If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Regarding the staff, Lionheart012, and wonkycyber

RicoRico MemberFull Members
edited January 2014 in Miscellaneous
Whenever a member of the boards is banned (and believe me, it's fewer times than some would like you to believe), there seems to be an immediate, predictable criticism of the staff of this website for what they deem to be inappropriate handling of the matter. This, in my experience, is almost always due to lack of information about the entire situation. Thus, I've decided that it would be prudent to begin explaining my rationale when I choose to take action regarding a forum member--Something which I previously did not do out of respect for the person who was being banned.

Two member names were banned recently which, in all likelihood, correspond to the same person. This incident began with the locking of LionHeart012's topic which stated that Aeris could still be alive because a large stomach wound isn't terribly serious and getting dumped in a lake and sinking to the bottom (and appearing in the Lifestream, et cetera) aren't conclusive evidence that a person is dead. My co-administrator, LordBrian, locked the thread; I assume he found it against all common sense. This is also a pretty clear request from a staff member about post content.

Lionheart012, instead of going through appropriate channels, chose to make a (rather unconvincing) public defense of himself. Now, don't get me wrong, there's nothing inherently bad about doing that. However, creating a new thread to continue to discuss a topic which was locked is not a wise idea. Just because one thinks the original topic was "unfairly" or "wrongly" locked in one's mind does not make it all right to create a new thread on it, especially when one has made no effort to go through official channels to protest the original decision to lock.

Regarding the most recent topic, Avalanche II, I think it's painfully obvious why it was locked. I'd like to defend some of the actions of my fellow staff members at this point, if I may. It seemed fairly obvious to me that Lionheart012 was just trolling at this point, especially when he made remarks about the topic being locked because the topic was criticized by a staff member (when he clearly chose not to lock it). Now, the icing on the cake was when a second account was created from the same IP address. This second account, wonkycyber, came into the thread and began a (rather self-righteous) tirade regarding moderators of forums. This, I think, was pretty clearly a troll post, made just to get a rise out of the moderators.

Specifically, the line, "Admins taking themselves way too damn seriously. The job of an admin is to keep the forums 'clean', if you will, not to filter everything you don't like," seemed custom-tailored to provoke a reaction in two ways. First, it is accusing the moderators of doing something they do not do; Two moderators had pretty much explicitly said they weren't going to lock the topic, even if they found it distasteful. Second, it is telling the people who are offering a service at no cost to you that it is wrong to run a messageboard in any other way than what you suggest.

In any case, merely the creation of a second account to be utilized like that is highly frowned upon and against board policy. There are two likely possibilities in a situation like this; The rest are unlikely to the point that they're not really worth considering: Lionheart012 and wonkycyber are the same person; and Lionheart012 and wonkycyber are different people, but in close physical proximity to each other and working in concert.

It has been suggested that it was inappropriate to publically list his IP address because of a risk of "hacking". If what he claimed is true, then his own computer would likely not be at risk nor any computer on his network; I'd assume most people who use NAT have some sort of security implemented above and beyond that of what the service naturally provides. I could say more if I put my mind to it, but if you're going to take his side on the subject to begin with, then that should be a suitable explanation.

It was also suggested that specific comments made by the staff were immature or against the rules ("If I were to say something like that I would be warned and possibly lose my membership."). I don't believe this to be true. Criticizing a topic is not flaming. Disagreeing with someone is not flaming. Pointing out that a person is likely using multiple accounts to rally public support for himself is not flaming. Getting a bit indignant when someone lies to your face ("Oh here is their IP adresses. WTF was that about? I have no relations with wonkycyber so it must be a coincidence.") is not a failure to be civil. I also can't find anything wrong with Tadrith's statement regarding NAT, or any reason why a non-staff member would be disciplined for a like remark; The assessment was accurate.

Just because someone posts a dissenting view does not mean they are attacking someone else. Just because someone is staff does not mean all their posts have to be formal and lack any coloquialisms or dissenting opinions. Staff should be impartial when it comes to punitive matters. If you feel they are not, go through the appropriate channels (We have multiple administrators for a reason). Do not attempt to reopen locked topics or create multiple accounts (or get a friend to come on and post from a script for you). It seems fairly simple to me.

