If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

D&D: Savage tide Setup

Comments

• EnyoEnyo Member Full Members
    edited July 2010
    Elves are a popular race. They are cool, they come in 500 different flavours and they are good looking to boot. Between Twi'leks and Elves, about 90% of my characters are covered ^_^

Oh, is there any place where everyones character descriptions are listed so I can know what everyone looks like?

• TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited July 2010
    We can do better than providing a few descriptions:

groupshot02.jpg
    edited July 2010
    Wow, very nice! Did you draw these? They're amazing! Very well done! Now I definitely need to do extra work on my Lucilia pic!

I think I recognise Lia on the left with Tamaska in the front, Gandt in the back. I saw a sheet for a former character Illyria, so I think the woman on the left is her.

If I guessed that the rightmost character was Kit and the one left of him was Grove, would I be close? Wonder how many I got right ^_^

So Acathala, that would mean you owe me a character description or pic tounge2.gif
    edited July 2010
    The guy left of Kit is James. Grove isn't in that picture because he wasn't around when that was drawn, and the wolf is actually a different one (Illyria and the wolf died).

And it was done by Soulweaver.
    edited July 2010
    Respects to Soulweaver then, its very good! Go you!

Since Grove will be leaving, doesn't really matter he's not in the pic anyway. James is an NPC I guess from the rp in the main board?

Oh, silly question perhaps: since we have so much elven blood, is the default language spoken between the PC's human (common) or elven?

• SoulweaverSoulweaver Artist - 6 Eyes Studio OrlandoFull Members
    edited July 2010
    Hey, thanks. Although that pic's actually a bit embarrassing to look at now... :S

And we've been speaking Common. Actually, I think Lia and Sarajahn are the only ones who can even speak Elven...
  • AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited July 2010
    James was raised by humans so he doesn't speak elven I think. Kit doesn't speak Elven I think, or otherwise he'd have something to say about whst Sarajahn's been saying to Lia, or he doesn't care.

Sarajahn
    Drow Male
    Eyes - Green
    Hair - short white-blond hair
    Description - very youthful looking, with a slightly feline look to his face. Very handsome and charming right up to the point where he stabs you.
    edited July 2010
    Kit should be able to speak elven, seeing as how is mother was an elf, but his heritage wasn't that well fleshed out at the time I created his sheet and changing it now would just be cheap.
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited July 2010
    yeah, its the same way with James, I never listed his bonus language wink.gif

All this reminds me, I think you're still waiting for me for a few things on Lucilla, right?

rolled HP: 2d8 = 12; 4d10 = 23; 4d6 = 14; 1d8 = 6

Was there anything else you needed?
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for the hp rolls Chiapet! smile.gif

I'll make up the final version of the sheet (with all changed vow details etc.) this week and post it here, hopefully tomorrow. If I run into anything, I'll post here, but I think we've got it covered.
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited July 2010
    I don't think there's a lot of physical difference (before the pearl eating) between Raji and Tamaska. Tamaska is a bit scarier now. I should re-look up the changes from the pearl.
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
    edited July 2010
    Ah Tamaska, one of the few of Sarajahn's current companions who he genuinely likes.
    edited July 2010
    Final version for Lucilia with all edits:

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="CODEHEAD">Code Sample:</div><div class="CODE clearfix">Lucilia

Player: Enyo

RACE: Elf (Gray)
    SIZE: Medium
    HEIGHT: 4'5" WEIGHT: 80 lbs
    ALI: Lawful Good

CHARACTER STATISTICS
    ++++++++++++++++++++

ABILITY SCORES:

HD/HP: 8 + 2d8 + 4d10 + 4d6 + 1d8 (63)

STR: 6 (-2) DEX: 15 (+2) CON: 10 (+0) INT: 15 (+2) WIS: 15 (+2) CHA: 23 (+6)

Enhancements:

EXPERIENCE:

Favoured Soul 3 / Paladin 4 / Divine Orace 4 / Shield Maiden 1
    Current: 66,000 Next: 78,000

