If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

We've Moved!

PawsPaws PurrRPGamer Staff
edited January 2011 in Forum Rules & Announcements
Hello all, and welcome to the much-improved vB RPGamer forums.

You will have to reset your password before you can log into your account. The fastest way to do this is to attempt to log in and follow the link provided.
Accounts that had zero posts registered before January 1st 2010 and not logged in during the current calendar year have been purged. We will be continuing to remove dormant and spam accounts, and we apologize if any accounts are removed in error. Please re-make your account if this is your situation.
Settings such as signature, avatar, time zone, etc will need to be updated.

The most common problem will be users who no longer remember or have access to their email address they registered with. You won't need to contact me if it remains the same, just try to log in and follow the instructions.
If you cannot retrieve your password because of an old address, please email board@rpgamer.com (this will come to me) with the following information:
--> Your former email (if you remember it) and current IP address, and the new email you would like associated with the account.
Can't find your IP? whatismyip.com
**NB**: Please do not create a new account with the email you want your old account changed to, as it will gum up the works ;)

Thanks for your continued support and we are happy to be finally moved. A huge thank you goes to the development team for working very hard on this, particularly Chris, Mikel, and Ed.

Comments

• PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2010
    We are currently troubleshooting. If you have an issue or feedback, please post it here.

--The swear filter may not be working as intended. Don't test us, or it.

>>>Completed
    --Avatar and signature settings were too small. They have been corrected.
    --Currently users can set custom titles. Most posters will currently have a title duplicate to their forum class.
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited July 2010
    It's nice to see the new board up and running. I am looking forward to playing around with the new features. Will the forum skin be changing any time soon? While the default skin looks fine, it looks nothing like the main site and clashes someting fierce as a result.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
    edited July 2010
    An RPGamer skin is on the to-do list, but we'll be squashing bugs and altering settings for the rest of the week as a priority first.
    edited July 2010
    That makes sense. In any event, considering how the previous board didn't match, I am fine with this board's current look.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited July 2010
    The new hotness is hot and new. I dig it.
  • SorenSoren ..not a pony.. Full Members
    edited July 2010
    .....*sighs at teh hubby* And.. Pooprocket rides again.
    Driving FB bonkers for years. Paw's Wife.
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited July 2010
    Everything looks great. You guys did a terrific job. =)
  • shentinoshentino Member Full Members
    edited July 2010
    It's about #*(&$@#( time ^^
  • lithoroselithorose Fire! Fire! Meiuuu! Full Members
    edited July 2010
    Yaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I like it here.
    edited July 2010
    shentino wrote: »
    It's about #*(&$@#( time ^^
    Always some smart *** comment, huh?

Man, that's annoying. Just saying.
    edited July 2010
    Thanks to Chris, Mikel, and Ed, for their tireless work. And to Paws. For being her awesome self as well. Working on everything.

And to all the boardies that have been patient with the crew during the change. Patience is appreciated. :)
    edited July 2010
    Thanks to FB and Soren who did some user-end testing for us on their non-admin accounts as well.
    edited July 2010
    *cackles* I get paid in all the best ways though. ^_^ /code
    edited July 2010
    I'm annoyed at how long it took, what with all the reassignments. My rage is towards Murphy for messing with the process so much.

But yes, I am quite grateful to all the codemonkeys for their hard work. Bravissimo!
    edited July 2010
    shentino wrote: »
    I'm annoyed at how long it took, what with all the reassignments.
    Dude. They didn't have to do anything (including upgrading the board. They could have just left is as is.) for anybody. Least of all you. Get annoyed all you want, but get over it.
    edited July 2010
    Uh...I revised my post while you were responding. Double check and make sure your reply is still valid.
  • SilentwolfSilentwolf Only Silence Full Members
    edited July 2010
    Dude. They didn't have to do anything (including upgrading the board. They could have just left is as is.) for anybody. Least of all you. Get annoyed all you want, but get over it.

Amen.

At any rate, it's nice to see an upgrade to the board and props to the effort of all involved, migrating something with a userbase this large must be hard work. Most of us, I think, are grateful and looking forward to seeing what lies in store, including an RPGamer skin!
    Every sailor knows the tale
    of those becalmed at sea
    though at peace they can be found
    at peace they never be.
    edited July 2010
    I am too.

Like I said, I'm just upset at Murphy's Law for delaying it so long.

I for one certainly don't envy the hard work the staff had to go through to pull this miracle off.

To be frank, a few purple hearts wouldn't be out of line.
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2010
    Hooray *jigs*
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
    edited July 2010
    It's nice to see the boards looking all new and shiny. It looks like the size issue for avatars and signature images has been fixed. Good going there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ACPACP A Crustacean in a Pot Full Members
    edited July 2010
    Ooooh. Shiny!
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
    edited July 2010
    Have you considered a board wide email to put people on notice of the need to redo their registration?
    edited July 2010
    How about an update on the main site detailing the new status of the message boards?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Speaking of the main site the hyperlink on this page is wrong now: http://board.rpgamer.com

Also, the rules page there is out of date wrt the number of posts required to be allowed to post, though that one might need to wait until the staffers finish tinkering in the admin panel.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited July 2010
    Yay we've moved!
    How about an update on the main site detailing the new status of the message boards?

This would be nice.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • OyashiroOyashiro NEEDS MOAR UNDERBOOB! Full Members
    edited July 2010
    Awww, We can't make groups? :(
    Give me Underboob, or give me death!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe
  • BoltsBolts This made France awesome. Full Members
    edited July 2010
    A new skin is my greatest desire right now, though in truth I'd just like to see the "new posts" and "no new posts" images changed to something a little easier to differentiate between with just a passing glance.
    que?
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited July 2010
    Bolts wrote: »
    A new skin is my greatest desire right now, though in truth I'd just like to see the "new posts" and "no new posts" images changed to something a little easier to differentiate between with just a passing glance.

The light grey and light blue are distinct enough for me. I can see where other people might have trouble.

I think there's a way to default the forum to showing only threads with new posts if the icons aren't doing it for you.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • BoltsBolts This made France awesome. Full Members
    edited July 2010
    shoptroll wrote: »
    The light grey and light blue are distinct enough for me. I can see where other people might have trouble.

I think there's a way to default the forum to showing only threads with new posts if the icons aren't doing it for you.

The light grey and blue are distinct yes. However when a topic becomes hot they both appear orange with only a very hard to distinguish open or closed envelope to mark them.
    que?
    edited July 2010
    Oyashiro wrote: »
    Awww, We can't make groups? :(

We deliberately disabled that, yes.

We're in the process of correcting and updating the links and rules; that should be done today.
This discussion has been closed.