If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The Shiniest Say Anything Thread

Comments

• AurianAurian Member Full Members
    edited December 2009
    Perhaps it is missing moi?

• SorenSoren ..not a pony.. Full Members
    edited December 2009
    Nathan Fillion mentioned in this thread makes it utter win.

Just sayin.
    Driving FB bonkers for years. Paw's Wife.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited December 2009
    Hmmm, 800 pages is the limit eh?
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2009
    This thread is missing something but I can't put my finger on it...
    A certain entertaining but annoying former forum member named after a Final Fantasy protagonist?
    Silly you <3
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited December 2009
    Emeril is a jerk. It's funny how so many of them are. Rachel Ray is another one. A very good friend of mine that works for this chef catering shop told me this little gem. Rachel Ray was in their shop for a book signing, meet and greet type deal. They had one person left that happened to be a little old lady and her people asked if she could just sign the one book for this one person. She proceeded to throw a diva like tantrum saying, "No I'm DONE! I said I'm DONE! I don't care if she's a hundred I said I'm DONE!"
    I was pretty horrified by this story and you know....her cooking's not all that great anyway.
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited December 2009
    Is anyone planning to see Avatar? The trailer for the movie (you can see it for free online) is awesome! Definitely going to see this one.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited December 2009
    More excited for Sherlock Holmes.

Robert Downey Jr. is my male celebrity crush.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • Aquila HawkAquila Hawk O_o Full Members
    edited December 2009
    Actually, I know from experience that Rachael Ray's worst trait is that she is loud. She used to drink at the bar I used to work at and was actually pretty well liked. Of course, this was before she became the toast of Food Network. Ironically, her response could be less divaish, and more to do with some sort of stress. Book signings have to be stressful, so I can understand some extreneous frustrations. What I was saying about Emeril was based on his non-public face. Ie, him as a boss and a person. Granted, it's a second hand report (and my old boss would gleefully use Emeril Seasoning, announcing it as "the Jerk's" seasoning), but I haven't heard anything nice about him as a person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AquilaHawk on Battle.Net: Currently playing Starcraft II
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited December 2009
    Emeril is a jerk. It's funny how so many of them are. Rachel Ray is another one. A very good friend of mine that works for this chef catering shop told me this little gem. Rachel Ray was in their shop for a book signing, meet and greet type deal. They had one person left that happened to be a little old lady and her people asked if she could just sign the one book for this one person. She proceeded to throw a diva like tantrum saying, "No I'm DONE! I said I'm DONE! I don't care if she's a hundred I said I'm DONE!"
    I was pretty horrified by this story and you know....her cooking's not all that great anyway.
    But some of her... aspects are devil.gif, which is really what matters anyway
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
    edited December 2009
    My brother borrowed my Xbox 360 for the night. That left me with just the PS3 (It only does everything, except PS2 backwards compatibility).

Naturally, bereft of a 360 I felt the overwhelming urge to play some PS2 games. My PS2 is buried in storage, and I haven't the slightest clue as to where it is or even what the box looks like.

Cue an hour-long dig through box after box, until finially I slice open a large, bulky box that contains a cornucopia of gaming goodness. I found old GBA games, carrying cases I forgot I had, Nintendo Monopoly...and there, at the bottom of the box, I found my PS2, memory card, and controller.

I tore through the rest of the box, looking for the cables. Nothing. Then I remembered a box of cables in my closet. Digging through that, I finally located a set of A/V cables. No power cord.

This is proof that Gaming Jesus hates me; He lets me find everything I want, thus building my anticipation, and then brings it all crashing down by depriving me of one small but vital component.

tl;dr - Not having a PS2 feels bad, man.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
    edited December 2009
    Aw man, I'm sorry Jeffrey. That sucks. =( And I know what you mean Aquila, they can be quite stressful. I've just never seen or heard of someone blowing up like that. I mean, when I was working for Borders we had Barbara Walters there doing a book signing and even after the time when it was scheduled was up, she was gracious, stayed longer until everyone had their book signed and was quite charming. I guess it depends on the person. ^_^
    On a side note I play that Bejeweled Blitz game on facebook and apparently my scores make Dremmy cry. It's score as many points as possible in a minute and the boards change every week. My score this week: 496,400. I'm just waiting for Dremmy to rail that I've crushed his hopes and dreams. biggrin.gif I love him so he's funny. biggrin.gif
    edited December 2009
    It took my wife three minutes to find the power cord when she got home from work.

