If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

33: SUPERHERO Game

Comments

• TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    (Note: I never said LALA was at the door to Jim's house. Just in front of the house)
    **And I've never actually said it, so I'll say it now: the year is 2030-ish

Koto impersonates the sirens (more specifically, a Sonic area effect focused at the top of the street). She discovers it's actually pretty hard to create a complex sound like modern day police sirens, but the thugs don't seem to notice the difference.

"S**t! Cops are coming!" the punks on the hood of the police car curse in unison, then run to the other punks on the lawn of Jim's house. They ignore LALA and nearly knock her down in their haste.

"What do we do?"

"Someone tipped them off! Those cops did not have time to radio for help."

"What about the girl?"

"She's crazy. No way she has a phone on her."

"Whatever, man! Is Zip finished with Jim yet?"

"Nah, he's putting up a fight."

"Okay...one minute. Just give him one more minute."

The punks are spooked, but it looks like they're going to hold their ground...for now.

TIP OF THE PAGE: Explore your environment! Even a boring looking suburb hides a few goodies for you to use. Don't forget to search your surroundings for useful tools.
  • AdremmelechAdremmelech The Original Playa... Full Members
    edited September 2010
    (Sorry about that. When I think of a suburban house I think of them with a small yard and a huge tree very close to the house. The only place I could see her standing and not be in the middle of the guys near the tree was on the porch.)
  • AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Tom looks for an entrance that is not covered by the thugs, even breaking in a window if he has to. He doesn't fancy his chances againt thugs, with three guns in the open.
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    (how far away from the thugs is koto?)
  • EnyoEnyo Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    L.A.L.A. quickly recovers her balance after the thugs nearly run her over. "Pardon me." she apologizes, making sure she is vertically oriented again first before continuing on her path to the house. From the sound inside, it appeared as if a crime was in progress, so L.A.L.A. moved towards the house, stopping only a moment to inform the thugs near the tree of the present danger before continuing towards the door so she could move inside.
    edited September 2010
    AGATHA STREET
    MISSION: Stop the thugs
    TIME: Around Noon
    ENVIRONMENT: Sunny, Warm

Koto is about 50 ft. from the thugs, but she has lots of cover. Jericho continues to watch from a distance.

Tom figures there is a back door and makes his way down the fence of the neighbour's yard until he is roughly aligned to the backyard. He grabs the top of the fence and lifts himself just high enough to see the back door. Jim's backyard is poorly kept and there is more mud than grass. Jim's car is parked near the fence and there is a shed about 10 ft. away from the car. There is some lumber piled on the far side of Jim's backyard, but Tom isn't sure what that is for. Jim's backdoor is a single patio door that exits directly into the yard. There is a window into what appears to be the kitcen, but there is no cover by the backdoor. There doesn't appear to be a lookout watching the backyard.

LALA begins to walk up to the house, but she is stopped when one of the thugs, the guy holding the uzi, grabs her by the shoulder.

"Woah, hold up! What makes you think this is any of your business?"

"I'm telling you, the kid is retarded."

"I don't give a s**t. Get out of here, you stupid girl."
    edited September 2010
    Koto decides to blow a few windows out of Jim's house. While trying to keep hidden, and hoping the girl with the bubble wrap doesn't get herself killed.
    edited September 2010

BOOM! Most of the windows on the front of Jim's house are suddenly blown away. There is a scream from somewhere within Jim's house.

"Holy crap!" one of the thugs on the lawn shout.

"What the...?"

"Screw this s**t! I'm leaving," a thug with a knife suddenly spins around runs. He is joined by two more thugs leaving just the guy with the uzi and another guy with a pistol.
    edited September 2010
    L.A.L.A. looked up at the guy with the uzi that grabbed her shoulder "Please excuse me Sir. There is a crime in progress in the house nearby. I must be on my way to stop it. Thank you!" with that she moved to continue on her way into the house.
    edited September 2010
    "well, that went better than expected," Koto thinks to herself.

(If she can move without being spotted, she tries to get to the side of the house. Otherwise she holds her position and tries to support the bubble wrapped girl.)
    edited September 2010
    Still filming, Jericho moves closer to the house, moving to the next closest cover. "She is so dead. Oh man. She is going to need some help." He looks around the area near him to see if there is anything around that he can use for a blunt object. "This is kind of scary. I'm used to being more powerful than my opponent. Let's hope I don't get beat up."

