If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPG Backtrack - Episode 14

JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: KirinAdministrators
edited May 2010 in Latest Updates
What is fourteen squared, divided by forty-nine, plus three? It is a number that, in conjunction with this episode's title, reveals the subject of our discussion.

Presenting -- the link!

Future Space Bass comes from here.

E-MAIL FOR CONTEST ENTRIES, YO: [email="albertodyssey@hotmail.com"] OR <a href="mailto:jcservant@rpgamer.com">jcservant@rpgamer.com[/email]

It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Comments

• jcservantjcservant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2010
    First post... WOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

I just know this podcast is going to elicit all KINDS of posts, so having first post is PWNSME!!!

Anyway, whoever voice acted Aeris NAILED it on the head! Academy Award!!!

• TeluinTeluin Member Full Members
    edited April 2010
    looking forward to listening - after the hockey games!!
  • UnpetitmaxUnpetitmax Member Full Members
    edited April 2010
    I'm sure you've just destroyed quite a few childhoods! Thankfully for me, FFVII is somewhat past mine non-cgi/emoticons/tounge2.gif
  • Green NuGreen Nu Member Full Members
    edited April 2010
    WHO WAS PLAYING GAME AND WATCH
    You must gather your party before venturing forth
  • Overlord_LeonOverlord_Leon Member Full Members
    edited April 2010
    Aw, now I want to play FFVII again!
    Also known as Deimosion on various corners of the internet.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2010
    Man, you guys let Glenn talk about Baroque. Stupid Baroque. So ugly. So boring.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2010
    [quote=Quote:(Ocelot @ Apr. 23 2010, 8:51 AM)]
    On the other hand we did let him talk about Squirtle being a killer Pokemon too. non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif;
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited April 2010
    Kinda curious why DemiKids was on the Blast to the Recent Past (and where that game list even comes from), since it was released in October 2003.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2010
    [quote=Quote:(Macstorm @ Apr. 23 2010, 9:27 AM)]
    Kinda curious why DemiKids was on the Blast to the Recent Past (and where that game list even comes from), since it was released in October 2003.
    Short Answer: To torment me. non-cgi/emoticons/tounge2.gif
  • 7thCircle7thCircle RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2010
    [quote=Quote:(Macstorm @ Apr. 23 2010, 11:27 AM)]
    I wondered the same thing, but didn't dare question the new format. I assume it has something to do with time compression and how guardian forces cause amnesia.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited April 2010
    [quote=Quote:(Ocelot @ Apr. 23 2010, 10:51 AM)]
    You say one thing and they say something different... non-cgi/emoticons/tounge2.gif

*Still has Baroque on her shelf, twiddling its thumbs. Is planning on playing it eventually, but is unsure if she'll enjoy it or not*
    " I think this is why aging makes humans die! "
    edited April 2010
    [quote=Quote:(Macstorm @ Apr. 23 2010, 9:27 AM)]
    Truth is, we like to treat our show format sort of a loose guideline rather than a hard rule. If fact, it's a new thing on podcast called 'flow.' Ya just go with it.

HAHAHAHA

Ehm.

Well, truth is that Nyx mentioned that she just reviewed an old game, and I thought it would have been good to have her on to talk about it for a few minutes while the game was still painfully fresh in her mind. We were kinda doing this on the fly, and I couldn't think of a better place to put it. I *could* have brought it up in housekeeping, but, for some reason, no one LIKES talking in housekeeping. LOLZ!

It's a work in progress, but now that we've done a few shows, now's a good time to 'shore' things up a bit. I will be opening a new thread for people to talk about the show format and see what they like or don't like, including the various segments.

[quote=Quote:]

Hey...You're RIGHT. I'm listening to the finished cast now, and I hear it! Beep Beep Beep Beep! BZZT BZZT!!

• omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2010
    Clix: .hack starts bad, gets slightly better, than drops even lower than the first, and finally reaches a low-point that can only be described as torturous.

Thank God the three anime series and G.U. make up for it non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!
  • ClixClix Never Google Image Search Full Members
    edited April 2010
    I still felt proud for beating Corbenic.
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2010
    [quote=Quote:(Clix @ Apr. 23 2010, 12:45 PM)]
    I still felt proud for beating Corbenic.
    I gave up when I found out I need something like 30 virus cores just to progress into the first story arc. Screw. That.

In any case, G.U. did everything the original games did, but infinitely better. I didn't feel like I was missing anything.

