If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Sports

Comments

• DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited November 2007
    Can you please knock it off with the Sports Nomenclature Police Department schtick? It was old thirty years ago and guess what, it's still old now.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited November 2007
    Pats lead 56-10 now against the Bills. What the hell is this, college?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
    edited November 2007
    They enjoy giving Sean Salisbury new things to think about when he's alone at night and feeling lonely.
  • Vampire Hunter VVampire Hunter V Member Full Members
    edited November 2007
    NBC is kicking themselves for moving this to a night game, the original slated game was supposed to be the Bears at Seahawks which turned out to be a closer game.
    edited November 2007
    Holy smokes, TO got me forty fantasy points!
  • Vampire Hunter VVampire Hunter V Member Full Members
    edited November 2007
    I had my first football trade vetoed in fantasy: trading Hines Ward for Bulger. The funny thing is I found out there were teams in the league that vetoed the trade because of where I was in the standings. Didn't matter, I still won with the help of the Buc's D.

And some good news on the Adrian Peterson front, he's on the treadmill now!
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited November 2007
    But still a long shot for their next game. upside.gif
    edited November 2007
    Wow, Seattle's the master of winning games because of mishandled snaps.
  • VigivalgusVigivalgus Member Full Members
    edited November 2007
    Im on ur feeld

gainer.jpg

Winnin ur grey cupz

This is madness! THIS. IS. SASKATCHEWAN!

edited November 2007
    edited November 2007
    You know, it really pisses me off that we completely outplayed the Patriots last night, but Feeley had to tard it up right at the end with that long pass. You don't do that on second down when all you want to do is run the clock and make your way down the field for an easy score. At least we didn't get mauled, but a win would have done us a world of good. Now we'll end up tied on the bubble for the wild card with like, 4 other teams now.

Alright, make that 6 other teams. At least we have the best chance out of the rest of the teams save for maybe Washington or the Vikings. I'm pretty confident that we can hold up over the Saints too if we actually manage to play this good in the rest of our games.

edited November 2007
    That game demonstrated Andy Reid's idiocy as a coach more than anything. Just think how much of D-Mac's career was wasted under that guy. TO might even still be there...
    edited November 2007
    And he still is planning to stick with McNabb when he gets healthy.

0-11. ? The phins are 0-11. down.gif down.gif down.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    Phins? More like Lphins. (No D, no O but plenty of losses.)

(Sorry. I really shouldn't antagonize you seeing as how I go through the same crap with the Raiders but I've always identified with the abuser not the abused.)
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited November 2007
    Hmm, will that movie ever die?

Anywho my body seems to be recovering from the brutality I put it through via Cricket. I am enjoying it so much more this season then previouse ones (maybe because we're actually winning games tounge2.gif)
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
    edited November 2007
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    That's too bad. I heard some guy walked into his home, shot him, and then robbed him. What a jerk. Also, I thought football superstars lived in mansions. Not usually the type of place you find thugs.

They had a moment of silence for Sean Taylor right before tonight's game.

The Patriots win again!!! Tom Brady played the worst game of the season so far. If the Patriots continue to play at this level, they will surely lose vs the Steelers, and I'm not too excited about that. Buy hey, you can't win 'em all. The Pats got veeery lucky. First the missed timeout (The Ravens took their 2nd timeout at EXACTLY the wrong time). Then in a 4th down situation, Brady throws an incompletion. Of course defensive holding gets called (1st down). On the next set of downs, Brady throws a touchdown on 4th down. Talk about by the skin of their teeth!

