If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Netherworld - OOC

Comments

• envydeienvydei Traveler Full Members
    edited July 2009
    okay guys, here's the word on what you can all do by now with your new splicings.

George - Being a golem, george now is a good bit slower than his normal self, however, his speed has almost entirely been converted into strength and resilience. As Cyrano mentioned, no teen hosfa's knife will be giving him trouble now. That being said, a grown hosfa or a higher ranked demon, or various other stronger (age usually equates to strength) species could fight George normally. George can also track people who have traveled over rock by looking into the rocks and reading footprints and talking to natural rocks (he can't talk to cobblestone, for example. only rocks in a natural environment). In addition, George has gained very basic geomancy. He can manipulate pebbles and can harden or soften rocks. George has also lost his ability to swim.

Carter - Carter has gained the power of a cervidexae and is now a member of the order of the elk. (Each beastman species has an order, this is what separates them from anthropomorphs) Carter can find out about a lot more happenings in Necros by talking to his elk brethren. In addition, Carter now has a rage mode. During rage mode (which happens after a notable non-self inflicted wound has been sustained) Carter's horns will grow immensely, and his body will become satyr-like (for now). His speed will increase, as will his strength. Carter also gains an innate animal instinct which will inform him when danger is close by. If there are other cervidexae nearby, they will often aid Carter in battle due to kinsmanship. As such, he is expected to aid his brethren as well.
    edited July 2009
    Posted all elemental spells and descriptions of the elemental magic disciplines.

Be aware, combinations are always allowed. However, a combination must exist between two different types of elements. Be creative in making your combinations.
  • OushiOushi Member Full Members
    edited July 2009
    Bolts, I hope you're aware that there's a pacifist and a 14 year old girl in the party.
    edited July 2009
    by the way, those of us who studied spells back in Nick's place may now possess two elemental spells of the four basic elements. (either the first two spells of one school or two beginner spells of nonopposing elements)

GORN, I'm going to say that Carter now has the ability to cure basic injuries and give people a slight boost of vigor in combat.

Now go: amend thy profiles.

EDIT: also, if you have a doppelekereft balance and have been studying, you now have three spells as opposed to others two.

• ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    edited July 2009
    What does George's "geomancy" count as?
    ClixPsi.png
    edited July 2009
    because George has geomancy via splicing, it is a skill. He will be able to wield it with increasing effectiveness the longer he remains as a golem, but if he splices into something else, he will lose the abilities. However, afterward, he will have a stronger ability to learn earth magic and build up to geomancy quicker. The only way to permanently learn a spell/mancy is to study and master it. If it is mastered, you may splice again and again but you will still know all of your spells and mancies that you mastered through study. In addition, George's geomancy, I should note, is not as powerful as geomancy of a full-blooded golem or a master geomancer. He can control enemy spells up to a small degree as well as use earth mancy. However, against a master earth mage (not a mancer, a mage) George would still lose. George does have the unique race abilities of earth-morphing and rock communication as well.
  • KhanKhan Heh heh Full Members
    edited August 2009
    Okay, so Dei has told me he wants this side-mission done by the end of tomorrow. It's just a fight with a reward at the end, so if y'all would post, that'd work out nice.
    edited August 2009
    Status magic posted to the almanac. Will begin work on illusionary.
    edited August 2009
    yay. posting's back.
    edited August 2009
    I updated Solandra's profile to reflect her current status.
    edited August 2009
    addition: Added Bruce, and Doc's profiles.

Also: By now, the people who began studying elemental magic at Nick's house will have three spells, if they have a doppelekereft balance, then they will have four spells.

GORN: you may add the next two spells of status magic to your arsenal of spells.

Also, remember to keep track of both your initial and current karma. You can do what I did and make it two separate categories. Your current karma will fluctuate as it drains when you splice, remember.

George's Karma is now at 0.

• SukeSuke Sexy Back Full Members
    edited August 2009
    ...Disregard...

So close...And yet so far...
    edited August 2009
    suke, there is no way ramona could have cast phoenix....I will act as though it never happened.. thus, the bullet still connected...remember people, don't cheat and do spells outside of your boundaries.
    edited August 2009
    update Judy's profile to say Faerie: Her karma rating is now at 6. Also, there is now a random possibility for anyone during any splicing venture to gain full mastery of their new races powers from the get-go. It's completely by chance, mind you.
    edited August 2009
  • GORNGORN Member Full Members
    edited August 2009
    Yo. Just letting you guys know our modem is fried. Posting will be limited for me and my brother for several days.
    Wait. Did I spell that right?
    edited August 2009
    That's fine.

Anyways, Khan, as a Faerie, you've pretty much got the right idea so far. The main downside to corpumancy is that it begins very slow and grows faster the longer you stay a Faerie. Right now, you need to be very close to a target to begin controlling them. Your strings move slowly, so catching an opponent by surprise would probably be best. Also, you cannot control organs yet. Muscles and bones, yes. limbs, yes. Organs and bodily functions, no. thought, no.

