If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The Shiniest Say Anything Thread

1273274275276277279»

Comments

• RainaRaina Member Full Members
    Hope everyone had a nice holiday. :) We had Christmas with our family and it was quite nice. :) Ron was thrilled that I got him Pokemon Sun and Moon so he and the kids were checking it out together. :)
  • AncientRuneAncientRune Member Full Members
    A dream just came true in the Nintendo switch event XENOBLADE 2 is the next game from Monolithsoft
  • ACPACP A Crustacean in a Pot Full Members
    Next week I get to party in sunny New Hampshire. Woo! *checks calendar* Craaap.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    My hard drive died. It was a Samsung 840 EVO 500GB.
    It was having performance problems it didn't in the past, so I decided to try to do something about it.
    I bought Acronis True Image which I don't recommend. My main problem is the restore operation was very slow. It took 30 min to backup 80GB but 8 hours to restore that backup. Also their recovery media builder tool doesn't work... you need to follow instructions on their support site to make it which is less than ideal.

So I finished making the backup.
    Then I installed the Samsung Magician tool and updated the firmware, but the firmware update failed. The drive hasn't worked right ever since.
    I will buy a new drive, install Windows and then try to restore some of the backup I made, mostly the "My Documents" folder. Partial restore is supported but who knows how well it will actually work.
    For backups, I'll recommend you not even use backup software to back it up the stuff in your "My Documents" folder. All you really need is a ZIP or file compression utility and some form of online storage like Google Drive, or even just a regular hard drive.
    Back from New Hampshire. It snowed. :( At least I didn't wreck the rental car.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
    Glad you made it home okay. :) Our weather can't make up its mind. It rained, snowed, hailed, rained some more, then the sun came out for a bit, and then more rain. The one consistent thing is that it's really cold which makes me glad I'm home and have nowhere to go today. :)
    Thanks, Raina.

Weather's a bit odd here, too. Yesterday the high was 70, with clear skies. Tomorrow the high is supposed to be in the 40's. That's a North Carolina winter in a nutshell. I actually took a day off work in order to do some outside work at home, because it seems like these occasional nice days in the winter never fall on the weekend. :smiley:
    - Mark Twain
  • The DoomhammerThe Doomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    huh, lasagna cat came back.

huh.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Never look up symptoms online .... it always seems to think I'm dying (current is cough for 5 weeks [had 2 different colds and still coughing up phlem] and a pain in my chest over my lung) this time it's lung cancer. Last time it was colon cancer. However will go to the docs on Friday after work to get a chest xray to see how much damaged this wrought to my already beat up lungs
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    The PS4 4.50 firmware update is out today. There are a lot of features for end-users in this update compared to the previous version.

4.50 has the wallpaper feature where you can set a screenshot that you took as your wallpaper. So if there's a scene you think looks really cool... BLAM! it's your wallpaper. It's not the greatest feature ever but it's the little things, I'm telling you. You can set an arbitrary image as your wallpaper, too. The procedure goes like this:

It's recommended to use a 1080p image or if you have both PS4 Pro and a UHD TV, a 2160p image.
    1) Upload the image you want to your favorite image sharing service.
    2) Navigate to that image on the browser
    3) Take screenshot
    4) Set as wallpaper
    So tomorrow is April Fool's day? Another day spent trying not to fall for it. Maybe I'll just sleep in.
    - Mark Twain
    Yep it is. My husband's favorite day of the year. He loves pranking people. :)
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    Inspired by the FFXIV costumes at Wrestlemania I began hoping someone would come out in a Persona outfit.

Then Wrestlemania became as long as a Persona game.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
    Raina wrote: »
    Yep it is. My husband's favorite day of the year. He loves pranking people. :)

Well, I avoided all human contact on Saturday, because I was playing the latest Tales game. Best April Fool's Day ever.
    - Mark Twain
  • The DoomhammerThe Doomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    Ha, everytime I change my avatar here I always somehow forget that they are tiny.
    Avatar not tiny, you have gigantic eyes. Also, fire bad.
    - Mark Twain