If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Netherworld

Comments

• KhanKhan Heh heh Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Still quite sleepy from the surgery, Judy perked up as Desoto made a last call for Luminan business. "Me. I've got to send a letter . . . Shouldn't take long, I've already written it." She fumbled around in her belongings for an envelope, addressed to Matron Raisegha. It was a rather concise piece of writing, devoid of some of the formalities Judy might have used had she still been a faerie. In it, she simply tried to explain the situation and ask for some assistance, as an equal to her temporary mentor rather than a subordinate. She did not attempt to dredge up the subject that had made her leave in the end, but she knew it would come up inevitably if her call was heeded.

" . . . Lumina has a postal system of some kind, right?" Judy shook her head, trying to regain her composure. "After all this time, Necros and Earth seem to being mixing together in my memories. Necros seems to be winning, though . . ." The now familiar wrinkles on her forehead rose again.
  • SuccessorMSuccessorM Can't you hear the drums? Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Arthur shook a groggy Terry awake, and looked for any indication whether his companions were in need of anything "I have most of my affairs in order, and necessities attained..." remarked the Incubus. "Considering our, rushed predicament... I am under the impression you all may be in need of weapons..." he smirked. "Me and the lovely demoness here are quite experienced weapon smiths, she even fancies herself a bit of an inventor... So, if you find yourselves in need of a new weapon... or maybe even maintenance or alterations to your current equipment, Athuria's is at your service..." Arthur finished with a bow and toothy grin.

"Also, in regards to our friend and my... boss?" Terry added with uncertainty, "It appears that she still isn't answering my calls. It may be time we leave her to her own devices and push on without her." the Jakanape began to scratch his false ears with great unease.

As her two companions addressed the party, Astrid was pouring over a sketchbook. Due to whatever popularity they gained at Athuria's, she began to draft different looks for her two friends and herself once they assumed other identities.
  • icbmalariaicbmalaria Let Mom sleep Full Members
    edited December 2011
    "There's a postal service." Ramona said flatly. She looked at Judy with an unamused face, "Desoto and I got a gift in the mail one time." Ramona did a lazy gesture of a bomb going off with her hands, poorly imitating what it sounded like.

Lundy frowned slightly, "Mailing a letter's not a bad idea...Damn, I don't know where Charlie is, I guess...I'll have to find him after this."

Ramona turned to Arthur, "No thanks." Lundy simply handed him his ax, the one he never used, "Here. If you can do something to make this...better. Though I don't think it's the ax that has a problem." He sighed, partly from the dead weight the ax was to him and partly from being exhausted by the surgery. Justine shrugged and appeared confused, "Surprise me."
    edited December 2011
    Arthur took the axe from the Isra in his extra right hand. The looked it over carefully, and began to move it slowly side to side. The Incubus then glanced over the Isra as if he was looking for something. He then took a lingering glance at his face. He chuckled, then threw the axe Terry's way. Though the Jakanape was still lost in his earlier uneasiness, he managed to catch the axe without even looking, much to his own surprise and gasp. Arthur still chuckling to himself brought his attention back to the Isra. "Lundy... right? Your axe is ideal... but it appears as if you have a problem with its weight... and it could go for a good... sharpening..." remarked the grinning Incubus. "We can... take care... of that for you..." he finished.

Arthur's attention then drew to the Siren. "I get the feeling... that you aren't.. a shield and sword kind of girl..." he declared. He then stretched his gloved had to her, only for a crossbow to appear. "Something I have been... fiddling with... since this gun craze came about..." the Incubus commented. "This shoots slightly... smaller bolts then usual... the tips crush on contact... after entry, of course... and then introduce poisons into the target..." a twisted grin grew ever larger onto Arthur's face. "With work... they could grow to use... something better suited to your tastes..."

