If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

D&D: Savage tide Setup

Comments

• FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited July 2010
    chiapet wrote: »
    fixed your sheet.

Did you know the new boards have a minimum message length requirement? That's stupid, and yet another thing to add to my "I'm really pissed today and here's why list"

We likely had no idea. What's the limit?
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • EnyoEnyo Member Full Members
    edited July 2010
    edited July 2010
    I'm so awesome I don't even read my own boards. 10 chars doesn't seem that bad. :)
    Founder, RPGamer
  • AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Sorry to be a pain, but I've just noticed this. Shouldn't the damage for my greatsword be 2d6+5 rather than 2d6+3? Also I don't think you included the masterwork to hit bonus, as it's made of Adamantine. Finally I get a bluff synergy bonus to Charisma and intimidate.
    edited August 2010
    TG makes a valid point regarding the aging of Lucilia's clothing. I figured Lucilia's limited set of equipment would have been in the effect with her. Most spells and magical effects - like invisibility, enlarge person or protection from energy - affect the target as well as their equipment. Chiapet, could you tell us if Lucilia's clothing and equipment aged or not? Either way, the fashion will be outdated (or really retro), even by elven standards :P
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Everything was held in stasis with Lucilla.

Or, as the Ancient Olman thought, "consumed by the magic of the artifact" ;)
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    So I'm not just a perv? Oh, goody, lol.
    edited August 2010
    Just wanted to say: I was a little worried about the combat style of multiple rounds (or the entire combat) being done at once, as it doesn't allow players to change strategies halfway through the encounter, but I find it all works surprisingly well so far! Also, I like the descriptions of attacks and combat effects, so kudo's to you Chiapet for running it so well!
    edited August 2010
    Heh. Oh, the arguments we used to have when I first introduced that system.
    edited August 2010
    I honestly thought it would fall apart as the battle grew more complex, but so far I have to admit it works, though we are making shorter and shorter work of our opponents as of late. I wonder how this will work for a long term battle.
    Founder, RPGamer
    edited August 2010
    I dunno about Keno, but when a fight gets really nasty or complicated, I shorten the rounds, sometimes even go round by round.
    edited August 2010
    Well, as you've probably noticed, especially with the Solistice game, if things are about to turn really bad for someone based on what they said they wanted to do, I give them a chance to change their actions. It all depends on the battle.

If Protection from Evil had not been cast, the battle would have turned ugly, really fast.
    edited August 2010
    Yay, I was useful!
    edited August 2010
    This weekend I will be at a con, so I may not be able to respond quickly. I'll post before I leave and check when I get back, but I can't promise I'll be able to post while there. It'll only be saturday and sunday, so I figure it'll be ok.
    edited August 2010
    That's okay, I'm usually not around on the weekends either.
  • SoulweaverSoulweaver Artist - 6 Eyes Studio OrlandoFull Members
    edited August 2010
    Found a few errors on my sheet, so I figured it was time to clean house. I would have sent this in a private message, but the new length restrictions are a major pain... I would have had to chop this into three PMs. -_-
    -Wisdom should still be at 12, despite the new periapt. Gandt only wears the periapt when preparing spells, otherwise he wears the amulet of natural armor instead.

-I made a note under Will indicating that he gets an additional +2 bonus vs. enchantment, because frankly I've been forgetting all about it.

-Adjusted spells per day as if he had 16 Wisdom during preparation.

-Fixed a couple attack bonus errors.

-DR changed to 4/-- (2 from armor specialization and 2 from Champion levels)

-Clarified AC bonuses

-Listen indicated 15 ranks, but it should actually be 14 ranks + 1 from Wisdom

-Erased all references to cleric levels

-Removed the Earth Elemental gem from his inventory since it was already used.

-The potion of haste and elixir of swimming were sold off some time back, so I removed them and added the cash to my total (they would have been worth half their market price when he sold them, right?).

-I added the huge darkwood heavy spiked shield that he crafted prior to leaving Farshore (see page 99 of the game thread). He's not carrying it with him, it's in his workshop still, but I still want it on my sheet so that I don't forget about it.