Comments

• LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    To clarify why I had originally locked the original Aeris topic, it's clear that I had no real problems with it existing in the first place. I replied to the thread myself, without making any unjust remarks to the original poster. I stated what I considered to be an appropriate remark, since I have seem many, many stupid threads on these boards. Those threads aren't locked for them being stupid; the Aeris thread was not locked for being stupid either.

It was locked because he intentionally made a remark with the sole purpose of trying to piss me off. My comment was not directed at him, nor his intelligence level at thinking up such a stupid thread. His comment, on the other hand, was directed at me personally. I didn't think it was a bad enough jab to warrant an official warning of a breach of conduct, but I did feel that it warranted some sort of retribution. Rather than get into a drawn out argument over the fact (I guess that was better saved for the AVALANCHE II thread...) I decided it was better to just close the thread, as nothing intelligent was going to come out of it anyway. And I was perfectly within my rights to do so, as the rules page says the following:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Additional or alternate consequences may be imposed at the decision of the board administrators as the situation may warrant.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Of course, then he decided to repost the thread, in defiance of the rules as Rico has already stated. When he reposted the thread multiple times, ignoring the requests of the mods, he also broke the no spamming rule.
  • TadrithTadrith Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    The Internet has an odd phenomena associated with it, in that it allows anyone to speak their mind without much regard for how other people might feel. The staff members of RPGamer all have a great deal of experience in public forums, and do not take such insults to heart. For the sake of peace, and organized, logical, and thoughtful discussion of video games, insults are not tolerated.

In addition to this, although RPGamer's forums are a public area of discussion, it is in everyone's best interest to foster conversation that people can take interest in, or provoke thought. Beating the proverbial dead horse on the message boards is a waste of everyone's time, a waste of board space, and no better than spam. Discussing a subject that died out a matter of years ago would most definitely qualify for this category.

Finally - nothing is more insulting than when someone automatically assumes your stupidity. I'm sure everyone here understands how insulting that is. Creating multiple users and then assuming nobody around here will notice is a prime example of this. It's disrespectful and dishonest, and probably the quickest way to find yourself unwelcome here.
  • ChocoChoco Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    I dunno, Tad. Making three identical topics in the Pok?mon forum that all say, "U ALL SUKC!!1" might be a little faster since it doesn't require much typing... or intelligence.
  • KamikazeKamikaze Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    It is unfortunate that some people feel that they're immune to our rules and requests. As a moderator here it is my job to make sure that everyone abides by the rules we set out and to enforce the rules should someone break them. Lionheart012 clearly violated them and thus was banned.

My response to the matter was not with the content of his posts, but the fact he registered two names yet pretended to be two seperate people. To add injury to insult after I called him on it he completely denied it, even after I produced valid proof. I think the response by the staff and myself was completely justified, especially when taken in the context of the offender's previous actions. I understand some of you may not agree with the actions we took, but we did what we felt was best for the boards.
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    You know, you're all free to post here. We're not going to bite your heads off.
  • Daryth DarkmoonDaryth Darkmoon Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    You guys have gone above and beyond this time. I see a member get banned and I just figure there was good reason. Anyone that can't follow the rules, even after given another chance, shouldn't be here anyway. I think you've given us all a good insight on just how much thought goes into the decision to ban a member. I for one am glad to know that you don't take it lightly. Thanks for keeping this a civil and friendly environment. laugh.gif
  • OnizukaOnizuka Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Well, that's very good to know Rico, I've actually grown fond of my head over the years ?tounge.gif. What gets me the most about Lionheart012 is that he didn't own up to what he had done. I bet if he would have, he wouldn't be banned right now. He just had to drag it out soap opera style. I'd say the admins.were pretty patient, he was annoying with the whole ban me, ban me, I don't care! bit. Also maybe it's me but I cant help but laugh about the whole thing, I mean it is ?as if he came up to you in person had a debate left for a couple minutes returning with groucho glass and saying "yah that feller there had a point." sheesh what a character
  • RhinoRhino Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rico @ Jan. 10 2003,02:20)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"You know, you're all free to post here. ?We're not going to bite your heads off.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Thanks, I was a little nervous about it.

