If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Netherworld

envydeienvydei TravelerFull Members
edited March 2012 in Saving Throw Gaming
"tu experimentar nuevo cambiones" Read Desoto's fortune cookie. He sat in a Chinese restaurant with his girlfriend Ginger, his friend Miguel, and Miguel's current squeeze, a girl named Ramona. Desoto read the fortune with little interest and set it aside. He didn't believe in fortunes, but felt they were a fun waste of time.

"Oi, hermano." Miguel said addressing Desoto. "vamos". He said. Ramona rubbed against Miguel's broad chest and Miguel looked like he wanted to get her home and perhaps go in with her as well. However, Miguel didn't have a car of his own, so he was pretty much dependent on Desoto for a ride. Desoto sighed "venga, venga." Desoto repeated tiredly as the four of them left, paying their bill on the way out. They approached Desoto's car, a 1965 perfectly restored, four-seat Thunderbird that he had inherited from his father. The car drove like a charm through the sunny streets of San Juan. Desoto dropped Miguel and Ramona off at Ramona's apartment, where Desoto told him to meet him up later that day. Ginger and Desoto drove through town some more and went shopping throughout the day. They weren't in that much of a rush, after all, the two already lived together in their own apartment. It was about sunset, and Desoto dropped Ginger off at his apartment. "Hasta pronto" Desoto called to Ginger as he went to pick up Miguel.

Miguel walked out of Ramona's apartment looking very pleased. "Gracias, hermano." Miguel said to his ride. "Oi, que sobre este chica?" Desoto said as the two drove off into the night.

"vere que chcia en cama, y 'that's all folks'." Miguel laughed.

Desoto did not find the joke funny as he was actually serious about his relationship with Ginger. He adjusted the gear on his car and was surprised to find that the stick did not respond. "..the hell?" Desoto exclaimed in English, as the car was not responding at all.

"Que el infierno!?!" Miguel called out incredulously. "parada cojones Desoto!" Miguel called out angrily.

"I can't.." Desoto said, not bothering to translate himself into Spanish. "the Car isn't responding!"

"Cabron!" Miguel cursed as the car skidded into an intersection and careened out of control.

Desoto fought madly with the stick-shift, but to no avail, the car careened out of control and hit a telephone pole. Plowing straight through, and killing the two passengers.

Comments

• GORNGORN Member Full Members
    edited July 2009
    “8:30? I got up too early,” thought Mr. Carter as he pulled into his parking space at the office. Random thoughts went through his mind as he made his way to the front. He barely got half-way to the front entrance after rounding the corner before a man hit the ground with a loud crunch, causing Mr. Carter to stagger back an fall over in surprise. He sat up and stared wide-eyed at the body. It was the old window washer that had been cleaning the windows of this office building since Mr. Carter’s father ran the place.
    “Must have had a heart attack an –,” he was thinking when he heard something from above. The last thing Mr. Carter saw was the window washer’s platform falling towards him.
    Wait. Did I spell that right?
  • BoltsBolts This made France awesome. Full Members
    edited July 2009
    “All right then Mrs. Graham.” Damien called from behind the counter at his clinic. “General Muffins will be fine. Just remember to keep him on his medication and don’t let him chew the stitches!” The maniacal vet called from behind the counter as he watched the woman leave with her English bulldog. “That mutt will be dead by morning…” Damien smiled, fairly pleased with yet another successful murder.

“Nurse. I think we’ve done enough good for one day, why don’t we close shop early tonight.” Damien allowed the aged woman to leave, her heavy feet echoing down the stair case as she left. Before leaving, Damien kept to his usual habits of checking the windows, doors, and medicine cabinets, ensuring that no one could open them to find that he didn’t have any real medicine in the building. “I always feel like I’m forgetting something…” He thought silently to himself as he made his way towards the stair case. Suddenly he felt himself falling. “What the devil?” Sure enough the murderous vet had slipped on a conveniently placed syringe, his neck snapping in two as his lifeless body fumbled down the stairs.
    que?
  • KhanKhan Heh heh Full Members
    edited July 2009
    “Clear!” The paramedic pushed the defibrillators into the man’s chest, making him jump slightly.

Judy turned her head to the back of the ambulance. “Has he stabilized?”

“No, we’re losing him! Just drive!”

Judy turned back, focused completely on getting to the hospital. The siren pushed her through the rush-hour traffic with little difficulty.

