If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Mythbusters

Strife2Strife2 MemberFull Members
edited April 2012 in Entertainment
Mythbusters is one of the few shows I can watch nearly every time it's on. I can say I've probably watched every episode, and it's hard to determine my favorite myth. Stuff like the Cement Truck explosion, James Bond/Pirate Specials, etc. are high on my list.
61-category.jpg

STONE DEAF FOREVER!

Comments

• CronoCrono Member Full Members
    edited May 2010
    I'm a huge fan of the show. I only discovered it in mid 2008 but I managed to catch up and see every episode over the past two years. I'm also a big fan of the cement explosion episode. Really, any show involving alcohol or explosions does it for me.
  • lithoroselithorose Fire! Fire! Meiuuu! Full Members
    edited May 2010
    You know, it doesn't bother me that they've essentially run out of urban myths to test- they can test just about anything and I'll watch.
  • Aquila HawkAquila Hawk O_o Full Members
    edited May 2010
    Try all Vodka myths. It's like the asprin of alcohol (it does everything). It deodorizes amazingly. Also, I want to do one of the duct tape myths. Yes, I want to make a duct tape cannon. Kidding, kidding. I actually want to make a sail out of duct tape. Just the sail though, I have a boat. tounge2.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AquilaHawk on Battle.Net: Currently playing Starcraft II
  • Strife2Strife2 Member Full Members
    edited May 2010
    The Diet Coke and Mentos Myth actually inspired two of my college classes to either show footage or show the experiment in class.
    61-category.jpg

STONE DEAF FOREVER!
  • NergalNergal The Don Full Members
    edited May 2010
    Been a fan for 5ish years now. Who cares about the myths. Everyone knows the 'splosions make the show. I almost cried tears of happiness when they put a ton of C4 in that cement truck... Beautiful inlove.gif

• LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited May 2010
    The MacGyver special. I can't believe that I actually believed that he's inventions ever worked...
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited May 2010
    Confederate Rocket (now with more salami!).

The slow motion of the exploding water heater is one of the most beautiful displays of chemistry and physics I have ever seen. inlove.gif
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited May 2010
    Love the show. They'll even take your ideas at their forums if it's good enough.

Sometimes they do sayings. I'd love to see them test "when the crap hits the fan", he he.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited May 2010
    I used to watch every episode, don't really know why I stopped watching as it was highly entertaining.
    edited May 2010
    "You Can't Polish Poop"

Don't tell Jamie, since he used WOOD POLISH!
    61-category.jpg

STONE DEAF FOREVER!
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited May 2010
    The Diet Coke and Mentos Myth actually inspired two of my college classes to either show footage or show the experiment in class.
    Hah hah... that one was awesome
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited May 2010
    I remember watching the early early episodes, but I've been working most of the time when it is normally on.

I wonder if they have done some of the food myths. Could be a good show.(aka Avocado seed in with the Avacado is meant to prolong its life.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • NergalNergal The Don Full Members
    edited May 2010
    Hah hah... that one was awesome
    Me and a friend tried it once in our impressionable teen years. It works surprisingly well and is probably the best use for Diet Coke I can think of...
    edited May 2010
    Odd tie-in between two shows; I saw Mythbusters test the "Killer (Cigarette) Butts" myth to confirm lethality from close range, then I watched 1000 Ways to Die that showed a dramatization of the exact myth.
    61-category.jpg

STONE DEAF FOREVER!
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    edited June 2010
    I used to watch it all the time. Now I tend to be at university when it's on. I still watch it when I can catch it, though.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

edited June 2010
    As fun as it sounds, strapping 400 skyrockets to myself and a skateboard is grounds for premature death.
    61-category.jpg

STONE DEAF FOREVER!
    edited July 2010
    Duct Tape Bridge > You
    61-category.jpg

STONE DEAF FOREVER!
  • MorbidBirdieMorbidBirdie New Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    I love mythbusters. The you get more wet running in the rain than walking surprised me. I still run in the rain though haha and who could forget all the explosions???? Thats the best part!
  • erickerick Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    The ice bullet....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndrewHallAndrewHall New Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    I really like the following Myth busters...
    1.Why we cannot run or walk over the water.
    2.Diet Coke & Mentos...
  • ThrillhoThrillho New Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    I love Mythbusters! I first watched it when they showed us episodes during science class (yay for fun teachers) and I've been hooked ever since. It's funny, intelligent and interesting, not to mention all the explosions. Though I read recently that Adam and Jamie aren't exactly best friends, which just shattered all my hopes and dreams.