If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Netherworld - OOC

Comments

• SukeSuke Sexy Back Full Members
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for making think of Emilie/Ramona <_<
    So close...And yet so far...
  • envydeienvydei Traveler Full Members
    edited February 2010
    you mean you hadn't thought of that already? I mean, she's hit on nearly everyone in the party at some point.

In other news, 1000 POSTS!!!!!
  • SukeSuke Sexy Back Full Members
    edited February 2010
    Okay you got me, I had already thought of it.
    So close...And yet so far...
    edited February 2010
    Okay, for future reference. When on Earth, I might say death.. what I mean is "for all practical purposes, they are dead."
    edited March 2010
    All right everyone! If you want any kind of special ride for our cross country road trip, detail it here!!!!
  • BoltsBolts This made France awesome. Full Members
    edited March 2010
    Since it'd actually be fairly difficult for Lee to drive with his tail, I figured I'd just design a group vehicle.

Name: Pedo Wagon
    Main Body: Windowless Ford Van.
    Outer Plating: Several mufflers spot welded across the exterior to for armor.
    Axel and Wheels: Modified with the axel and tires of an original hummer.
    Weapons:
    Hood: Mounted with a cast iron cage for ramming objects out of the way.
    Side Panels: Two mounted 50 caliber machine guns. The base's have been attached in such a way that they can be turned up to 180 degrees. The firing of these is left up to the passengers in the back seat, one of which has to be Lee as there is only one seat with a hole carved into the back large enough to fit his tail.

que?
  • KhanKhan Heh heh Full Members
    edited March 2010
    Since Silas would refuse to ride in anything with "Pedo" in its name. . .

Name: Whatever Silas decides to call it, he'd be hard-pressed to tell anyone else.
    Body: Harley-Davidson Chopper
    Modifications: A stop sign is welded to each side of the motorcycle, pointing forward and level with the ground. The idea is to run into things with it, though these attachments greatly reduce the maneuverability of the vehicle.
    edited March 2010
    It has recently come to my attention (through observations and several questions) that the chapters that take place in between the main story are somewhat distracting and (through my noticing as well) don't have as much interest put into them as the main story gets. For this reason, I will be severely expediting these chapters in the future. For now, I will create a post to get us to the main fight of this sub-chapter, and then return us to Necros once we've completed that. Arc III shall begin at that point, and I will address the new method of handling the side-chapters when the time comes.
    edited March 2010
    Hear ye hear ye!

The RPG's will be starting up again soon. There won't be any sort of official ceremony I think, but posting shall return shortly. Arc 3 Will begin in Netherworld when everyone has done their narratives. In addition, I have begun posting metaphysical magic on the almanac and have decided that Judy's lynx never existed. Keep an eye out for the profiles of our opponents in the upcoming tournament.

Oh yeah, that reminds me, I'm leaving it up to you all to come to a decision to decide how we're gonna divide the party into two teams. We have ten people currently, so it should make an even 5 and 5 team. Teams can be a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6.
  • KhanKhan Heh heh Full Members
    edited March 2010
    Here’s a narrative:

For the duration of the group’s separation, Judy has lived Vassalla, a faerie-exclusive monastery near the heart of Lumina, learning the ways of her new people. Faerie culture is sophisticated and strict, and it has affected the way she acts. Essentially, she isn’t the same bubbly, emotional person she was on Earth.

Judy has changed physically as well. Her body is thinner, her skin, hair and eyes are lighter, and all of her movements are graceful and deliberate. She now wears a flowing white robe, embroidered with traditional faerie symbols. She doesn’t have that spear any more.

As for magical abilities, she has rigorously practiced her corpumancy, being surrounded by some of the best teachers possible. In addition, she has begun fortifying her racial skills with two metaphysical magics, kinesomancy and neuromancy. With these additional controls over mind and movement, very few fall outside of her sphere of manipulation. (I don’t know exactly how advanced her corpumancy should be, or even the names of the metaphysical spells she will have. That’s up to Dei.)

In other news, these are my suggestions for teams. I tried to factor in each character’s role in battle, possible synergies, and social relationships. Essentially, there should be a reason for each person being where they are (it might not be a great one, though).