-Not an error, but I removed the periapt of wisdom +2 from his inventory since he's giving it to Sarajahn.

Here's the sheet with all changes made:
    Gandt

Player: Soulweaver

RACE: Half-merrow
    SIZE: Large
    HEIGHT: 8’3” WEIGHT: 409 lb
    ALI: chaotic good

CHARACTER STATISTICS
    ++++++++++++++++++++

ABILITY SCORES:

STR: 26(+8) DEX: 12(+1) CON: 15(+2) INT: 10(+0) WIS: 12 (+1) CHA: 9(-1)

HD/HP: 4d12+8d10+24+12-6/127

EXPERIENCE:

-Lv.8 Fighter-/ Lv. 4 Champion of Gwynharwyf
    Current: 74564 Next:78000

SAVES:*

Fortitude +14 = 12 (Class) +2 (Con) +1 (perm, res) -1 (legacy)
    Reflex +4 = 3 (Class) +1 (Dex) + 1 (perm. res) -1 (legacy)
    Will +7* = 3 (Class) +1 (Wis) +2 (feat) + 1 (perm. res) -1 (legacy)
    *additional +2 vs. enchantment (class feature)

IN BATTLE:

Base: +12/+7/+2 Melee: +16/+11/+6 Range: +9/+4/-1 (includes -1 due to size and -2 when using tower shield and -1 from Least Legacy)
    Initiative: +1 (Dex)
    Spell Failure: 0% Spell Resistance: 0
    Move(land): 20 ft., Move(swim): 10 ft. (both include speed reduction from armor)

YOUR COMBAT OPTIONS

+2 holy Greatsword of Gwynharwyf (legacy) (slashing) +17/+12/+7/2d6+13/19-20/x2/+2d6 damage to evil creatures
    --Least Legacy Activated: (7th level caster, where appropriate): cure moderate wounds (3/day), weapon enhancement (increases the sword to a +2 --holy greatsword), Ability Enhancement (+2 str), -6HP, -1 Save/Attack).
    -2-handed shield bash (piercing) +18/+13/+8/3d6+11/x2
    -2-handed shield bash (bludgeon) +16/+11/+6/2d6+11/x2
    -Shield Slam: Daze a target for 1 round as part of a charge or single full attack. (Daze DC = 10 + 1/2 fighter levels + str modifer)
    -Shield Charge: make a trip attempt while charging without provoking an att/opp.
    -Lasso: +9/+4/-1
    -Armor Spikes (piercing) +16/+11/+6/1d8+7/x2
    -Smite Evil +4: 1/day
    -Smite +4: 2/day
    -Rage: 3/day, 3+Con rounds. +4 Str, +4 Con, +2 Will, -2 AC.
    -Grapple: +4 bonus due to size

SPECIAL DEFENSES:
    -Improved Shield Bash: When you perform a shield bash, you may still apply the shield’s shield bonus to your AC.
    -Total cover: Tower shield can be used as total cover (forfeit attacks, but opponents may not make an attack against total cover).
    -DR 4/--
    -+2 save bonus against enchantments

ARMS, ARMOR, AND GEAR
    #####################

WEAPONS AND ARMORMENT- Natural+Shield+Armor+Size: 17+6+10-1+2(deflection/ring)+1(insight/ioun) =35 AC COUNTER: AC/5

-+1 bashing darkwood heavy shield w/ masterwork spikes (4534gp, 10lbs/10lbs, +4AC, -1 check penalty)
    -dagger, 4gp, 2lbs, 1d6
    -+1 Black Crystalline Dendritic Armor 5000gp, 120lbs, +10AC, +0 max dex, -8 check penalty
    +Mwk Armor Spikes, 20lbs
    -+1 Large Animated Tower Shield (5160gp, +6AC, +2 max dex, -10 check)
    -+2 holy Greatsword of Gwynharwyf (18350, 8lbs, 2d6 19-20/x2, slashing)
    -(currently in workshop) huge darkwood heavy shield w/ mwk spikes (595.5gp, 20lbs/20lbs, +2AC, -1 check penalty)

