If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

D&D Savage Tide

Comments

• AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited September 2011
    Chiapet means a RL bridge people.
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited September 2011
    (That's why I thought it was funny: a common RPG trigger happening in real life to delay a RPG)
    edited September 2011
    TG Barighm wrote: »
    (That's why I thought it was funny: a common RPG trigger happening in real life to delay a RPG)

Yeah I got that but Myst and Enyo seemed a little confused, plus as Enyo is not American she might not have been aware of the hurricane that struck the USA.
    edited September 2011
    (Hurricane? Well crud. Not so funny now)
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2011
    (I was just bored. ^^)
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • EnyoEnyo Member Full Members
    edited September 2011
    (Hurricanes aren't fun :( We never have them here in the EU as far as I know. We do have big floodings here sometimes (half of my home state is below sea level), but fortunately we have some pretty strong dykes so its usually safe. Btw, does Lia have any combat buffs prepared? Cause I'm going to toss Bless onto the group when the real fighting starts, but after that I'll probably be healing most of the time rather than buffing.)
  • SoulweaverSoulweaver Artist - 6 Eyes Studio OrlandoFull Members
    edited September 2011
    (Did your area actually get hit by the hurricane, Martin? I hope all is well.)
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited October 2011
    (No, no hurricane, just the bridge I cross every day to go to work is closed for emergency repairs, that haven't started yet and might take anywhere from 4-9 months, depending on who you ask. So my commute has been greatly extended, I'm getting up at 4:30am and regularly not going to bed until after 11, but Justin's baseball is done for the season now so I'm not burning the candle at both ends quite as badly as before.)

(anyhow, back to the game!)

The guard approaches and Sarajahn begins his spell. The guards eyes go wide for a moment, but then the spell takes affect. The guard starts to speak, but Sarajahn quickly motions him to be quiet and he complies.
    edited October 2011
    Sarajahn motiona the man to come though into the room. Once the man enters, Sarajahn quietly closes the door behind him The drow whispers, "How many in that room? Say it quietly." indicating the room the man just came from.
    edited October 2011
    Lucilia silently waited and watched. Being an elf, even if raised by humans, she had a lot of patience as time ran differently for her than it did for them. Actually, time was more out of synch than usual in Lucilia's case. She watched silently as Sarajahn talked to the prisoner, hoping this one would end better than the last prisoner...
    edited November 2011
    "There were 12 when I went to sleep," the man whispers. "I didn't count them when I woke up."
    edited November 2011
    SaraJahn asks how long it is until the guards change shiftss, where Bartus sleeps and if they have any prisoners. He asks the party if they have any questions.
    edited December 2011
    Lucilia silently prayed for the souls of the people they were about to fight and for her companions as well.
    edited January 2012
    Hey guys. I've been meaning to post this for a while but it seems like everytime I set down to do it something comes up before I can get to it. Anyhow, I'm just writing to say good bye. I know it's not fair to you guys but I can't keep the game going. I kept intending to post a wrap up post, telling what happened and how the situation ended for each of the characters, but alas, I haven't even managed to write that.
  • SoulweaverSoulweaver Artist - 6 Eyes Studio OrlandoFull Members
    edited January 2012
    Thanks for running it, Martin, it's been a blast. Keeping any forum game going as long as this one did is a feat in itself.
    edited January 2012
    Sad to see ya go. We had some good times with this one. Thanks for the memories.
    edited January 2012
    Sorry to see it end like this and sad to see you go, but thank you for the game (and for letting us know whats what) It'd be cool if we could use our characters in another game though maybe?
    edited January 2012
    It's been fun. Thank you Chiapet.
    I did a bit of research on the Savage Tide adventure. I know enough that I could write an epilogue for everyone's charries, if no one objects?
    edited August 2012
    7a Side quest
    The group sneakily manage to take the Scarlet Brotherhood leader and force the surrender of the camp. Documents are found that highly incriminate the Meravanchi family in Brotherhood dealings. The rest of the Olman tribe arrive to take custody of the Brotherhood members. After polite nagging from Lucillia, the party convince the Olmen to take them as prisoners rather than execute them. James manages to find a way to send the documents to Lavinia.

7. City of Broken Idols
    The group meets up with Jakara(the guy rescued from the trogs) on the Taboo island. They're there to search for a missing missionary of Pelor called Noltus. It's not long before they encounter an intially suspicious, but ultimately friendly lizardman tribe. After speaking to the tribe for a while, Noltus arrives on the spot with member of the tribe whom had went with him to the village Mantru. However not all is as it seems and "Noltus" reveals himself and the others he brought to be demons. After a fight which decimates the real Lizardmen, the party are victorious.
    Later, the party arrive at Mantru and find it deserted, apart from some intially hiding coatl, whom ask for aid in putting a spirit of one their brothers to rest. After solving a riddle, the party succedes and are rewarded information, which directs them to the west side of the island.
    They found the back entrance of the temple the temple Noltus had been looking for, thanks to the information recieved. Unfortunately they also find the grisly, gnawed remains, of Noltus. Bravely the party investigate the temple. They see many statues dedicated to that foulest of demon lords Demogorgon. They also encounter the Followers of Demogorgon. After many hard battles, they reach the leader of the temple, Khala, an aspect of Demogorgon. This is the most difficult fight yet for the party, and they need evey bit of their resources, but it is done. Khalu is slain. However a smokey form of Demogorgon rises out the corpse, screams at the the group before dissipating. From information gleamed from the temple, it is discovered that some of the Shadow Black Pearls have be sent to the pirate port of Scuttlecove....
    edited August 2012
    The results of 7a would have made things very interesting for Kit. He would have enjoyed tearing down the Meravanchis from the inside.
    edited August 2012
    Chapter Prologue
    Avner has been having strange dreams ever since his trek through the Olman lands. Ever since he touched a statue the party had to return to a temple. These dreams disturb him immensely, yet he has told no one. Each time he resolves to go to the clerics but it turns out to be an empty promise. This night his sleep is dreamless. Rise Avner! Avner wakes instantly. Looking around he is relieved to see he is alone. Until he sees something impossible. The bat statue is at the foot of his bed. Take me, I will guide you. Avner is powerless to resist this compulsion and soon finds himself at a spot far from Farshore. At a place protected by holy wards. Blood of the corrupted o'er the wards. Aver tries desperately to stop himself from cutting his wrist over the sacred wards, as even he recognises disaster will follow. Alas his will is not strong enough, and as his blood drops onto the wards, the eyes of the bat statue glow red. It is summoning something. The foolish weak nobleman can only watch as it arrives. When does, he finds his will restored to him and Avner screams in terror. His screams are soon silenced.

