what you get for trying to be different and not use the METRIC system.
    edited October 2007
    We're crazy like that. biggrin.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2007
    You're just envious that you quit a system that let's you say you weigh fourteen stones.
    edited November 2007
    0-9

The Dolphins are 0-9.

Life is over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited November 2007
    <div>
    (flamethrower @ Oct. 30 2007,10:22)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">AND THE RED SOX WIN THE WORLD SERIES!!!

Seriously, check my profile. I live in Boston, MA. Also, how do you check someone's profile? Is it even possible?

Obviously my money is on the Pats this weekend but they have their work cut out for them. They have the best offense in the NFL in terms of pts per game (>40 PPG?) but they have had an easy schedule so far.</div>
    The New England Patriots (9-0) are doing well. They are the only undefeated team left. They were off this week. We'll see what they can do vs. the Buffalo Bills (4-4) next weekend.
    edited November 2007
    Holy fecal matter, the Eagles are actually going to pull into .500 territory next week if they don't die and fall apart against Miami! I mean, sure, they play New England after that, but we can all hope that someone goes crazy and tears Brady to shreds and gravely injures him, right? I can't be the only one hoping that happens. A win there would put us on stride to grab a wild card slot too. All we need for safety is the Giants and Redskins to lose most of their remaining games, the Lions to go back on Kitna's 10 win promise, and the Bucs to not pull anything with fancy Jeff Garcia. That's not too unlikely, is it? *cries*
    edited November 2007
    I hate the damn Giants.

So damn much.

I live in freaking LOS ANGELES and I'm like ninety-nine percent certain that every single one of their damn games has been on television here.

Newsflash, we hate New York in L.A. Show the damn Niners or something instead. Hell, even the Cowboys at least come here for spring training.
    edited November 2007
    Whats all this throwball/hit ball talk I hear???

Anywho Australia easily beat Sri Lanka. We are the number 1 team after all!
    edited November 2007
    Davis - Happens when you don't have your own team. Still, at least they're not showing all Dolphins, all the time.

bain - Football. smile.gif It's called football. smile.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    Well, the 49ers are playing the Seahawks tonight, which I stand by as being one of the worst scheduling decisions of the year. I'll delightfully pass on trying to watch it and hope the 49ers pull out a win to keep Seattle below .500.

MasterChief @ Nov. 12 2007,10:02
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">bain - Football. smile.gif It's called football. smile.gif </div>
    No, that's just what he wanted! Now he'll go on a rant about how football isn't really football!

edited November 2007
    Well my fantasy football season is over. I first drafted Ronnie Brown, and after the Pats game he's out for the year. I traded for Peterson 2 weeks ago, enjoyed his 46 pt week game last week, and now he's out indefinitely after tearing one of his ligaments. After seeing the hit yesterday I already knew I was doomed.

Now I gotta ride out the season with Jamal Lewis and Foster as my RB's which is not good.

Btw Zelgodes, that avatar is awesome. biggrin.gif
    edited November 2007
    <div>
    (MasterChief @ Nov. 12 2007,00:02)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Davis - Happens when you don't have your own team. Still, at least they're not showing all Dolphins, all the time.</div>
    Well technically it's contested territory. The Raiders still claim the media market and the Dolts are the "local" team. That said if it's neutral territory I'm supposed to see a variety of teams, not a perpetually overrated NFC East team.

Vamp: I have Cincinnattica's kicker on my FF team. He netted me like twenty-one points yesterday. epic lulz
    edited November 2007
    That's clutch Davis. The way RB's have been this year with injuries and sharing carries with backups, I hate to say it but drafting a kicker around the 6th round might not be a bad idea.
    edited November 2007
    The best part is I saw the score last night (21-7) and didn't even bother to look at the box score. Then when I fired up my FF account this morning I was all, "WTF, why am I at 130 points?" Then I clicked the match up link and had to stop myself from laughing that my kicker got running back / upper echelon quarterback fantasy points.
    edited November 2007
    You can not call Throwball football. It does not deserve to be called football. It onsists of 90% throwing.

Oh and we beat the top side in Cricket, on the last ball of the day.

It was freaken the greatest game i've played in a LONG time.

9/164 to 8/165

Twas a 40 over game too!