If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Pack Up!

PawsPaws PurrRPGamer Staff
It's finally arrived!

We're moving to the vB software on <span style="text-decoration:underline">Wednesday, July 14th</span>; the upgrade is planned between 4pm and 11pm PST. Not sure when that is for you? http://www.timeanddate.com/
The database will move with us, but we expect to have a fair few bumps along the way:
1. If you feel a thread would be damaged by a loss of posts (such as the RP section and the Completed Games List), please archive your work Wedneday morning. We don't expect any loss.
2. The spoiler tag may be down. You've been warned, and we apologize if anyone sees something they didn't want to.
3. Most users will find they cannot log in when visiting the forums for the first time. Please request a password reset. We apologize for the inconvenience. If for some reason your password reset does not come through, users can email board@rpgamer.com starting after 10am PST on Thursday July 15th.

Please feel free to post any questions you may have here before 10am PST that morning.

Comments

• shentinoshentino Member Full Members
    edited July 2010
    I'm going to wait till she sings but it's nice to see the fat lady get over her sore throat.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited July 2010
    I've been on the auto-login cookie for like 4 years. I can't even remember my password anymore. laugh.gif
    edited July 2010
    Hey Paws, will you still be admin after the switch?
  • SorenSoren ..not a pony.. Full Members
    edited July 2010
    We will be working on the completed games list to update. Just incase. inlove.gif
    Driving FB bonkers for years. Paw's Wife.
  • CidolfasCidolfas Member Full Members
    edited July 2010
    Woo! Finally!

Not sure why the spoiler tag has to change. Another site I visit has vBulletin and a working spoiler tag (although the tag is [Spoiler instead of [Spoil).
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited July 2010
    It's not that we won't have spoiler tags, it's more that old tags won't be working until someone edits them.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited July 2010
    I'll believe it when I see it.

On another subject does anyone have any cheat codes for either infinite health and/or ammo in Duke Nukem Forever? The last boss is really a pain in the rear.
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2010
    I've been on the auto-login cookie for like 4 years. I can't even remember my password anymore. laugh.gif
    We have a number of members who will be in the same situation. Resetting the passwords is both necessary and smart, so I'm glad we're doing it.
    edited July 2010
    Hey Paws, will you still be admin after the switch?
    That's under discussion. Right now, likely; we may change up how the moderation team functions, and if so we'll hammer those out once we transfer and post whatever information is necessary.
    edited July 2010
    Not sure why the spoiler tag has to change. Another site I visit has vBulletin and a working spoiler tag (although the tag is [Spoiler instead of [Spoil).
    We've built several custom tags and features onto the boards over the years, including the way spoilers work; converting to a system that has spoiler tags innately built in will mean some adjustment and we want to warn people in case that adjustment is not universal. Mac is correct; we'll be fixing it.
  • SorenSoren ..not a pony.. Full Members
    edited July 2010
    So negative, Shentino. Geez.
    Driving FB bonkers for years. Paw's Wife.
    edited July 2010
    Wow am I subtle...

Why would I need cheat codes unless I already had the game?

Implication: We have a miracle smile.gif

And looking at the memberlist it seems we got some more "stale zeroes"

• sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited July 2010
    I do have a functioning spoiler tag for the new boards. Some current posts may not transition correctly though.
    179811.png
    edited July 2010
    Judging from some puttering around on the vB demo site it looks like preservation of "newbies can't create threads" will require promotions, ditto for the custom title thingy.
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited July 2010
    Finally! It'll be good to finally be rid of this ancient decrepit software. The only thing I'll miss is the lack of double spacing between sentences displaying in posts on vB software.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
    edited July 2010
    To be frank Simple Machines would have been a good alternative if vB wasn't good.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited July 2010
    I know Shen. Anyway, let's hope it goes smoothly.
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited July 2010
    Hah, I'll have you know a number of the SQL queries that enabled me to do the migration came from one of the writers of Simple Machines Forum. :) Thanks again, Unknown!
    179811.png
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited July 2010
    Hell, has it frozen over? :)
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    edited July 2010
    Macstorm wrote: »
    Hell, has it frozen over? :)

It has. And it's wonderful.
    ClixPsi.png