The hour is late and Lavinia is still busy. She has finally gotten the papers sent by the party. She has been thinking a lot about Sarajahn. He's charming and witty. The way she feels about him isn't like anything she's felt before. However there would likely be some fallout if they continued to have a relationship. James was also likely to go off the deep end. Plus she wasn't sure how he truly felt about her. Sighing she turned her attention back to the papers. Lavinia quickly discover enough ammo in them to destroy her political rivals. Her joy was short-lived. Sensing somebody watching she turned to face the doorway, freezing in terror at what she saw. In the doorway stood a Death Knight and his name was Vanthus.
    edited August 2012
    What if Avner dies before he can sacrifice himself?
    edited August 2012
    (This would happen with or with out Avner's involvement. It's one of those railroad moments you get from Adventure Paths. Would you like Kit dying here trying to save Lavinia?)
    edited August 2012
    8 The Serpents of Scuttlecove
    The party arrive back at Farshore to find the town in uproar. Lord Meravanchi is attempting a coup d'etat. This is very swiftly and effectively put down by the party, as Meravanchi's men are no match for the heroes. Meravanchi is taken, and later executed for treason. The party learn that that Vanthus has risen from the grave and has kidnapped Lavinia. Sarajahn reacts strangely to the news, but manages to hide it from the party. The party also learn the Jade Ravens have left in pursuit of Vanthus, last seen heading for Scuttlecove, home of the Crimson Fleet.
    On the way there they recieve word that Harliss wishes to meet them there as well. After infiltrating the city, they find the dead remains of Kaskus Kiel. Looks like the rescue attempt hasn't gone well. They go to the RV with Harliss. She's there waiting for them. So are several Kuan-ti assassins. It isn't Harliss and it turns out to be a Succubus. Gandt and James easily deals with the succubus, whilst Sarajahn polymorphs into a Roper, his strands drains the strength of the snake people whilst Lia incinerates them.
    Under the bridge they found Tolin Kientai and Zan Oldavin, barely alive. They get healed by Lucillia and are sent to the ship, after revealing Liamae was taken to the the brothel called "The Birdcage".Using a combination of stealth, force and judacious use of Dimension Door, the party get Liamae, and as an added bonus the real Harliss, out with very little fuss.
    Harliss reveals she has learned the location pf the Crimson Fleet base. The group decide to go there, as it's the most likely place Lavinia will be, and also a chance to decimate the fleet.
    It's a hard fight through the base. Not all the members are humans and there are lot of demon members as well. The heroes are almost caked in blood when they reach the leaders. A Half-fiend Cold Captain Wynter, and a Yuan-Ti Anathema known as The Seventh. This is a fight as hard as the Aspect of Demogorgon. Sarajahn changes into a War Troll for the extra physical power, and his swings deal mighty damage, Lucilla buffs and heals everyone, Gandt is the stoic defender of the group, and also takes chunks out the foes, Lia unleashes magical hell on the enemy, and James also uses magic.
    They win. With the leaders dead, most of their followers dead, and their ships about to be sunk, the Crimson Fleet will never again pose a threat. However the Heroes' victory is not complete. Lavinia is not here. Worse still from the logs Demogorgon already sent shadow pearls to every major city in the world and plans to activate them soon. However there is a glimmer of hope for Lavinia as the party find out she has been taken to the Gaping Maw, Demogorgon's layer in the Abyss.
    edited August 2012
    Kit didn't stay in the manor, so he wouldn't have had the option; however, Kit had tons of chances to assassinate Avner and intended to do so before he left.

It's too bad the campaign took so long to get out of Farshore. The whole pirate thing sounds cool, but sticking us in a town with such a low spending limit at a time when we had the money to actually buy something was frustrating.
    edited August 2012
    (I wish I had joined you guys earlier. This was a good game, I'm very sorry chiapet couldn't finish it. I really liked this AP and all your characters.)
    edited August 2012
    Whew...that was something like 7 years ago. Man, this game ran for a long time.
    edited August 2012
    (Incidently how far would Kit have gone to try to get rid of Sarajahn?)
    edited August 2012
    Well, he did hatch a plan with Gandt, and we did have opportunities to pull it off, but of course we would never kill another player's PC. Soulweaver and I just wanted to see if we could do it (we did), and then we left it at that. Sarajahn didn't actually wrong Kit in any way, not like Avner did, so the worst you would have to deal with is a few pranks.
    edited August 2012
    (As long Kit didn't interfere with Sarajahn and Lavinia, Sarajahn would pretty much leave Kit alone. Though I imagine Kit wouldn't be happy about Sarajahn and Lavinia. Personally I think Kit would have been the first to work it out. How would Kit have handled his departure from Liamae? Had I realised your depth of feeling towards Avner, I could have had Kit inadvertantly release Vanthus by taking his moment of revenge when Avner is at the wards.)