The ambulance reached an intersection, a red light. The cars slowed to a stop, and Judy pulled out. However, another car – someone in a hurry to get to work, no doubt – swerved out from behind another car, honking at the slow-poke. The driver realized his mistake quickly, but too late. The car smashed into the driver’s side of the ambulance, killing Judy on impact.
  • OushiOushi Member Full Members
    edited July 2009
    (Pop this into Babel Fish for some good fun.)

"????????????????????????????????????" The news was on in the staff room of Tomoeda Elementary, a simple little school in Tokyo, Japan.

"?????????????????????" thought Kiyoshi Kimura, a second-grade teacher at Tomoeda, as he graded the student's most recent test. Suddenly, a familiar chirping Kiyoshi recognized as his ring tone, called out from his pocket. He reached inside his pocket and pulled out the phone, "??! Fumiko!"

"????????????Kimura .....?????….???????????????????! ?????!" Kiyoshi put his phone back into his pocket and took his O-Juzu from his desk.

"Honda! ??????????????????!" Kiyoshi called out across the staff room to his fellow friend, and teacher.

"?????! ???Kimura!" Honda replied, smiling at the new father.

"?????!" Kimura gathered up the rest of his things and made his way out of the office, eager to get into his car and see his new-born son.

Ken Akira tapped his finger on his steering whee, waiting patiently for the light to become green. He was surprised, however, when he looked into his mirror and saw that there was another car, this one not so patient, and looked as if it was going to run this light. Ken looked at the intersection, and spotted an eighteen-wheeler that was on a collision course with the speeding car.

Deciding that there was little he could do, Ken just leaned back in his seat and watched as Kiyoshi and the eighteen-wheeler crashed in the middle of the intersection, the smaller car completely annihilated.

"??" Ken muttered.
  • SukeSuke Sexy Back Full Members
    edited July 2009
    "No!" A husky, balding man in a suit that was way to small for him stood up. A group of men and woman sat in a very large room. The large man was obviously angry. "The intersection stays! Do you realize how much money those surrounding shops would lose, if drivers had to waste time and gas, going through the nuisance of driving all the way around the residing roads?" Every person in the room look to theif right (besides the mayor who stood in the front facing everyone else. He looked to his left.) to see a little girl stand up. She wore a light blue dress, with a pink flower in her hair. She covered her mouth with her fist, coughing softly. "Ahem. I don't want to bring anyone down, but I have a little anecdote. Two weeks ago, on the particular intersection we are talking about, a woman and her two boys, 4 and 12, were driving down this road, on their way to the family's home. Coming from the other horizontal direction was an 18-wheeler. The traffic light was out I think you see where this is going. That light is still out. And even we the light was fine, this intersection has had an alarming rate of casualties and crime. It definetly has to do with the constant traffic of the roads. Unless you want more innocent drivers to die because of your stupidity, you'll get rid of one of the two intersecting roads." The room filled with talking and then dissapated into laughing and clapping. The girl turned her head to look at the clock. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a class." The little girl ran out the door.

Ramona strolled down the sidewalk in the summer sun, talking a shortcut through the park. Of course she wasn't going to smile, but she did feel calm and peaceful as she looked at the flowers. As she continued to walk she stopped in her tracks, looking up at a large wall. On the way, in stylish graffiti, was a very long math equation. She stared for a few minutes before she head her name. She turned and - bang! Gunshot.
    So close...And yet so far...
  • LordBlahLordBlah Member Full Members
    edited July 2009
    Dusk, in a back alley in St. Petersburg...
    Alexander stood at his post at the back door of the bar, arms folded, headphones at their usual spot on his ears. His eyes were closed for his favorite song, his head bobbing up and down. A large shadow fell over his large form, causing his to open one eye and glance at the source. He immediately jumped to attention to greet his boss, whom was not pleased at the sight of his guard off duty. "Mister Drakovich, I warned you about your duties as my client...and yet you disobey me again. Why is this, Comrade?" he said in a thick Russian accent.
    "Please sir, it was a mistake, I..." Alexander said, looking the small man in the eye. "It is not this I am concerned about, mister Drakovich." interrupted the boss, very unpleased. He looked over the top of his stylish shades. "But your severe debt to be paid. I have not received a payment from you this month. Why is this, Alexander?" "Sir, I..."

The small man shot Alexander three times, straight through the heart.

"Enough of your excuses, comrade." he pocketed the small gun and walked out of the alley, never looking back once.

