If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGamer Creative Corner

MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything!Full Members
edited April 2014 in Entertainment
Since we spend a whole lot of time oogling other people's creations, I thought it'd be cool to see what you guys can do. Music videos, stories, song and/or dance, whatever you guys do that isn't already covered by RPGamer's community sections goes here!

Anyway, I'll start us off.

Here's a music video I made using clips I got off the RPGamer site.

And another.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
-Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Comments

• ShponglefanShponglefan Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    Art:

female_face.jpg

Photo:

landscape2b.jpg

Music:

Untitled techno track

My Nightmare

(Both of these are draft WIP versions. Someday I will revise and finish them.)
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited February 2008
    <div>
    (Shponglefan @ Feb. 10 2008,11:26)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Art:

http://www.animecritic.com/_temp/art/speedpaints/female_face.jpg</div>
    That is NICE, man. Watercolor?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShponglefanShponglefan Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    <div>
    (MasterChief @ Feb. 10 2008,10:27)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">That is NICE, man. ?Watercolor?</div>
    Thank you. ?But nope, it's digital. ?Drawn in photoshop using a graphics tablet.

Here's a couple more:

Also digital, but in MS Paint (hence the blockiness):

woman_face.jpg

Unfinished graphite & charcoal sketch:

example1-step7.jpg
    edited February 2008
    That's an amazing pair of images. Especially that top one. That was MS Paint!? Awesome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aquila HawkAquila Hawk O_o Full Members
    edited February 2008
    Quite impressive. I use a graphics tablet myself for digital drawing, but that is far better then anything I have ever done with my tablet and GIMP. Here's what I have (100% digital drawn BTW, takes a 1/3 of the time).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/AquilaHawk/aaron2.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AquilaHawk on Battle.Net: Currently playing Starcraft II
    edited February 2008
    Not bad, but you seriously need to fatten those arms up. It's incredibly disproportionate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, arms and hands have been my achillies heel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VirtuosoVirtuoso Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    I can see what you're getting at. Hands especially. There're like entire books devoted to drawing of hands.
    edited February 2008
    I know there are some very basic rules for hands in anime and manga styles, but it's been a struggle for me to get them right. One such rule is that an open hand with spread fingers should be large enough to cover the face. I also try to use my own anatomical proportions to draw characters, so I have been undersizing hands accidently (hard to see my own hand over my face... something about having a hand over my eyes). What I have started playing around with is actually starting a hand as a circle 1/3 diameter of the face great circle. However, I have yet to incorporate it into my drawings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2008
    Doesn't apply for anime, simply because the heads are bigger than real life. Unless, of course, you're the artist for this Korean MMORPG. Then again, this could be a not-very-successful attempt at drawing perspective. =P

In real life though I wouldn't go by 'large enough to cover' so much as 'approximately as big as your face'. Bear in mind that some people have extremely large, or small, hands. I've got pretty small hands for a musician...

Just don't try that rule in chibi art. ?biggrin.gif

edited February 2008
    Just finished a concept signature (that surprisingly works well) to promote my graphical hobby. This is the preliminary version, and might lead to second version.

*Image removed so you have to see the link, and thus see it from the first frame*

*Note: it is an animated GIF, but I designed it in such a way that it only shows the animation once then stops on the last frame. If you missed it, just reload it or go here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2008
    The red blends in with the grey more than slightly. I'd replace either the red or the grey with a more neutral white.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2008
    Agree. Red on grey makes the text a little hard to read.
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, thing is, I wasn't going to have that gray field originally. All it was, was a place holder until I put something else in. To be exact, my lightning eagle. laugh.gif I also didn't like the script font outside of my name. I think version 2 here looks better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Happy HoboHappy Hobo Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    Some older photos of mine. B&W, sepia, monotone and duotone images. All darkroom works, not a bit of photoshop. Hope ya'll like em.
    edited February 2008
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seargent06Seargent06 Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    rpgamertheme.jpg

heres a thing a did a while ago for fun
    [url=\"http://obelisk1planethell.blogspot.com\"]Visit my blog[/url]

\"Smile It will confuse people and make them wonder what your thinking\"
    edited March 2008
    That's a fun little pic! Desktop wallpaper?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seargent06Seargent06 Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    <div>
    (MasterChief @ Mar. 03 2008,22:54)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">That's a fun little pic! ?Desktop wallpaper?</div>
    I guess if you wanted to use it as that, but i just made it for fun. lol smile.gif
    [url=\"http://obelisk1planethell.blogspot.com\"]Visit my blog[/url]

\"Smile It will confuse people and make them wonder what your thinking\"
  • SupraDarkySupraDarky Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    So I like to make music since I received FL Studio about 6 months ago. Some original, some from videogames. Got popular pretty quickly on various sites!

