If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Runic Games Announce Torchlight II

QuinQuin これはメタですRPGamer Staff
edited August 2010 in Latest Updates
Feeling all alone in the darkness? Runic understands your pain, and soon you can matchmake to find your perfect dungeon-delving partner.

[News]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Comments

• PawsPaws BEARSONA RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2010
    Yum. Do want.
  • watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamer Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Guess I should finish the first one before next year then.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited August 2010
    watcher said:
    Guess I should finish the first one before next year then.

I should probably buy the first one. It's been on the wishlist for a while I just haven't gotten the itch for a Diablo-esque game since I wrapped up Borderlands. Granted, Starcraft II has done a great job of sucking me back into Blizzard's clutches again, so I think it's only a matter of time.

I'm looking forward to seeing if a community rivalry starts up between Diablo III and Torchlight II. It's going to be great to have options :D Oh and crossing fingers for a Mac release so I can get the GF to play too.

EDIT: Interview on PCGamer
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Guess they changed their minds about the MMO? I'm not going to complain. Co-op, here I come.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Rebochan said:
    Guess they changed their minds about the MMO? I'm not going to complain. Co-op, here I come.

Interview makes it sound like this is a step in the direction of the MMO. Basically, this will allow them to make a co-op Torchlight (which everyone was asking for) and add outdoor environments in a lower risk project.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • PawsPaws BEARSONA RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2010
    The MMO is still coming.

Also, for those that haven't bought it already, it'll be 75% off on Gamer's Gate this weekend (starting Thursday).
  • AzilisAzilis Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    The addition of an outdoor areas is a big plus for me. The pure dungeon-crawl with lots and lots of narrow corridors gets old after a while. I hope for actual skill trees this time around, though (rather than skill tiers). Diablo II's skill trees are still the best I've seen. I don't mind when a game like Sacred 2 comes along with a completely different way of doing things (customizable skill slots in equipment were the primary way to increase skill levels), but the skill point system in Torchlight just felt like a stripped down version of Diablo 2's system. It didn't allow for that many distinct character builds, which hurt replay value.
  • ShinseitoriShinseitori Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    The original didn't give me much replay. Here's hoping the next one captures a bit more of that Diablo magic.
    Rise!