Don't come too close, I bite.
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    edited July 2009
    Man, is the bass busted again, sighed a scrawny teen boy laying back on his threadbare bed. The tiny apartment room had a single window, sealed shut with a moldy piece of wood taken from a closed down store in downtown Atlanta. The single light bulb in the room hung carelessly from slowly rotating fan. The burnt out bulb held fast to the cascade of wires, two of which had their insulation wearing away. The pitch black room seemed abandoned except for the teen and the volume of sound. The boy reached out and smacked the old boom box until it stopped pouring out screeching guitars and demented screams. However, the teen quickly figured out the problem. Though it stopped just a few seconds after he turned off his music, he heard two thumps from the floor. Damn *****, mentally retorted the boy as the woman on the floor below him stopped prodding the ceiling with her broomstick.

As boredom--a state of being young George rarely departed from--slowly suffocated the brat, George reached down to the floor and felt around for the nearest thing he could idly fiddle with. A very brief smile passed by his disgusting face as he picked up his lighter. He held before his face, flicking it on and off. Each brief fire danced across his face in the absolute darkness. In some way, George derived pleasure from killing each poor flame before the inanimate entity could take full blossom and bring a speck of hope to this hellhole.

Again, due to the wily muse of teenage boredom--a muse one will never see referenced in those terribly inaccurate books on Greek mythology, as there quite surely is such a fowl being--an idea dug itself out of the mud that was George's liquefied mind. Two days ago, after being out of touch with his connections of one and half years, George finally got a hold of a seller. In exchange for a month of electricity and water, George willingly forked up the cash to claim a golden egg he'd long missed. Sure, it wasn't a lot, but the shady seller promised the **** was of the highest quality. Like George gave a ****. Heroin was heroin; it was all overpriced but just what he wanted. George stood up and fumbled through the darkness, looking for his tourniquet. After a few minutes digging blindly through a pile of clothes dating from likely a month ago, George finally found his tourniquet.

Another couple of minutes passed as the less clairvoyant Tiresias searched for a rogue spoon and syringe. With his tools gathered, George stumbled back to his bed, dodging the mountain of pants. He got on his knees and fished around under his bed for his overpriced baggie. Finally, after twenty three minutes, George could finally get on with it. The sloth haphazardly poured the heroin in the spoon. He took his good hand (if he could call his left hand "good") and held the spoon in the air as his right wrestled with the lighter. George didn't take a second to question how much fuel he had left. Such preparation did not befit a man of George's standing.

About a minute passed until the room became dark. Lady Luck struck again. Son of a *****, grumbled George in his hollow head. That should have been long enough. Unable to except defeat, George tossed the dead lighter aside and picked up the syringe. Honestly, not even God would have known exactly how long ago it was until the syringe had been cleaned. To a sloven like George, such a concern failed to phase him. The syringe ate up the deadly elixir, and George took a deep breath as he jabbed the syringe into the old vein he used to inject into back before his parents' intervention. George waited a second for the euphoria to overtake him, but George failed to ascend to a faux Eden. The darkness exploded into life. Even with only his mediocre night vision, George could see black shapes dancing about, spiraling around him. His heart beat faster and faster as the phantoms raced around him at a blinding speed. And then total darkness.

((I'd like to thank Professor Dei for my course on Heroin 101. Otherwise there is no way in hell I could have made that one bit convincing.

Disclaimer: I nor Dei and certainly not RPGamer condone the use of drugs.))
    ClixPsi.png
  • envydeienvydei Traveler Full Members
    edited July 2009
    ((I'm going to bring in sat later))

"...good you're all waking up.." A voice rang in Desoto's head as he came to.

Desoto looked around to see that he was now in a seat, surrounded by at least 400 other people. The seat was in an auditorium adorned with high-powered blue lighting that shone down upon all present.

"Some of you may have been with friends.. I assure you, they'll probably be here as well." Called out the elderly voice again. Desoto looked up to see that at the front of this auditorium was a stage and on this stage was an elderly man. He looked like a normal person, save that his eyes were rounded and had a black tint to them.. that must've just been the lighting.

"Greetings and welcome to all of yoooooouu.." Said the old man at the front, a look of grimness on his face. "...All of yoooouu are people who have just recently died..." The man stated bluntly. "..If yoooouu search your memories, the last thing you'll find is some sort of thing that might've caused your death." He paused for a moment to let this sink in.

Desoto sat there in disbelief, as he retraced his memory, he remembered the car skidding out of control, the lights, his friend yelling, and then the crash. He looked around to see if-

And sure enough, Miguel was present, he sat at a different part of the auditorium, and while many people had looks of distress on their face. Miguel only looked interested. He looked intently at the old man to find out where they were and what had happened.

"any questions?" The old man asked the audience.