Meanwhile, Astrid adjusted the weight of Lundy's axe using her abillity. It retained its original size and shape, but the axe was now lighter due to her molecular meddling with the size and density of particles. After fortifying and finalizing her work, she handed back to Terry alone with a stone. The Jakanape then began sharpening the axe's edge.
    edited December 2011
    Justine's eyes lit up as she took the crossbow and listened to the Incubus talk. "Poison you say?" She grinned and examined the weapon. "This suits my tastes perfectly. Thank you. I will arrange some form of payment once this mission is over." She looked at Sammy wondering if he was going to ask for something as well.

Lundy and Ramona sat by their friend Terry as he sharpened the ax blade. "I don't recall you mentioning..your friends." Ramona spoke slowly, still woozy from the surgery. "Or that you make...weapons." The Isra added.
    edited December 2011
    Terry laughed Lundy and Ramona's remarks. "Yeah sorry, I never got the chance to talk them up with the goings on at the time." Though the Jackanape was clearly enjoying the conversation, he still concentrated at his task. He then paused to cautiously examine his handiwork on the axe's edge. Terry continued, "Aside from mentioning that he is my guardian in passing, I have great difficulty talking about Arthur to others..." he shuddered. "Despite their, eccentric habits, he and Astrid are very accomplished at this kind of thing and many others. I just do some of the grunt work around the shop."

Terry then found himself satisfied with the state of Lundy's axe, and handed back to him with an accomplished sigh. "Try this on for size, Lundy ... or wait, that may not be a good idea in your current state..." Terry surmised. "I could go on and on and on about my stay with those two, but its best to save some stories for another time. I promise they are indeed entertaining!" grinned the Jackanape. "May I ask how you two have been during our time apart?" he asked them, his head darting back and forth between them.
    edited December 2011
    Ramona and Lundy looked at each other for a moment then back at Terry. "I spent most of my time...helping Desoto research, which at one point we received an exploding package in the mail...from sweet old Vera," Ramona answered. Lundy scratched his head, "I went to Remila...to absorb powers. I met an Isra...Charlie...he was a warren and I started working at the prison...I met Umbriel, one of Vera's droids...and Judy was a prisoner for a bit cause Umbriel found out what she was...trying to do. Then Umbriel...she broke free and almost killed us...she did something to the city. We can't go back." Ramona nodded slowly and grabbed Lundy's arm, "So he came and stayed...with me. And we've been...studying magic and relaxing, well trying to when we get the chance."

With the ax finished, Lundy held it and marveled at it's deceiving lightness. "Damn...thanks Terry. And thank you guys too." He smiled at Astrid and Arthur. "How did you meet Astrid and Arthur?" Ramona asked the Jackanape.
    edited December 2011
    "Awww, the pleasure is all ours!" replied Terry, only to receive a very stern gaze from Arthur. Terry nodded in response and reluctantly continued "...It was our pleasure to share Athuria's.... feminine soul..." The Jackanape appeared embarrassed. "ARTHUR! We have to change that!" chided the Jackanape. This was only met with Arthur's familiar laugh. "Why Bunny... the idea for a slogan was all yours <3 ..." chuckled the Incubus. Terry held his head and sighed.

The Jackanape then turned his attention to Ramona and Lundy. "Why yes, my dear lady, I will gladly recount my first meeting with these two." He took a seat across them Indian style. "I am sure you all remember your first stay in Necros quite vividly. After all, you die from some unfortunate circumstance, and suddenly end up with entire races you have never ever seen before clamoring for your heads!" Terry exclaimed while being very animated. "I was no different, I end up in the wrong place at the wrong time, and BAM!" He punched his fist, "a Night Bus does me in! Then I am suddenly here, assigned a group and told to enjoy my stay... if I could..." The Jackanape tilted his hat further down his forehead and held its brim. "It didn't take a genius to realize we were up a creak, no one in my group was very apt at defending themselves. Heck, I would luck out taking out two or three on my own." He then lifted it back up revealing a self-amused smile. "My next instinct was to find someone, any one that could get us out of here with our heads intact! And that's where I saw them!" he said while stretching out his hands in their general directions.

