If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The Happy Sig Shop v.2.0

Aquila HawkAquila Hawk O_oFull Members
edited September 2013 in Miscellaneous
This is something that we used to do here years ago and when we still had an art thread. down.gif Anyway, it used to be a registry of signature picture artists and those looking for someone to make a sig for them. Everyone is encouraged to post here, especially if you have services you wish to share.

As for me? Here's where I stand. I just recently found my muse again, scolded it, and made a kick arse sig for Noodle with it. For a while, I've been having trouble getting inspired, but I always missed doing it. Now, I'm back at it.

As someone making sigs primarily for this site, I follow the rules for the forum's sig limits. This means that I use these rules for other sites as well.

The current dimmension limits for the sig as a whole is 500x150 pixels. That means 5 lines of text maximum without a sig pic or a sig pic that is 150 pixels in height with a maximum width of 500 pixels. There can be smaller images with text under or above it. Spaces between lines (ie, "Enter" twice while typing) count as lines.

Here is how sizing works for the images and text

5 lines of text- and 0 pixel maximum height.
4 lines of text- and 30 pixel maximum height.
3 lines of text- and 60 pixel maximum height.
2 lines of text- and 90 pixel maximum height.
1 lines of text- and 120 pixel maximum height.
0 lines of text- and 150 pixel maximum height.

As such, keep in mind how many lines of text you want in your sig when you order a sig pic. I offer pics in the sizes of 30p, 60p, 90p, 120p, and 150p in height and up to 500 pixels in width. I also offer the classic sig pic sizing schemes of 250x100 pixels (+2 lines text) and 350x100 pixels (+2 lines text).

The formats I can work in are as follow.

JPEG- this is the most common image format used. Static and compressed, it is not good to edit these too much. The main advantage of JPEG is that it has the smallest file size of the common formats.

GIF- Lossless format that supports up to 255 colors. This format is the only format that I use that supports transparencies and animation.

BMP- This is actually discouraged because of it's size. Uncompressed lossless format very similar to JPEG.

PNG- Like GIF, it is lossless, but it supports millions of colors and is usually smaller. It does not support transparencies well, and there is no animation support. This is especially useful if you want a template that you want to add to.

Note that the maximum memory size for images is 50Kb, but I try to get them below 30Kb where I can. I can host sigs on my photobucket account, but if you have web space to use, you might want to consider using it instead.

Here are some examples of my more recent work

sams01.jpg
ahms01.jpg
ahjs01.jpg
nkkd01.jpg
rary01.jpg

Contact me if you would like a custom sig.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
AquilaHawk on Battle.Net: Currently playing Starcraft II

Comments

• Seargent06Seargent06 Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    you make awessome sig pics. I Love You. love.gif thumbs-up.gif devil.gif
    [url=\"http://obelisk1planethell.blogspot.com\"]Visit my blog[/url]

\"Smile It will confuse people and make them wonder what your thinking\"
  • VirtuosoVirtuoso Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    Hey Aquila...

If you've the time, could you bang one up for me? I've got a photobucket somewhere (gotta try and remember the details of my account though).

If you get down to doing it, I'd like it to be music-themed. I'll take a dedication for a RPG remix in exchange. biggrin.gif
  • Happy HoboHappy Hobo Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    I remember the good ol' days making sigs here. And now that I upgraded from Photoshop 7 to CS3 I might be up for doing a little somethin-somethin.
  • Aquila HawkAquila Hawk O_o Full Members
    edited February 2008
    Virtuoso, I've started yours today and hope to have it done by tommarow.

Hobo, good to see you back. CS series hates my computer, and Photoshop angers me to no end (pen tool sucks), but get your information up and some examples. Let's rebuild the old Happy Sig Shop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2008
    What are you using then? GIMP or something totally un-photoshop?
    edited February 2008
    Well, technically GIMP is totally unphotoshop. Yes, it is highly similar, but it's GUI and interface are different. And it's pen tool doesn't drive me insane! laugh.gif

But yeah, I use GIMP. 2.4 to be exact. Also can't wait for 2.6 which is expected to replace GTK with GEGL. laugh.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2008
    Sucks that CS doesn't cooperate with your system Hawkman. Adobe Bridge is one of my favorite programs ever, even though it's just a launcher app, it's just so good.
    edited February 2008
    Eh, that pen tool alone has pretty much put me off of Photoshop. GIMP's Path tool (same thing as Pen in PS, called Beizer Curve in GIMP1.x) is just more intuitive and easier to create multiple paths at once, as well as switching between those paths. For what I do, it is SO much easier to deal with. I also don't like the way PS handles compression in several different file formats. GIMP gives a lot more options for compression and level of compression in many cases. Take for instance *.png. PS let's give you a choice between Interlace and Non-Interlaced. GIMP starts with that, and gives about 7 algorithms plus a compression multiplier slide bar.