"So... is this what happens when we die? are we in heaven?...hell? purgatory?" The man who asked this sounded a slight bit worried.

"hoooooom.." the old man stated. "None of the above. See, earlier this day, a very tragic thing happened... the sovereign lord of your Earth died......I know none of yoooooouuu believe me, but you'll come to understand sooooooon enough that what I say is truuuuuue." the man went on.

"As such.. all judgments over what is tooooo be done with the recently departed is currently being put on hold.... and all the recently departed have been brought here instead."

"And where is here?" Desoto asked himself, while someone else asked the same question aloud.

"This." The man said, waving his arms around to indicate everything. "Is the world of Necros. A world that was once connected toooooo Earth and serves as a parallel world tooooo it. More specifically, this is the continent of Doppelekereft, the city-state of Crowley, and the civic stadium of said city-state."

Something suddenly dawned on Desoto. He looked around and saw people of all sorts of nationalities present. He then turned around and began speaking in Spanish to a man sitting next to him that looked like your run-of-the-mill American redneck who would not have bothered to learn another language. However, upon being asked the question. "what do you make of all this?" By Desoto, the man looked over and responded promptly. "I dunno... now hush up, and let's keep on listenin'."

Desoto turned to the man. "What have you done with our languages?" He asked, and was met with confused looks from the crowd.

"Oh, yes." The man said. "Perceptive one, I see. Well, yoooou see, since we had to gather everyone up from different parts of the world... we had no way of being sure yoooou'd all speak the same language.. so, we installed in yoooou a device known as the common-tongue. This device is a small chip that will translate the language of anyone you talk tooo intooo a language your brain will understand.. so, while you might speak arabic, a person whoooo hears it may hear yooouu speak english... or spanish...it depends on whoooo yoooou talk toooo."

"Why do you do that with your voice?" Asked someone else in the audience. "You some kinda owl?"

"Why, yes in fact." Said the old man. "I am an owl-harpy."

At this point, some people in the audience began laughing hysterically.

"Man, this guy's a riot. Does he honestly think we're gonna believe any of this!? Come on, where are the cameras!?" The man asked looking around.

"hoooom." The old man sighed. He looked angrily at the man who had insulted him, at least, he seemed angry, as his brow furrowed and his small bard began to cover his face. His eyes grew wider and his arms began to sprout feathers. The man turned around and, to put a finishing mark on it, turned his head in a 180 degree angle toward the man who had remarked on how ludicrous this all was.

"Don't believe me now?" Asked the old owl-harpy.

Much of the audience was silent.

"...despite what they say about owls being smart though, I'm incredibly forgetful.." The old man said after a moment of silence.. "Anyone have any questions?" He addressed the audience, not caring to change back into a more human form.
    edited July 2009
    Ramona raised her hand, and a few people around her were surprised to see a child, which frustrated her, but she ignored it. Ramona wasn't shocked by the owl harpy. "I have a few questions. How long will we be staying in...Necros, you called it? Also, this so called God died? How is it possible for someone so powerful to die? Was he murdered? If so, should we fear this more powerful being? And also, there are only about 400 people in this room. Where is everyone else who has died? In a different room? And finally, when do you expect things to return to 'normal'?" Ramona made air qoutes around the word normal. Quite a few people looked surprised by this girl asking these questions, because she looked younger than a fourteen year old girl.

edited July 2009
    "Quite a precocious youngster, aren't we?" the harpy said as he flew up toward the rafters, perching on one. "Your stay is something I can't tell yooooou.. yooooou could stay here for as long as yoooooou like, I suppose.. until yooooou die here, that is... the lifespan of those living in Necros is quite a bit longer than that of people living on Earth. However... ah, how best to explain this?" the owl questioned himself for words. "Please keep what I am about tooo say a secret.. Dooo yoou recall a book series called "The Chronicles of Narnia"? Time passes here in Necros similar tooooo how it passes in Narnia... 40 years here in Necros may only equate to a week or twoooo on Earth. Yes, the god of earth has died.. this is a natural occurence in the world of the gods..however, I'm not an expert on that subject matter, I would suggest finding a Luminarian for that.." The owl seemed to muse. "He was not murdered.. his time was just up..and yes, there are only 438 people here. This is because your Earth has been quarantined... Death has effectively left the planet Earth for the time being.. yoooou are the ones whoooo died on the same day your worlds sovereign ruler died... thus, yooou have avoided judgment, and are left here instead... As for when I expect things toooo return toooo normal...I know not.. this is the first time something such as this has happened in my life time.. I received word the other night from an agent of the upper gods, high priest Eila, that your worlds god had died. Since time passes quicker here, I have spent the last few days rounding up all the recent arrivals and gathering them here..I don't know much else about when yooou all will return, if at all."