"They were apparently out on a job, they still won't tell me what, confidentiality and all that, and ended up right in front of me. I am a good judge of character, if I do say so myself, and knew these two could go wherever they wanted, no matter what." Terry crossed his arms and nodded to himself. "So, I appealed to them, more specifically Arthur, to get my party out of here. And... was met by a flat 'no' by Astrid. Arthur, however, replied that this was simply not his problem." The Jackanape paused for a moment, and then continued. "Then, I made a very interesting plea, or is it better to say appeal? I then explained to them that I had already died once, and didn't want to squander a second chance. I even went as far as saying I would work for them personally, just for a second chance at life. At least then, I could die attempting to do something with my new life. After Arthur got over his following laughing fit, he replied he 'like my fighting spirit' and sought to get my group out. This is, of course, only if I agreed to come with them." Terry shrugged, "It was much better then the alternative. So I jumped at the chance! He and Astrid made a way out for us... by actually making doors..." the Jacknape trailed off in confused laughter.

"With their demon abilities, Arhtur had a door and frame in what he calls his 'armory', and Astrid replicated copies with her 'forge'. Its also how she made your axe lighter. Arthur then took these doors, and tried to implant them into walls.... to varying degrees of success. Boy, Astrid is qutie 'smashing', when you put a wall in her way!" laughed the Jackanape. "Before we knew it, we were outside, and away from majority of out assailants. Arthur 'influenced' any other person that would show up to keep out of our way." Terry smiled triumphantly "And thus began my life with my Necrotian guardian and his best friend. Its better to call her my surrogate guardian, or something. With only few incidents of mental scaring!"

Terry then recalled what his two young party members were saying before his recent diatribe, "I am very happy to hear you have survived your many trails, during our time apart. And its nice to see that you both are finding time to live and learn, together." He remarked trying to hide his gleeful smirk.
    edited December 2011
    ". . . Oh, right." Judy sighed. "Sorry, Ramona. I should have remembered about that. Well, that means it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to deliver this. I'll meet you all at the docks." She sealed the envelope, turning to Vectorschatz before she left. "Doctor, thank you so much. I won't speak for the others, but what you've done for me is incredibly liberating. I haven't felt so comfortable speaking in a long time." She gave him a little bow before channeling Iryana and blowing away.
  • envydeienvydei Traveler Full Members
    edited December 2011
    With Judy's letter sent, the party boarded their boat once more and left Tuca to head Eastward for Vulcan. Night was falling and they would arrive the next morning. Desoto intended to sleep in the evening and stay awake for the later portion of the night when they would actually arrive at the gubernatorial island.

meanwhile in Gail

Emilie sat alongside Artemis, Megumi, Kamille, and Elf's decomposing body. They watched Kamille's play, which was abstract and began putting Artemis to sleep. Emilie watched it, only paying slight attention when she looked over her shoulder and saw a strange hole appear in the wall. Emilie rose from her chair and looked back to see her body still sitting in place. She began moving and saw that after-images formed in the air behind her. She moved to the hole in the wall and looked through it cautiously. As soon as she did, Emilie found herself standing once again outside of the theater, though at this point it was later in the night and while the streets were still crowded, it was apparent from the looks on her companions' faces as they stood beside her that the play had ended well.

Emilie's phone rang and she smiled to see that it was Daria calling her. She quickly answered the phone.

"Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey DARRA. WhaT'S GOIN ON BCK AT THE TOWER!?!?!"! HF

"I've lost track of your VET 70 operatives with the exception of the girl in the Untamed. I think they got rid of their bugs," Daria sang calmly. "Also, there's a boat approaching. I think it contains your little rats. You're the person who works the greetings; what do you want me to do?"

"I HAVE CANDY, DORA!! LOOK AT ME!" Emilie haplessly screamed into the phone.

"mm.." Daria resounded unenthusiastically, "I'll just deal with them as I will.."

"You DOOOOOOOO THAT!"

THe two hung up.

Daria, who sat at the entrance desk of the island of Vulcan in Emilie's absence, calmly stood up and looked coldly at the desk. "You've stepped out of line.. it's time to bring pain." Daria gave a very tiny smirk as she retreated from the desk and into the bowels of Vulcan, preparing herself for battle.