<span style="text-decoration:underline">A Team</span>
    Desoto
    Judy
    Daniel
    Lundy
    Fyodor

<span style="text-decoration:underline">Another Team</span>
    Nick
    George
    Ramona
    Damien
    Rena
    edited March 2010
    Sounds good. Your narrative is fine here, but also, if people have typed up their narrative to be part of the narration (Desoto does this) then you may post it in the actual thread as well.
    edited March 2010
    Malaria and I still need to finish the final scene. When does he get back anyway?
    que?
    edited March 2010
    He should be back now.
    edited April 2010
    Arc 3 has begun. Emilie should be around to pick everyone up soon. In other news, congrats to Bolts and malaria for easily the longest and most in-depth narrative... seriously guys, wow.
  • InsaneWhisperInsaneWhisper Better dig your heels in Full Members
    edited April 2010
    So yeah, since there's been time passing and all that joy, I figured I'd just stick up my profile edits here so that you lazy folks (XD) don't have to go searching through the original to find changes.

New Details for Rena (woo!)

Abilities: Added her equivalent of parkour (she obviously wouldn’t know what it’s called) and can now use throwing knives

Personality: During her time in Necros she’s become fairly indifferent about death and killing. She is getting better at remembering names, though she still will come up with nicknames when she first meets people (sometimes they make no sense or seem unrelated).

Ambitions: doesn’t really care anymore

Dislikes: Same as before with the addition of large forests, large trees, and hiking

Appearance: She has blond short messy hair (most of it got burned earlier in Archimede and it’s been growing back) that covers her pointed ears. She now wears a faded grey/green coat which she has added a bunch of pockets padded to (all of her pockets are padded now because it helps to muffle the noise her weapons make), army-green (no, not camo) cargo pants, and a grey t-shirt. She goes barefoot most of the time now so that she has more control of her feet grip-wise while fighting, and it helps her go faster since she isn't wearing the boots. She still has a few random trinkets, though knives have now filled most of her pocket-space (in addition to her usual random assortment of knives, she has added quite a few throwing knives with several different sizes to choose from to her growing collection).

Weapons: Knives and other small hand-to-hand weapons, throwing knives, and the two enchanted knives (one wind, one fire)

Spells: Mastered Smoke

Skills: telepathy; can sense living or magically controlled things up to 1 kilometre away; able to sense and hone in on particular magical or living creatures (able to find it as long as she knows in general what she is looking for); she can communicate the same message to up to 10 people at the same time so long as she knows their names/faces; she can read one person’s mind for a maximum of 1 minute at a time if she focuses and there are no interruptions etc., and she can move up to ten objects (non-sentient) about the size of a small bowl for a distance of 10 meters around her.
    edited April 2010
    Finally edited Damien's profile to include the new spells and skills.
    que?
    edited April 2010
    I'll be posting the profiles for our fellow competitors as they get called up to fight.
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    edited April 2010
    Updated profile.
    ClixPsi.png
    edited April 2010
    For those who didn't see it, here are the full tournament brackets, as well as team listings. This post will be updated as team members are traded around as the tournament progresses. Profiles will be in a separate post.

Division I
    Sheol Roar: Hildegarde Delfina, Scion Ashcroft, Friedrich Nuremberg, Cera Dupont
    vs.
    Knights of the Order 1: Musashi Thompson, Flower Shinebright, Britney Smith, Maria Metre, Hassim Bhalani, Polly Johnson

Team A: Lundy Rivers, George Ashcroft, Nick Eckleburg, Ramona Sparks, Damien Caldwell
    vs.
    Vulcan Filler Team: Jack Stone, Miatta Singue, Kim Delouche, Johann von Faustus
    Division II
    Knights of the Order 2: Jenny Rockyhara, Romana Metals, Donald von Ciafuna XII, Moon bear, Hiro Mitsurugi
    vs.
    Wisemen: Caspar, Melchior, Balthasar

!!!RODGORT: Sammy Martin, Justine Suissa, G
  • icbmalariaicbmalaria Let Mom sleep Full Members
    edited April 2010
    Alright, here's my updated profile.

name: Lundy Rivers

personality: He's almost the same, except less naive and less rash. Thanks to Damien he picked up on swearing.

ambitions: get back to Earth, save his family and bring them to Necros

dislikes: same as before, but his new biggest one being Captain Nuremberg

appearance: looks the same but he's a bit taller and stronger now. Now he wears a blue jacket over a white t-shirt, and dark blue jeans. He still has the same pair of worn-out, gray tennis shoes.

race: Isra

national balance: Lumina

weapons: Ax

spells: Mastered Water
    Ice magic up to Fro

skills: Fusion
  • InsaneWhisperInsaneWhisper Better dig your heels in Full Members
    edited April 2010
    Alrighty here's my character for team C which I believe we decided to name !!!RODGORT.

