If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

D&D: Savage tide Setup

1131415161719»

Comments

• TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Hey, if that's the way you want to go about things, go ahead, but here's how I see it: pile CHA to boost a secondary set of abilities OR take advantage of the fact martial classes can hit things very often and make sure you hit very, very hard. You can always make up the difference with magical items.
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    (I haven't forgotten you guys, I just ended up not being home over the weekend.)
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    I think we need to start sending out a search party for the chia.
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
    edited April 2011
    Good idea!

*rolls a 1*

Crap.

Seriously though, if Firemyst doesn't know where he is...well, gee, not much hope for the rest of us, is there?

He said he's busy. That's all I know.

You could try joining some other games if you're bored. I know he gives you freebies, but the other GM's around here aren't half bad. :P
    edited April 2011
    I've been thinking about it. The only reason usually that Chia gets me in his games is because he bugs me on MSN. Now that he's missing, I tend to forget. :x
    Founder, RPGamer
    edited April 2011
    Sorry I haven't been around guys. Between my new job and baseball/softball I just haven't had much time lately.
    edited July 2011
    My apologies for not updating yesterday. My kids and I were involved in a car wreck after church, and Justin was transported to the ER. He's okay, but after that and baseball I just wasn't in the mood to do anything.

On another note, TG has chosen to withdrawl Kit from the game. He may enter a new character later, but at least now I don't have to worry about getting him to the island where the brotherhood are headquartered ;)
  • AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    No worries and I'm glad you and your family turned out ok.
    edited July 2011
    Wow didn't see that post. Glad you're okay.

I haven't looked at a D&D ref. sheet for ages, but here's the character bio for now:

Aqaezi of the Snake born

Aqaezi is a wizard and is part of a tribe somewhere within the tropics. His status as "snake born" indicates his specialty as an enchanter and apothecary. He serves as the tribal leader and elder. Well into his 50's, he is pepper-haired and has lost some of his stamina, but that doesn't stop him from climbing a mountain path to gather rare herbs and meditate. That is why he was not present when the Scarlet Brotherhood attacked his village and took his people as slaves. The ship had already departed and left when he reached the village, but a second Brotherhood ship arrived. Passing himself off as a simple medicine man, he allowed himself to be captured in hopes of finding where the Brotherhood took his people. His knowledge of local herbs and medicine proved very useful to the Brotherhood and they have decided to keep him around while operating in the region. Aqaezi will gladly serve anyone who helps him rescue his tribesman.
    edited August 2011
    Um...scores?
    edited August 2011
    *looks around for dice*

found them!

15, 12, 13, 15, 13, 18
    edited August 2011
    I'm basically MIA this weekend for PAX. If you need something for Lia (or Myrrine), roll with what you think is best.
    Founder, RPGamer
  • EnyoEnyo Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    I still want to play this game, but in all fairness, perhaps it is time to look for a change of DM? Not to say that Chia isn't a great DM, and I don't have the greatest attendance record myself, but... I think we might need to cut down on the time between posts a bit.
    edited December 2011
    I don't think that's possible. Savage Tide is a published adventure from Dragons magazine or something like that, so only Keno has the adventure notes.
    edited December 2011
    I don't mind moving on to a different storyline if that's what it takes... but practicality aside, I'm curious about what the other players think
  • SoulweaverSoulweaver Member Full Members
    edited January 2012
    I enjoyed Savage Tide while it lasted, but I think it's time to move on (unless the pace really picks up in a hurry).

As for a new game... although the slow pace of forum games has its place for planning and tactics, it's really hard to go back to that after I've experienced the more spontaneous fun of a real-life group. So I don't see myself joining up unless the story really piques my interest.
    edited January 2012
    Well, Keno does have a thing for disappearing for months on end and then reappearing with a vengeance, so I wouldn't count him out yet.
    edited January 2012
    Due to having to work overtime I might be slow with my posts this week - apologies for that.
    edited August 2012
    I'm finally going to have time this week to write an ending for the Savage Tide game, based on what I found out happens. I'd also like to write an epilogue for each of the characters, if no one objects, though TG I believe you already gave Kit an ending.
    edited August 2012
    I quit because I had a knack for taking Kit off the campaign path and because the game was being updated only once a month for half a year. It also didn't help that the next ten levels of Swashbuckler didn't grant any new abilities, save for one, and was all statistical upgrades. I got bored and he wasn't really the type to stick around when things got complicated anyway. I was coming back with a new character. Kit is returning in another capacity though, heh.

Gee, I hope my quitting didn't tick Keno (Chia) off. He put up with a fair bit of crap just so he could keep playing with me all these years.

I would like to know how the campaign ends, but I'm not sure about writing everyone's ending. I'm pretty sure Soulweaver would object.
    edited August 2012
    Well I'll get the ending up first, then pm everyone concerned if they want to add a epilogue. Might have to get Myst to ask for Chia's okay to use James, as I'm pretty sure Chia doesn't check this site often if at all.
    Yes you were planning an Olman enchanter..
    edited September 2012
    I haven't given up, but I should be able to start again in a couple of weeks.
    edited October 2012
    I should be able to start again tomorrow. Not sure if I can do anything on Friday as it is my birthday!!!! I may be able to finish all the chapters on saturday. Only 2 left then we can do epilogues!