If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

We've Moved!

13»

Comments

• FoxworthFoxworth Practical Problem Solver Administrators
    edited July 2010
    Powerlord wrote: »
    Edit:
    It seems odd that the Profile Picture size is smaller than the Avatar size.

Fixed. Profile pic is now 220x500 max
    This space for rent.
  • shentinoshentino Member Full Members
    edited July 2010
    Happy birthday Paws!
  • lithoroselithorose Fire! Fire! Meiuuu! Full Members
    edited July 2010
    Not sure if this is a bug in the forums or on my end, but when loading pages I'm getting a lot of blank space at the bottom of a lot of pages, like it isn't finished loading.
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2010
    Has anyone else noticed the poor refresh rate on read/unread threads? I've noticed that every time I go back to the forum main page, the icon is still lit up saying that there are unread threads in that section, even though there aren't.
    God's Final Message to His creation, written in thirty-foot high letters of fire on the side of the Quentulus Quazgar Mountains:
    We Apologize for the Inconvenience
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    edited July 2010
    omegabyte wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed the poor refresh rate on read/unread threads? I've noticed that every time I go back to the forum main page, the icon is still lit up saying that there are unread threads in that section, even though there aren't.

Basically, to have it recognize that everything is read, you have to leave the thread, head back to the board that the thread is in, and THEN head to the main page of the forums. Skipping the middle part will result in an unread icon even if you have read all the threads in that board.
    ClixPsi.png
    edited July 2010
    Clix wrote: »
    Basically, to have it recognize that everything is read, you have to leave the thread, head back to the board that the thread is in, and THEN head to the main page of the forums. Skipping the middle part will result in an unread icon even if you have read all the threads in that board.

Yeah, I've figured that out, but that seems like a pretty annoying bug to me.
    God's Final Message to His creation, written in thirty-foot high letters of fire on the side of the Quentulus Quazgar Mountains:
    edited July 2010
    Speaking of bugs, often times the forum tries to double post in the misc section. It catches itself with flood control by showing an error about 30 seconds between posts.
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, I've figured that out, but that seems like a pretty annoying bug to me.

It's annoying, but not a bug.
    edited July 2010
    shentino wrote: »
    Speaking of bugs, often times the forum tries to double post in the misc section. It catches itself with flood control by showing an error about 30 seconds between posts.

You're the only one who has reported this. Change your mouse click sensitivity.
    edited July 2010
    Paws wrote: »
    It's annoying, but not a bug.

Unless the forum has been explicitly programmed to behave that way (and I can't imagine why it would be), then yes, it's a bug. A minor bug, but a bug none the less.
    edited July 2010
    Unless the forum has been explicitly programmed to behave that way (and I can't imagine why it would be), then yes, it's a bug. A minor bug, but a bug none the less.

The old forums used to do that on Ikonforums (fixed with Ikonboards).
    ClixPsi.png
    edited July 2010

It was; as Clix noted most forums are this way. There's a mark all read at the bottom that will de-colour them.
  • envydeienvydei Traveler Full Members
    edited July 2010
    I don't know if this is where to post it or not, but this is a concern brought up to me by members of Saving Throw. The board logs us out relatively quickly if we do not post. This can be really problematic for some of us who take a long time to write very long posts in our RPG's since the site doesn't save the post once it logs us out, so we effectively lose everything we just worked on.
    edited July 2010
    I just checked it, it's at minimum.

I just got it again after giving my mouse a fresh pair of batteries.

Also, I tried double clicking on the button and it didn't trigger it.

Anyway if it keeps happening and you can't find a solution I suppose I could file a bug report with the vB folks.

EDIT: Happened again while I was posting this.
  • lithoroselithorose Fire! Fire! Meiuuu! Full Members
    edited July 2010
    envydei, do you have the "Remember Me" box checked? I've had problems with lots of forums over the years if I don't have that one checked. And while it's not a direct solution, getting in the habit of hitting CTRL+A and then CTRL+C with every post helps a lot.
    edited July 2010
    envydei wrote: »
    I don't know if this is where to post it or not, but this is a concern brought up to me by members of Saving Throw. The board logs us out relatively quickly if we do not post. This can be really problematic for some of us who take a long time to write very long posts in our RPG's since the site doesn't save the post once it logs us out, so we effectively lose everything we just worked on.

We have a number of members who access the forums from public facilities; if you want to stay logged in for extended periods of time, choose remember me / have your browser remember your password / log out manually.

To address the problem the RP boards were having, the character limit has increased from 10 000 to 100 000. Have fun.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited July 2010
    Curious. Does the board software here support animated .gif for avatars?
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited July 2010
    Paws wrote: »
    It was; as Clix noted most forums are this way. There's a mark all read at the bottom that will de-colour them.

Or double click on the sub-board icon which will mark the sub-forum as read.

EDIT: It also marks a thread you quick reply in as unread. I've seen that in other VBull installs as well.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited July 2010
    shoptroll wrote: »
    Or double click on the sub-board icon which will mark the sub-forum as read.

EDIT: It also marks a thread you quick reply in as unread. I've seen that in other VBull installs as well.

Ahah! I was wondering why I always come back to find icons highlighted only to discover I've already read these comments. How pesky.
  • FoxworthFoxworth Practical Problem Solver Administrators
    edited July 2010
    Curious. Does the board software here support animated .gif for avatars?

Currently it does (provided your avatar is below the size requirement).
    This space for rent.
  • MiyosakaMiyosaka Member Full Members
    edited July 2010
    Looks good.
    thanks for reading
  • Holy_DragoonHoly_Dragoon Member Full Members
    edited July 2010
    Finally!
    I had a hell of a time entering the image codes or sound check, I had 3 people I know try it before one of us finally got through on a sound verify. You guys may want to check the image verification process.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "To be forgotten is worse than death."
  • AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Quick question about usernames, if there's a cross next to a name in the online user list, does that mean the person is posting?
    edited August 2010
    + means that person is one of your forum friends.
    ClixPsi.png
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Hey, a question for the mods... I was not sure where to post this so here is as good as any I suppose. Do you guys have any plans to create a custom RPGamer forum look now that the board has been up and running for a while pretty smoothly?
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
This discussion has been closed.