SAVES:

Fortitude +17
    Reflex +16
    Will +16

IN BATTLE:

Base: +8/3 Melee: +2/-3 (+4/-1 without Tower Shield) Range: +8/+3 (+10/+5 without Tower Shield)
    -Initiative: +2 (Dex) Move: 30 ft.
    -AC: 29, Touch 16
    Spell Failure: 50% Spell Resistence: 0

YOUR COMBAT OPTIONS

- Lay on Hands (5 (lvl) * 6 (cha) = 30 hp)

- Turn Undead (9x / day)

SPECIAL DEFENSES:
    -Immunity to Sleep Spells

-Aura of Courage

-Divine Health

-Prescient Sence

-Uncanny Dodge

OTHER:
    -None

ARMS, ARMOR, AND GEAR
    #####################

WEAPONS AND ARMORMENT:

-Tower Shield

MAGICAL EQUIPMENT:
    -None (no really, none)

GENERAL GEAR:
    -Shield Maiden Outfit
    -Holy Symbol of Saint Cuthbert
    -Minor other religious items (for roleplay)
    -Healers Kit

MOUNTS:
    -None

Carry: 55/60 Max lbs. Load: light
    Capacity-Lift Overhead=carry, Stagger=x2, Drag=x4

GEMS: 0gp PP: 0 GP: 0 SP: 0 CP: 0 Coin Weight: 0 (not having coins is correct)

SPECIAL ABILITIES

FLAWS:

- Non-combatant
    - Weak Will

TRAITS:

- Illiterate
    - Skinny

FEATS:

- Nymph's Kiss
    - Sacret Vow
    - Vow of Poverty
    - Vow of Chastity
    - Vow of Non-Violence
    - Vow of Peace
    - Vow of Abstinence
    - Vow of Obedience
    - Vow of Purity
    - Skill Focus: Knowledge (Religion)
    - Tower Shield Proficiency
    - Nimbus of Light
    - Stigmata
    - Divine Shield

Feat changes:

Vow of Peace

Lucilia may carry the following additional items beyond those allowed by the Vow of Poverty feat

- A single non-magical Tower-shield (the titular Shield of the Shield Maiden), which stacks with her exalted bonus to AC from the Vow of Poverty feat
    - A single Holy Symbol of her chosen religion. (Note from player: I think excluding this was an error on the part of the writers of the Book of Exalted Deeds)
    - Any other religious items significant to her faith and worship, with a total value of no more than 5 gp (Note from player: mainly for rp)
    - A single healers kit with no magical powers

To counterbalance these advantages, the following additional limitations hold:

- She may no longer carry weapons of any kind, including simple weapons.
    - She does not gain Endure Elements at level 4 from Vow of Poverty
    - She does not gain Sustenance at level 5 from Vow of Poverty
    - She does not gain Greater Sustenance at level 12 from Vow of Poverty
    - The AC bonus she receives from Vow of Poverty is reduced by 4
    - She cannot use her healing kit to heal herself

In addition, Lucilia holds no ownership over any of her items, which at all times belong to the church instead.

Vow of Non-Violence

- Nearby allies do not get a -1 penalty per level if killing a nearby helpless or defenceless foe.
    - Vow is not broken if allies kill a helpless foe
    - May still ask for oath from party-members / foes with regular penalties, but this is not required and obviously would only work if both foes and party members agreed
    - Save DC for spells is raised by +1 only instead of +2

Vow of Peace

- Calming aura works only against foes of evil alignment, not against party-members (whether evil or not)
    - Restriction on personal magic increased to not allow any offensive spells including curses, charms / dominations, etc
    - Restriction on violence increased to none whatsoever, not just no lethal damage, but also subdual damage, no traps, no grappling, etc
    - Since the character with vow of peace is no longer able to in any way attack foes, she does not break her vow if other party-members kill foes.

