If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Record of Agarest War

2»

Comments

• AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited May 2010
    And it looks like the sole thing on Rpgamer I'm going to be remembered for is starting the is Ellis jailbait. lol.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited May 2010
    Umm ok just finished Generation 1 and something bugs me. Gamefaqs posters are still being idiots so I guess I can ask it here.

Spoilers ahead!

<span class="spoiler">So while it's given that Leo and all his male descendants will become seals for the remaining pillars in the other continents, my understanding is that the lead needs to knock someone up to continue the line but somewhere down the line after the next heir is born, the previous lead and all three possible brides become seals for the corresponding pillar while the heir and the other party members get transported to the next continent to continue the cycle. The time gap between generations is simply the heir growing up until his role has to start.</span>

Is my understanding correct?
  • AirikAirik Member Full Members
    edited May 2010
    That sounds about right to me. It is, as you say

<span class="spoiler">After the end of each Generation, they still "exist" for some time until the child is born, then they fully becoming "seals." The rest of the time is just a time skip giving time for the child to grow up.</span>

I stopped posting on the GameFAQs Agarest forums after the North American version was released, most of them really don't know what they're talking about, so I feel for you.

• MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited May 2010
    Umm ok another question.

<span class="spoiler">I was told that Ellis, Borgnine and Vashtor leave nearing the end of Gen 4, Borgnine for 1 fight, Ellis until the final battle and Vashtor into Gen 5. I'm planning to replace Vashtor the next time I get someone but, assuming I don't replace Borgnine and Ellis now, can anyone suggest temporary replacements for these two?</span>

Thanks.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2010
    Sorry for the delay on the blog - I've finally restarted this game up again, so hopefully now with the free time I have I'll be able to post my thoughts with a lot more clarity. I've just gotten to the first exploration point, so I'm going through that again. Hopefully, RPGamer will have a review for this game by the end of the month. It'll all depend on my free time.
    edited June 2010
    *** quick entry added for 06/07/10
  • Scott WachterScott Wachter Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2010
    feel free to hate the elves as much you like, nyxie. Hate them and baby-eating ways.
    edited November 2010
    Oh my god, I started playing this again. Finally hit generation two. Still feel like throwing the controller. Is there anyone out there who actually finds Agarest War fun and not a boring slog?
  • SpartakusSpartakus One Knight Stand Full Members
    edited November 2010
    Amusing concept, but with so many good JRPGs out there I'll pass on this unless I see it for a ridiculously low price somewhere.
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    Thank you for blogging.
    I imported this game to US from UK and did not enjoy it. Sold it quickly online.
    I did enjoy Cross Edge despite it's flaws.