Anyways, there is no need to defend the actions of the staff. Our friend here was deliberately creating threads he knew were going to be locked, and taunted you all to do so. He read the warnings that is was in his best interest not to test you guys, and he ignored them. It's not like it's a big disaster, though, these things happen everywhere from time to time. I 've seen it at work and in college all the time. And I am proud of your decision. I don't mean to sound like a fascist dictator, but I love it when rules are enforced. Our unfortunate "banee" was obviously not used to following rules. If rules are not enforced, we could all end up like that.
  • Lina DarkstarLina Darkstar Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    I absolutely agree, especially with Daryth. Y'all are awesome. After a thread like that you could've simply banned the guy, no problem- but this post details your justifications and shows just how dedicated you are to keeping this an open, friendly, and safe environment. Thank you.
  • Shadow XShadow X Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Thanks for doing this, by explaining why you banned some one really helps the members NOT think you're on a power trip. I would have banned they guy once I found out he had the same IP address.
  • generatorgenerator Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    i was reading the thread as everything happened, so i have a slightly different view on it.
    up until the point where lionheart created his second account, i thought he was in the right. ?he broke no rules within the thread, just merely created a final fantasy topic in the final fantasy forum. ?since a couple people responded to his topic question, i'd say that it's a legitimate thread. ?unfortunately, it didn't tickle the fancy of a couple mods, so he was then publicly criticized for making senseless and useless topics. ?while i also didn't find any of his threads particularly interesting, i don't see why he should called out on it in front of everyone. ?this board promotes being civil, and i think the civil thing to do in that case would be just simply ignoring that sort of thread.
    but... then he decided to create a second account and defend himself with it, and that was obviously not the brightest thing to do. ?so yeah, his banishment came with just cause, but he was also treated poorly before he broke any rules.
    on the overall, i think these boards are very well moderated. ?Rico and LordBrian do a great job administrating the forums, so i also thank you for keeping this a fun place to continually visit.
  • DarkesTDreameRDarkesTDreameR Banned Banned Users
    edited January 2003
    I'm a banned member who learned his lesson, I'll admit that. But in all honesty, you guys have to be the most responsible admins I have ever seen for a message board. I've never been to one that actually upholds it's own rules.....well cept FFWA and FFO...but they don't count cause they suck.
  • CloudCloud Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Im afraid i have to agree with Generator, as i was watching it as it went. I know you administrators say that The Staff was simply stating their opinion that the Topic was pointless. However, after closing his prior threads, anyone could see how one would take this personally. Also, like Generator, i didnt like the topic either. I believe there were several things that shouldnt have taken place in that thread, and yes, what Lionheart did was wrong. After a while, he was begging to be banned, literally. So the end result was justified.

I just think that in the midst of the thread, your staff was simply toying with him. It doesnt matter how stupid a person/member is, the staff should be setting an example by trying to be civil. I understand things can get out of hand, and normally I have no complaints about the staff. I dont think anyone abuses their powers, and all bans I have witnessed have been well justified.

Anyway, even if he hadn't made this thread, he probably would have done something else to get himself banned eventually. So the outcome is not questionable.
    edited January 2003
    When generator speaks of criticised publicly, I believe that he/she/it is talking about me. My reply on one of the Aeris threads and my involvement in the AVALANCHE II thread was personal(Except for when the double IP was discovered). I was yet another boardie posting his opinion on the subject. If I didn't happen to be staff, you probably wouldn't care that I disagreed with Lionheart+RANDOM NUMBERS in the first place. Whereas my board status may be different than yours, that doesn't always mean I'm hunting for things to get irate over.... which I'll admit it's sometimes fun to do, but *cough*. It was contructive criticism if anything. Calling out my view of the situation is what these boards are here for in the first place, correct?