MAGICAL EQUIPMENT:
    -Gargoyle Crown (E) - Grants Smite 1/day (+4 bonus) and Rage 1/day (like barbarian)
    -CLW Potionx4
    -CSW Potion
    -CLW Wand (20)
    -belt of ogre power +2
    -Amulet of Natural Armor +3
    -Gauntlets of Throwing (MIC pg 103, allows throwing a melee weapon with return abilities 3/day)
    -dusty rose prism ioun stone (+1 AC)
    -periapt of wisdom +4
    -strongarm bracers
    -boots of speed
    -ring of protection +2 (E)
    -wand of bull's strength (48 charges remaining)

GENERAL GEAR:
    -40 ft. silk rope 8gp 4lb
    -25 ft. rope, 5lb
    -100 ft. hemp rope
    -Trail rations x4, 5sp 1lb ea
    -Waterskin 1gp 4lb
    -Flint & steel 1gp
    -Block & tackle 5gp
    -Fishhook x5, 1sp ea
    -MWK Artisan’s tools (armorsmithing) 55gp 5lb
    -Spell Component Pouch 5gp
    -whetstone 2cp
    -signal whistle 8sp
    -grappling hook 1gp
    -healer's kit 50gp
    -Spire of Sasserine (+2 to gather information/diplomacy checks when worn within Sasserine)
    -Golden Wrestling Trophy Cup (100gp)
    -Antitoxin (vial) x2
    -Ship building equipment (currently in workshop)
    -Tent (20lbs)

Carry: 265/2100 lbs. Load: Light
    Capacity-Lift Overhead=1840 lb, Stagger=3680 lb, Drag=7360 lb
    Light load: 612 lb, Medium load: 613-1226 lb, Heavy load: 1227-1840 lb.

GEMS: 0GP
    PP: 396 GP: 67 SP: 4 CP: 20 Coin Weight: 4
    -Writ to withdraw 500 gp per month from The Warden’s Vault

SPECIAL ABILITIES

FEATS:-

Current Total: 5
    -Steadfast Loyalty (Champion’s District bonus): Self control and discipline are the birthright of many who grow up in Champion's District, and you strive to uphold these ideals. Benefit: You get a +2 bonus on Will saving throws against charm, compulsion, and fear effects. In addition, if you have the Leadership feat, your leadership score increases by +1.
    -Knight of Stars (ECL1): +1 luck bonus on any roll or check while performing an act of good, 1/day.
    -Improved Shield Bash (Fighter bonus 1)
    -Weapon Focus: shield spikes (ECL3): +1 to attack rolls with shield spikes.
    -Subduing Strike (fighter bonus 2): No penalty when dealing nonlethal with a melee weapon.
    -Shield Specialization: Heavy (PHBII p.82) (fighter bonus 4) (+1 AC bonus when using heavy shields)
    -Shield Charge (ECL 6) - (CW105)– If you hit your opponent with a shield as part of a charge action, in addition to dealing damage normally, you may make a trip attack without provoking an attack of opportunity. If you lose, the defender does not get to try to trip you in return.
    -Shield Slam (Fighter 6 Bonus) - (CW 105) - As a full round action or part of a charge, you can make an attack with your shield that deals damage normally and forces the target to make a DC 10 + 1/2 fighter levels + str modifer or be dazed for 1 round.
    -Righteous Wrath (ECL9) – (BED) – First damage dealt vs. evil foe during a rage causes them to become shaken (Will DC 10 + 1/2 raging class level + cha modifier). Also imparts the ability to maintain clarity of mind during a rage.
    -Improved Toughness (Fighter 8 Bonus) – (CW) – Gain 1 extra HP/level.
    -Armour Specialization (dendritic armour): DR 2/--, does not function if dex bonus is lost (found in PHB2)

Bonus Feat:
    Friend to the Tribe - For all effects related to origin, you are considerd an Olman. For example, you qualify for feats requiring you to be Olman and you may join the Olman affiliation. You gain a +2 bonus on Diplomacy and Gather Information checks made related to the Olman. With a successful DC25 Diplomacy Check, you may requisition a spell cast by a Olman spellcaster. You may request this spell once per week and it is always cast by a spellcaster of the lowest level able to cast the spell. This free spell can have an expensive material component up to 100 gp x your character level or a focus worth up to double that. The spell's level can be no higher than 1/4 your character level.

