If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The Shiniest Say Anything Thread

Comments

• smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited October 2016
    edit: nevermind.
  • ACPACP A Crustacean in a Pot Full Members
    smacd wrote: »
    edit: nevermind.

Yo-yo posting!

Last week was one of those weeks where absolutely everything came due at the same time, including a deadline I'd missed and didn't know about. Everything got cleared away, and skies are blue once again. It'll be nice to just work again, without hell raining down on me. *phew*
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    Time for politics. We don't get to vote for politicians here in MA - everyone votes democrat such that no one has a voice. i.e., even if you vote non-democrat the democrat will be elected.
    So there are ballot questions. They're basically laws that are passed by the people instead of the legislature. The legislature can amend them.
    Q1: Extra slots license (certain defeat, polling at 35% yes)
    Q2: More charter schools (close, looks like it will be defeated)
    Q3: Farm animal confinement (will certainly pass, 66% say they will vote yes)
    Q4: Recreational marijuana (close, looks like it will pass)
    edited November 2016
    Looking forward to the election season being over.
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Last night, as I came up the escalator into the video game department of the big store downtown, the promo video TV was playing commercials for the new mini-NES system with the 30 games and whatnot. I arrived at the tail end, just as the video cycled to a new but related commercial, a promo video for a different NES game. I watched for a moment, and I realized that I knew this one. It was Kira Kira Star Knight, which I had the opportunity to play at TGS 2014 and recounted about here (scroll down a bit). The big stores in Japan are now carrying it, 25 years after the NES became defunct.

Shine on Riki, you crazy retro-game loving erotic-manga-writing manic happy guy, you... Congrats on getting this little game to come so far.
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    edited October 2016
    The NX is officially the Nintendo Switch, and the hybrid rumors are very true.
    Color me hopeful, and very excited. :D
    And the list of partners has my mind going crazy with all sorts of possible games I'd like to see.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

I'm more sanguine about the Switch. I've never felt a strong connection to the Nintendo brand, for no reason that I can put my finger on. I haven't been excited about a video game from anyone in a while (now that I think about it). I hope I'm not turning into a grumpy old fart.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    the more i can play without a tv, the better. i like to use my tv to watch stuff while I do grindy things, so having a handheld system is great. If it turns out it's a powerful console that also functions as a handheld then my dream of having super good handheld games will be coming true. Not that I haven't played a lot of great games over the years, but I'd like to see something along the lines of the witcher or other big, pretty RPGs. If it takes off in Japan, I expect to see some great things in its life.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
    HFR has become a controversial topic in the world of cinema recently after critics panned Ang Lee’s Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk — a film that used 4K and 3D at 120fps — for being unwatchable.
    Maybe it's hyperreal, and that's why people don't like it. Maybe it's because reality is unrealistic.
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    The multiple Christmas commercials have begun. Yay. -_- I know there are people who enjoy getting everything done early and that's cool. I do start knitting gifts for Christmas somewhere around June because things like afghans and shawls take time. I just wish we could have oh I don't know Thanksgiving first before all the tinsel and festivities happen. My cousin said they had Christmas things out before Halloween where she lives. I get it, they want to make money but by the time Christmas rolls around I feel a wee bit tired. =/
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    I can't believe the Cleveland Indians blew a 3-1 lead in the World Series.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
    True, but hey after 108 years the Cubs win so that's pretty historical. :)
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    I guess they finally gathered the 108 Stars of Destiny to pull that off.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    edited November 2016
    Hope rises again! Having a celebratory scotch for this amazing victory. What a great day, turned out better than I had thought it would. Whooooooo!
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited November 2016
    smacd wrote: »
    Hope rises again! Having a celebratory scotch for this amazing victory. What a great day, turned out better than I had thought it would. Whooooooo!

I'm slightly concerned about this turn out for election. As a person who lived in a City that was ran by a Business Man, when he first took office several years ago he was very good at Policy however there were many other areas that initially he was very inept at. So I have large concerns about Trump possibly being the elected official (although it's not over yet the Electoral collage can vote differentially so just cause he wins popular vote the Electoral Collage vote could still back a different candidate).