The morning was calm as the boat sped towards the heaping iron buildings forming out of the ocean on the horizon. Desoto gave a call to wake the others up as the boat sped toward its destination. They would soon be docking close to the entrance hall and from there on it would be a labyrinth to the goalpoint. However, as the boat set in, Desoto felt a readiness about him and he wanted nothing more than to see the records department up in flames.
  • BoltsBolts This made France awesome. Full Members
    edited January 2012
    Damien stood at the bow of the boat, watching as it slowly edged to a stop before turning his attention on the group. It was at this point that he wished the group had established some means of communication beyond simply shouting at one another or writing their thoughts down on a piece of paper. No matter, odds are any plan they made now to stay organized would just become moot later anyway. Rather than wait on the ladder to descend from the boat, Damien simply split teleported everyone down to the docks before joining them himself. The good doctor's crossbow was already in hand as he marched forward, his yellow eyes sweeping the landscape as he did. Once he reached the end of the docks, Damien turned towards Desoto, eyebrow raised as if asking him to lead the way from there.
    que?
    edited January 2012
    Desoto nodded and moved swiftly down the wide hall that opened up before the assembled party. The hall continued on for what seemed to be a long time before emerging into the familiar reception area that was usually occupied by Emilie. It was empty of course, and eerily quiet because of it. Before the party the iconic "V" let out a shine from its position on the wall. It had been adorned recently with green decorative lights, and so it gave off a slightly disorienting color compared to the cold bronze that the letter was actually made from. Desoto looked around at the three different hallways before them. He knew that the goal they sought was either in the Tower of Past or the Tower of Present, which were the hallway to the furthest left and in the center of the room. He motioned toward the Tower of Present when a loud voice rung out from around them.

"Welcome to the Gubernatorial Island of Vulcan." Daria's cold voice echoed off of the walls as it came from speakers in the ceiling. "By being here during Peace Week without authorization, you are disobeying an excessive amount of paperwork. But that's beside the point and because I figure you've learned this by now, I'm not going to continue to speak about trivialities. You want something here, and I'm programmed to make sure you feel pain and misery."

Desoto was on edge at this point, not knowing what would come next. He inched toward the door of the Hall of Present when it suddenly slammed shut, along with the door to the docks, the Hall of Future, and the Hall of Past. Desoto's eyes widened as it became clear that if nothing changed they would be trapped in this reception area.

"Now that'd be efficient, wouldn't it?" Daria quipped over the intercom. "Just thwart you right here, and let you rot knowing that you didn't even put up a fight... But unfortunately for me and my master, I have an itch that's been growing, a thread I've swallowed that's cutting me up inside. I want to hear screams... It's not often that I get like this, but I do like seeing people actually try and then fail.. so I'm going to give you a chance. There are some conditions though. The only way that you are leaving this tower is completely victorious or in a body bag. Someone's going to die here today. All that you guys have to do is kill one person. I have to kill all of you.. the odds are in your favor I suppose."

Desoto got the sense that Daria was enjoying this, something he had gleaned from her was that she enjoyed rules and had been playing Vulcan like a game, and that this was simply another game for her, one that she had perhaps played before.

The door to the Hall of Present opened. "Get ready to run, neophytes." Daria stated briefly as she shut off the intercom.

Desoto began down the hallway. The Hall of Present had been vandalized since his last visit. The normal features it possessed, statues lining the walls of the various Necrotian races all holding hands, had had their heads displaced, and the ceiling, which all of the statues formed a circle toward, normally would have shown the emblematic Vulcan insignia. Now however, it was simply a large, distorted black stain, a cancerous looking mold that had begun to grow from the center and now covered the V, reaching its way down toward the statues which surrounded it.
    edited January 2012
    "What is that?" Lundy stared at the distorted blob slowly traveling down the walls. Ramona took a step forward to examine it herself, "I don't know but it doesn't look good." The girl looked to the others for an answer. She began to feel foolish. For some reason, perhaps being delirious from the surgery, she had imagined them storming the place and taking it down effortlessly. Reality sunk in and she realized this was going to be more difficult and dangerous than she anticipated, even if it was only one person trying to stop them. Lundy on the other hand didn't really know what to expect and maybe it was better to think that way. As he slowly proceeded down the hall, Lundy noticed that the statues were damaged, "What happened to the statues? They don't have heads."
    edited January 2012
    "I guess our host went a little nuts on them.." Desoto ejected with a scoff, attempting to sound much tougher than he really felt. He did not know what this droid would be capable of, and had not expected to confront one of them so soon.