I'm not saying GIMP can do everything PS can. GIMP cannot handle high fidelity or raw digital camera (usually only available on digital SLR cameras) image formats. It also does not have the brush stroke options or layer attributes (such as adjustment layers) that PS has. Hopefully GEGL will correct that, but until then, that's the domain of Photoshop.

I would love to get my hands on Premiere though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    Topic pinned.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
    edited February 2008
    <div>
    (Aquila Hawk @ Feb. 20 2008,03:15)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Virtuoso, I've started yours today and hope to have it done by tommarow.</div>
    I saw it. I love it. By the way, no hurry with it. =) And thanks again.
    edited February 2008
    Happy Sig Shop's first satisfied customer since its reopening! laugh.gif

Btw, I moved the sig from your photobucket to mine, and it's also now on the site so you can free up the hosting space if you need. I think the slightly retro feel is great.
  • MetamaniaMetamania Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    I'd also like to make a request for a banner as well. Can you make it a Chrono Trigger theme related banner with my name "Metamania" somewhere on it? I would appreciate it. Thank you! smile.gif
    No sig available at the moment. Will get around to it when I feel like it! :D
    edited February 2008
    I'll get onto it when I can. However, because of something I need to take care of this weekend, I won't be able to start until Sunday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilentwolfSilentwolf Only Silence Full Members
    edited March 2008
    Aquila, you seem to be being overrun.

I'm... not the best, if you're in a hurry for a signature. These days I seem to get swamped with work very suddenly and so anything I'm working on tends to fall as a lesser priority.

That said, I also put my name up here to offer my services. I'm probably not as skilled as our Hawk friend here... but me and my old friend Photoshop will do our best to churn out any requests you spin my way. I accept requests firstly by PM because I check that more than this thread.

Any signatures I create (for the purposes of this forum) will be subject to its rules... on top of that, they will be PNG format and will be hosted on my personal account with http://www.imageshack.us/.

Here's a few things I've thrown up in the past...

waterlilyvashsigwonameno1.png

cronosig25janvc2.gif

escsig2tc2.gif

sheathedswordsigpngcm0.png

followyourheartnv2.gif
    Every sailor knows the tale
    of those becalmed at sea
    though at peace they can be found
    at peace they never be.
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited March 2008
    Haha, I like the first one you have up there. Perfect for Vash.
    edited March 2008
    Hehe, actually, I have nothing on my plate right now. However, I welcome any other sig makers. Especially those with a reputation for quality such as Wolfie.

Oh, and seconded about the Vash sig.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2008
    Lol, well, we all know how I love Vash. Waterlily seemed to share my Vashy tastes, so that particular one is one I recently made for her, if she chooses to use it.
    of those becalmed at sea
    at peace they never be.
  • waterlily43waterlily43 Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    I'm totally surprised you still remember that! It's so fantabulously Vash that I'm hard up for words to describe it XD *_* The best Vash Siggie evah if I do say so myself!! It's against human nature not to use it!!!

Thanks again!

edited March 2008
    Just one more satisfied customer biggrin.gif
    of those becalmed at sea
    at peace they never be.
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2008
    I needs to get me a sig at some point.
    edited March 2008
    Well, you have at least two sig makers who would be happy to help you out. ^^ Just tell either of us what you're looking for in a pic and we'll put our best efforts into it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2008
    Can I take your order?
    of those becalmed at sea
    at peace they never be.
    edited March 2008
    That would be my problem...I don't really know. Cats? Heartless? Hanatarou?
    edited March 2008
    If you're talking Hanatarou Yamada from Bleach, I have that completely covered. laugh.gif Otherwise, I have a couple of ideas to play around with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2008
    funny-pictures-cat-hat-head.jpg
    edited March 2008
    <div>
    (Aquila Hawk @ Mar. 12 2008,13:17)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">If you're talking Hanatarou Yamada from Bleach, I have that completely covered. laugh.gif Otherwise, I have a couple of ideas to play around with.</div>
    I am. I like Bleach and Hanatarou's a fun character.
    edited March 2008
    Excellent, I have just the right idea then. laugh.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2008
    This one's all yours then, Aquila. Hanatarou is hilarious XD A good choice.
    of those becalmed at sea
    at peace they never be.
  • The DoomhammerThe Doomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited March 2008
    Hmm, I should get in on this. Requesting something making use of my current signature. I don't really mind what you do with it, what picture you use with it, whatever. Let your imagination run wild! (one condition: no anime stuff. I'm... not really a big fan.)

Thanks in advance, should anybody take this up.
    edited March 2008
    Lol, that's pretty broad, man. I'll give it a go, but it'd be handy to have some sort of indication of what you like.

And because I'm already working on an idea for it, what browser do you use?
    of those becalmed at sea
    at peace they never be.