CLASS FEATURES:

Favored Soul:
    - Deity's Favour

Paladin:
    - Aura of Courage
    - Aura of Good
    - Divine Grace
    - Divine Health
    - Lay on Hands
    - Turn Undead

Divine Oracle
    - Divination Enhancement
    - Oracle Domain
    - Prescient Sence
    - Scry Bonus
    - Uncanny Dodge

Class Changes:

Paladin

- Reduce strictness of Code of Conduct: no longer required to punish those who harm or threaten innocents. Other limitations remain.
    - Reduce strictness of Associates requirement: may associate with evil characters and those who would violate her code, so long as the Paladin herself does not commit, aid or condone evil and evil acts. Other limitations remain.
    - Lose the ability to smite evil
    - Lose the ability to detect evil

FAMILIAR, COMPANION, OR COHORT:

None

SKILLS
    &&&&&&

Total Skill Points: 72
    Point Progress: 2 (Class) +2 (Int) +1 (Nymph's Kiss) = +5

Armor Penalty: -10 *Ranks* *Mod* *Feat* *Other*

- Concentration +2 (2 ranks)
    - Diplomacy +33 (15 ranks)
    - Handle Animal +9 (3 rank)
    - Heal +17 (15 ranks)
    - Knowledge (Religion) +15 (10 ranks)
    - Knowledge (Nobility & Royalty) +5 (5 ranks)
    - Perform (Song) +19 (5+5.0 ranks)
    - Sense Motive +7 (5 ranks)
    - Skill Trick: Healing Hands (2 ranks)

*You can still use other skills, like Listen, Spot, and Search

LANGUAGES KNOWN (Bonus +2):
    Automatic: Common, Elven
    Bonus: Celestial, Sylvan

SPELLS
    ^^^^^^

-- Favoured Soul Casting --

Spellcaster Level: Favoured Soul Lv.8

Spells per day (Lv.0 1st): 6 6 6 5 3
    Bonus Spells Per Day (Cha): 0 2 2 1 1
    Spell Save DC: +2
    Spell Failure: 0%

SPELLS KNOWN:

Lvl 0
    Cure Minor Wounds, Guidance, Resistance, Virtue, Light, Mending, Create Water, Detect Magic

Lvl 1
    Cure Light Wounds, Eyes of the Avoral, Protection from Evil, Bless, Ray of Hope, Resurgence

Lvl 2
    Cure Moderate Wounds, Status, Resist Energy, Bear's Endurance, Eagle's Splendor

Lvl 3
    Cure Serious Wounds, Locate Object, Magic Vestment, Prayer

Lvl 4
    Cure Critical Wounds, Scrying, Death Ward

SPELLS PREPARED:

Spontanious Caster

-- Paladin Casting --

Spellcaster Level: Paladin CL 2

Spells per day (Lv.1 1st): 0
    Bonus Spells Per Day (Wis): 1
    Spell Save DC: +2
    Spell Failure: 0%

SPELLS KNOWN:

Lvl 1
    Bless, Bless Water, Bless Weapon, Create Water, Cure Light Wounds, Detect Poison, Detect Undead, Divine Favour, Endure Elements, Magic Weapon, Protection from Chaos, Protection from Evil, Read Magic, Resistance, Lesser Restoration, Virtue

SPELLS PREPARED:

Lvl 1:
    Lesser Restoration

RACIAL TRAITS:

-+2 Dex, Int, -2 Str, Con
    - Medium: As Medium creatures, elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    - base land speed is 30 feet.
    - Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
    - Low-Light Vision: An elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
    - +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. An elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
    - Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.
    - Favored Class: Wizard. A multiclass elf’s wizard class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.</div></div>

Lets hope it lets me post this now... So far, its not working sad.gif
    edited July 2010
    I will be out of the country from July 16th to July 23rd. I had hoped to get Lucilla introduced to the party before I left, but it looks like it won't be until after I return.
    edited July 2010
    Awww sad.gif

(have fun though!)

