If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale to Release on Impulse

NyxNyx Staff Girly GirlRPGamer Staff
edited September 2010 in Latest Updates
For those of you who have been playing the Recettear demo like crazy, Carpe Fulgur has some great news for you. How great? Well, you won't have to worry about the black market coming after your organs, that's for sure.

Story.

Comments

• PawsPaws BEARSONA RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2010
    That was fast. I'd prefer GG, but Impulse is still way better then the alternatives. Looking forward to it.
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Impulse is one of the least obtrusive DRMs out there. You must connect to the internet for one thing only: To download the game. You never need to connect again after that, but you must leave the Impulse client software installed.
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited August 2010
    That is a shame. I guess I won't be getting the game any time soon, then. If I have to download software just to buy a game, than that is a purchase that the publisher loses out on. Until the game is available standalone without having to download a program to purchase it, I am going to have to give this game a pass. It's a shame because I was really looking forward to the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
    edited August 2010
    Unlike steam, you can uninstall it directly after.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Cool to hear they found a distributor. I'm a bit surprised Steam isn't getting a release but there's probably a reason for that and I've heard nothing bad about Impulse so this is probably going to be a title to push me to getting Impulse installed.
    MonCapitan2002 said:
    That is a shame. I guess I won't be getting the game any time soon, then. If I have to download software just to buy a game, than that is a purchase that the publisher loses out on. Until the game is available standalone without having to download a program to purchase it, I am going to have to give this game a pass. It's a shame because I was really looking forward to the game.

The chances of that happening with most commercial (no matter how big or small) is slim to none. Especially after what's happened in the past with titles like World of Goo, Zeno Clash, or Machinarium which suffered from 90% or greater piracy rates.

Just suck it up and download the store client. It's not going to kill you.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
    edited August 2010
    edited August 2010
    I'm thinking Impulse. Less restrictions, you know? However, it's $2 extra :plain:
    edited August 2010
    Temporarily it's cheaper on Steam.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2010
    Thumbs-up for the Steam availability, for those of us who are too lazy to use more than one digital download service. :D
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Will this game end being on the PSN and XBLA? I'll wait for a while.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
    edited August 2010
    Andrew Dice (publisher) has said no to that question in more uncertain terms.
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Money talks anyway. I'm paranoid about having running services on my PC. This game looks good and it remains me a little about Falcom games.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited September 2010
    shoptroll said:
    Cool to hear they found a distributor. I'm a bit surprised Steam isn't getting a release but there's probably a reason for that and I've heard nothing bad about Impulse so this is probably going to be a title to push me to getting Impulse installed.

The chances of that happening with most commercial (no matter how big or small) is slim to none. Especially after what's happened in the past with titles like World of Goo, Zeno Clash, or Machinarium which suffered from 90% or greater piracy rates.

Just suck it up and download the store client. It's not going to kill you.
    I refuse to suck it up. I'll simply have to do without. I can at least still enjoy the demo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Capitalism Ho! Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Then the both of you want to get the game from Gamersgate: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-RAIST/recettear-an-item-shops-tale

The only thing Gamersgate loads besides the actual game software is a tiny download assistant that's pretty much there to ensure you don't lose data in the event of a disconnection. It can be completely deleted after that, and then you may copy the Recettear game software wherever and as often as you like. (Just don't copy it to pirate networks, please :V )
    edited September 2010
    Excellent, I have enough Blue Coins for it too *buys*
  • The DoomhammerThe Doomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Whoa, Drake you got it on steam! good work! first heard about the game on SA, definitely be getting it once it's released.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2010
    I know I'll be buying this day one. :)