If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The Shiniest Say Anything Thread

Comments

• ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited December 2009
    Well I've got 14 inches or so and counting so maybe you just lucked out so far?
    I could easily misinterpret this in so many ways but I'll assume you mean snow.
    wink.gif
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited December 2009
    Four pages! That's how long it took me to work out that there was a New Say Anything thread.

I do expect to see the name change over the course of time. I expect around page 799 for it to say. "overly used to the point of no longer being able to say much at all thread"!

And I have so many PS2 power cords around I don;t know what to do with them. VCR, Printer, PSP, DVD player. And when dad comes a hunting, tell him your brother took it with him when he moved back to the other house.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited December 2009
    Machinarium is $10 until Christmas. If you were thinking of picking this game up, now is the time. It's $25 regularly so it's a significant saving.
  • shentinoshentino Member Full Members
    edited December 2009
    My folks are stoked about Olive Garden.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited December 2009
    Machinarium is $10 until Christmas. If you were thinking of picking this game up, now is the time. It's $25 regularly so it's a significant saving.
    Nice. Is it weird that I'd rather pay full price for indie titles and be cheap as hell for AAA games?
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
    edited December 2009
    No, I'm usually the same way. At $25 though, this particular indie game seemed relatively overpriced.
  • ACPACP A Crustacean in a Pot Full Members
    edited December 2009
    Bleah, I was driving home on Friday night to visit the folks for Christmas vacation, and got caught by a ferocious snow storm in western Virginia. I had to hole up at a gas station overnight, waiting until dawn for the roads to clear. Couldn't sleep a wink, so I was exhausted by the time I got to my folks's house. Ten hours of sleep later, a meal, and a shower later, I feel like a civilized human once again. Just got a wireless network set up at their house (they're Luddites, I tell ya!), so now I can get my RPGamer forums fix. Ahhhhhh.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited December 2009
    I still think this snow thing you guys go on about is a fantasy thing from the videogames.

Myths and legends I tells ya.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
    edited December 2009
    Sucks man. I just got home the night before it started, and by the time I woke up in the morning there were already 6 inches. I think we got comparable amounts in Penn, so that must have been bad to drive through. My cousin actually had to get driven through the snow because she went into labor yesterday. Bad luck all around.
    edited December 2009
    No, I'm usually the same way. At $25 though, this particular indie game seemed relatively overpriced.
    I've heard that complaint a lot since the game is purely flash based. Then again, we all paid top dollar for Myst back in the day which was nothing more than a standalone HyperCard stack with some embedded Quicktime movies.

I think Torchlight is on sale this weekend too along with TF2. I've been avoiding Torchlight until I get my backlog knocked back some more and Borderlands is still satisfying the lootfiend part of my cortex so it seems a little redundant.

I did manage to snag Last Remnant for $10 during the week as it was the mid-week sale. (Steam putting more games on sale each week? Yes please.)

• JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited December 2009
    I need to get back into Borderlands, find some bros to co-op with.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
    edited December 2009
    I need to get over my aversion to playing with random people from forums >_>
    edited December 2009
    MasterChief, Frozenbabylon, and myself played a few rounds of ODST's Firefight mode together awhile back.

It was fun. Playing with people you sort of know beats playing with random strangers any day.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited December 2009
    The snow has been cleared. It's still everywhere. My dad and step mother are coming on Tuesday morning, so yay! Ron was playing some Tekken 6 with Amrita my oldest daughter. She beat him and was jumping around and yelling, "In your face, in your face! Take that! Go me!" Ron looked at her and told her, "Clearly you are your mother's daughter...." biggrin.gif
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited December 2009
  • LassicLassic Member Full Members
    edited December 2009
    I seem to remember that Hyphy owes us a story
    Quote: wrote:
    I have an awesome story involving the police, strip clubs, christian bachelor parties, and marijuana but it takes a while to tell so I think I'll save it for the weekend. Consider this fair warning for an upcoming long winded post. Bonus: Story will also contain midgets. wink.gif

patient-bear-demotivational-poster.jpg
    edited December 2009
    Rainmeter is rocking my world right now. Goodbye, Rocketdock.
  • OyashiroOyashiro NEEDS MOAR UNDERBOOB! Full Members
    edited December 2009
    Granola bars kick Derri
    Give me Underboob, or give me death!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited December 2009
    @Oyashiro- I just got another box to my name, you'll never guess what for (rhetorical).
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
  • OyashiroOyashiro NEEDS MOAR UNDERBOOB! Full Members
    edited December 2009
    They removed the post right? You quoted me in it. I know what it is! laugh.gif

Don't let the "man" get you down. Keep on keeping on my brother from down <span style="text-decoration:underline">UNDER!</span>

Give me Underboob, or give me death!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited December 2009
    I seem to remember that Hyphy owes us a story
    Sorry. down.gif I'd like to say I was distracted by the shiny new thread, but the truth is I'm a pothead and spaced it. I'm leaving for work soon but I promise to tell it while I watch MNF. As thanks for your patience I'll do my best to link the midget when I tell it, he was a fairly notorious figure round here so with some digging it should be possible. laugh.gif
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
    edited December 2009
    edited December 2009
    I remember back in my day, getting boxed meant something.

/cranky old man
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited December 2009
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited December 2009
    Attention everyone, attention everyone!

I HAVE NOTHING TO ANNOUNCE!

That is all; carry on.
    edited December 2009
    Great, another board glitch.

Apparently someone posted in Tiger Attack then their post went poof. They're still listed as the last poster.

@Jeffery:

Things have indeed changed in my 5 year absence. I think you came and went while I was in hibannation.

edited December 2009
    Eh? Are you some mysterious member from the past or something?
    edited December 2009
    Well I don't know about mysterious but I was registered as gpfault 5 years ago and got banned for account duping around april back when Rico was running things. Paws gave me a reprieve recently and let me come back so here I am.

Thanks to IkonBorks though my old account went poof and I had to re-register first.

Details are in the newbie thread where I posted my reintroduction.

So from the past yes, but hardly mysterious. tounge2.gif

<br />

Well as luck would have it my folks backed out of the Olive Garden dinner I was planning for them. Not really in the mood to deal with a rat-race of people jockeying for seats at dinnertime and they're worry-warts about how much it's going to cost me to treat them.

I'm going to OG for my b-day instead.

EDIT:

NOT!

Did it as a St. Patty's day lunch with my mom instead.

• RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited December 2009
    Oh man, my baby brother just showed up at the door! He's my Christmas present! I thought he wouldn't be able to make it because he's in the navy and he's been pretty busy from what he told me. He showed up and told me Merry Christmas! Oh my, what a wonderful surprise that he's going to be with us for Christmas! ^_^
    edited December 2009
    Well I don't know about mysterious but I was registered as gpfault 5 years ago and got banned for account duping around april back when Rico was running things. Paws gave me a reprieve recently and let me come back so here I am.

Thanks to IkonBorks though my old account went poof and I had to re-register first.

Details are in the newbie thread where I posted my reintroduction.

So from the past yes, but hardly mysterious. tounge2.gif
    Oh right, I knew that. To quote Hyphy, the truth is I'm a pothead and spaced it.

I remember quite clearly now.