edited July 2010
    I will be out of the country from July 16th to July 23rd. I had hoped to get Lucilla introduced to the party before I left, but it looks like it won't be until after I return.
    Do you think we would be able to finish the Kopru fight? Enjoy your vacation!
    edited July 2010
    we should be able too.
    edited July 2010
    Ah Tamaska, one of the few of Sarajahn's current companions who he genuinely likes.
    More or less than Lia? wink.gif

Where are you going, Chia? You didn't tell me anything!
    Founder, RPGamer
    edited July 2010
    new brunswick/nova scotia

unfortunately I won't be able to stop at Drury Cove or Drury Lane while I'm there. Might have to save that for a return trip.

Speaking of return trips, I need to talk to Data and see if he will be in town in late October wink.gif. you and erin up for a trip to Calif?

edited July 2010
    Tristan is too young to go to Cali. We'll have to wait a few years. We are going to have enough "fun" visiting Utah in November.
    Founder, RPGamer
    edited July 2010
    i figured as much.

Our plans next year are to tour the northeast (Justin wants to see all the things he's learning about in school: the monuments in DC, the liberty bell, the statue of liberty, niagra falls, etc), then we've promised Haley a return to the beach in 2012 (assuming there's a clean one somewhere). It looks like the next great loop trip (yellowstone, glacier, mount rushmore) will be in 2013.

edited July 2010
    You might run into my sister in Nova Scotia...you won't know it, but just saying...
    edited July 2010
    Firemyst wrote: »
    More or less than Lia? wink.gif

Where are you going, Chia? You didn't tell me anything!

Actually more than Lia. Sarajahn finds Tamaska very restful as he doesn't have to worry about him betraying him. As long as Sarajahn keeps Lia sweet, he doesn't have to worry about Tamaska. He's actually curious about Lia and Tamaska's relationship, and he'll probably ask about at some point in camp. He has something else he wants to ask Lia and I garantee it isn't what you're thinking Myst.
    On a side note does Grove have some sort of magical item identify spell?
    edited July 2010
    i thought he would (he knows up to 6th level cleric spells) but he doesn't have one prepared and I don't see one on the standard list...)
    edited July 2010
    As long as Sarajahn keeps Lia sweet, he doesn't have to worry about Tamaska.

Heh, I don't know why Sarajahn is so comfortable around Tamaska. Kit already tried to test that relationship with Raji and it didn't go very well. If anything, Tamaska is more fiercely loyal and stubborn to druidic ways than Lia herself.

Identify is an arcane spell, but a low level arcane spell. Lia can learn it or someone can buy a wand that casts it.
    edited July 2010
    Yes well the need for some sort of identify is somewhat pressing, assuming the Brain Collector doesn't kill us all. I may as well state Sarajahn is going to vigorously oppose destroying the Tear until he knows what it does, and that it's not going to blow up and kill them all if they destroy it.
    As regards Tamaska, Sarajahn generally likes animals unless they're trying to eat/kill him. It's one of his good points. He also knows he can't rely on Tamaska, not that he relies on anyone in the party anyway.
    Isn't legend lore a clerical spell, or am I thinking a couple of editions ago?
    edited July 2010
    Lia could easily know Identify. She just doesn't. Didn't come up. Someday she needs to find a used spellbook.
    Founder, RPGamer
    edited July 2010
    I could have sworn I saw it on your spell list Myst, however Sarajahn has resigned himself to the fact the artifact is going to be destroyed. He hopes he's going to take you all with him lol.
    edited July 2010
    Chiapet, I just noticed you added me to the website, however the sheet has couple of mistakes. I think you must have used the old sheet from when I was going to have a familar. Instead of the Improved Familar feat, I took Minor Shapeshift, and instead of the augment familiar spell I took disguise self. You also left out my bonus languages which are drow sign language and gnome.
    edited July 2010
    fixed your sheet.

Did you know the new boards have a minimum message length requirement? That's stupid, and yet another thing to add to my "I'm really pissed today and here's why list"