If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

33: SUPERHERO Game

Comments

• EnyoEnyo Member Full Members
    edited January 2012
    (Nope, please go ahead and take action)
  • AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited January 2012
    OOC so we're smashing the pipes?
    edited January 2012
    (That's up to you - I'm waiting for you all to take actions)
    edited January 2012
    (Jericho will have to be the one to take out the pipes as Tom can't reach and Roboman has a electricity weapon, Electric falling water is never a good thing.)
  • AdremmelechAdremmelech The Original Playa... Full Members
    edited January 2012
    "Alright. Forget about the water. I may be able to disarm him. I think I can get to him without him seeing me. We need someone to get to the soldiers and get them to safety while I and one other subdue Destructo." Jericho makes his way back over to the column. He Far Steps a second time to as close to Destructo as possible and attempts to take the detonator from him. If successful, Jericho will Far Step away again and get rid of the detonator. If unsuccessful, he will set Destructo's suit on fire around the face area on his suit and continue to try to take the detonator.
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited January 2012
    (So, can I make a super strength hero PC? Nobody's replied to the idea in the utility thread)
    edited January 2012
    (I did).
    Tom tells Roboman to go get the soldiers whilst Tom and Jerry take on Destructo. Tom will also go for the detonator. If either of them are successful, Tom will smack the villian into sleepyland after first giving Jericho the detonator if he was the one to snag it. If unsuccessful he keeps trying to get the detonator.
    edited January 2012
    "My audience has arrived!" Destructo calls out, pleasantly surprised as he notices Tom and Jericho. "Now witness the awesome power of Dest..." -- BAF! --

Jericho Far Steps right next to Destructo, grabbing at the detonator, while Tom charges over the track, kicking off against the railroad switch and putting his foot where Destructo's face was talking about awesomeness. The only things that are awesome however are the head-crushing kick Tom delivers and Jericho dissapearing only moments after having arrived with Destructo's detonator!

(Double SUCCESS!!)

By the time Roboman arrives at the soldiers, Destructo is out cold on the ground and Jericho has disposed of the detonator.

"Oh my God!" one of the soldiers states in amazement "Who are you guys?!" another asks, staring in disbelief at how a supervillain who was about to kill them was taken down in one swoop like that.

*Ding Ding Ding*

Before the team can react to the soldiers, a subway cart stops at the intersection, having detected an obstruction on the rail. The doors open, and Sam, the automated conductor lady gives them a pleasant smile, speaking in L.A.L.A.'s voice however.

"Welcome to the L.A.L.A. Subway System! Would you like transportation?"
    edited January 2012
    (Are you dropping Jade Sun and going straight to MM?)
    edited January 2012
    (She needs to drop all these diverging questlines. It's better for her to start fresh with her own ideas and to forget about Jade Sun, Destructo, and all the other little things I had going on in the background)
    edited January 2012
    ( I am not briefed on what TG was planning with that (or with Destructo for that matter) - however, I feel that we need to pick up the pace with regards to the main quest line. Between that, and two rolls of three, I figured I could cut some corners. - if you are all wanting to go after the Jade Sun thing, then I'll adapt my plans :) )
    edited January 2012
    (Nah, Destructo was nobody. I'll tell you guys about Jade Sun after the mission is over)
    edited January 2012
    (I've got no problem with skipping Jade Sun Station, Acath?).
    edited January 2012
    (Not bothered, but aren't we supposed to be picking up Ripper?(
    edited January 2012
    (It's actually RUFFIAN waiting for you guys at Jade Sun. You will find Ripper with some military patrols )
    edited January 2012
    (As much as I would like to gather more independents for the fight, it looks like that's not going to happen so...)

Jericho ensures that he soldiers are unharmed, removing the explosives from them and disposing of them properly. He sends the soldiers on their marry way and approaches the subway car. "LALA? Is that you?" He enters the car and faces the hologram present. "You hacked into the system, eh? Wait. Where is your body? It's not laying somewhere unconscious, is it?"
    edited February 2012
    "Hacking the subway system would be illegal!" the hologram reported with shock "The subway companies policy prevents independent crime fighters from travelling during the Mecha Menace emergency. To save lives, it was necessary to change the policy. The only one who can change the policy is the companies director or it's owner. "

She didn't finish the line of reasoning.

"My body is currently inactive while it is being transported to Mecha Menace by train cart." she explained. "Would you like transportation?" she repeated her earlier question.

