If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Official Extra Life 2010 Thread

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited November 2010 in Latest Updates
[video=youtube;C9Xes6wgnGM]

What is it?
RPGamer is pleased to announce our second year of joining with Sarcastic Gamer to participate in the Extra Life gaming marathon.

Extra Life is an annual charity event where participants pledge to game for 24 hours on October 16th in exchange for donations. New this year is that these gifts now stay in the participant's community. Donations go to their local Children's Miracle Network hospital.

In addition, people in the US or Canada who donate to an RPGamer staff member or who participate in the event and join the RPGamer team will be entered into a drawing for one of the following prizes:

Courtesy of NISA
  • Phantom Brave: We Meet Again
  • Atelier Annie
  • Disgaea 2 PSP
  • Prinny t-shirt (x2) medium size (Japanese size)
  • Prinny plushy (Laharl)
Courtesy of XSEED
  • Arc Rise Fantasia (Wii)
  • Valhalla Knights Eldar Saga (Wii)
  • Victorious Boxers Revolution (Wii)
  • Samurai Shodown Sen (360)
  • Half-Minute Hero (PSP)
  • Valhalla Knights (PSP)
  • Valhalla Knights 2 (PSP)
  • Wild ARMs XF (PSP)
  • Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (PSP)
Courtesy of indie developers and friends of RPGamer
  • 5 Steam codes for Recettear
  • 2 Sonic Adventure codes (PS3 only, US only, DX content codes included)
  • 2 Cthulhu Saves the World codes
Extra Life is organized by Sarcastic Gamer and more info can be found on extralife.sarcasticgamer.com.

How Can I Help?
* Sponsor our team members or join the RPGamer team
* If you sign up, send the link to your personal page to everyone you know - family, friends, coworkers, pets, space commanders, STAR division members, chocobos, dot heroes, clashing heroes, half minute heroes, little kings, people with fros, demons, survivors of devils, demon's souls, chocobos that live in fros, monster hunters, teddy bears, teddy bears in televisions, pok

Comments

• CronoCrono Member Full Members
    edited June 2010
    I was actually going to do this through another site but I just realized I have a wedding that date. S**T. I guess I'll just have to sponsor someone instead.
  • sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited July 2010
    Nah, they have make-up days! You can still do it yourself.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2010
    Here's my page, Chris. :) Let's do our best!
  • jalanajalana New Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    How do I join the RPGamer team? :)
    edited August 2010
    Hello! To join our team all you need to do is join our team, or using the search function find "RPGamer."

I hope that helps.
  • jalanajalana New Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Cool beans! Just joined, good luck to all! Here's my page.
  • noodlenoodle Kirby: El Presidente RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2010
    hi kids! i finally got around to putting up a page. here is mine!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElementolElementol Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Ive joined the cause as well! Here's mine!
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister
  • sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited September 2010
    Updated with the latest team members! Go go team RPGamer!
    edited September 2010
    Come on team, we only have 21 days left to go! :)
    edited October 2010
    Looks like we're going to add a drawing to the event this year. We're still finalizing the prize list, but how it works is like this. If you're in the US or Canada and donate to the RPGamer staff or if you're a reader raising money, you get entered in a drawing for games and other cool stuff we collect.

We can't include people who sponsor readers because we have no way to verify their donations as we don't have access to the readers' sponsor lists on the Extra Life site. But this is all to help heal kids. So I hope no one will mind us doing our best to generate donations for this worthy cause. :)
    edited October 2010
    hey! the RPGamer team is over the $1,000 mark! congrats everyone and thanks everyone for all the donations! We're only just over 30% to our goal so keep up the good work, still have a long way to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited October 2010
    So far we have prize confirmation from XSEED Games and NIS America (just no idea what yet). There are also some prizes that staff are donating as well.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited October 2010
    We also got a few more prizes from some of our good friends, so we will let you know soon!
  • PawsPaws BEARSONA RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2010
    Nyx said:
    We also got a few more prizes from some of our good friends, so we will let you know soon!