We all have a voice on the subject, and I used mine. I'm not going to be quiet if I think something is silly and unjustified, whether I may be staff or a normal boardie.

And this, yet again, is just my side.
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkesTDreameR @ Jan. 10 2003,07:45)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I'm a banned member who learned his lesson, I'll admit that.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I appreciate the honesty and all (sure makes my job easier), but, well...

Official channels, people. ?Official channels.

Just because you've changed doesn't give you an automatic re-entry, and ban evasion certainly removes any chance you'll be invited back or win any sort of appeal.

(Especially not when you were banned for "your repeated and willful violation of several of our terms of service" Guess that's one more ToS to add to the list...)

edited January 2003
    The one thing I keep seeing repeated here, is that nobody had a problem with the particular subject he had brought up, and so nobody seems to understand the reasoning behind the staff not wanting the subject on the boards.

I'm sure everyone has seen the Final Fantasy section of the boards, and everyone has noticed that it's an extremely busy section. The goal of the messageboards is to provide a positive place for everyone to discuss RPGs, or in this case, Final Fantasy. The problem is, it doesn't take that many people to turn a really good message board into a rotting cesspool.

So while some of you may not have minded the subject, he was bringing a topic up for a game that's over 5 years old. The debate for this game ended a long time ago, and I'd venture to say that many people are *really* sick of seeing anything about this. In the same way that people might groan whenever a troublemaker posts, people also groan when they come to find engaging conversation about the newest games, and find topics like this one.

In my mind, it is a nuisance equivalent to spam. Nobody likes deleting get rich quick schemes from their inbox, and nobody wants to see the same old, tired, boring topics regurgitated back on the boards.
    edited January 2003
    Some people are still new to this. Hell, some may have gotten a copy of FFVII for their birthday last year. People were responding. Let them. Seriously, we already went through the debates, and thats fine. Many of these guys have not, why stop them from doing what we had a chance to do? Not everyone played the game on its release. I didnt, i played it a couple years after its release.

Maybe we should close down all topics about old-school games, because, after all, we have all talked about Chrono Trigger before. No use bringing up that subject again. Secret of Mana? Pshsshhh. That game had its time, next time its brought up on the boards, i say we close it!

But, do whatever you want. You're the boss. *shrugs*
    edited January 2003
    I don't think it's so much the age as the topic itself. Seriously, considering the only reason Aeris was really introduced into the story in that manner in the first place was to die, and rumors of her revival became pretty much the biggest game-related hoax ever...

Also, part of the reason it may have seemed like staff were "toying" around with him in the Avalanche II thread is because staff cannot ban members. They can, however, give concrete proof that someone is breaking rules to the three staff who at present are capable of banning. I looked at the middle portion of that thread as solidifying a point while trying to get someone to admit wrongdoing.
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cloud @ Jan. 10 2003,09:56)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Maybe we should close down all topics about old-school games, because, after all, we have all talked about Chrono Trigger before. ?No use bringing up that subject again. ?Secret of Mana? ?Pshsshhh. ?That game had its time, next time its brought up on the boards, i say we close it![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    The problem wasn't that they were talking about an old game. Obviously we have nothing against discussing older games - that would be just plain silly. The problem was that the particular subject chosen carries the marvelous ability to alienate and irritate a great many people. If it had been some fascinating new take on a part of Final Fantasy 7, that would have been fantastic.

In this case, it wasn't, it was a dead subject that has seen more than it's share of board time.

I would also say that after five years of release, I seriously doubt anyone is going to show up here who just played it. If you're into RPGs enough to chat on the messageboards, there's no way you're going to wait that long to play what was arguably the most groundbreaking game for it's time.
  • TrueGamerTrueGamer Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    All the admins are all responding to this topic? Cool! I get to see who all the admins are (there seems to be a new one I've never knew about every week).
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tadrith @ Jan. 10 2003,12:19)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I would also say that after five years of release, I seriously doubt anyone is going to show up here who just played it. If you're into RPGs enough to chat on the messageboards, there's no way you're going to wait that long to play what was arguably the most groundbreaking game for it's time.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Except kids who are 12 and just getting into them, which there are some of here.