Here's one, from Duck Tales! The awesome Moon theme: http://www.zshare.net/audio/9259380ae9bab8/
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited March 2008
    http://bainick.deviantart.com/

Mostly just Kirbies I did for some friends at another site (guess what sort LOL).

Some are pretty good, some are not, but its not too bad considering I used a touch pad of a laptop and all tounge2.gif
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • ZeeferZeefer Member Full Members
    edited August 2008
    <div>
    (SupraDarky @ Mar. 20 2008,22:24)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">So I like to make music since I received FL Studio about 6 months ago. Some original, some from videogames. Got popular pretty quickly on various sites!</div>
    FL studio?[Link NSFW] I can tell you're going to be in for a lot of fun.

[mod edit] Please label links like that NSFW or Not Safe For Work. Thank you.

• JCServantJCServant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2008
    Well, it's pretty much on my sig. For the last four years, my friend and I have been doing a webcomic. I'm the artist, and he writes. You can check out all 60 some odd 'webisodes' on our site. There's no pop ups or banners or whatnot. Just pure comic goodness smile.gif
  • Just DougJust Doug Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Hello! I'm new here and I like to draw a bit (see avatar) and build giant robots out of LEGO!

rrbsh06.jpg

That gallery on Brickshelf (a site for putting up photos of LEGO creations) is out of date now though, most the stuff I have up there is crap.
    "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Shakespeare, Hamlet Act I, Scene 5

"You need mad bank for lobster cash." - Sabin1001
  • gdawgtukgdawgtuk Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Some may have heard this but I am mostly working on music right now. My latest song is a Remix of the Battle Theme from Lunar - Silver Star Story Complete

I too use Flstudio like the previous poster:

lunarremix.jpg

Stream/Download Link

Currently I am working on:

Final Fantasy 13 Battle Theme Remake/Remix called: Blinded by the Light, Wrapped up like a Remix.

Contemplation [WIP]: Listen

Distorted Visions [WIP]: Listen

RPG - Sea Side Village Theme [HUGE WIP]: Listen

That's about it for now. Doing some writing lately but nothing that is ready to post unfortunately.
  • goateguygoateguy Member Full Members
    edited February 2014
    I have dabbled in the fractal art scene in the past, but I have been dormant for the last 2 years or so while I have gotten busy with life. I am slowly starting up again here in a few months and I thought that I would share my talents with the rest of the RPG community.

Purple_Multi_Whirl_by_GoateeGuy.png

I used a combination of a fractal Art program called Apophysis 7X and Photoshop to make this piece of art. I have fooled around with several different programs over the years but this one is the one that I love to use the most. If you would like to see more, then you can visit my dA page through my sig below. :)
    If I don't make it home, tell my wife I said Hello.

--Neutral Planet President

You can find awesome fractal art at my website: http://goateeguy.deviantart.com
  • JCServantJCServant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2014
    As I mentioned a long time ago, I engage in various projects. I'll try to update here from time to time to show off my last few. Last night, while recording RPGBacktrack, I did this...
    (Tracing over another drawing helps make this look better than my average pic)

sirocco_sketch_a_by_jcservant-d781gu9.jpg

I also this this one not too long ago...in the vein of those marvel stat cards I have from the 90's....

tammy_stat_sheet_by_jcservant-d74wmuz.jpg
  • CadianCadian oh god who are you people Back and forth between New York and VermontFull Members
    edited April 2014
    I made this in broadcasting school.
    Twitters! Steams! Tumblrs!
    3DS Friend Code: 1435-5875-0306
    Brave Frontier Player ID: 6146529113
    Competitive Pokemon list - if you'd like tiny Lv. 1 versions, let me know!
  • odinsgrandsonodinsgrandson New Member Full Members
    I make custom wedding cake toppers professionally, and I figure you guy's would appreciate a few of them.

I've been doing this for years, so if you want to see tons of them, here's a link to one of my galleries.

Elven-cake-topper.jpg

Topper-Vault-Dwellers-1.jpg

Science-Fiction-armor.jpg

fantasy-topper-2.jpg

topper-24.jpg