Desoto took this all in calmly. He was intrigued, but did want to return home to Ginger. He figured he'd simply wait and see how things played out.

Miguel on the other hand, seemed enthralled by all of this, almost like an excited child.
    edited July 2009
    Ramona was excited as well, but like always, she kept calm. "Thank you, sir." She showed a very small smile. She was a avid read of C.S.S Lewis. "Lewis is a wonderful author." Ramona made a point to remember the term 'Luminarium'. She did want to learn more. "I'm sorry for all this questions, but I have just one more. "What is there to do here? I'm quite bored."

edited July 2009
    "Oh yes.. what will be done with yoooooou." The owl-harpy said. "After I've answered any questions, you'll be brought toooo an adjoining room and undergo medical screenings.. then you'll all be separated into groups and be given a guide tooo accompany yoouuu as yoooou live in our world.. a kind of parent, if yooooou will. As for what there is toooo doooo around the world of Necros... I can't really answer that and not keep yoooouuu all here for ages.." the owl-harpy said. "Though I would be wary... some may not be tooooo keen on humans."
    edited July 2009
    Judy watched the scene before her, letting the harpy's words sink in. "Dead? Oh God. Wait, can I even say 'God' any more? I mean, because he's dead and all. Oh, oh . . ." she fell silent, a disturbed frown on her face. "Dang."

edited July 2009
    "Hmmmmmmm," thought Mr. Carter, "If what this bird-brain is saying is true, then I guess I'm stuck here in this 'Necros' place. Seeing as no one knows when things will be returning to normal, I'd better make the most of things here."
    "Excuse me, but if Earth was connected to Necros, why are there no records of it in our history while you seem to know all about it?" asked Mr. Carter.

edited July 2009
    "Hooooom..." The owl sighed as he looked down at the questioner. "A bit of a falling out between our worlds if yoooou will... It happened back in your world's 1300's. Basically, the twooooo worlds had a falling out and disconnected themselves... the Vatican was apparently very thorough in erasing all records of this world, as well as our those of our connection. Our ruler, meanwhile, kept us informed, and thus, we knew about your world, though were not able to access it." He licked his feathers, as if to clean them off.
    edited July 2009
    "Oooooooh.....you're a big owl aren't you?" Damien mused silently to himself. His fingers slid across the scalpel he kept in his pocket, his tongue running across his lips as thoughts of flinging it at the overgrown bird entered his brain. "No, no. Too many people. Have to save face for now." The maddened vet let the scalpel slide back into his pocket as the others proceeded with their questioning. "Dead am I? Well I suppose this isn't such a bad place to end up as far as afterlifes go."

The veterinarian shuffled in his chair uncomfortably as the rest of the auditorium questioned the bird. "Oh for the love of......At this rate we'll never get out of this da** auditorium." Damien wanted nothing more then to get out of the crowd. He didn't care for whatever questions they had to ask. If they really needed them answered they could do it without him being there. Nevertheless he couldn't simply leave the auditorium, odds are they weren't being kept there for no reason at all. Therefore the madman put aside his angst for a moment and waited for the owl to finish.
    que?
    edited July 2009
    Kiyoshi groaned as he came to and shielded his sleepy eyes from the blue. He recalled rushing to the hospital, then a car horn blaring in his ear, a brief moment of pain as the walls of his car came down upon him, and now he sat in an auditorium surrounded by people of all age and race. Was this some sort of dream? It wasn't a hospital, and it certainly didn't seem like the Pure Land. Kiyoshi pinched his arm, the resulting pain confirmed that this wasn't a dream, but that only made this more confusing.

Thankfully, before the room could erupt in a violent chorus of scared and confused questions, an old man in the center of the auditorium addressed the group. Kiyoshi listened intently, just as eager as everyone else to know what was going on. It was a lot for a mere man to comprehend, the thought of a god dieing, and of natural causes, wasn't something Kiyoshi would usually believe, but the man's explanation seemed to make sense, and it was the only answer Kiyoshi had to why he was here, so Kiyoshi had little choice but to believe the harpy's words. Though while Kiyoshi quietly accepted the explanation, only a handful of others shared his trust, and as the others cried out in disbelief, Kiyoshi leaned back in his seat and sighed, trying to make sense of it all.