"It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!
    edited April 2010
    [quote=Quote:(jcservant @ Apr. 23 2010, 1:17 PM)]

Hey...You're RIGHT. I'm listening to the finished cast now, and I hear it! Beep Beep Beep Beep! BZZT BZZT!!
    Yes, no more Game & Watch and the recorded needs to turn off his Skype notification sounds. non-cgi/emoticons/tounge2.gif
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited April 2010
    [quote=Quote:(Macstorm @ Apr. 23 2010, 1:05 PM)]
    [quote=Quote:(jcservant @ Apr. 23 2010, 1:17 PM)]

Yes, no more Game & Watch and the recorded needs to turn off his Skype notification sounds. non-cgi/emoticons/tounge2.gif
    I'll raise my hand on the skype noises. My computer was turned down all the way. I didn't realize until later that the recording software I still picked up on it even through it was going through a different sound board than my Skype. I gues it's not called "Total Recorder" for nothing. It even picks up on the stuff that the person recording can't even hear!!
    edited April 2010
    Ahahaha. Well, overall really decent cast. Was thinking from Nyx's talk that it was a FFVII hate fest, but from the sounds of things 7th liked it more than I did.

But yeah, whoever was playing Game & Watch just fess up and I'll go easy on the whole class! *eyes Tom*
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • ClixClix Never Google Image Search Full Members
    edited April 2010
    [quote=Quote:(Macstorm @ Apr. 23 2010, 4:33 PM)]
    Ahahaha. Well, overall really decent cast. Was thinking from Nyx's talk that it was a FFVII hate fest, but from the sounds of things 7th liked it more than I did.
    I was way too scared to defend Cloud when they started to pass around the bat to take turns beating him...
    edited April 2010
    [quote=Quote:(Clix @ Apr. 23 2010, 3:37 PM)]
    [quote=Quote:(Macstorm @ Apr. 23 2010, 4:33 PM)]
    I was way too scared to defend Cloud when they started to pass around the bat to take turns beating him...
    So Cloud is your Kitty Genovese.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • 7thCircle7thCircle RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2010
    [quote=Quote:(Macstorm @ Apr. 23 2010, 3:33 PM)]
    Ahahaha. Well, overall really decent cast.
    Good to hear. Mediocrity is always my goal. Anything better than "good enough" means I worked too hard.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
    edited April 2010
    Agreed, 7th. I *hate* to waste any energy when half-baked is good enough.
  • Green NuGreen Nu Member Full Members
    edited April 2010
    [quote=Quote:(Macstorm @ Apr. 23 2010, 6:33 PM)]

But yeah, whoever was playing Game & Watch just fess up and I'll go easy on the whole class! *eyes Tom*
    It wasn't me, I hate Game & Watch. I was playing Monster Hunter Tri... with the volume OFF!!
    You must gather your party before venturing forth
    edited April 2010
    [quote=Quote:(7thCircle @ Apr. 23 2010, 4:52 PM)]
    [quote=Quote:(Macstorm @ Apr. 23 2010, 3:33 PM)]
    Ahahaha. Well, overall really decent cast.
    Good to hear. Mediocrity is always my goal. Anything better than "good enough" means I worked too hard.
    Well, you hit the mark. Everyone else was actually really great. I do love the Nyx/7th Love Fights. The skits are cute too, but don't take them too far. non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited April 2010
    I find it interesting that almost all the comments have been from people who were on the backtrack so far -- where are all the listeners proclaiming how awesome we are instead of making us toot our own horns?
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • solosolo Dilettante Gamer Full Members
    edited April 2010
    [quote=Quote:(JuMeSyn @ Apr. 24 2010, 10:31 PM)]
    I find it interesting that almost all the comments have been from people who were on the backtrack so far -- where are all the listeners proclaiming how awesome we are instead of making us toot our own horns?
    Right here! I really enjoyed the podcast, though I've never played FFVII. The infighting was definitely entertaining, as was the DemiKids rage. Other than the odd additional noises and the potential of inducing a purchase of FFVII, I have nothing to complain about. Huzzah!
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, just needed a chance to listen to it boss, got around to it yesterday. And I'm down to say the things you want to hear but first you guys have to make up your minds. Do you want me to declare you mediocre or awesome? Either way I found Nyx's take on Aeris and Tifa interesting, makes me look at Aeris a little differently. Not sure I get your guy's thinking when it comes to Barrett's localization though. That thing was #^$&!%@ great! non-cgi/emoticons/sarcasm.gif
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
    edited April 2010
    BTW...contest winner has been found: SeraphimKitten!
  • SeraphimKittenSeraphimKitten President of Soft Paws Full Members
    edited April 2010
    Yey! I'd like to thank my friends, family and God. And also the RPG Backtrack crew.
  • JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited April 2010
    If 7th is fine with being mediocre, let him. I'll take a dollop of awesome and run with it, though I can't speak for anyone else.