Class: Fighter 8 / Champion 4

CLASS FEATURES:
    - Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A fighter is proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with all armor (heavy, medium, and light) and shields (including tower shields).
    -Smite Evil: deal +1 damage per champion level to an evil target, 2/day.
    -Detect Evil - at will, as the spell (even when raging)
    -Rage, as barbarian
    -Extra 1st level champion spell/day
    -Furious Casting: able to cast Champion spells while Raging
    -Fearsome Fury: When entering a Rage, make an Intimidate check. Any enemy that comes within 30 ft. must make a Will save vs. the Intimidate check result or become shaken for 1d4+1 rounds or until the Rage subsides.

SKILLS
    &&&&&&

Total Skill Points: 38
    Point Progress: 4 (Class) +0 (Int) = +4

Armor Penalty: -19

-Appraise (Armor) +2 (synergy)
    -Craft (Armorsmithing) +12 (10 ranks + 2 mwk tools + 0 Int)
    -Craft (Shipbuilding) +2 (+2 mwk tools + 0 int)
    -Hide -1 (1 Dex - 4 size + 2 affiliation)
    -Intimidate +17/+21 (+14 ranks -1 Cha +4 size +4 in Farshore)
    -Listen +15 (14 ranks +1 Wis)
    -Move Silently +3 (1 Dex + 2 affiliation)
    -Swim +8 (racial: to perform a special action or avoid a hazard, otherwise no check necessary)

LANGUAGES KNOWN (Bonus +0): Common, Giant

SPELLS
    ^^^^^^

Spellcaster Level: Divine Lv.4
    Spells per day: Lv.1 x4. Lv.2 x4 (but -1 from any level due to not wearing periapt continuously)
    Bonus Spells Per Day (Wis): 3
    Spell Save DC: 11 + spell level

SPELLS PREPARED:

Lv.0 none,

Lv1: Lesser Restoration, Protection from Evil
    Lv2: Warcry (BED)

RACIAL TRAITS:

+6 str, -2 dex, +2 con, -2 int, -2 cha.
    Large size: -1 AC, –1 on attack rolls, 10ft reach, +4 grapple bonus, -4 Hide penalty, double lifting and carrying limits.
    30ft land speed, 20ft swim speed.
    Darkvision 60ft.
    +4 natural armor.
    Giant blood: For all special abilities and effects, a half-ogre is considered a giant. Half-ogres can use giant weapons and magic items with racially specific giant powers as if they were giants.
    Automatic languages: Giant and Common. Bonus languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Goblin, Orc, and Abyssal.
    Favored class: Barbarian.
    Level adjustment: +1.

AFFLIATION SCORE:
    Zelkarune's Horns: +19 - Scrapper (Purchase nonmagical gear and weapons at 3/4 price, including masterwork items but excluding items made of special materials. +2 bonus on Intimidate checks made in Sasserine or its colonies.)
    Seeker's: +6 - Seeker (+2 bonus check on all knowledge checks made at Seeker Library)
    Olman Tribes: 6 (Tribal Warrior) - +2 bonus on hide and Move Silently checks, proficient with one olman weapon

BACKSTORY:

Gandt spent much of his life as a slave, a gladiator who knew nothing but battle. It was only within the last year that this would change. During a match, a young spectator fell from the stands, and it was Gandt who saved him from the colosseum’s beasts. Little did he know that the child was a member of the wealthy Vallamais merchant family. The family was so grateful for Gandt’s good deed that they purchased his freedom.