Anyway, i dont want to argue. I understand what you are all saying, and I'm cool with it. I already stated what i thought, so I'll just leave it at that.

All is cool. smile.gif
    edited January 2003
    it's obviously just a matter of opinions now, but i want to add one more thing:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"In this case, it wasn't, it was a dead subject that has seen more than it's share of board time.
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    then show me another thread asking to form a new avalanche group to go against a past final fantasy villain. ?and if a thread that lasts just over 3 hours is seeing "more than it's share of board time", then these forums would be a very desolate place.
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (generator @ Jan. 10 2003,12:57)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"it's obviously just a matter of opinions now, but i want to add one more thing:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"In this case, it wasn't, it was a dead subject that has seen more than it's share of board time.
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    then show me another thread asking to form a new avalanche group to go against a past final fantasy villain. ?and if a thread that lasts just over 3 hours is seeing "more than it's share of board time", then these forums would be a very desolate place.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    You're talking about the wrong topic.

I'm referring to the multiple topics on whether or not Aeris was really dead that were started by Lionheart012 after LordBrian had already locked them.

There was nothing wrong with the Avalanche II topic, aside from the fact that it ended up completely off-topic, and turned into a discussion on his creating multiple accounts and duplicate IP addresses.

• TrueGamerTrueGamer Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    I just read the Avalanche 2 and different Aerith threads, and I must say, the RPG gamer staff started the whole thing. They kept saying his threads were retarded or something along those lines which started an argument which lead to the thread being locked. He shouldn't have retaliated so much, but then again, the rpgamer staff shouldn't have made fun of his threads.

Saying that, I'm glad they have Rico to sort things out; he's very responsible and the most admirable administrator/staff member here.
  • BoomerangBoomerang Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    After just now perusing the Avalanche II thread, I might as well give my opinion on this subject...

I think that Rico and LB do a good job and make every effort to be fair, the fact that Rico would give us an indepth explanation regarding this recent controversy is evidence enough of that. ?

Before this whole IP mess, it seems that the thread was initially off to a good start. ?There was the original post, and three replies, two of which came from members who have been around and have made quite a few contributions to discussions on all kinds of topics (the other was by Lionheart). ?

It's not a direct insult, but Choco saying "Devoid of importance and content... this post and posts like it bug me. At least discuss something of some significance! This is about as important as asking, "What reactor in Midgar would you have blown up first?" There's no point in even thinking about the possibilities as the base story is already there. Simply a waste of thinking processes to me" was clearly the catalyst to the whole incident. ?Whether or not it's insulting, it's at least degrading on some level to the person who started the topic and to the people who considered it and contributed to what turned out to be a very short exchange of ideas. ?

Then Kamikaze said "I second Choco's opinion that your topics have pretty much been pointless." ....so now anyone who opens the topic for the first time knows that what they say will be considered useless by a couple of staff members if they participate. ?I agree with Generator on this subject, the thread simply should've been ignored by Choco and Kamikaze given their opinions. ?People were enjoying themselves, the topic was clearly Final Fantasy oriented, why not just let them be? ?

Lionheart was clearly wrong in this situation...but it never had to come down to this scandalous IP address circus sideshow. ?

confused.gif ? It's all kind of depressing, it seems like we've had more locked topics and banned members in the last ten days than we had over the first few months...I don't envy you moderators at all.

edited January 2003
    I don't understand why everyone is making such a big deal out of the staff involved in the incident. Are we not allowed to post on these boards in the same manner as people with normal accounts? Why are we singled out because we're "staff"? It doesn't make us inhuman. Whether I'm staff or not doesn't affect my opinion on his choice of topics. Basically, all you're doing is singling me and Kami out because we're different.

Let's imagine we're back in 2nd grade attending a public school. Also imagine that there's someone/some people in your class who are different than you. They're crippled, they have a disorder of somesort... they're different. Back in the day, do you think kids would be nice, civil, and treat them like equals even though they are technically equals? From my experience, anyone who wasn't the same got the "point at the freak and laugh" treatment. Now, can you see a resemblance to this situation and the situation at hand? If not... *shrugs*.