It suddenly occurred to Kiyoshi to look around for any of his friends, it would be nice to have a friend to share his confusion with, and any friend of Kiyoshi would be glad for his company, who better to comfort you in trying times than a devout Buddhist? Kiyoshi scanned the left side, a few Japanese, he recognized one man from a commercial, but the two weren't acquainted. He looked forward and was treated to the old man turning his head around. Kiyoshi remembered something about an 'owl-harpy', apparently this was what the commotion was about. Well, he had seen stranger in Japan, but still hadn't seen a single friend. He scanned the right. No good.

He sighed, but, oddly, a faint smile was present across his features, "At least I was the only one who died. Fumiko-chan and our son, and my students, will still be able to find support in my friends. I wish I could talk to them though, but, maybe they'll believe I went to a better place." Kiyoshi smile grew, content that his friends and family could still be happy without him, and plus, this new life didn't seem so bad, maybe he would enjoy it, and after it all got sorted out, maybe he could still go to the Pure Land.

---

Suddenly, a distressed voice snapped Kiyoshi out of his optimistic thoughts. He looked around and found the source, an American woman in her late twenties going on about God a row below him. Kiyoshi smiled, even though he was alone here, he could still make new friends and bring comfort to them. Kiyoshi reached out and placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder, "I wouldn't worry about that so much. Instead, focus on what may be positive about this, it's like a second life, in what seems to be some sort of fantastic world. We should enjoy it until things get settled, hm?" Kiyoshi smiled, putting on the most comforting face he could manage, "Are there any of your friends here? If not, I'll be your friend. My name is Kimura, Kiyoshi."
    edited July 2009
    At first, Judy was surprised by the man addressing her. As he talked, she decided that he was rather pleasant. "Thanks. This is all just a bit much to handle all at once. I'm Judy. Nice to meet you."
    edited July 2009
    Mr. Carter pondered the Asian man and the young woman talking to his right. "A friend," he thought. "Yes, an ally might prove usefull. And why have only one? I'll talk to those two later." He began scanning the room for any other potential "friends" when a large man with earphones caught his attention. "I wonder. . ." thought Mr. Carter as he observed the man.
    edited July 2009
    "Now then..." The owl began. "If there are no more questions, we'll proceed to medical screenings... we have toooo make sure that yoooouu aren't bringing any diseases intoooo our world."

The audience began to stand up, but Desoto had one more question for the owl.

"Wait." he called out in a decently loud voice. "A final question. What about our bodies on Earth?"

"Oh yes.. dooooo not worry, your loved ones will be visited toooonight via dream, very realistic dreams, that will inform them of the events and to prevent them from cremating your bodies.. should yooooouu ever return toooo Earth.."

"So there is a way?" Desoto asked.

"Anything's possible." the owl shrugged. "Now then, proceed toooo the adjacent roooooom for checkups."

As the people began to file out, Desoto tried to find Miguel, but to no avail. He was lost in the crowd.

Upon entering the adjoining room, which was also long, but had no seats, save a few chairs similar to those found in a gym. The group of humans was confronted by a man who, while seemingly normal, gave off an air that something about him was not in place. "Separate by gender." He commanded.

The humans did so and were run through a crude medical process which scanned them for basic infections. It also gave them a tattoo of the letter E on everyone's arm. The was done with great speed by a slew of small robots that entered the room. "Now then." The man at the front of the room began as everyone was still being checked. "You'll all be separated into groups to travel in and will each be assigned a Necrotian to guide you along through our world. I don't care for questions from humans, so if you didn't get your fill of answers from that stupid owl, then you're gonna have to wait until your group leader shows up. Oh, and remember. You are not equal here. Whatever mantras your governments might've fed you about equality don't mean squat here. You're all earthlings and we'll never forgive you for what you did." The man said coldly. "Now then..the data's being entered up here.." The man indicated to a large, electronic board above him. "The common-tongue we installed also affects your eyes, so our text should be readable to you saps. Get used to those people, as the odds are, they'll be some of the only friends you get. You're free to find each other..." The man said coldly before leaving.

Desoto searched the board for his and Miguel's name. But upon finding his own, he saw that Miguel's was not in his group.

Group leader: Nick Eckleburg

Damien Caldwell
    Daniel Carter III
    Alexander Drokavich
    Judy Harris
    Kiyoshi Kimura
    Desoto McClellan
    George Newburn
    Ramona Sparks

Desoto sighed and pulled aside a nearby chair. He then took out his notebook and pen and wrote his name down on it. He proceeded to stand atop the chair and hold his name up in the air.
    edited July 2009
    Ramona thought to herself. Wait. I'm dead! My plans for the earth are...Nothing. Ramona had to get back to Earth. While her agnostic beliefs had been confirmed, she still wanted earth, and earth needed her. She looked around the room, at people conversing, and bonding. She sighed. "I suppose I should make a friend too. Someone to help me get back to Earth."