As the Harpy reached the end of the Hall of Present, a large set of doors lay open before the group, revealing to them the vast chamber that was the Central Filing office of the Tower of Present. In this room, all of the current goings-on around the world of Necros were catalogued in detail. The various files that had to be processed for day-to-day operations under Vulcans' rule were processed in this chamber. Hundreds upon hundreds of large filing droids crowded around large conveyor belts, picking out files and itemizing them into the appropriate categories for further movement.

"Our files are going to be above this floor, further up in the tower!" Desoto yelled over the loud whir of the rooms life. Desoto noticed the large obelisk-like stairway in the center of the room and looked up to see that it had been blocked off at the top. The stairway that had once led to the floor above now simply led into more ceiling.

Instead, in the very far distance of the rooms far-corner, Desoto could see a freshly-made stairway, obviously not matching the buildings building materials or style, that led up to the floor above.

Even more disconcerting than the change in the rooms structure, however, was a particular droid which lay in wait in the rooms far-corner in front of the stairway. A large, two-legged behemoth that, while certainly not as threatening in appearance as a series of medieval torture devices, held a certain foreboding about it. To the Necrotians in this room, the sight of this type of beast may have triggered some memories as two red beams akin to eyes began to glow on its face and pointed toward the party. It kept its sights trained on them, unflinching from its positions and ready to see any change in their movement for it to strike. This type of beast had brought down many before these people, including the members of team Lohengrin, and countless soldiers during the Imperial Wars.

Desoto pointed toward the far stairway. "The moment we begin to make our advance toward that stairwell, it attacks.." He did not know what the droid was, but understood enough that it was placed there by Daria as an obstacle to them.
    edited January 2012
    Astrid stood in sheer horror of the behemoth in front of her and the party. "Arthur... that's..." she trailed off, focusing only on the daunting obstacle before them. "Indeed... that's what we have before us..." said Arthur, voice straining with surprise. "Bear witness, all... we stand before a Slayer Droid..." said the Incubus plainly. "These monsters... are the product of war... the peak of efficiency..." he attempted to smirk. Every instinct of Terry's was telling him to flee, but he rooted himself in determination. "So.. what do they do." the Jackanape gulped. Arthur turned to his friend, with none of his playful zeal in his face. "They kill..."

"What my friend means is," said the demoness "we don't know how these things work. But, if we want to live, we need to figure that out now!"
    edited January 2012
    Judy jogged along with the rest of the group, but she held up at the entrance to the filing room. She noticed the large droid almost instantly, feeling a wave of chills that was only magnified by its identification as a Slayer Droid. She had learned about the Imperial Wars, what this thing would be capable of. She would have been too afraid to speak in its presence if not for the loud whirring about her. "Uh . . . mm . . . Damien . . ." she hemmed. "U-unless you've got a spell in that book that turns machines into dust, this thing is beyond us. We'll have to get around it, and run, somehow . . ." The comeri looked around, taking in the vast paper processing plant with fading hope.
    edited January 2012
    Damien stared up at the slayer droid with a look of horror plastered on his face. Nothing had quite prepared him for this. It was only after Judy's comment that Damien regretted giving up his original body. "I can't do that anymore, Judy." he stated flatly, referring to the woman by her name for the first time. "I lost all my summoning magic when I got this new body." Now wasn't the time for explanations. They needed a plan, and they needed one quick. "Think, think, think....How the hell do we get past this fu**ing thing?" Slowly but surely an idea began to form in Damien's head. "We know Daria is a decamist.....If the almanacs still holds true then that bit** can only get in our way as long as she can see us," he whispered under his breath. "Get rid of the fu**ing cameras and that will give us an advantage." Damien still didn't know what to do about the slayer droid right in front of them. All he could do now was plan for how to deal with Daria. "I can teleport you all to the stair case. After that we're completely fu**ed. That thing will obliterate us in a second......" A nagging realization hit Damien. "After I teleport you; run. Run your a**es off. I'm going to stay here for the moment. If that fu**ing thing starts to target you, I'll hit it when it's back is turned and follow you once I get the chance." This was another one of Damien's rare instances where he was willing to put his own life on the line. Of course being almost indestructible helped with that. "Don't you dare fu**ing hesitate or I'll deal with you myself."
    que?
    edited January 2012
    Terry's ears perked up to Judy's suggestion to Damien. The Jackanape turned to the Drow, "I could dust that behemoth over there, I mastered metal magic after all." remarked Terry sternly. "However, I am sure I would have to be closer for that, and I am rather certain that thing doesn't want me cozing up to it. Heck, I could even learn what it does with enough time."

