If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Sports

Comments

• HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited July 2009
    So let me get this straight. Little Timmy Lincecum is pitching in Americas National Pastime on the Fourth of July and it's not televised in the home market? But the Dodgers are on? WTF?

Edit : RIP Air McNair

Edit 2 : Uuuhhh! Sanchez with the no-no.

Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
  • The DoomhammerThe Doomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited July 2009
    The Ashes: England are hilarious.

edit: it's cancelled out by these annoying VB ads though.

edit2: Ricky Ponting is even more hilarious.

edit3: Wait I didn't realise today was the last day of the first test ahahahaha ponting you complete twat.

105889.jpg

• ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited July 2009
    Hahaha Graham Harrell is going to Canada.
    edited July 2009
    The Ashes, second test: Ponting still hilarious.

106103.jpg
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited July 2009
    It'll probably be another draw.

I knowthere are some new people in the test team, but I still think that Australia tends to hold onto some people longer then needed.

In Aussy Rules news, 2 good things have happened thus far.

My Team won comfortably, and Collingwood were smashed. Good Times, good times.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
    edited July 2009
    You know, it will be very difficult, but i think that if they apply themselves and play with insane discipline, with a little luck, England may just continue their glorious tradition of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited July 2009
    Wooooooooo Jayson Werth walk-off homer. Eat that Chicago! 10 wins in a row, I'm not used to this kind of winning streak from my teams.

Oh yeah we have a winning record at home now. That's nice, considering we have one of the best overall records. It was pretty pitiful when had about twice as many losses as wins.

Heh Manny Ramirez left the game after getting hit by a pitch what a wuss. Totally deserves that one. I wish he'd get hit once every game for the rest of the season, if he's not injured.

edited July 2009
    Glad lil brah called to remind me that X-Games start tonight. Nice that Jake Brown finally got that medal, but it would have been way sweeter if he'd landed the 900.

Edit : X-Games Day 2. Watts is a coward. Eat dirt like a man in the attempt at least.

edited August 2009
    Hurrah, the soccer's starting up again so I can soon stop pretending to be interested in AFL.

MIGHTY A-LEAGUE ROUND 1 RESULTS

Central Coast Mariners 2 - 0 Melbourne Victory: Central Coast do everyone a favour and injure Muscat in the first game. Also they won, but more importantly, Melbourne lost. Hurray!

Adelaide United cool.gif cool.gif 1 - 0 Perth Glory: Pre game talk, Perth "Adelaide play like some kind of [disgust]English Team." Adelaide response "yeah, we play like Wimbledon. On purpose." Oh whatever. The first of many glorious 1-0 victories to come. ( cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif)

Sydney FC 3-2 North Queensland Fury: John Aloisi scores as many goals in one game as he did all last season. Sydney win despite innovative N.Queensland tactic of having Robbie Fowler eat the ball.

Brisbane Roar 1-3 Gold Coast United: Classic roar performance, in that they dominated the match and still lost comnfortably. Gold Coast coach Miron Bleiberg is still insane and we still should have never sold Shane Smeltz all those years ago.

Newcastle Jets 3-2 Wellington Phoenix: Newcastle and Wellington play a rousing game of 'who has the worst defence?' After a good start wellington almost throw it away just before the half, only to redeem themselves in the closing stages of the game. Congrats Wellington, you have the worst defence. (Nobody cares.)

END OF GLORIOUS A-LEAGUE RESULTS

To think, we're less than a week from the EPL. Less than a week from Man City Moment of Failure!
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited August 2009
    To think, we're less than a week from the EPL. Less than a week from Man City Moment of Failure!
    hatersgonnahate.gif
    edited August 2009
    I'm just bitter about Barry.
  • ScarScar Member Full Members
    edited April 2010
    Wooooo Glad baseball is back! It just means that football is almost right around the corner!
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Resurrection time!

In the news now:
    The New England Patriots have won their division in advance of the last game of the season, and, having two more wins than every other team in the AFC, they have nothing to gain or lose in terms of playoff standing in Sunday's game. What a quandary! They will probably play the starters one or two quarters and play the bench for the remainder (thus losing the game on purpose). This is what I predict will happen.
  • JormungandJormungand Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
  • ChillmarshChillmarsh Mid20s Mutant Ninjaturtle Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Very confident in my Eagles' chances of winning on Sunday. The crucial starters will have had 2 weeks rest, and I could think of 10 or 15 other reasons why this game should be in our favor. Hurrah!
    edited January 2011
    I feel so dirty.

England have regained the Ashes...

