If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Sports

Comments

• generatorgenerator Member Full Members
    edited March 2009
    I'm def getting a T.O. Bills jersey...even if it's only a one-year ride.
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited March 2009
    Enjoy the good times, right? Keep an eye on how well he blocks for you. I don't see it mentioned often but I think he's one of the best blocking reciever's in the league. Totally unselfish on the field, now off the field ...
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited March 2009
    Australia force the Mercy rule on Mexico in Baseball, winning 17-7. A nice win considering the named talent of both teams.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited April 2009
    War of Pennsylvania 09 started the same way it did last year: A total Derri
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • The DoomhammerThe Doomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited April 2009
    Man, I almost forgot about the sport thread. Probably because Villa have forgotten how to win lately.
    edited April 2009
    I wish all of the top 4 Premier league teams forgot to win, or at least if the league became more even. Come on Hull, I still love ya!
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
  • - Locke -- Locke - Member Full Members
    edited April 2009
    Man U for the quintuple!
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited April 2009
    rofl arsenal
    rofl yankees
  • DefChaosDefChaos Member Full Members
    edited April 2009
    I travelled down and went to Opening Day in Oakland. Starting to think I'm the "Bad Luck Guy", not only have they lost every game that I've attended since 2005, they're usually down by 5+ runs 45 minutes into the game. Seats weren't the greatest, as I couldn't see most of the outfield nor the big screens where I was, and the smaller TVs in the section weren't on, so I pretty much had to guess on anything hit to the outfield based on player responses/fan reaction.

Ah well, can only get better, right? All the more reason to go down and see another game...that's what I'm telling myself anyways. lol
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited April 2009
    I still say Barcelona but what the eff do I know?
    edited April 2009
    Go Melbourne Victory (Central Coast and Newcastle Jets are sucking in the Asian League at the moment)
    edited April 2009
    The second War of Pennsylvania ends with another Penguins victory. What a game that was.
    edited May 2009
    Man Ram's out for 50 games? Time out for gloating like I was Master P.

Uuuhhhhhh. Nah nah nah nah. My Giant's are gonna take the West. Uuuhhhhhh.
    edited May 2009
    Canseco called it like a month ago too. The man just keeps getting more and more awesome.
    edited May 2009
    Except he's a rat, give me Greg Anderson any day as far as awesome goes. I could care less about steroid use in sports (huge Bonds supporter here), but I do possess a burning hatred for the Dodgers.

That said, at this point it is sorta hard to question anything Conseco say's regarding steroids. Hell he could say Selig was injecting players with dope and I'd have to consider it a possibility with the track record he's got.
    edited May 2009
    Well I've ratted colleagues out before so I really have no grounds to fault someone for doing the same. Besides, there's no honor among thieves.

But his awesomeness primarily derives from being right so often, as you noted.
    edited May 2009
    I care, mainly because of the unfair advantage it gives to people.
    I'm sure i would be peeved if I lost to someone who had bulked up on steroids.
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited May 2009
    A lot of people won't vote for hall of fame candidates if there is drug use. It has something to do with "integrity and sportsmanship," which is one of the criteria for induction.
    edited May 2009
    I'd say there's as much honor among thieves as there is in the general populace, as far as the percentages of each group who will break their own professed moral code when the chips are down. There's plenty of Sammy the Bull's, but there are Greg Anderson's and Mac Dre's as well. But that's off topic.

Bain, I can understand your frustration as a competitor (it's cricket yeah?) I just see the concept of a level playing field as being purely philosophical, like a perfect circle it doesn't exist in real life. To steal a simplistic gun rights argument, if you ban steroids in sports only the cheats will get to use them. Athletes make tough decisions that can affect their future health constantly. Play through the injury, or play with your kids later in life? I see the decision to use steroids in a similar vein.

As far as the hall of fame and "integrity and sportsmanship", I think there's plenty of greeny-poppin', spitball-pitching, sign-stealing, corked-bat users in the hall, and picking on the steroid era (especially when at one point it wasn't even against the rules of the game, unlike most of those other things) reeks of hypocrisy. The one thing that sickened me about this whole steroid thing was all the old-timers whining about "they're breaking our records, it's not fair" when they know damn well there were plenty of cheats in their era as well. Let me call the wahmbulance for ya, you old bastards.

Hope this doesn't double post, it froze up on me (twice now) and this is long enough y'all shouldn't be made to read it twice.
    edited May 2009
    I'm beginning to think the real player rivalry between the Pens and Caps should be Rob Scuderi and Alexander Ovechkin.

Series tied at 2, baby!
  • Psycho PenguinPsycho Penguin Member Full Members
    edited May 2009
    Penguins win easily (FINALS, BABY!) and Lebrons lose in a thriller. Great sports night.
    edited June 2009
    Penguins win the Stanley Cup!

Woohoohoohoo~
    edited June 2009
    Chris Kunitz > Marian Hossa
    edited June 2009
    And the Kings just passed on Rubio. I like Petrie in general, but what's with his weird shooting guard fetish? We need a point, dummy.
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited June 2009
    Heh Knicks lose their chance for Curry. I thought the Warriors fans were booing him at first.
    edited June 2009
    Such a crazy twenty-four hours in the Association...
    edited June 2009
    I can't believe Psycho T got taken before Lawson, that broke my record streak of 3 wins on ESPN.
    edited June 2009
    Haha K-Rod walked Mariano Rivera with the bases loaded and it was his first RBI ever. Good times.
    edited June 2009
    Pens re-signed Billy Guerin on the cheap late last night. I <3 Ray Shero.
    edited July 2009
    Haha K-Rod walked Mariano Rivera with the bases loaded and it was his first RBI ever. Good times.
    But did he point to heaven afterwards.