"Destroy cameras... you say?" the Incubus queried. "With a snap of my fingers... I could spear all the cameras in the room... just help point them out..." he requested.
    edited January 2012
    Lundy stared at the droid, a bad feeling washing over him. The Isra's eyes darted back and forth between the two staircases as he listened to the others throw out their ideas. "I could run up that staircase there and phaze through the ceiling," He said gesturing to the one closest to them, "But I don't know what that thing will do if I try." His gaze fixated back on the slayer droid. It was incredibly intimidating that the metal beast was waiting for them to do something, daring them to make a move. "We probably should take out the cameras before anything. I have a feeling it's going to take a lot to bring that thing down-- and we probably can't outrun it."

Ramona searched the ceiling for cameras and made notes of the ones she saw. She pointed them out one by one to Arthur, "There's one camera there...another one in that corner...one over that machine, and I see another to the left of the stairs..." Once she thought she found them all, the girl turned to Terry, "Unfortunately we're probably going to have to get close to that thing to take it down. You can literally turn that thing into dust which seems like the perfect solution but with our luck it won't be that easy. I hope to be proved wrong."

Waiting for the others to finish, Justine spoke to Damien, "If we don't want the Decamist to see us, I can shroud her in darkness once we find her. I think it wise for me to not remove all of the light in here should the slayer droid be able to see in the dark." The Siren turned to Desoto, the man who seemed to be in charge of everyone, "Desoto, what would you have us do?"
    edited January 2012
    Desoto stared at their first major obstacle, the Slayer Droid, with a look of weariness and milieu. Long gone were the days when he would have given the slightest care about this. He felt compelled that they would win, and so he turned to the Siren and announced. "We attack the cameras as we charge through the room and simultaneously attack the droid... Once we've cleared the cameras out, Daria will be unable to create in this space and we can plan our ascension.."

Desoto was tired of hearing the whir of people planning combined with the noise of the filing droids and the ever-increasing seam that began to appear on the wall in the corner of his eye. He almost automatically removed his machine gun from his coat and fired at a nearby camera, shortly destroying the small electronic. "LET'S GO!!!!" Desoto charge in letting out a screech any eagle would be proud of.

The Slayer Droid roared to life as it focused on the Harpy, it began lumbering across the wide space toward the group, Desoto began to conserve ammo, only occasionally popping from cover to attack cameras. He knew that the fight with the Slayer would have to be done using magic, bullets being a mere joke to the behemoth.

((Also, 2000 posts!!!))
    edited January 2012
    "Desoto!" Judy watched the harpy's charge, dumbfounded. "What is wrong with y-" The comeri dove for cover as an errant spell made a nearby filer go up in smoke. She peeked out a couple times before returning fire, shouting "Niok!" and pointing to the left of the massive murdering machine. While it wasn't moving very quickly, she only expected her magic to stall the Slayer's charge. She waited to see if the spell had been successful before following Desoto.