Three minutes.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited December 2009
    Men suck at finding things. We just don't like to admit it.
  • OyashiroOyashiro NEEDS MOAR UNDERBOOB! Full Members
    edited December 2009
    We also don't like sex. Its actually excruciatingly painful to us. But we are so manly that we don't even let it show. cool.gif
    Give me Underboob, or give me death!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited December 2009
    I thought the PS3 and PS2 shared power cords. Or maybe that was the AV cords. I don't know, I don't have a PS3.
  • The DoomhammerThe Doomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited December 2009
    Quote: wrote:
    We also don't like sex. Its actually excruciatingly painful to us. But we are so manly that we don't even let it show. cool.gif

I think you need to see a doctor
  • shentinoshentino Member Full Members
    edited December 2009
    I'm actually a virgin so I don't know what it's like. tounge2.gif
    edited December 2009
    Maybe I'm doing it wrong... >_>...

Just to be sure... The act of sex does include a Man, Women, sandpaper, rubbing alcohol, harnesses suspended from the ceiling and a small horse right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe
    edited December 2009
    That's one way, sure.
    edited December 2009
    Um...giggity?
  • Aquila HawkAquila Hawk O_o Full Members
    edited December 2009
    NOW it's starting to sound like the Say Anything thread. laugh.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AquilaHawk on Battle.Net: Currently playing Starcraft II
    edited December 2009
    I guess we could lose the harnesses but how keep the horse on its back. They roll over really easily if you don't know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited December 2009
    Shiver my timbers shiver my sails

Dead men tell no tales!
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited December 2009
    PS3 has a standard computer power cord you can buy online for nothing (or in a store for $15 - ouch!).
    PS2 is a weird proprietary thing...but if you have a PSP charger, just disconnect the pieces. The part with the wall plug on it is the PS2 power adapter. The "other thing" is a 5V adapter for the PSP battery.

In other news, I lost my PSP in my recent move :-(
    I also have no home internet at my new place :-( Time to figure out where the library is.

I did see the Avatar movie. Who should see this movie:
    1) If you like action movies (you might be disappointed; only half of the movie is action)
    2) If you like animated movies
    It is similar in some ways to The Matrix, especially the avatar part. The point of these movies is to ask the question: "What happens when you separate the mind from the body?" Of course, here on this message board we see mostly the mind. This of course violates the rule of the internet.

• shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited December 2009
    Men suck at finding things. We just don't like to admit it.
    Like the G-spot?

(You left a huge opening here man. For shame.)

So far this blizzard we're supposed to get is failing to impress me. I was expecting snow and now they've pushed it back by 2 hours. Also, the cops around here are being derri
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
    edited December 2009
    Well I've got 14 inches or so and counting so maybe you just lucked out so far?
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited December 2009
    Well I've got 14 inches or so and counting so maybe you just lucked out so far?
    I could easily misinterpret this in so many ways but I'll assume you mean snow.
    edited December 2009
    This board, in general, does tend to have a higher proportion of intelligent conversation than other boards.

I blame the older forum members.
    edited December 2009
    This thread is missing something but I can't put my finger on it...
    A certain entertaining but annoying former forum member named after a Final Fantasy protagonist?
    I'm not sure LD counts as a protagonist.
    edited December 2009
    We come back from Texas to snow. I'm not sure now if my dad is going to be able to make it to our place. We're at 15 inches and counting. The girls are of course thrilled. Sport decided he is a delicate flower and peed on the snow on the deck. So, Ron had to shovel a path from the deck to the back yard telling the dog the entire time what a wuss he is. Sport stood there wagging his tail happily. When he ran out into the yard he disappeared much to our amusement. He then was hopping through the yard, so you would see him appear and then disappear. biggrin.gif