If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Take Trick or Treating to the Max with Costume Quest

OcelotOcelot is not declawedRPGamer Staff
edited August 2010 in Latest Updates
Most of us are old enough that knocking on doors and asking for candy would cause our neighbours to call the police. Double Fine invites us to return to a Halloween full of costumes, make believe, and sugar rushes from the safety and comfort of our home consoles.

[The Story]

Article correction: Rather than featuring action combat, Costume Quest's combat appears to be primarily turn based, but with timed attacks mapped to button presses, similar to the combat found in the Mario RPG series. Thanks, Kotaku!
Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    This looks like an interesting game... I am curious to see how many and what kind of costumes will be available to choose from and the extent of customization for skills and what not.
  • PawsPaws BEARSONA RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2010
    This looks like one of those ridiculously stupid games I invariably love.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2010
    Correction regarding the battle system posted above.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2010
    This looks like a game that's right up my alley. I'll be watching this one more closely, I think. :)
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited August 2010
    This is worth keeping an eye on. I enjoyed both Psychonauts and Br
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2010
    This one isan't actually a Tim Schafer game. The lead dev is Tasha Harris, Double Fine's lead animator. It's absolutely looking like it's up my alley. :)
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, I know, but I still have high hopes. :)
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Debut trailer

Looks very promising.