Name: Sammy Martin

Sex: Male

Nationality: Doppelekereft

Abilities: Farming (not that likes to), several fighting styles (most incomplete due to loss of interest) though he’s only sticking to one at the moment (he enjoys the challenge), which is merely just fighting with his chain-sickle ((yeah there’s a name for the style, but it isn’t easily recognizable by it’s name and it doesn’t translate well so just go with it))

Personality: He often jumps from one interest to another. He doesn’t like being controlled or used, though if in a situation where he and someone else are using each other he’s perfectly okay with it. He doesn’t like doing the same things over and over, and only does things he finds interesting. As soon as he loses interest he moves on to something else. In fights if nothing interests him he is prone to not participate unless it’s to get it over with quickly so that he can move on.

Ambitions: To do interesting things

Dislikes: Being bored, repetition, being controlled or used, people who think they know what is best for others (especially those who lie or manipulate to achieve their goals in this area)

Romances: None, though he’ll probably get around to it eventually

Appearance: Like his entire race he is tall with long white hair, light skin, and has blank eyes. He keeps his hair tied up in a ponytail at the base of his neck and wears small wire glasses. He wears an old brown leather jacket over a light blue shirt, leather gloves, and blue jeans and black sneakers.

Background: He grew up in a secluded village that kept to itself. The village had a very strong aversion to the outside world and even went so far as to scare the children into thinking the outside world was evil. As soon as he was able to be useful he was helping around the family farm. After something like 125 years he got fed up with having to do the same thing every year and decided to leave the village despite the stories the elders told of the dangers of the outside world. When he got into normal society he quickly discovered that it was nothing like the villagers had said which angered him greatly. Due to his great resentment of the way he had been brought up he has little patience with things he feel are boring, and he hates it when people try to control him.
    He went to school (his original schooling was very small-minded) where he spent a few decades on several different career possibilities before he got tired of the structured atmosphere and set off to learn magic for a while. After that he decided to learn how to fight because of the variety of styles. He spent more time on fighting than he had on his schooling and magic by far, but recently started to get bored because of a lack challenge in the area he was in. Because of this he set off travelling again. One day he ran into Justine Suissa because he randomly decided to get his fortune told. He decided she was interesting enough to stick with for a while. Eventually they came across Günther Anderson who was playing his violin on the streets. Sammy instantly dubbed Anderson for convenience’s sake. They went around together for a bit before deciding to join the tournament (Sammy was a big supporter of the idea because he was getting bored doing nothing).

Race: Yuhara

National Balance:

Weapons: Chain-sickle ((google it))

Armour:

Class:

Spells: Mastered Light, Mastered Status Magic (M1-Ashborn)

Skills: create ice, become ice, reform from ice; fast and able to climb up any surface capable of supporting ice
    edited April 2010
    Here's this lady for that one team that I had to help make

Name: Justine Suissa
    Sex: Female
    Nationality: Halcyon, Lumina

Abilities: cold reading, crafting voodoo dolls, “foreseeing” the future

Personality: She is a deceiving and manipulative lady. She’s not evil, just kinda strange. She’s very discrete about using people and appears to be fairly timid. Though the longer she spends with someone, the more comfortable she gets with them.

Ambitions: Be revered as the greatest psychic ever and have total control whenever she wants to be in control. Controlling those against their will. She has control issues. Oh, also she wants to start her own cult, one that practices voodoo and sacrificial rituals and has a deep connection to nature.

Likes: Voodoo, sacrifices, being in control, horror stories, singing, violins, romance movies

Dislikes: People who talk too much or too loud or that mock her fortune telling. And people she can’t control.

Romances: Looking for love in all the wrong places (she’s really been trying but it turns out you can’t force someone to love you)

Appearance: She is a thin woman, around 5’10’’. Her short black hair extends almost to her shoulders. Her skin is pale and her eyes are dark. Usually wears a dark blue dress-cloak sorta thing and always wears an assortment of colorful jewelry. She is fairly pretty but there’s something about her that just seems “off”.

Background: Justine was born and raised in Halycon, a small town near the sea in Lumina. At an early age she became obsessed with predicting the future, hence her career. She also discovered the wonderful world of voodoo and fell in love with it as well. She runs her own store where she sells the dolls she makes and other occult things. After meeting Sammy and Gunther, she agreed to enter the tournament with them.

Race: Siren

Weapons: Voodoo dolls. She has tons of them.

Armor: None. She’s physically and defensively pretty weak.

Spells: Mastered Time Magic

Skills: She can lure people into a hypnotic state with her voice, though she has to be within a certain range to do this. She also possesses the ability to fly, but can’t stay up in the air as long as she pleases.

