If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The Shiniest Say Anything Thread

Comments

• AncientRuneAncientRune Member Full Members
    7thCircle wrote: »
    When my wallet of PC games was stolen in 2005, I gave the insurance company my entire stack of instruction manuals and jewel case inserts as proof. On one hand, it was convenient that only the discs were stolen, but on the other only an insane or stupid thief would try to steal dozens of video games in their cases unless they knew the victim and only went after games with resell value. Had my games not been in a wallet they probably wouldn't have been stolen.

Do you have any boxes, manuals, or other documentation you can use?

All my systems I still have the boxes and serial numbers but they took about 150 games in all their boxes they didn't however take a good amount collectors boxes that were in my closet so I can at least prove them. They also took my PC but it was old and wasn't running great but had things i really didn't want to lose.

On a good note FFXII zodiac HD remake announced

• ACPACP A Crustacean in a Pot Full Members
    If we say his name three times, will he re-appear?
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited June 2016
    The Sony E3 conf did a good job of making VR games look fun.
    Up to now, they've always seemed like a phone game but in VR.

I thought E3 wasn't going to be that great but I thought wrong.
    edited June 2016
    I'm in New Mexico, feeling the burn. Want to go hooooome....

(Later) And now I'm back home. So much cooler here...
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    I just got home after a week in Cape Breton. My grandmother passed away, so monday was the wake, tuesday the funeral, and thursday was the burial. It was tough to get through and I'm going to miss her greatly. Now for the saddest part: getting back to normal life only without her.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
    The median amount of Twitch stream watchers is 2. If you have 0 viewers, you can still feel bad, but if you have 2, know that you are average.
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    I'm really sorry to hear about your grandmother Whoops. :(
    Re:ridesharing companies, why do cities not:
    1. The cops hail a ride
    2. The cops issue a fine to whoever comes
    Repeat ad nauseum with slight variations to keep the companies off their guard. The fine for illegal taxi operation could be changed up or down to achieve the policy objective.

Drivers violate the law. Cities could hold them accountable, or at least make sure they are not able to operate in their city. I wonder why they don't.
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited March 16
    deleted.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    Also, IANAL, but that sounds like entrapment to me.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    edited July 2016
    The Illustrated Guide to Law says that isn't entrapment. I'm getting legal information from a webcomic, so, it's clear that IANAL, either (lol).
    - Mark Twain
  • StrawberryEggsStrawberryEggs Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited July 2016
    I've been listening to Origa songs constantly, though I admittedly don't have much of her music. I still can't believe she's not only dead, but that she died over a year ago. She was only 44, too. :( She had such an amazing singing voice.

Rest in peace, Origa.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

Wow, younger than me, and dead of heart failure. Wikipedia says she had/has a teenage child, too. I hate it when kids have to deal with a parental death.
    - Mark Twain
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    Oh my. Shadowcat, my brother has been in a world of trouble lately. Murphy's Law has been hitting him pretty hard.

First his car needed some major repairs (we thought it was head gasket. It wasn't, tho it did include the timing chain) then..

A HIT AND RUN DRIVER TORE THE DRIVER'S SIDE MIRROR OFF WHILE HE WAS ON THE FREEWAY GOING TO WORK. Boy, was Neko mad, but not at the accident. He was mad b/c the guy wouldn't stop (and it's counter the law in GA for you to hit and drive off)

It's taken a couple weeks, but 'Cat has his car back from the body shop, he was covered for the damage with Uninsured Motorist, so he got the repairs for free. We're going to get some stuff so he can wash the car at home for a few months, just in case he gets bird poo on the car.
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    Sounds like a tough time for him.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • DarkDreadDarkDread Member Full Members
    Hey look. I haven't posted here in 9 years. See you all again in 2025!
    We'll be here, if the forum hasn't been displaced completely by other social media by that point.
    - Mark Twain
    edited July 2016
    A lot of comments online: picking a president is like choosing between bad and worse!
    One guy, a bank loan officer, his personal policy is: don't vote for anyone I wouldn't give a loan to. But both candidates break his "trustworthiness" requirement for would-be borrowers, leaving him in a tough spot. It's possible to reject two loan candidates, but for elective offices this often isn't possible, he notes.
    Scott Adams of Dilbert surmises Comey did what he did because he didn't want to be in the position of picking the next president.
    Maybe it's time to vote 3rd party. It not like my vote matters anyway (I live in Boston, we're voting Clinton, and that's that).

I'm not sure what 3rd party candidates believe. But, "the candidate is not Clinton or Trump" is looking pretty attractive right around now. Also the major candidates are polling 40/40 leaving room for a 3rd party candidate.
    edited March 16
    deleted.
  • gaijinmonogatarigaijinmonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    OK, need some help here, guys. The little motors on my PS3 that handle disc ejection have been iffy for a while now, but last night they gave out entirely, and I've got a mediocre PSX title stuck in my machine. What's the best way to disassemble this thing without making dead?
    edited March 16
    deleted.
    We're getting closer to the future. Apparently, now "challenging" benchmarks, for mid and high-end graphic cards, are run at 4K resolution. The best cards are over 30 and under 60 fps in most games, which is actually playable.
    edited July 2016
    OK, need some help here, guys. The little motors on my PS3 that handle disc ejection have been iffy for a while now, but last night they gave out entirely, and I've got a mediocre PSX title stuck in my machine. What's the best way to disassemble this thing without making dead?

I assume you've used the internet to address this problem by now. I've seen some youtube videos that show how to eject manually, but they look a little dangerous.
    - Mark Twain
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    so, 4 weeks to the day from my grandmother dying, my 22 year old cousin died from cancer. Yesterday was the visitation and today was the funeral. It's pretty tough to bury someone younger than you, but seeing his parents and sister and knowing how close they all were was devestating. So I guess I'm solicitiing some prayers and well wishes for him and his family. Strength and peace.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • StrawberryEggsStrawberryEggs Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited July 2016
    I will keep his family and you in my thoughts. It's all I can really do. :(
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

Yeah, what S. Eggs said. I hope that you can all turn the corner on this soon.
    - Mark Twain
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    I'm so sorry whoops. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited August 2016
    Sometimes Windows is such a pain in the rear.

I had installed windows 10 on purpose a while ago (I like keeping up to date); well today the anniversary update dropped.

The update seemed to go okay other than first try I had a power blink (took two tries); when I booted up I couldn't sign in! ARGH! but it's fixed now.
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • gaijinmonogatarigaijinmonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    ACP wrote: »

I assume you've used the internet to address this problem by now. I've seen some youtube videos that show how to eject manually, but they look a little dangerous.

Actually been so busy that I'm just getting around to it now >_>
    edited March 16
    deleted.