I think I'll have to become a Celtics fan as well, because with the acquisition of Garnett, they are finally a winning team. I guess you really can buy your way to a good team in the NBA.
    edited December 2007
    0-13 are the Lphins. 3 more games until we have the perfect season. sarcasm.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2007
    The wilderness of defeat is over, MC!
    edited December 2007
    It's almost an empty defeat, considering it was the Ravens, but hey, the Eagles haven't gone 0-13 before so I don't know how it feels. Speaking of, HOLY BEJEESUS WE BEAT THE COWBOYS?!? Greatest way to end the season ever, by holding them to NO touchdowns. Now we can actually go for .500, what with the Bills not being consistent with the points they put up, and with the Saints being the Saints. I swear if we lose to them again I'll be pissed.

Also just noticed, lol at the Lions for losing to the Chargers by 37. So much for a 10 win season after dropping six, they won't even go .500, again, since they play the Packers in their last game.

• generatorgenerator Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    I'm currently sitting in the Fort Lauderdale airport, about to hop over to Buffalo to catch Sabres/Flyers and Bills/Giants this weekend..... and that whole Christmas thing too. In some irony, I'll be in the Philly airport next weekend on a layover while the Bills are playing the Eagles. No chance I'll be wearing my Marshawn Lynch jersey in Philly. But I might consider a Thomas Vanek. Go Sabres and Bills.
    edited December 2007
    I WILL DESTROY YOU!

Also, WOAH, where did you come from? Random people from the old days popping back in for a visit. Freakin me out.
    edited December 2007
    <div>
    (Zelgodes @ Dec. 20 2007,07:05)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Also, WOAH, where did you come from? Random people from the old days popping back in for a visit. Freakin me out.</div>
    It's like the end of the Shadow arc in Babylon 5!

P.S. me = neeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd
  • The DoomhammerThe Doomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited December 2007
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">It's like the end of the Shadow arc in Babylon 5!</div>

Heh.

Hmmm? Oh, right sport. I know of sport.
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    My father says that any NFL team on a good day can beat any other team. With all the upsets lately (Phins>Ravens, Eagles>Cowboys) I'm beginning to think he's right.

So the NE Patriots (14-0) are playing the Dolphins (1-13) this weekend. The forecast calls for rain. That might make things more interesting but in all likelihood the game will be over around the end of the 1st half.
  • generatorgenerator Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    <div>
    (Zelgodes @ Dec. 20 2007,18:05)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I WILL DESTROY YOU!

Also, WOAH, where did you come from? Random people from the old days popping back in for a visit. Freakin me out.</div>
    I pop back in every 6-8 months or so in futile attempts to become a regular poster again. Sadly, I don't play RPGs like I used to anymore, and my gaming in general has seriously decreased (besides Guitar Hero 3). I definitely miss playing good RPGs....but none have caught my attention in a long time. I'm stuck in SNES-era SquareSoft fanboyism.

Sidenote: my avatar link still works...solid!!
    edited December 2007
    <div>
    (flamethrower @ Dec. 20 2007,10:11)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">My father says that any NFL team on a good day can beat any other team. With all the upsets lately (Phins>Ravens, Eagles>Cowboys) I'm beginning to think he's right.</div>
    As a sports gambler for two odd years or so I can in fact confirm this. Betting on the NFL is the quickest way to lose money (save buying a diamond engagement ring) for a man... stuff is way too unpredictable.

That said there isn't any real reason to expect the lphins (no d or o, get it?) to upset the Cheatriots. Maybe if they were still winless you could justify betting against the outrageous spread because of some belief in football deities but not now. New England should cover and run them off the field.

P.S. Be sure to quote this for when the lphins upset the Patriots on Sunday.
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited December 2007
    Just bet on Tiger Woods instead. tounge2.gif

Not that I bet, I detest gambling, except friendly Texas holdem comp's.

And yay Rain before Christmas, meaning rain before Boxing Day Test Match.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
    edited December 2007
    Detest? Odd choice of words...
    edited December 2007
    <div>
    (Davis @ Dec. 17 2007,12:31)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">The wilderness of defeat is over, MC!</div>
    Indeed. And now we have Bill Percels as VP of football operations, and thus return to the whole "get a big name" crap that got us where we are in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]