Whatever he finds, he puts the camcorder down still filming the action as he moves even closer. He get as close as he can under cover. He will hide the object in his trench coat and approach the men. "Young lady! How many times have I told you not to wonder off like that? Why are you on these fine gentlemen's lawn? You know better than to bother people. I'm sorry, guys. She gets confused sometimes. Come on, dear. Lets leave the nice men alone. I'm sure there are other ways to occupy your time than being here disturbing people." He moves towards LALA and tries to persuade her to leave the scene. "Come on, sweetheart. Let's try something else less bothersome." He hopes she takes the hint.
    edited September 2010
    If the patio door is open, then Tom goes in, he'll try to conceal himself and listen for noise.
    If patio door is not open, then he uses the lockpick tools he has. If it opens, then revert back to my previous actions. If door doesn't open, then Tom tries to bust it open.
    edited September 2010
    AGATHA STREET

Jericho walks up to the thugs and begins his ruse. The thugs immediately point weapons at him and growl, but he must have said something that made sense to them because they allow him to approach and grab LALA (Persuasion Success on 2).

The back door to the house is open, so Tom pulls the door open. Unfortunately, this is one of those old screen doors, and it makes a noticeable squeeking noise when it opens.

"Hey, I heard something," someone says nearby. "I'm gonna check it out."

The door opens into a hall that runs the length of the house to the front door. There are rooms to Tom's left and right: the kitchen and dining room respectively. Neither room is particularly big. He doesn't have a good view into either room from his position at the back door, so he's not entirely what is going on in those rooms.
    edited September 2010
    L.A.L.A. looked confused at Jericho, unable to map his behavior to expected patterns: he behaved like he knew her, but L.A.L.A. memory banks showed no record of a previous encounter. Then again, there had been a series of deletion and restoration events a while back, so perhaps her memory bank was not completely intact. She schedueled a complete database diagnostic for later.

"There is a crime going on inside." L.A.L.A. answered Jericho's question as to what she was doing on the fine gentlemen's lawn. "I am going to stop it. Did you know crimes are illegal?"
    edited September 2010
    Jericho thinks back to his time in past wars where he needed to communicate what he wants without really speaking. He puts his arm around her sholder and tries to tap "Find another way in unnoticed". Not knowing if this will work, he tells her out loud, "The only crime here is the crime of fashion. You should have worn your pretty dress. I'm sorry, fellows. We will be moving along here. You get back to doing whatever it was you were doing." He looks down at LALA but says loud enough for them to hear, "We better leave. We dont want to get arrested for trespassing." He then tries to lead her away from the house, possibly across the street.
    edited September 2010
    "Yeah, you go buy her some clothes, you cheap old man," one of the thugs yell after Jericho.

TIP OF THE PAGE: Buying stuff? Be sure to list prices and/or link to a price listing somewhere on the internet. Will I do it for you? Yes, yes I will. Of course, I won't actually reference anything, I'll grossly inflate the price of everything you buy, and you will likely end up spending way more than you normally would. In other words, YOU should really check prices, heh heh.

**Ref. sheets updated ON THE FIRST PAGE!
    edited September 2010
    Although she noticed the tapping, L.A.L.A.'s lower functions determined it to be sensor noise - after all, why would someone she did not know tap her a secret message? That did not make any sense.

"Are you sure there is no crime going on?" she asked. Once confirmed, L.A.L.A. decided she needed to re-evaluate the situation and let herself be led by Jericho across the street.

She scanned over the area again to list the facts. Inside the house were noises that seemed to indicate a fight. There were people nearby carrying weapons. A woman was sneaking up on the house covertly. It certainly seemed as if a crime was going on...

"You are trying to prevent me from stopping a crime." she concluded once they had reached the other side of the street. "Why is that?"
    edited September 2010
    Jericho quickly leads LALA away from the house far enough not to be notice by the men. He tries to find cover again. If LALA is still standing he will try to get her to kneel down.
    "You are trying to prevent me from stopping a crime." she concluded once they had reached the other side of the street. "Why is that?"

"Are you trying to get yourself killed? You don't just walk up to a crime scene like that! Don't they teach you to assess the situation before making a move, preferably with others on your side?" He points at the house. "You were right. There is a crime being committed there, but you have to think of a way of getting to that crime alive. If you weren't naked and wrapped in bubbles they would have killed you. And why are you naked?! Does the people of this time period not have a regard for clothing? What year is this anyway? Nevermind."