After the medical exam, she looked at the names she had been paired with. She looked around the room and saw a man holding up a piece of paper with the name of one of her group members. She walked up to him. "Ramona Sparks. Nice to meet you." She didn't smile.

• LordBlahLordBlah Member Full Members
    edited July 2009
    "What in the hell is going on?" thought Alexander, jumping to his feet. He found himself in a large, flat room, and he was not alone. He immediately dropped into a subtle fighting stance: enough to keep on guard with, but not immediatelly alert those around him. He couldn't beleive most of the things he was seeing, and began to go into a slight panic. He never really did like spaces that were too open. He started to slowly back into one of the corners, not dropping his stance, no matter what he saw in the room. Though he was surprised at being addressed by the freakish man-thing, he single-mindedly pursued getting into an optimal position, even while herding into the next room. He had to be ready for anything. He slowly reached for his left pocket, where his headphones always rested when not on his head. He saw his name on the list with several other people he did not know, and decided the best course of action would be to wait and see what happened next...

Don't come too close, I bite.
    edited July 2009
    Judy looked at the board, then quickly found Kiyoshi. "Kiyoshi, look! We're in the same group! Isn't it great? Let's go find the others." She dragged him along until she saw Desoto. She smiled as she walked towards them. "Hi! I'm Judy Harris, and this is Kiyoshi Kimura. So, you're Desoto McClellan, and . . . Well, I guess you're Ramona Sparks, seeing as you're the only other female in the group. Nice to meet you both. Isn't this crazy?"
    edited July 2009
    Finally free of the auditorium, Damien made his way through the medical screenings abruptly. Upon exiting he rubbed the small place where the E had been tattood into his arm before redawning his veterinary scrubs. If one didn't know any better they might mistake him for an actual doctor. The cruel surgeon made his way over to the board, taking note of where his own name was shown. No sooner than did he find his own name than did he notice Desoto standing atop the chair with his rediculous looking sign.

Damien's palm slapped against his face as he glared at the man. The entire ordeal had been awkward enough but now he was being expected to make nice with complete strangers. "Oh yeah....this is going to end well...." Damien thought silently to himself as he approached Desoto. "You realize you look like a complete idiot up there, right?" His stringy black hair ran over his eyes as he looked up at the man. "Well no matter. Damien Caldwell. Now where is everyone else with as bad of luck as the two of us?"
    que?
    edited July 2009
    Desoto nodded curtly to Ramona. He wasn't a big fan of kids, but he'd make do. Upon seeing Judy and Kiyoshi, Desoto struggled to put on a smile. "Hi." he said. "Yeah, it's crazy all right." Desoto then saw Damien and gestured to the others. "Yeah, I know I like stupid.. but I prefer things fast and to the point..so rather than fumble around with searching..." He didn't even bother to finish his sentence. He scanned the room for his old friend, before seeing that he sat on the other side calmly smoking a cigarette.

A gang member approached Miguel.

"So whadda you make o' all o' this man?" The man asked Miguel.

Miguel did not respond. He was thinking.

"Hey man. I'm talkin' to you." The gangster said angrily to Miguel.

"Then you'd best stop. I ain't got time for a srcub like you." Miguel said shortly. He was deep in thought.

"Hey man. Watch who you're talkin to!" The gangster shouted as he attempted to throw a punch at Miguel.

Miguel, who had been leaned against a wall, dodged, causing the gangsters fist to hit the stone and his hand to break. Miguel then got behind the man and thrust his head forth into the stone, causing the man to fall unconscious.

Several people around looked with shock at the fight that had just occurred.

"Hi." Miguel said calmly. "Name's Miguel Lamara. Let's all get along!" He said in a tone so that everyone in the room could hear. "I look forward to seeing you all soon."

Something about his tone seemed vile.