Bolts. As a Drow, you do not gain a quicker mastery of magic. You do gain supersensory perception, meaning you can sense nearly anything within 50 yards of you. (This power is null and void in the inner wired, since space isn't fixed.) In addition, you gain a unique ability like a demon. Your ability is teleportation. You can port to anywhere within eyesight of Damien (helpful given that in addition to supersenses, you gain a telescopic sight of 50 additional yards (given no obscuring factors))Teleporting other objects can be done with anything not connected to another object, if it's dimensions are no greater than 10 feet by 10 feet by 10 feet. Like everyone else, the longer you stay a Drow, the more your senses and teleportation powers will grow.
  • BoltsBolts This made France awesome. Full Members
    edited August 2009
    So....

nightcrawler02_lrg.jpg

Basically?
    que?
    edited August 2009
    'cept his hair's long.... so more like the one in X-men evolution.. oh, and no tail..

Anyway, summoning magic has been posted.
    edited August 2009
    Suke, beginning at midnight, you have one week to run your quest.

Edit: midnight EST

edited August 2009
    I am now in control of Suke's mission due to a faulty internet connection he is experiencing.
    edited September 2009
    Spell update: Ramona now knows up through flare. Kiyoshi has learned status magic up to cure. Carter has learned status magic up through mote. Desoto has learned earth magic up through clar. and Bolts, since you seemed to want to know about barriers, I'm going to say you've learned the first spell of Q'yth-az, the Judge. D1-Cubism. Amend thy profiles
  • SukeSuke Sexy Back Full Members
    edited September 2009
    Updated spells and added teh profile of Dick, the wise old man.
    So close...And yet so far...
  • GORNGORN Member Full Members
    edited September 2009
    I didn't see Clix's post when I made mine. So, I modified it. Now it's Ramona instead of George.
    Wait. Did I spell that right?
    edited September 2009
    Hey everybody, how you all liking Necros? Just wanted to say, arc 1 should be ending fairly soon as we draw closer to our battle against Kyriel. With this in mind, I advise you begin conceptualizing a Necrotian for the next arc.

For those that don't know, after this arc, we will play an arc as a team of native Necrotians who work for Vulcan. Their job entails going out and performing whatever assignment Vulcan might have them on to ensure that no nation or faction begins accruing weapons to begin a war. Naturally, this party will be much more skilled than the main party. Talk to me about what exactly should be the limits of your characters power.

Uploaded profile for occasional ally: Monica Pucianna

and with that, continue having fun
    edited September 2009
    okay, assuming you all train like you should. By the end of the week, here's what you should be able to do.

Desoto: Earth magic up to Bur
    Ramona: Fire magic up to Rockecha
    Damien: Cubism, Dismission, and a very weak version of reduction.
    Daniel: Status magic up to Per (ability to activate rage mode on command)
    George: able to do basic body morphing abilities.
    Judy: what I described.
    Kiyoshi: status magic up to Clesta

amend thy profiles. (AND ACTUALLY DO IT THIS TIME)
    edited October 2009
    Posted my character for the next arc.
    edited October 2009
    do not post until I begin arc 1B
    edited October 2009
    I'll add this fellow to the character sheet, too.

Name: Gaius Iurex
    Sex: Male
    Nationality: Archimede

Abilities: Diplomatic; very good liar

Current: -4 (Gaius likes being a Yuharan, but has some karmatics in case he must splice.)

Personality: Gaius has a heart as cold as his race would suggest. He doesn't make many friends and those he does act friendly towards are merely pawns. All he truly cares about is taking over the world.

Ambitions: Rule the world

Dislikes: Fire; when things go wrong.

Romances: He feigns love with several high ranking members of the Vulcan government.

Appearance: Gaius looks rather typical for a Yuharan. He stands 6'6", bears the usual white hair that falls to center of the back and has pale skin, and, as all Yuharans do, lacks any kind of pupils. He dresses in the typical work uniform, a black, formal business suit.

Background: Gaius was a relatively normal Yuharan until his late 100s. During that time he became rather bored with everything he had, and as he searched and searched for someway to entertain himself, he slowly began to realize there was something dark inside of his heart. The desire for power grew and grew until Gaius was sure of this: he would take Vulcan by force, and become the new King of the World. However, Gaius was necessarily a political person, so he instead found work as a Vulcan Enforcer, something he was actually good at. He figured being this close to the government would allow some of the politics to rub off on him, and once he had a smattering of diplomacy under his belt, he was ready to began the next phase of his grand scheme.
    Race: Yuhara
    National balance: Archimede
    Aarmor: Ice
    Weapons: A pair of spiked gloves, just like claws.
    Class: Interrogator

Magic:

Kryomancy (Ice)

Light Magic:
    S - Lum – a lighting spell that casts a small ball of light to illuminate an area.
    S2 - Ierre- if any moderately usable reflective surface is available in 100 meters, the caster can see the image reflected by it from as far as 100 meters away.
    S3 - Pika – sucks away all present darkness (only usable indoors)
    T - Tona – (only usable during the day) allows user to teleport to anywhere there is visible light. (within 100 meters). This spell can only be used once per encounter. (though usage amount grows by one per encounter)
    M - Sol – allows user to bypass any attack for 2 minutes (only usable once per encounter)

• ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Posted Crois's profile. I'm still thinking of his mimicked abilities.
    ClixPsi.png