But he has not adapted well to life outside the arena. He landed a job as a prison guard for a time, but he found this work dull and depressing. He was almost relieved when he lost the job; several prisoners had escaped, and it was believed by some that Gandt had aided them. It was only his good standing with the Vallamais family that kept him out of further trouble.

If there’s one thing Gandt hates, though, it’s being reliant on anybody for help. In an attempt to distance himself from the Vallamaises, and perhaps to find his station in life at the same time, he has joined the adventurer’s guild.
    edited August 2010
    I updated affliation scores.

Technically the new benefits don't take place until the party returns to Farshore and can report in to the affliation leaders.

I'm working on affliations for Lucilla and Sarajahn.
    edited August 2010
    Man, I haven't tried to look at Kit's ref. sheet from your website for awhile now. The link works now. Probably because I'm using Firefox.
    edited August 2010
    A couple of things
    Sarajahn's caster level should be 10 (6 from half-hexblade levels + 4 from Practised spellcaster.) Spell resistance should be be 23 (Drow spell resistance = 11 + character level.) Finally the bracers of health aren't equipped.

Affliations
    The Dawn Council sounds cool, Sarajahn would like to become an noble in his own right. Anything that gives him more power is cool.

How much downtime are we getting? There's a number of things I'd like to do.
    edited August 2010
    technically, the party doesn't have much down time. A couple days at most. However, if you have something you want to spend more time on, just let me know.
    edited August 2010
    I've replaced that "Use Magic Item" feat with Poison Proficiency on Kit's ref. sheet.
    edited September 2010
    I think now everyone sees why I wanted some downtime. I hope you'll let Lia and Gandt have their date.
    edited September 2010
    I think we had decided earlier that we're allowed to upgrade wondrous items into better versions of themselves (like turning gloves of dexterity +2 into gloves of dexterity +4). But could we, say, turn strongarm bracers into strongarm bracers of health, or something? Is there any limit to the types and number of enchantments that an item can have? A quick look at the item creation section of the DMG wasn't very helpful.
    edited September 2010
    I would think upgrading an existing magical item into a greater version of itself would be possible if you had someone who could cast all the necessary spells; however, changing one item into something else entirely is like changing lead into gold. The spells are different and I'm pretty sure some argument could be made about the fun of finding/buying new items instead of bending the crafting rules until you get everything you want.
    edited September 2010
    Personally weaponwise, I've gotten all the enchantments I wanted. Bloodstone fitted my needs better than spellstoring, as I was only ever going to store Vampiric touch. I think Sarajahn's next priority will be items that raise Charisma or Strength. Of course wands are always useful as well. Memento Magica are also good, as I only ever need the cheap ones. Longterm, I'll probably try to get a Maximise Metamagic rod, Successful Enervation + Maximise = Lot of pain for enemy.

Why doesn't Kit enchant his bow, since it seems to be so effective?
    edited September 2010
    No, you can't transmute an item into some other type of item. I'm just allowing upgrades.
    edited September 2010
    I think you can blame my years of playing Diablo II for the idea that it might be possible to add prefixes and suffixes to our stuff at will. :wink:
    The spells are different and I'm pretty sure some argument could be made about the fun of finding/buying new items instead of bending the crafting rules until you get everything you want.
    Of course! You misunderstand me. Crafting the perfect item is fun in its own way, sure, but the main point of the question was in knowing how the game works. Don't worry, the joy of finding new loot is not lost on me. :colgate:
    edited September 2010
    (no update today)
    edited September 2010
    Why doesn't Kit enchant his bow, since it seems to be so effective?

It is enchanted. I'm pretty sure that Demon's Bane enchantment was the reason for the big damage.

But Kit isn't actually a sniper, it has just been smarter to use the bow lately. He's actually a backstabbing/flanking sort of guy.
    edited September 2010
    Yeah I probably should get that as well at some point, though I'm pretty happy with the weapon enhancements I got. I will post tomorrow.