(If you want to gather other crime fighters, I am cool with that - L.A.L.A. has taken control of the subway system. She can provide transportation to the other hero's if you ask and you can meet up at Mecha Menace.)
    edited February 2012
    "Locate Ripper please Lala"
    edited February 2012
    "Yes. Do you think you can get us to a location where either Ripper or Ruffian and Stetson are? I would like to get all the help we can get."
    edited February 2012
    "I have located Ripper, Ruffian and Stetson. They are visible on the subway systems security camera's. Would you like me to transport them to Mecha Menace as well?" she inquired. "Someone will need to purchase a ticket for them though."
    edited February 2012
    "I'll have Ozzy send the rail people a check."
    edited February 2012
    "There you go, LALA. All paid up. Get us all together, please. Preferably in a non-radioactive area. And don't lose contact with that body of yours."
    edited February 2012
    "Thank you for travelling with L.A.L.A.'s subway system!" L.A.L.A.'s voice said through the conductor avatar. "I now have to return primary operations to my body as it has arrived at Mecha Menace's location. However, your conductor Sam will ensure your comfortable travels."

The avatar blinked on and off a moment, before speaking again, with the conductors voice this time.

"Welcome to the Champion City Subway system! I am your automated conductor, Sam. Please stay inside the vehicle until it has come to a complete stop. The new company owner wishes you all a pleasant and safe journey."

Once everyone was ready, the subway cart would take off at high speed.

(( If you are not ready or wish to do anything here, please let me know, otherwise I will move the plot forward - you won't be able to return here for a while. ))
    edited February 2012
    (I'm okay to move forward, Drem?)
    edited February 2012
    (Onward, wild stallions!)
    edited February 2012
    As the train drove on towards Mecha Menace, Tom and Jericho's phones rang at the same time - L.A.L.A. had started a conference call.

"I have successfully entered Mecha Menace." she informed them - on their phones appeared an image of the inside of what looked like a cross between a submarine and a giant clock, pipes running everywhere along ill-lit hallways and cogs turning in strange places. After a moment they realised they were seeing a live feed from L.A.L.A.'s eyes, giving them a chance to have a look at the inside of the giant robot.

The girl moved up a ladder, marked with a sign with an arrow pointing up saying 'up towards femur'.

"I have located an access point for data-exchange." she informed the change. "Now hooking up to mainfraim."

The team could see L.A.L.A.'s hands connecting a data-cable to an access port, somewhere in the knee region of the robot.

"Accessing . . . Relevant discovery - Mecha Menace Blueprints. Uploading . . ." Both the men's phones pinged to indicate they had received a file.

The little girl robot appeared to be on a roll, but unfortunately, this wasn't to last: suddenly the team noticed another droid in the corner of the live camera feed, followed by a very fast change of orientation, as if someone had dropped a camera on the ground. Moments later the image began to shake wildly as the crackle of a heavy electric current could be heard. The image cut out for a few moments, but then continued, a ceiling slowly sliding by, as if L.A.L.A. was floating through the hallway, though the scraping sound of metal on metal suggested being dragged was more likely!

At the same time, the train came to a halt. Sam seemed cheerful as ever: "Mecha Menace Station, final destination of this train. When disembarking, please remember your luggage!"
    edited February 2012
    Jericho exits the train. He tries his phone to see if he can get a good signal, then gives Stetson a call. At the same time, he walks around the station looking for signs of life, eventually making his way topside.
    edited February 2012
    Tom looks at the file he received, following Jericho out.
    edited February 2012
    The file contained schematics for Mecha Menace - from the looks of it the main control center was in the giant robot's head - if they were to stand any chance of regaining control of it, this was where they would have to get to. It wouldn't be easy though: Mecha Menace had internal defence systems and robots patrolled inside, acting like antibodies against "infection". Interesting enough, the heel of the robot featured an emergency door, likely the one L.A.L.A. had used to get in. It was clear the designers had ignored (or paid unfortunate homage to) greek mythology there.

As the team made their way through the station they noticed the other superhero's hadn't arrived yet. Through the station exit they could see Mecha Menace, some hundred meters away or so - unfortunately there wasn't all that much cover between there and here - the trees in the park had been ripped out of the ground and used as projectiles against the army and most of the cars had been crushed into very flat pieces of metal courtesy of the giant robot standing on them. This left basically open ground between the station exit and the nearest foot of the giant robot.

The other superhero's hadn't arrived yet, but judging from the sound of incoming trains, they might get there soon.
    edited February 2012
    Tom will basically wait for the other heroes to arrive.