Through the pandemonium, Judy looked about for Terry. He was some distance away, but Judy shouted to him anyway, hoping his large ears would pick her message up. "You said you can destroy it? If you want to get closer, just give the word! I'll try to hold it down for you!"
    edited January 2012
    Terry looked on in horror as Desoto initiated the attack. Before he decided to run and hide in the room, he heard Judy's request. "Uhh, sure! Pin it down, and I will work my magic!" he shouted. The Jackanape turned to see Astrid trying to get this attention. "When ya' wanna start ya' Gambit, me an' Artie will support ya!" she screamed. "At your start... I have a few objects that might slow that thing down..." Arthur bellowed. The Incubus waved his hand forcefully as spears materialized and destroyed and camera he saw.

"Ms. Harris, begin your ploy, I'm going in!!!" Terry screamed, as he swiftly moved to a closer position behind cover, waiting for his teammates to begin their gambit before he casts his.
    edited January 2012
    Damien watched as whatever chance of plan they had went to hell with Desoto. "That stupid son of a bit**!!" Damien thought to himself. Judy's reaction was even more surprising. Desoto he expected to do something rash but Judy was usually the sensible one. "Giant fu**ing pigeon!! Nurse bit**!! What the fu**!!?" he roared, emptying the pockets of his trench coat as he did. He then removed the long robe and held it in his hand before teleporting to Terry. In a split second he grabbed the Jackanape and teleported behind the droid. "Get on with it, rabbit." he growled before teleporting atop the droid. Damien through his cloak over the droid's visor before teleporting away once more. Damien's hands however stayed on the machine as he finished chanting his spell. "Claus!" at once an electrical field generated around the droid, hopefully short circuiting it in the process.
    que?
    edited January 2012
    Damien's jacket did little to impede the droid, as its sensors could easily have ignored the obstruction. However, his spell Claus presented a slight amount of trouble. The droid began to short-circuit before entering emergency safety mode. It would stay in this mode while it recharged from Damien's initial attack, using lower amounts of power so as not to be as susceptible to electrical attacks. As Damien left, it kicked backward with its bladed legs pointed directly toward Terry.
    edited January 2012
    Terry was readied his Gambit spell, only to have to have a bladed instrument coming towards him. The Jackanape jumped backward just fast enough for the blade to cut his jacket. Now a hair's length of the behemoth's legs, Terry raised his arms and cried "Gambit!!", aiming at the center of its back. Seeing their friend beginning his ploy, Arthur and Astrid being to run towards the position of the Slayer Driod. On his approach, the Incubus summons three stone pillars from his Armory directly under the behemoth, hoping to knock its left legs from under it. The demoness followed suit, "chi!", she commanded. A trail of ice began from her, and began to carry itself towards the Slayer droid's left side.
    edited January 2012
    The ice trail landed at the Slayer Droid's feet and began to coat them, only to be quickly quelled as the Droid's legs began to spin bladed contraptions to cut through the ice. Terry's gambit hit into the droid's hind-leg and began to work its way up, albeit slowly.

The Droid itself turned toward Judy, Desoto, and the rest of the group before quickly firing a volley of spells at them. 'Snarl' at Judy and Desoto. 'Embros' toward the party who had yet to move from the door, and cast a final orb out that released the spell Tsu. A short rumbling occurred before the windows of the Tower were destroyed as water rushed in from the base of the structure toward the sphere, surrounding and wiping the party up into its stream.
    edited January 2012
    Ramona stood dumbfounded as she watched Desoto charge right in without attempting to make some kind of plan. 'He's finally lost it.' Instead of joining the others she stayed close to the entrance to observe the droid from a distance and learn how it worked. 'Damien's spell seemed to make it pause for a second.' She watched the slayer droid retaliate with a kick aimed at Terry. 'The electricity should have short circuited it. Why didn't it?' Continuing her observations, she watched Terry use a spell that appeared to be making the machine decompose, though much too slow. 'Maybe with enough time the spell will completely eat away at it.' With Astrid's ice spell to keep the droid from moving, it seemed like they could stall it out. Unfortunately the droid freed itself immediately. 'Damn. Any plants I use will just be torn to shreds. This thing must be programmed to adapt to-' Her thoughts were suddenly cut off as recorder orbs were fired their way. The fire spell activated right in front of the group, injuring those up front. With her pyromancy, Ramona took control of the fire and quickly put it out. However, she had not been able to react fast enough to save herself and some of the others from burns. 'It can use recorder orbs! How many does it have?!'