England winning anything against us makes me feel wrong.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Watched Icehockey World Cup(20 years and younger). Sweden vs Russia in the semi finals. Penalty shootout didn't go very well, missed all three.
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    bain_nick wrote: »
    England have regained the Ashes...

Was gonna say those older photos of Ponting are still pretty accurate for now :p
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
    edited January 2011
    Except that he'll be lucky if he wears the baggy green again.
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Very displeased with the Big Ten's showing in bowl games this season.

At least Stanford took it to Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl, though. That was a pretty fun game to watch.
  • ChillmarshChillmarsh Mid20s Mutant Ninjaturtle Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Ah, what I get for never going to a college with a football program of solid reputation...
    edited January 2011
    Was gonna say those older photos of Ponting are still pretty accurate for now

I have a new one. A better one.

2wrm68j.jpg

Australiancricket.jpg
  • JormungandJormungand Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    I'm happy to report that the right team won the Superbowl.

However, it's unfortunate Driver didn't get to contribute more; he was clearly quite excited about the game, and who knows how many more opportunities he will get.

Though I'm pleased about the outcome, there's a lot to be learned by the Pack. Too many drops. Not enough solid running, though Starks made an admirable effort. Not enough pressure on the quarterback (Roethlisberger was playing like crap and should have been sacked at least four times). And to be perfectly honest, Pittsburgh shouldn't have gotten as many points as they did (i.e., we had many missed blocks). Anyway, time to celebrate. :)
  • BobAMacleodBobAMacleod Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    The Super Bowl made me cry. Not really. I was just slightly disappointed with the result of the game, as I am somewhat of a Vikings fan. Therefore, I don't like to pull for their arch rival.

Anyway, is anyone else on these boards a fan of the University of Alabama Crimson Tide? My mom and her family are Alabama fans, while my Dad is an alumnus of Auburn University. The rest of my Dad's family are diehard Bama fans, though. I was closer to my Mom and her family growing up, so my football allegience went to UA rather than AU.

It was a rough season for the Tide, and it was obviously made more bitter by Auburn's success. However, I am happy for the money and publicity Auburn's success will bring the state. I am also happy for my Dad and a few other close friends who are diehard Tiger fans. You can probably tell from the diplomatic nature of my sports fandom that I'm not a diehard.

Anyway,...roll Tide!
    edited April 2011
    So unless someone can explain to me the logic of Barry's not being found guilty of lying but still managing to somehow obstruct justice I'm just gonna go ahead and declare shenanigans.
  • AndrewHallAndrewHall New Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    So any sports stuff can go here...
    Can I ask you people what is your favorite sport?
    Why do you like this Sport?
    My favorite sports are Cricket,hockey,football and badminton.
  • wadermaxxwadermaxx New Member Full Members
    edited October 2011
    It is good to play sports as sports the part of entertainment and fun also. Sports lead to refresh you mind and body also. Various sports are there and different people love to play different sports. I love to play sports some of my favorite sports are Cricket, Football, Golf, Tennis and Baseball.
  • smithsleonardosmithsleonardo New Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    My favourite sports are:
    1. Baseball.
    2. Hockey.
    3. Football.
    4. Tennis.
    5. Billiards.
  • nikonmalenikonmale New Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Sports should be given equally importance in life. They are very important for the mental and the physical health. The body gets extremely fit and strong if any take regular part in sports.
  • RazaRaza Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    So NHL playoffs...

It's too bad that Penguins have completely embaressed themselves so far in the first round. They have such a good team, I don't know why they feel like they need to stoop as low as they have against the Flyers. As a longtime Penguins fan, it's hard for me to watch these games, especially the one tonight (Game 3) by not only neglecting their defensive assignments, but also by acting little spoiled children. It's really depressing trying to defend them in the wake of their bad behavior (Asham's hit on, uh Schenn I think...for example). There was an interview pretty recently with Crosby more or less saying that he admits he was kind of a whiner early in his career but has left it behind. Well, yeah...maybe he's still got some major growing up to do.

Mostly, I'm disapointed in how terrible Fleury has been and how instead of trying to overcome their bad luck and bad play, they stoop so low to try and get momentum back on their side. Entitled, spoiled kids...and they think this type of action will help remedy how other teams and people around the league think of them? It's beyond frustrating at this point.

Talent only takes you so far. Their mental preparedness for this series was non-existent.

Well, at this point I'm rooting for a Panthers/Predators Finals. That oughta make Bettman cringe, at least.
    A critic is someone who stands on the mountaintop high above to watch a battle, and then comes down to shoot the survivors.
    -Hemingway