If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

"Role Models" is a movie

GooseAssGooseAss MemberFull Members
edited May 2016 in Entertainment
saw this last night, it was way better than i was expecting. i'm a huge fan of both paul rudd and seann william scott, but i was kind of expecting it to be like a will farrell movie: lots of silly sight gags, etc. instead, it was a lot more like Forgetting Sarah Marshall or Knocked Up- a much more introspective comedy about being in your 30s yet still having a lot of room to grow up (which definitely hit home for me). that's not to say it wasn't funny, though, because it definitely was. you could certainly tell which parts paul rudd wrote (all the sarcastic, cynical, misanthropic material), and seann william scott played his usual douchebag stoner character perfectly.

Comments

• MiyosakaMiyosaka Member Full Members
    edited December 2008
    It was all right. The whole movie felt a little too "safe", if you know what I mean. Felt like every joke, while funny, was probably done before somewhere else a little better.
    thanks for reading
  • Super Duper GuySuper Duper Guy Member Full Members
    edited March 2010
    Yes. I will never forget "Whispering Eye" for as long as I live. wink.gif

...oh, and having a Big Brother type thing is totally rad.
    Play whatever makes you happy.
  • ChillmarshChillmarsh Mid20s Mutant Ninjaturtle Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Role Models really, really pulled off the Hollywood subculture mesh concept well. Which is part of why I appreciate it as much as I do. Also being a former energy drink fiend (and having quit it due to the potential health issues), that part cracked me up.
  • AlistaireAlistaire New Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Well I seann william scott really inspired me in the movie named " Role Models" . Over all the movie is wonderful experience for me to watch .