We're not so different from the lot of you, so why are we to take the blame for being ourselves just like all of you are?
    edited January 2003
    you have the ability to lock topics.
    you have the ability to see people's IP addresses.
    your group says "RPGamer Staff"

can us commoners claim any of that? ?nope! ?hey guess what, you're a moderator, and that makes you DIFFERENT!
    in what regard? ?well, setting an example would be nice. ?no one is disputing your right to an opinion. ?but perhaps being slightly.. ok, a lot, more civil about it would have been a better approach. ?you went out of your way to degrade someone. ?i'm sure there were some other people on the boards that felt it was a rather uninteresting topic, but you don't see any of them getting all high and mighty about it.

here's what i'm saying: ?as a staffer, i would assume your staffer duties would be to uphold the environment intended for the boards. ?i'd like to quote the message forum front page: ?"We want everyone to enjoy themselves".
    hmm, yeah, kinda hard for someone to enjoy themselves when a moderator is ripping them apart for starting a thread he didn't find too terribly important.

so you see, as a moderator, you are different. ?how can regular members of the board be expected to act accordingly to what they agreed to, when some of the people regulating can't even do it themselves?
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TrueGamer @ Jan. 10 2003,13:14)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I just read the Avalanche 2 and different Aerith threads, and I must say, the RPG gamer staff started the whole thing.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I'd kindly like to point you to LordBrian's original post in this thread, he explained why this happened.

There was no plans to lock the thread, it was simply stated that the thread was rather stupid and pointless. That does not constitute a direct insult to LionHeart012, and I think many people who have been here a long time would agree. Ever since Final Fantasy 7 came out (again, *5+* years ago), we have listened to this same subject get beat into the ground again and again. The subject has been buried and dead for a long time, and I don't think any staffer is out of line for commenting on how inane it is to start the whole thing up again.

It was LionHeart who made a comment directed specifically at LordBrian, and that is why the topic was locked. At that point, the line is drawn, and Lionheart should have gone through the proper channels. Instead of doing so, he chose to create an identical thread.

I think that the moderators were very tolerant. He had plenty of chances to explain what he did, or make amends for it, and chose not to. It's nobody's fault he got banned but his own.
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"It was LionHeart who made a comment directed specifically at LordBrian, and that is why the topic was locked. At that point, the line is drawn, and Lionheart should have gone through the proper channels. Instead of doing so, he chose to create an identical thread.

I think that the moderators were very tolerant. He had plenty of chances to explain what he did, or make amends for it, and chose not to. It's nobody's fault he got banned but his own.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    i just want to point out that i *DO* agree about what happened with the aerith threads. ?starting the same topic over and over after it was locked wasn't bright, and lionheart should have taken different action, through aforementioned different channels.
    the only thing i have disagreed with in this whole situation is what transpired in the Avalanche II thread.
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (generator @ Jan. 10 2003,14:32)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"here's what i'm saying: ?as a staffer, i would assume your staffer duties would be to uphold the environment intended for the boards. ?i'd like to quote the message forum front page: ?"We want everyone to enjoy themselves".[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I consider keeping conversation on the boards fresh and interesting to be one of our jobs. As I have said before, which nobody seems to want to recognize, this was NOT a new discussion, but a very old one, and one that has caused problems in the past.

In doing that job, a comment was made about the topic. Instead of taking it to heart and finding something exciting to talk about, or even simply acknowledging an opinion and continuing on, he chose to make a huge issue of it and approach it from the wrong angle.

We can't be held responsible for people who don't want to think before they act.

As for what transpired in the Avalanche II thread, that was of his own doing. After pulling the stunt he pulled with the Aeris threads, and then creating duplicate screen names, *then* assuming we were all too stupid to notice, it's no wonder he drew the ire of some of the staffers. We all contribute to this site, and it means something to us as well - are we supposed to simply ignore any disrespect and pretend it never happened?

This discussion has been closed.