Nyx shared some of her list of prizes with me last night, it is a seriously epic list.
  • AurianAurian Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    So who should I donate to? C.mon, which person is worth my $? ;)
  • NekobasuNekobasu RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2010
    Donate to anyone who's close to receiving $192.

Spoiler:
    They'll get a free t-shirt!
    edited October 2010
    i'm worthy! *jumps around*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
  • RaseleanneRaseleanne New Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    Greetings fellow ExtraLife-ers! Here's my shameless plug for my page: https://www.hospitalshelpingkids.org/ExtraLife/m.aspx?i=190784B56ABEE42+E

Additionally, I have a twitter page if anyone wants to see what I am up to on The Big Day (link on my donor page). Anyone going to be playing Borderlands that day? Or perhaps Demon's Souls around... level 66?
    edited October 2010
    I will also be tweeting all day on the 16th. Thank goodness Fowl will be up with me all night making sure I don't fall asleep.

Also, I wish I had a copy of Demon's Souls or Boardlands to play with everyone, but I need to be a good girl and not spend money for awhile. :(
    edited October 2010
    i'll tweet and maybe do that picture-in-picture video thing with the live feed with chris like last year.. though i have to drive to salt lake on saturday for work so i'll be here most of the day, then will do the rest on a make-up day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlitzmageBlitzmage Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    Just got to my goal today!!!! I think i may have made it to getting a t shirt
    edited October 2010
    Blitzmage said:
    Just got to my goal today!!!! I think i may have made it to getting a t shirt

Congrats! Let's keep this up, guys! :D We are getting there!
  • BlitzmageBlitzmage Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    Getting my list for extra life ready
    So far
    Fallout 3 (Finishing up little things like trophies)
    Disgaea PSP
    Resident Evil Code Veronica X
    Dragon Quest IX
  • HyristHyrist formally jiroo chan 007 Full Members
    edited October 2010
    This is the second year in a row I'll have to pass. I just had to relocate my living arrangement, and I just can't afford to take time off, or even donate.
    edited October 2010
    Blitzmage said:
    Getting my list for extra life ready
    So far
    Fallout 3 (Finishing up little things like trophies)
    Disgaea PSP
    Resident Evil Code Veronica X
    Dragon Quest IX

I've been slowly thinking of games I want to play during Extra Life myself. Thankfully, my boyfriend and sis are spending the day with me playing games, so I will get to have a few multiplayer experiences!

Here's currently what I'm going to work on, me thinks.

Magic Encyclopedia - Moon Light [PC]
    Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey [DS]
    Final Fantasy: Four Warriors of Light [DS]
    Kirby's Canvas Curse [DS]
    Yakuza 2 [PS2]
    Rock Band [Xbox 360]
    Scott Pilgrim vs the World: The Game [PSN]

And a bunch of old SNES games like Super Mario All Stars, and I'll probably bust out Sonic's Ultimae Genesis Collection to play some awesome old platformers and beat'em ups. :D
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited October 2010
    How fun, Extra Life is the same day I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed. XP Well, I donated already anyway.

By the way...
    Courtesy of XSEED
    •Arc Rise Fantasia (Wii)
    When did XSEED get ARF back, and why didn't anyone tell me?!
    " I think this is why aging makes humans die! "
  • CipherinthesnoWCipherinthesnoW Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    So I'm curious, what games are you all going to play? Have you guys posted lists or anything? *edit* Duh, I didn't see some of the earlier posts, nvmd. ;p Go Extra Life!
  • RaseleanneRaseleanne New Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    Here's my game lineup for The Big Day:

Borderlands (PS3)
    Darksiders (PS3)
    Minecraft (PC)
    Cities of M'dhoria (PC)
    Cursed Mountain (Wii)

And Chrono Cross (PS1) if I am feeling nostalgic.