• GORNGORN Member Full Members
    edited April 2010
    I apologize for not posting. I have been generally distracted, so I have decided to let Daniel's escapades up until the tournament remain a mystery for now. He will also be slightly more removed than before, but I'll try to post more now.
    Wait. Did I spell that right?
  • LordBlahLordBlah Member Full Members
    edited April 2010
    My two newest for the tourney

Name: Jack Stone

Sex: Male

nationality: English (Great Britain)

abilities: Gun cleaning/repair, general mechanical knowledge, explosives, aiming, steady hands

personality: Tends to sneer on those ‘lesser’ than him, womanizer, likes to fight, laugh, drink, and have a good time .Still, he loves his friends, and is a pretty simple guy with simple needs all around.

ambitions: To find a nice house on the beach. Warm sun, beautiful women, and all the martinis he can drink.

likes: booze, old zombie movies, womanizing, cool coats, his guns.

dislikes: Seriousness, yelling, hurrying, bossy people.

romances: No serious relationships, many passing.

appearance: Medium length black hair, narrow eyes, and a five o’ clock shadow. Medium build. Wears most t-shirts and jeans, though sometimes goes with semi-formal attire.

Background: Grew up in the heart of London, he followed in his Father’s footsteps of becoming a gunsmith at the local shop. When that became ‘boring’, he moved out to the countryside for a more peaceful environment and started his own shop. Not too much eventful has happened in his life.

Since arriving on Necros, he has joined a team of survivors, much like the main party, and had his own adventures and exploits. He recently split off from the group in order to seek his fortune at the tournament.

Race: Jackanape

National Balance: Doppelkereft

weapons: Double Crossbows, explosive powder, assortment of ‘specialty’ arrows, two combat knives.

armor: Long gunner coat. Leather, not too much protection, but plenty of room for armaments.

class: Ranger

spells: ~none~

skills:
    1. Rapid Shot: Shoots off several arrows in a short span of time(about .76 seconds). Requires reloading afterwards.
    2. Arrow Nexus: Bounces around an opponent at lightning speeds, firing off arrows at the target from all angles.
    3. Super Jump: Jumps as hard as he can, hiding himself in the sun’s glare or in the darkness of night. Coming down at super-sonic speeds, he attempts to slice or stab the opponent with his knives. Shooting is ineffective, due to he is traveling faster than arrows.

Name: Kim Delouche

Sex: Female

nationality: Vulcan

abilities: Control of Blood flow (both in and out of the body) aquamancy, hemomancy, water-merge, water commune, blood-merge, proficiency with machines.

personality: Tends to be a bit awkward...if she doesn't realize it. Will blurt out randomly in conversations on whatever's on her mind, no sense of personal space, has an eternal, malicious grin stuck onher face, made VERY creepy with the teeth. A berserker caring nothing of her own safety or others, only for the kill. She is quite the tactician, but you wouldn't know it from her usual escapades. She likes having fun over all else, even if her definition is a bit flawed. Likes to tinker with materials in her spare time.

ambitions: None.

likes: Blood (obviously), the color red, birds, terrible jokes that noone else laughs at, a good, complicated machine.

dislikes: Being 'cheap', a stubborn opponent, weakness, people trying too hard to be charming

romances: Flirts with many, none stable.

appearance: Red tailcoat, black corset underneath, black slacks, red glasses. Torso clothing is intertwined with Razor-wire. Sharpened teeth, Long-red hair that hangs out free. Fair skin, youthful appearance.

Background: Not much is known about her, though many passing stories float around small towns of the ‘Red Witch’, the one who can disappear from sight in an instant, slaughters for fun, with an unquenchable thirst fro blood. Recently, she has settled into the Mercenary trade, lending her skills to whom she thinks she will have the most fun with.

Race: Demon (spliced Naiad)

National Balance: Nod
    weapons: Two custom-built chainsaws (red and black, respectively), named Wriggle and Boil.

armor: None

class: Berserker

spells: ~none~

Don't come too close, I bite.
  • TheUncertaintyTheUncertainty Double Rainbow Full Members
    edited April 2010
    Character I made for one of the teams.

Name: G
    edited April 2010
    NOTE: Dei, correct me if I am off or what-not.
    ClixPsi.png
    edited April 2010
    you're pretty much right. the actual process is a bit different, though it would probably have been written down in some cryptic message like that, so george is good for now.
    edited April 2010
    So, recently Clix grouped together my RPG's into a collective series that he dubbed the "World" series. So, out of boredom and interest, I've decided to sort of do the same thing that Clix did with Hallum. It's a character popularity contest. Now, I know some of you won't know most of these characters, but try to vote too. This is purely a popularity contest, and should be fun. I'll provide a short description after each character to help jog some memories or give a brief intro to those who are new.

