If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Server Move

FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon IIRPGamer Staff
edited November 2009 in Forum Rules & Announcements
As you may have noticed, RPGamer is in the midst of a server migration. We have finally outlived the original hardware and are moving to bigger, faster hardware. We are still located in the same place, so I expect even better performance from the site as a whole.

Thank you for your understanding during this transition.
Founder, RPGamer
I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell

Comments

• CidolfasCidolfas Member Full Members
    edited November 2009
    Congrats! Now all we need is new forum software, hint hint...
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited November 2009
    Woo. Hopefully I won't get timeouts when trying to do anything on the forums after the move!
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2009
    Well, we were going to test it this week, but DAO came out.

On a more serious note, the move may have reset some options in your control panel, most notably time zone, which will need to be re-adjusted to your local time.
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited November 2009
    This is a good reason not to test jack monkey squat. I approve of this.

• FoxworthFoxworth Practical Problem Solver Administrators
    edited November 2009
    Woo. Hopefully I won't get timeouts when trying to do anything on the forums after the move!
    The forums are already moved tounge2.gif
    This space for rent.
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2009
    This is a good reason not to test jack monkey squat. I approve of this.
    We have reader approval! Success! *Disappears from view*
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • shentinoshentino Member Full Members
    edited November 2009
    I'm going to guess this had something to do with the recent outage that I reported in the sister board down thar.

But anyway congrats on the new box.
    edited November 2009
    www.rpgamer.com will be going down at approx 11:30pm pacific while final steps are taken to transfer it to its new home. I'm budgeting 60~90 minutes, but if all goes well, should be much less than this.
    This space for rent.
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2009
    www.rpgamer.com will be going down at approx 11:30pm pacific while final steps are taken to transfer it to its new home. I'm budgeting 60~90 minutes, but if all goes well, should be much less than this.
    Please note you may find intermittent 404s for the next 36 hous while our DNS/your cache catches up to some things on the new server.

Also mad kudos to Foxworth and all that pitched in for getting all of this done in the last 2 days. Yay Fox! love.gif
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited November 2009
    Thankyou for better forums. smile.gif
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
    edited November 2009
    Please note you may find intermittent 404s for the next 36 hous while our DNS/your cache catches up to some things on the new server.

Also mad kudos to Foxworth and all that pitched in for getting all of this done in the last 2 days. Yay Fox! love.gif
    There shouldn't be any major 404 issues. There is currently a redirect set up on www.rpgamer.com that is shunting people to the new server until the DNS propagation completes. If you do find any major 404's please shoot me an e-mail (foxworth@rpgamer.com) and I will check into it in the morning.
    This space for rent.