If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The Shiniest Say Anything Thread

1274275276277278280»

Comments

• shentinoshentino Member Full Members
    Boo!
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    I am guessing RPGamer received a code for Valkria Azure Revolution but it's too painful to actually beat the game hence no review.
    I'm actually ok with this.

The price on this has dropped like a rock. I asked someone who reviewed it and they said don't play at any price. Too bad. It has 56 Metacritic points which isn't great. The average metascore for videogames is 70.
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    Review is forthcoming (I've read the draft). It's not a 5.0 :)
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    I've been suffering from increasingly debilitating mental illness for roughly the whole year. I've been extremely depressed, spent a lot of time just lying in bed doing nothing, and taking my medication hoping for something to give. It's pretty much why I haven't done anything on here in a while. On top of the anxiety and depression, I also have OCD (which is no fun at all and definitely not cute in the slightest), and a non specific psychotic disorder (schizophrenia is a psychotic disorder which I may have).

Basically, the voices have become much more of a problem than I thought they would be. I can't just ignore them anymore. I haven't been able to focus very well and it has impacted a lot of my life. I've dropped pretty much all of my creative projects, I haven't touched my guitar at all this year, I haven't been able to write anything decent. Little posts like this is pretty much all I can manage and they're mostly just rants about my mental problems.

Anyway, this post is sort of just a "what's been up with lolwhoops lately" sort of thing. If anyone feels like they'd like to keep tabs on me and how I'm doing, my twitter is what I update most frequently. I usually put my thoughts down there and I encourage anyone who wants to join in the conversation of mental health with me to add me on twitter. If you need it, I can at least read and respond to your tweets and offer my support.

I don't know when I'll be better. I guess that depends on when I get the right medication balance.

Remember, friends, it's not weakness asking for help.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • StormJayneStormJayne SingaporeFull Members
    edited September 4
    my reaction when SQUARE ENIX announced
    The Final Fantasy XV pc version....

and it needs a ULTRA HIGH END PC SPECS.

0f2.png
  • paulhar1s50npaulhar1s50n HongkongFull Members
    Hello there! I'm new here. I was planning to read all post on these thread but it will take forever to finish all XD. Well, hoping to meet new friends here.
  • ACPACP A Crustacean in a Pot Full Members
    lolwhoops wrote: »
    I've been suffering from increasingly debilitating mental illness for roughly the whole year. I've been extremely depressed, spent a lot of time just lying in bed doing nothing, and taking my medication hoping for something to give...

That sounds pretty bad, lolwhoops. Here's hoping that you can start get a handle on this soon.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
  • paulhar1s50npaulhar1s50n HongkongFull Members
    @lolwhoops Please get some help before it's too late. You don't have to deal with that alone. There are groups out there that could help you cope up with the depression.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited September 10
    So okay. Seems like Atlanta will be hit by the remnants of Hurricane Irma. I think we're pretty well prepared; we got propane, a camp stove and we got food too.

We'd have to be careful with the chest freezer but I think we'd be okay if the power went out. ^^ I'm more worried about a couple friends in FLA that I met in FFXI before I retired...

Anyway if anyone here is in Irma's path, be safe!
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    @paulhar1s50n Hello and welcome to the forum! :D

@lolwhoops I really wish I could do something more, but all I can say is do what you can, and hang in there!

@maryadavies Take care of yourself and be safe!
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited September 11
    Thanks Strawberry. After I get home from church today, I'm sure not going out until Wednesday unless I have to cook dinner on the porch. I'll suggest to my middle brother that he picks up the fixings for hoagies just in case too; if the winds get really bad, that camp stove may not stay lit.

[Edit] As I told Strawberry over Skype, done. And just about everything that could get wind-flung is under a roof. I'll get the garbage can in the morning.
    My personal page
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    Hope you guys are safe. I know I was worried about my dad and stepmom in Texas. Luckily they were okay. My friends down in Florida were telling me that the weather forecasters seem weirdly excited by this hurricane as they're talking about it which we agree is rather odd. Hopefully everyone is safe and okay when it hits.
    We're safe right now Raina. Worst injury so far has been to my left arm. Darn you wild rosebush...Got me while I was dragging stuff the wind might fling to the garage. Don't worry about that either, just got a bunch of scratches on that arm.
    My personal page
    Ouch! I know I always hate it when our rosebush gets me. I forget sometimes and walk by and accidentally hit it, then I look like I lost a fight with a cat. Glad you're safe. :)
    Now that your rosebush has tasted human blood, you'll never be safe again. I'm not sure what the gardening books recommend in that case. It probably involves a low-nitrogen fertilizer ... or fire.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
    edited September 13
    Hehehe ACP. Anyway ain't the first time it's bit me. You go on the wrong side of it, and you get scratched.

I just find it really funny b/c I was expecting a monster of a storm, and all I get is rose bush scratched. xD
    My personal page
    Well, I'm glad you're okay ... as long as you don't turn into a rosebush on the next full moon. Worst were-critter ever.
    - Mark Twain
    After two months our jack russel Jake who we adopted from the ASPCA has settled in nicely. He's a happy go lucky dog and very sweet. Ron also thinks he's weird because he likes carrots and mangos. I was making a salad and me being the clumsy person I am, dropped a slice of carrot and mango on the floor. Jake was there and ate both. He now begs me for carrots and mango and Ron told him he's a weird dog. :)