I understand his message harkened to many Americans. So I am very trepid about the results and pray that coolers heads prevail in Washington if he does win the EC vote.

(also at this time Hillary is actually winning the popular vote however several states have not finalized their tallies)
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    I will not give into despair, and I will continue to treat everyone as I want to be treated. That is all I will say here.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

Sigh. All the snowflakes who have been given participation trophies for losing throughout their whole life are now trying to burn down Portland in protest for a legitimately held democratic election that didn't go their way.

I'm completely appalled by the behavior I'm seeing. Not shocked, but definitely disappointed in the people who live here in Portland. I don't remember those on the right behaving like this when Obama won election, despite deeply disliking him too. This is absolutely shameful behavior. I just can't figure out why the police are just standing there watching it happen and doing nothing.

I really just hope no one gets hurt.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    With a nation split down the middle like this it shouldn't shock anyone. This was going to happen whichever way the election went.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    Especially considering that 49.6% of the country didn't vote. Meaning only 26% of the country voted in Trump...and with the rhetoric he used during said election (and who his VP is), it's no surprise people are going nuts. I've been in and out of hysterical recently myself.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    I tried to buy the NES Classic today.

Needless to say, it went poorly.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
    My Wal-Mart sold out of it in under 2 hours. 2 HOURS. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug man.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    There are so many games I'd want to play that aren't on it. Like DQ, Faxanadu, etc
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
    Like how the Genesis one doesn't have the Shining Force games.
    If you want to play Shining Force, Sega Genesis Classics Collection, available for PC through steam or on disc for PS3. It has Shining Force 2 as well, which is the better game so you should play it first.

That was a very close election. Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by "0 points", ever so slightly less than one half of one percent of total votes.
    According to Wikipedia it is the #2 closest in all of US history (58 elections).

Monday Morning Quarterbacking:
    It's highly likely Clinton would have won the primary. But thanks to DNC cheating AND Russian hacking, the perfect storm, Clinton got poisoned by it. The feeling was there that she cheated in the primary. Really party officials cheated; I personally am not sure she had anything to do with it. But she was the beneficiary of those actions for sure, and thus poisoned. I think party officials acted reasonably. There wasn't much chance they would get caught, but they ended up getting caught. I also think they'll avoid cheating in the future because they've re-assessed the risks, and now it's not worth it.

The superdelegates picked Clinton. But polling numbers in May showed Sanders was the favorable matchup versus Trump, extremely so.
    Basically their decisions did not work out too well for them. However, even if those decisions were made differently, it's very likely Clinton would have won the primary even still. I mean, if the superdelegates voted for Sanders and party officials cheated in favor of Sanders, Sanders would have won. But if there were no superdelegates and nobody cheated, Clinton would still have won.
    It is hard to know how a Sanders candidacy would have gone. He has problems, just as Trump does, but different ones than Clinton.
    Must give presentation this afternoon. Bleah.
    - Mark Twain
  • AncientRuneAncientRune Member Full Members
    someone in Peru got their hands on FFXV and is streaming it on twitch, if you want to avoid spoilers I suggest staying away from anywhere that talks Final Fantasy
    Still recovering from Thanksgiving. So much good food and lots of good leftovers. And one silly teenager fight. One of our nieces was in sullen teenager mode and on her phone most of the time. She picked a fight with our nephew and to his credit he was polite and walked away, she took offense to it apparently and punched his arm. Her mom scolded her and made her apologize, but she yelled about how it wasn't fair and that she hated everyone. She had to apologize for that too. Ron joked, "NOW it's Thanksgiving!" which broke the tension a bit and made everyone laugh. Hope everyone who celebrates it had a happy holiday. :)
    Yeah, pretty decent Thanksgiving here. We got a giant turkey this year, and now most of it is gone. So I feel really good about that, since I prepared it. The pumpkin cheesecake wasn't as firm as I like it, but it still tasted pretty good. No fights this year ... thankfully.
    - Mark Twain
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    BTW, this I was surprised by..Swapnote's finally been replaced, but no pics allowed other than screenshots.

The replacement is Swapdoodle. Guess they finally gave us back messaging on the 3DS! Go nuts!
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
    Christmas vacation is so close. *yearn*

Soooooon....
    - Mark Twain