"He's always making an idiot of himself.." Desoto commented.
    edited July 2009
    "He's your friend?" Ramona gestured to Miguel. "Charming. This is happening all so suddenly. But I do feel as though a very large weight has ben lifted. Agnostic. It's always good to learn..."
    edited July 2009
    Kiyoshi waved goodbye to his new friend as the genders separated, hopefully he'd see her again. The examiner seemed to have some sort of bias against human, though he hardly elaborated on why. Kiyoshi frowned, whatever his ancestors did 700 years ago, Kiyoshi certainly had no part of. Besides, 700 years ago on Earth would of been, Kiyoshi tried to do the math, assuming Necros had the same calender as Earth, and knowing that 40 years here was approximately 2 weeks on Earth, (luckily teaching had kept Kiyoshi sharp enough in his arithmetic) the final outcome, Kiyoshi assumed, was around one-million years ago here on Necros. "Wow, must have been something terrible. Kiyoshi wasn't sure a million year old grudge was possible, but his path was not one stir trouble by asking to many questions, so he kept silent and let the screening continue.

Afterwords, Kiyoshi approached the board and found his name, "Hmm, seems like a majority of Americans, I think I'm the only Asian. Oh, is that the Judy I met?" Kiyoshi was greeted with an abrupt affirmative as Judy grabbed his arm and dragged him away to the group. Kiyoshi bowed to the group, noticing one of the members was a still a child, "How unfortunate. Kiyoshi's mood darkened, upset with the knowledge that a child had died, "I'll be here to take care of her, though."

Shortly after they arrived, a man wearing a doctors uniform approached the group. Kiyoshi was ready t offer a greeting, but the rude man's first words indicated he wasn't the friendly sort. Nevertheless, Kiyoshi wasn't afraid of a challenge. He stepped forward and bowed, then rose and extended a hand to Damien, "Don't think of it as bad luck, just think of it as a a second life in a fantastic world, we may as well enjoy our stay until everything is sorted out." Kiyoshi's introduction was cut short by a brawl across the room. Luckily, it as resolved quickly enough. Kiyoshi would hate to get mixed up in conflict, he was a pacifist, after all. He turned his attention back to Damien, "I'm Kimura, Kiyoshi. Nice to meet you."
    edited July 2009
    Desoto remained quiet, watching his group as the people appeared and observing the way they interacted with one another. He didn't respond to Ramona, though he didn't much care about whether a god was alive or dead. He was an agnostic not as some sort of pascal's wager, but due to apathy. He figured that whether or not God was alive or dead really mattered, and, in his lifetime, this turned out to be the case.
    edited July 2009
    Damien watched as the rest of the group got cozy with eachother. "Bloody hell Damien what have you gotten yourself in to now." The vet sighed as he fiddled with the scalpel in his pocket. With nothing better to do he fumbled through the rest of his pockets to see what he had on him. "Let's see....scalpel, syringe, medicine capsule filled with cyanide, placebos, stethoscope, and latex gloves...." As Damien counted of his supplies mentally he set each item on a small rock in front of him, quickly repocketing the items before he had a chance to lose anything. "Will we be staying here long, I'd rather not have to see that da** owl again."
    que?
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    edited July 2009
    That was some trip. Now I'm at some terrible show at the Fox? George scoped out the civil center, ignoring the owl-harpy explaining everything. Nope. No tacky Muslim architecture. George sat there in a daze, thinking about what exactly happened last. The heroin didn't fully melt, realized George in a disturbing calmness. He didn't consider this paramount screw-up negative. As far as he could tell, he wasn't exactly dead. If I am dead, then Hell sure is a let down. George leaned back into his chair, and he flipped on the jukebox in his head. George needed something to keep him "busy."

As his mind shuffled from some band's best of to another, George felt a tug on his sleeve. He lazily opened his eyes and noticed a woman beckoning him to get off his good-for-nothing ***. George noticed that everyone else was getting up and leaving. I'm napping. Good away, *****. George flicked off the innocent woman and leaned back into his chair. The Prince of Darkness was up next. However, George never got to imagine the next song. A large man hoisted George up and over his shoulder. Damn, I am light.

The man carried George over to the medical exam. Despite being in a humiliating situation, George enjoyed this far too much. All I need now is a joint. Unfortunately for the little ****er, the man tossed George once the exam started. George hit the floor hard, and the youth pulled himself up. After giving the man a good bird, George went through his exam. Come time for the tattoo, George didn't wince or anything, though he missed the tattoo now being ruined by the ugly E.

By now, the examiner posted the groups, and George finally noticed the environment. Who are these ****s? Then George noticed the sign being held by Desoto. Things just got better. Maybe that Mex's got some crack on him. George strutted over to the group. A Moo, a Jap, jail bait, a Soviet, and a quack. Ain't I lucky? George joined the others, though he didn't even bother to introduce himself. He just stood there.

ClixPsi.png