Select two from each four person matchup.

1. Karis Shantel (Harpy songstress, professor of bastlings) vs. Acacia Drakmore (super-lych) vs. Miguel Lamara (Thunder rebel) vs. Zion Mendel (vampire sleeper agent of darkness)

2. Friedrich Nuremberg (Ahab, hater of Lundy) vs. Lundy Rivers (young boy, woobie) vs. Alessandra Chopin (lazy sniper, knight of sapphire) vs. Myros Sage (the Canadian)

3. Kamille Gautier (awesome guitarist, unicorn, AP soldier) vs. Lillian Sinclair/Chaos (knight of black, poor poor girl) vs. Sera Dukas (evil scientist) vs. Damien Caldwell (evil vet, evil teacher)

4. Rena/Lilith (young girl, berserker personality) vs. John Hailstorm (heavy drinker, electric scythesman) vs. Gwen Llengwrd X (ninja, phoenix, pyromancer) vs. Emilie Jessabelle Wolfsbane (Vulcan employee, commander of Enforcer Squad 70)

5. Iggy McCain (pimp, eccentric weapon user) vs. Kiyoshi Kimura (monk, meta-berserker, dead) vs. Frieda Ruby (leader of la resistance, romance play director) vs. Satan (personification of wrath, cheerleader)

6. Menoekius (ancient one, beyond the impossible boss) vs. Vera Lane (nice lady, berserker chloromancer) vs. Oceanus (ancient one, big fish) vs. Lady Luck (personification of luck, rich person)

7. Andettle Drakmore (tank captain, aquamancer, mercenary) vs. Katschei the Deathless (deathless, Russian, old) vs. Vera Lance (Luminan engineer, meta-Xanatos extraordinaire) vs. Lemmy Kilmeister (Omnis of luck, funny luck)

8. Gaernzell Menciatti (mafia leader, actually a decent guy) vs. George Ashcroft (drug addict, not a decent guy) vs. Kyriel Baskin (crazy priest, zealot) vs. Gaseriah Hyuak (emperor of Earth, may or may not be a shapeshifter)

edited April 2010
    1. Karis Shantel (Harpy songstress, professor of bastlings) vs. Zion Mendel (vampire sleeper agent of darkness)

2. Lundy Rivers (young boy, woobie) vs. Myros Sage (Omnis of life, casual xanatos)

3. Kamille Gautier (awesome guitarist, unicorn, AP soldier) vs. Sera Dukas (evil scientist)

4. Gwen Llengwrd X (ninja, phoenix, pyromancer) vs. Emilie Jessabelle Wolfsbane (Vulcan employee, commander of Enforcer Squad 70)

5. Iggy McCain (pimp, eccentric weapon user) vs. Frieda Ruby (leader of la resistance, romance play director)

6. Vera Lane (nice lady, berserker chloromancer) vs. Lady Luck (personification of luck, rich person)

7. Katschei the Deathless (deathless, Russian, old) vs. Vera Lance (Luminan engineer, meta-Xanatos extraordinaire)

8. Gaernzell Menciatti (mafia leader, actually a decent guy) vs. George Ashcroft (drug addict, not a decent guy)
    ClixPsi.png
    edited April 2010
    Here's who I vote for. (I'm kinda biased with the netherworld characters though)

1. Acacia Drakmore (super-lych) vs. Miguel Lamara (Thunder rebel)

2. Friedrich Nuremberg (Ahab, hater of Lundy) vs. Lundy Rivers (young boy, woobie)

3. Lillian Sinclair/Chaos (knight of black, poor poor girl) vs. Damien Caldwell (evil vet, evil teacher)

4. Rena/Lilith (young girl, berserker personality) vs. Gwen Llengwrd X (ninja, phoenix, pyromancer)

5. Iggy McCain (pimp, eccentric weapon user) vs. Satan (personification of wrath, cheerleader)

6. Vera Lane (nice lady, berserker chloromancer) vs. Lady Luck (personification of luck, rich person)

7. Katschei the Deathless (deathless, Russian, old) vs. Vera Lance (Luminan engineer, meta-Xanatos extraordinaire)

8. George Ashcroft (drug addict, not a decent guy) vs. Gaseriah Hyuak (emperor of Earth, may or may not be a shapeshifter)