If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

D&D: Savage tide Setup

Comments

• TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    I'm more worried about all the constructs we're supposedly fighting in the future, thus Kit's search for adamantium weaponry.
  • SoulweaverSoulweaver Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Where are you getting this inside information about constructs in our future?
    edited September 2010
    Keno mentioned it awhile back. One of the major reasons I nearly switched Kit for Sana.
    edited September 2010
    Oh, by the way, regarding crafting. Gandt's an armorsmith, not a weaponsmith. The adamantine is irrelevant, he'd still have to roll 15+ every day to make any progress on the rapier.

Kit would actually be better at crafting this stuff! With the arrows, he can even take 10 and still succeed. If he invests in some masterwork tools, he can do the same for the rapier. Good way to save a bit of money.
    edited September 2010
    Kit? Work? Ha!
    edited September 2010
    Okay, I see your point. He'd be saving a couple thousand gold on the rapier alone by crafting it, though, so I thought that might've gotten him to put forth an honest day's work. :P
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    I think I said there were some, not a lot. They show up every now and again.
  • AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    Happy Birthday to me!!!
  • EnyoEnyo Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    Yay, happy birthday!
    edited October 2010
    I will be out on a shoot tomorrow, as opposed to getting more teeth pulled, but I still won't be around for updates either way. It's getting to be a friday thing.

Speaking of being out, I will be on the opposite side of the US the last week of October (but unfortunately not in Firemyst's territory) so I probably won't be updating then either.
    edited October 2010
    Then I better make my Exp. bet on who will win the World Series before you leave unlike the last two times.

Thing is, I have to see if Texas or Phillie make it first; otherwise, I have no idea.
    edited October 2010
    Chiapet, do you have Lost Empires of Faerun? In the future I may want a scepter, though obviously that's a while off. Just thought I'd ask and check.
    edited October 2010
    Just a FYI, I will be out of town beginning tomorrow (the 23rd) and extending until the 1st.
    edited November 2010
    Think you missed my earlier question Chiapet, it's the post before yours.
    edited November 2010
    hmm, no, I do not.
    edited November 2010
    Okay no worries then.
    edited January 2011
    Enyo and Chiapet, I'm slightly concerned about Lucilla's vow of poverty getting inthe way of her owning magical items.
    edited January 2011
    (swapped again)
    edited January 2011
    Vow of Poverty will definently get in the way of Lucilia owning magic items... or anything beyond:

* Tower Shield
    * Simple Clothing
    * One day worth of food
    * Holy Symbol
    * Healers Kit (not usable on self)
    * Religious (roleplay) items worth no more than 5 gp
    edited January 2011
    She may not have any magic items, but she gets a lot of raw statistical power in return. I say it's a fair trade-off.
    edited January 2011
    (no luck, still swamped.)
    edited February 2011
    Any progress?
    edited February 2011
    I'm afraid he will be gone for a couple more months. When he says he wll be gone for awhile, he means it, but he will come back.
    edited February 2011
    i had forgotten I had a track record of disappearing for months at a time.... once upon a time.
    edited February 2011
    Hey Chiapet, has Dreadful Wrath worked in any of Sarajahn's encounters?
    edited February 2011
    hmm, good question. I think it did once. It's come close a couple times I know.
    edited February 2011
    chiapet wrote: »
    hmm, good question. I think it did once. It's come close a couple times I know.

Hmm well I'd better keep an eye on it then. My DC for it should go up a couple points when I get that cloak of charisma. If it's still not effective then, then I'll have to think about retraining it into something else. It would be a shame, as it's a feat that I think particularly fits the Drow. I definately want to retrain when possible, one of my bonus languages, probably gnome, into Abyssal, as I suspect this where this adventure is going it will be more useful.
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, he already said we will visit the Abyss, so suspicion confirmed; however, we did already go there. I think we did anyway.

Hmm...DC 10 + 1/2 level and CHA. mods...that is a pretty high Will save to beat, so it should be working. Then again, Kit is using a high crit. rate weapon and I think I've only scored one crit. with the rapier in the whole game.
    edited February 2011
    Lucilia is probably not going to like anyone there *nodnod*
    edited February 2011
    Enyo wrote: »
    Lucilia is probably not going to like anyone there *nodnod*

Well she can let Sarajahn do the talking then. I promise to try to prevent Sarajahn selling Lucilla's soul to a demon heh, heh.

Yes my DC for Dreadful Wrath is 20. 22 when I get my cloak of charisma. I have so many abilities that key off of Charisma, which was why I ignored your advice to make strength my highest stat TG. The Hexblade handbook was really useful there, though perhaps I should have left getting Minor Shapeshift til level 12. Even so it's not going to be useful until I get polymorph.