He looks around for the other two that were at the street corner with him. "Name's Jericho, by the way. Now, we need to find a better way of getting into that house that doesnt involve getting shot. The front door is a bad idea. Let's see if we can get in through the back."

(How old of a girl does LALA look like?)
    edited September 2010
    (Can Tom tell where the voice came from?)
    edited September 2010
    (Somewhere from the dining room to his right)
    edited September 2010
    (L.A.L.A. looks roughly 10 or 11. Sorry the picture isn't finished yet, I'm having some difficulty finding the base materials I need)

L.A.L.A. kneeled and listened to what Jericho had to say.

"Nice to meet you Jericho. My name is L.A.L.A.! " L.A.L.A. reported. "Front doors are not dangerous. Many people use them every day and they very rarely get hurt." she noted, moving to get up and head back towards the crime scene.
    edited September 2010
    "Whoa! Come back!" He pulls her back to cover. "They are dangerous if there are gun welding thugs standing outside of it. The two men with the weapons? They're look-outs. They are there to stop anyone from going in and alerting the people inside that there are people outside wanting to stop them. You want to use the front door, you have to get rid of them first." Jericho keeps averting his eyes to LALA's near nakedness. "What are you doing here anyway? Where are your parents? You are entirely too young to get into this kind of trouble. Do you have.." He stops and lowers his voice to a whisper, "...superpowers?"
    edited September 2010
    Tom will attempt to ambush the guy as he comes through the door. If the guy is carrying some sort of gun, then Tom tries to disarm him before taking him out.
    edited September 2010
    "You ask many questions." L.A.L.A. observed, having been pulled back to cover by Jericho "I am here to help people!" she explained. "Stopping crimes helps people." she reasoned "Do you wish to help me stop the crime? Then we will help people together!"
    edited September 2010
    Jericho sighs. He says to himself "Thanks a lot, dad. Great era you stranded me in!" He then says to LALA, "It's obvious that I can't stop you from killing yourself. If you do have superpowers then just go. I'm right behind you." Of course, Jericho wont be behind her when she gets to them. He waits for her to get some ways out in front of him before jumping back to cover and going around to flank the men. Jericho keeps looking around for a blunt object. He will jump them if things get out of hand.
    edited September 2010
    (Has Koto been able to approach the side of the house unnoticed?)
    edited September 2010
    (Koto can sneak over to the fence easily enough. Did you mean sneak directly up to the house itself?)
    edited September 2010
    (if she can without being seen. I just didn't see an update for Koto in your last post)
    edited September 2010
    (Ah. Sorry)
    AGATHA STREET

Tom quickly ducks outside and waits just outside the door. The young man that appears is, indeed, carrying a gun. When he exits, Tom quickly grabs the man's pistol hand and karate chops the gun away (Success on 2, -2 HP); however, he doesn't get a good grip on the guy, so he pulls away from Tom and crashes into the screen door. The old door looks dangerously close to being ripped off its hinges.

The guy is bounced off the door and back into Tom setting up another attack. The question is this: will Tom kill the guy or knock him out (unarmed attacks can easily be nonlethal)?

"What was that?" somebody else yells from within the house. "Hey...what's going on back there? Oh, crap..."

Koto watches as the funny girl escapes the grip of the guy with the trench coat and returns to the thugs on the lawn of the house. They move to block her, but everyone is surprised when someone knocks the glass out of a front window. There is a scream, and a guy in his 20's, covered in tattoos, appears at the window with a young woman in her arms. He has a gun pressed to her cheek.

"Get the f**k away from here! I'll kill her if you come near...wait, where are the cops? Aren't they in the back?" the now confused looking tattooed-guy asks the thugs on the lawn.

"The cops are coming in the back? S**t! They've got us! I'm out of here," the guy with the uzi turns and runs down the street. He's followed by the other thug leaving the guy with the hostage the only remaining punk.

With everyone distracted, Koto easily sneaks up to the side of the house. She is out of the hostage-taker's sight.
    TIP OF THE PAGE: Be a hero, not a vigilante. You can kill criminals and supervillains, but that makes you look bad in the eyes of the police and other factions. Some people may not like you for being too easy on crime, but would you rather have the entire police force on your tail or a couple vigilantes? Besides, most Bounties require you bring the perp in alive.
    edited September 2010
    L.A.L.A. approached the woman in the grasp of the tattooed thug with the gun. "It looks like you are being held hostage. Would you like help?" she queries.