If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Miyazaki's Films

2»

Comments

• DQ5DQ5 Member Full Members
    edited August 2009
    i saw it today and loved every minute laugh.gif
  • NergalNergal The Don Full Members
    edited August 2009
    I love Nausicaa beyond what words will ever express. Both the fantastic film and the fantastic manga upon which it is based.
  • AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited August 2009
    Has anyone managed to see Tales of Earthsea? It's not a Hayao Miyazaki film, but's it's a Goro Miyazaki film. I wonder if it's any good? It's never been released in the U.S. because of some copyright issue with the name (stupid Sci-Fi channel mini-series!)
    Was that the one with Kristin Drains the life of anything she appears in Kreuk? I mean the mini-series.
  • KittyKatStarKittyKatStar New Member Full Members
    edited August 2009
    <span style='color:#FF0088'>Out of the ones I've seen (Nausica
  • ShponglefanShponglefan Member Full Members
    edited August 2009
    No love for The Castle of Cagliostro? Because that is my favorite Miyazaki film, even above Nausicaa, Mononoke, Totoro, etc.
  • KaspianKaspian Member Full Members
    edited January 2010
    I liked Porco Rosso. The aesthetic of that world, and the interwoven relationships were great. I also really enjoyed Howl's Moving Castle.
    [url=\"http://www.iheartdragonquest.com/\"]I Heart Dragon Quest[/url] :inlove:
  • MangaMaster19MangaMaster19 Member Full Members
    edited February 2010
    Howl's Moving Castle, but only because i have'nt really seen any of the other miyazaki films.
    (Most Anticipated Titles Of May: <span style=\'color:red\'>ModNation Racers, Lost Planet 2</span>)
    [url=\"http://backloggery.com/manga_master\"]sig.gif[/url]
    [url=\"http://www.userbars.com\"]aw476w.png[/url]
    [url=\"http://www.userbars.com\"]sxc2o5.png[/url]
  • SorenSoren ..not a pony.. Full Members
    edited February 2010
    Wow...thread necromancy at work again. But it seemed to revive the thread so here we go. As I'm certain that the necromancer of the thread must have already been spoken to. *will be double checking that*

Aside from my moderator duties...i had to add in my two cents:

Grave of the Fireflies made me want to sit in a closet with a blanket and stuffed animal and rock myself to sleep. I wept like a baby. NEVER EVER WATCH IT ALONE. I swear to *insert diety of choice here* that was the saddest thing I had seen. EVER.

Ever.

Exceedingly ever.

I do however. Adore all the movies that have been listed. And still would love to see Ponyo. As I haven't seen that yet.
    Driving FB bonkers for years. Paw's Wife.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited February 2010
    I believe Ponyo is out on DVD (or coming very soon) as I recently added it to my Netflix account.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2010
    No love for The Castle of Cagliostro? Because that is my favorite Miyazaki film, even above Nausicaa, Mononoke, Totoro, etc.
    I'm with you on this one. Everything Miyazaki does has its roots in that flick plus it has amazing action sequences and a great soundtrack.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited May 2010
    Nausica, although i've only seen Nausica, Howl, and Mononoke
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • zockroachzockroach Member Full Members
    edited September 2011
    With the news of Ni No Kuni coming to the west, I was wondering what everyone's favorite Miyazaki/Ghibli film is? Mine is Princess Mononoke.. probably because it was the first one that I picked up. Also the tree spirits.. and everything else about it.

What's yours:distracted::distracted:?
    FULL TIME AWESOME LIFE!
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited September 2011
    I love all of them. The man is a genius.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • LassicLassic Member Full Members
    edited September 2011
    I agree with Dark: it's very difficult to point out a favorite.

Special mention must go to Laputa, Castle in the Sky though because I had a distinct Final Fantasy/RPG vibe when watching that one
  • moenkimoenki New Member Full Members
    edited September 2011
    I've seen and liked them all, am a big fan of Miyazaki (read "Starting Point" if you are too!), and gotta say my #1 is PORCO ROSSO! It's just cool. #2 is Cagliostro, Mononoke was the first I'd seen when it was the first anime with an American theatrical release, and the Nausicaa manga is one of the best things ever.