If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

vBulletin Tips & Tricks

shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travelFull Members
edited December 2011 in Site & Forum Support
Since we've moved over to the new forum software, I figured it'd be good to have a thread to illustrate new features and shortcuts that we didn't have before.

For example,

When creating a post you can use shortcut keys to quickly add styling to your text like in a word processor.

Ctrl+B
Ctrl+I
Ctrl+U

There's also a multi-quote button on the bottom right of each post which you can use to mark posts you want to reply to in a single post. Very handy.

Got other tips and tricks you've found? Post them here!
So long & thanks for all the fish!

Comments

• flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited July 2010
    The thread search feature now works. On ikonForum, you could see only the first page of results.
    If you type a plain username in the search box, you end up with when that username was mentioned in the thread. You have to click advanced in the thread search box if you want all posts from a specific user. I find it hard to believe I've posted exactly 100 times in the Shiniest Say Anything Thread, but it might be true. On the other hand, it might be a 100 hits limit on search returns. EDIT: Nope, definitely just a coincidence.

The new posts feature is now available to all users. It is at the upper left of the control bar. Use it to catch up on the latest discussion.

It says I posted this about 10 hours after I actually did because the default time zone setting is Moscow (GMT+3). Change it by clicking Settings at the top, then General Settings.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited July 2010
    You've got 101 according to the listing: http://board.rpgamer.com/forum/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=15259

To pull up a list (in a seperate window) of how many posts you have on a thread, just click the number of replies from the forum list.
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited July 2010
    I wonder if you can post in unicode.
    日本語

EDIT: You can!
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited July 2010
    I'll be watching this thread guys. Been updating the newbie guide as fast as I can because the info in it was pretty outdated, and it's a real dino now -- so any info here is welcome.
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • CidolfasCidolfas Member Full Members
    edited July 2010
    vBulletin comes with a rich text editor; if you set it on, you don't have to worry about vBcode at all, you can see it right in the editing window. Definitely recommended!
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited July 2010
    I'm not sure if this works for non-moderators, but if you double click on the icon for a sub-board from the main forum listing it'll mark all the threads inside as read.
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited July 2010
    It should work for everyone.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • kkhohohokkhohoho New Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    I' m not sure where to put this, so just bear with me.

Hi there; I just joined this forum, and wished to make a thread on this site. Unfortunately, I can't do that--at all. Can someone please help me out here?
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    edited February 2011
    kkhohoho wrote: »
    I' m not sure where to put this, so just bear with me.

Hi there; I just joined this forum, and wished to make a thread on this site. Unfortunately, I can't do that--at all. Can someone please help me out here?

You need at least 10 posts.
    ClixPsi.png
  • kkhohohokkhohoho New Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    I see. Thanks. Guess I'll have to be a bit active around here.
  • MistertomMistertom New Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    shoptroll wrote: »
    Since we've moved over to the new forum software, I figured it'd be good to have a thread to illustrate new features and shortcuts that we didn't have before.

For example,

When creating a post you can use shortcut keys to quickly add styling to your text like in a word processor.

Ctrl+B
    Ctrl+I
    Ctrl+U

There's also a multi-quote button on the bottom right of each post which you can use to mark posts you want to reply to in a single post. Very handy.

Got other tips and tricks you've found? Post them here!

I just tried it with Chrome and Roulette Tipps seems not to work but it works properly with Firefox. Is there any difference? I'd like to switch to Chrome and think it's a pretty cool feature to use.