If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Video Encoding Help

flamethrowerflamethrower MemberFull Members
edited March 2010 in General Help & Advice
Does anyone know a good encoding tutorial?
I want to take a piece of a video and put it on YouTube. Any advice on how to do this?
I have a PC. I heard Mac software is really good at this, but that won't help me.

Comments

• Aquila HawkAquila Hawk O_o Full Members
    edited January 2010
    As far as I understand it, YouTube has it's own encoding system that automatically does its thing when you upload your video.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AquilaHawk on Battle.Net: Currently playing Starcraft II
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited January 2010
    No, that won't work.
    I need to make a video clip. That's what I meant by "piece of a video" above. Youtube's software can't do that (I think). The other problem I have is black borders around my video which I want to remove. Basically what I need is transcoding and editing software. Do you know any that are available for free?
  • Aquila HawkAquila Hawk O_o Full Members
    edited January 2010
    Ah, my bad. In that case look up a program called Avidemux. It's an open source program that is actually pretty useful. Play around with it and see if it does what you need. I know that it does have functions like cropping and some filters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AquilaHawk on Battle.Net: Currently playing Starcraft II
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited January 2010
    Thanks. I'll check it out.
  • HanaseHanase New Member Full Members
    edited March 2010
    I've also found that if your source video is in Quicktime MP4 (H264) format at 320x240 seems to work pretty well.

Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.