If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Sofuto kuriimu - Japandemonium for August 6th, 2010

GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
edited August 2010 in Latest Updates
Let's beat the heat together. Ice cream for all!

Comments

• CidolfasCidolfas Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    I don't remember seeing anything about Sola&Robo before. Those scans make it look quite Ghibli-like, though. Did you cover it before?

Is it just me, or is practically every anime-themed game having women getting more blatantly Stripperiffic all the time? It's always been a trope but lately it seems inescapable.
  • JormungandJormungand Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Though I mentioned it in my other thread (and, like the fanboy I am, I will continue to do so in every future thread about the game) Shining Hearts is set to be scored by Secret of Mana composer Hiroki Kikuta!
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2010
    Cidolfas said:
    I don't remember seeing anything about Sola&Robo before. Those scans make it look quite Ghibli-like, though. Did you cover it before?

Is it just me, or is practically every anime-themed game having women getting more blatantly Stripperiffic all the time? It's always been a trope but lately it seems inescapable.

He's covered it quite a bit, in fact. Go back a few Japandemoniums and you can learn the protagonist's deep dark secret... that he is a were-human.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    I wonder what Enixsoft has to say about Shining Hearts appropriation of what looks to be a keyblade ...
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2010
    Tsk, tsk, Ocelot! Spoiler markers! ;p

Though honestly, I wasn't expecting to have Sola&Robo in the column any more. The material that's popped up in Famitsu the last few times was so spoileriffic that I didn't even want to read it.

And noob, Wild ARMs 2 had a villain with a giant magic attack key well before Kingdom Hearts came out. I don't think there are grounds for copyrighting the concept ;)
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2010
    GaijinMonogatari said:
    Tsk, tsk, Ocelot! Spoiler markers! ;p
    Tell that to the Collector's Edition cover. I am unrepentant.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
    edited August 2010
    '"Repent, Ocelot!" Said the Tsk-Tsk Man'
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Another great article. Thanks for the fan service.
    I would like to get my hands on Solarobo and Shining Hearts.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, no reason to bash on Sega.

Gameloft, on the other hand... Wow. I know copyright laws aren't as stringently enforced in Japan, but certainly Nintendo would have a great case of copyright. It's so blatant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • silktailsilktail mild peril Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Wait a moment, isn't that " Monster Chronicle" game the same as Gameloft's "Crystal Monsters", that they brought out over here a couple of weeks ago?

Is Shining Hearts' Keyblade actually a weapon? The picture makes it look like a normal (but slightly larger than average) key.... Maybe it's just a key to people's hearts.
    edited August 2010
    Darnit, silktail, I really thought I'd had that verified as JP-only when I wrote the column!

*double checks*

They've changed the information on GameFAQs since last I looked.... *facepalm*