Lundy had decided to stick close to Ramona, figuring she was working out some kind of plan. He luckily had remained untouched by the flames. Seeing the damage it caused, the Isra intended to heal the injured members and in doing so hadn’t noticed the last orb sailing through the air. The orb released a huge wave of water that crashed down and swept up the party along with the filing droids and debris in the room. After being violently tossed around by the wave, Lundy used his hydromancy to redirect the water and gather it all close to him. With the large amount of water trailing behind him, Lundy rushed toward the slayer droid and kept his distance from the rest of the group. “Damien!” He yelled loudly before firing the water back at the droid, knowing the man would get the idea to follow up with electricity.
    edited January 2012
    ((GORN has given me control over his NW characters indefinitely))

Daniel stepped out of the doorway to take the brunt of the burn, beginning to heal himself even before it had set his hair of fire. Coenolf grinned at this selflessness. "Remember, I like my meat medium-rare."

The cervidexus was not half as amused, entering rage mode as he responded. "Cut the crap, Coen! We're fighting a Slayer here!"

"Well, you are. I'll see you in a little while. Lev." With an even bigger grin, the banshee crouched as he cast his spell, readying himself for a jump. A moment later he was as light as a feather, and with a hefty kick he rocketed straight up. He reached the ceiling and, going into spectral form, disappeared through it.

"B******," Daniel muttered as he watched his partner leave, only to get dragged into Tsu until released by Lundy.

Judy had already become wind, trying to lose the Snarl chasing her, and was unaffected by the Tsu. She popped back into human form a few yards from the Slayer Droid, throwing all of the corpumancy she could manage at it. She attempted to twist the robot's head down and away, so that it couldn't aim its cannon. "If you're not already fighting, get to the next room! We should be able to-" She went into a fit of coughs as the cloud of smoke caught up with her.

Meanwhile, Coenolf kept going up, listening to the sounds of battle fade away beneath him. "No . . . no . . . one more . . . ah!" As he reached the fourth floor ((Records 2 on the map)), he decided that it was finally quiet enough for him to work. Dropping lightly to the floor, he tried to hang close to the great shelves of records, so as not to get picked up by any cameras. He began using his acoustic magic, sorting through and amplifying various sounds in an attempt to locate Daria.
    edited January 2012
    The Slayer Droid was hindered briefly by Judy's onslaught. Desoto, who, like the others, had been swept through the room by the earlier tidal wave, now lay at the feet of the droid. Upon finding the droid briefly paused by Judy's spell, however, Desoto took the opportunity to stand and run up the stairs to the next floor.

As soon as Desoto emerged onto the floor above, a knife flew into his arm. The knife impaled the Harpy's muscle and appeared on the other side, having gone clean through. There was no visible source of the knife, and so, Desoto conjectured, this was Daria's second assault.

Coenolf now stood in a large library of tomes and files. While the din of battle could be heard beneath his position, it was simply a muffled background noise as he stepped through the library. There were no indicators of other noise outside of those he had already bypassed on his way up.
    edited January 2012
    Damien had spent the majority of the time telporting randomly about the room, thereby ensuring the Slayer Droid wouldn't get a bead on him. It was only when the tidal wave swooped in that he began to pause for a moment. "That fu**ing rabbit's trump card is taking too fu**ing long!" He growled to himself, preparing another spell as he did. At that point though he heard the voice of Lundy calling out to him. His former student had a plan, and not a bad one at that. "Good thinking, brat," half a smile crept along Damien's face as he prepared a new spell. "Bolt!" At once a Tesla of lightning short forth from Damien's palm, striking the stream of water Lundy had fired at the Slayer Droid.
    que?