If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

33: SUPERHERO Game

Comments

• TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited March 2012
    (Atlas shouldn't get in the way. He will turn on his back first and THEN get to his feet, so Jericho will be able to act in that time. And yes, Dodge is a separate 1d3 roll. It occurs after an enemy successfully strikes a PC and then the PC has a chance to Dodge the attack. Don't forget you can't dodge an attack you can't see.

That's why I'm spelling out 1d3 rolls. Sort of an active in-game reference)
  • EnyoEnyo Member Full Members
    edited March 2012
    Tom shot forward towards the robots in the elevator, kicking the front one with his mighty foot (3!) and sending it backwards to topple against the robots behind it like a set of domino's (bonus effect, causes them to loose their turn!)

Roboman and Jericho turned their attention to the turrets, taking aim, but the man from the future hesitated a moment as the gun-turrets turned to aim not towards any members of the group but towards the elevator and began firing on the robots, disabling one of them and damaging another!

Roboman, being a machine, obeyed his orders and fired at one of the turrets, but misses (1 :( ).

Atlas meanwhile manages to keep hold of the robot and get to his feet, holding the robot (2), which was about the same size as Atlas, as a shield - unfortunately he doesn't have time to also charge just yet (but will in the next round)

Seeing as the turret is helping them, Jericho turns his attention on the robots (taking control there for speed a sec) and sends seering hot plasma into the elevator, easily dodged by Tom and causing 2 points of damage on each of the robots, setting two on fire!

But the robots are not taken out so easily! Despite the damage being poored onto them, they position and begin pushing out of the elevator, forcing Tom to step back (1 to keep them inside).

Luckily there is Atlas: with a loud shout, he warns Tom, who promptly jumps out of the way and charges into the robots, pushing them back into the elevator using the first robot as a bulldozer blade to block their exit. (3 to push them back!)

Jericho continues his flame assault, to burn the robots - their resistance to fire protects them (1 on Jericho's attack), but though the robots are resistant, the elevator is not. The floor panels of the elevator were not built for a sustained attack by burning hot plasma and with the combined weight of the metal robots, it gives way, the robots disappearing down the elevator shaft.

With a simple toss, Atlas sends the robot he wrestled into a shield and a bulldozer blade after them as the turrets shut down, offering no explanation as to why they would attack the robots in the first place.

It is over and the team looks at one another proudly at how they defeated these dangerous challengers.

Roboman fires at the shut-down turret again (hit on a 2 for 2 points of damage).
  • AdremmelechAdremmelech The Original Playa... Full Members
    edited March 2012
    "Did you see that? The turrets were fighting with us. I have a feeling LALA had something to do with that. Let's make out way up before whoever is ultimately in control decides to 'digest' us."
    edited March 2012
    Donald doesn't feel he has the authority to give orders to Robo Man and the Mechanic. He isn't officially a member yet.

He will examine the elevator. Is there another way up or is there a stairwell? Maybe a ladder within the elevator shaft?
  • AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited March 2012
    Tom also looks around for stuff.
    edited March 2012
    The team didn't find any useful loot, but the elevator's top hatch led into the shaft leading upwards along the femur with a ladder. Soon the team had found their way onto the ladder and up the elevator shaft, which led up to the hip area of the giant robot. Atlas easily opened the door of the top elevator platform and the team climbed into a hallway with various pipes running up and down the corridor. A signed marked 'machine room' pointed to the left while another marked 'sacrum' pointed to the right. In the direction of the machine room, they could hear gears shifting and moving while the other direction had strange lights and several large cables sparking.
    edited March 2012
    Atlas will move down the hall until he reaches the intersection where the signs are. He will look down both halls to get an idea of the layout and possible dangers ahead. When he returns, he looks the Mechanic straight in the face.

"You should find a way to disable the robot."
    edited March 2012
    The Mechanic nodded "I can go to the Machine Room and work from there, while you go up to rescue your friend. Maybe your robot can guard me?" he suggested, motioning to Roboman.

"ROBOMAN... is capable of performing this duty!" Roboman explained.
    edited March 2012
    (What was the result of Atlas' brief scouting run?)
    edited March 2012
    (No danger, but a lot of hallway to cover in either direction. For now the team appears to be in the clear)
    edited March 2012
    "Hmm. 'Sacrum'. I hope that doesn't mean what I think it means. I'm going in the direction of the weird lights. Mechanic, do what you can. Do you have a phone or something where we can get in contact with you? If not, we can get with Roboman (if he is going with Mech) and communicate that way."
    edited March 2012
    "Roboman, guard the mechanic. If you get into trouble, call me."
    edited March 2012
    Roboman and The Mechanic headed over to the Machine Room to the left while the team moved off towards the Sacrum.

The Sacrum was dark and gloomy, lit up only by the occasional electrical spark, glass from the broken electric lighting shattered everywhere. There were large cables running everywhere, a broken pipe hanging out of the ceiling spilling oil into a pool in the central area.

In the back was a large freight elevator which ran up through the spinal column. Formally guarded by droids and automated machine guns, it now seemed as if the two had been in a civil war. Members of both factions had eliminated one another and both were now scattered on the ground and hanging limply from the ceiling, disabled or barely operational.

As the team arrived, the elevator doors opened, an LED arrow pointing up blinking above the entrance. Moments later the doors closed again, hitting the remains of one of the droids and once again opening, echoing an ever repeating cycle of futility like the mind of a shell-shocked soldier continuously replaying the scene of horror that took place earlier.

The only other exit of the area was an industrial sized waste disposal unit, a circular aperture closed off by several interlocking metal plates. To it's side was a brochure that seemed to advertise it's many dangers, suggesting that this exit offered a quick way down rather than up.
    edited March 2012
    "I get the feeling that Mecha Menace is working out some issues with itself. That elevator doesn't look too safe to me. There has to be a safer way up." Jericho looks around for more stairs. He comes to the circular aperture and and looks to see if there is a control panel for it. "I'm guessing this is the...ahem...rear-end of the machine."
    edited March 2012
    (Hey Drem, we need a Stasis charge, lol)

"Mecha Menace is struggling with its internal demons...time for a colonoscopy," Atlas joked, but the determined look on his face belies his amusement.

Atlas will look for something wide enough to jam between the closing doors while giving the rest of the team space to enter. He's hoping to burn out the motor in the doors without ruining the elevator itself.
    edited March 2012
    Tom looks around for useful stuff.
    edited March 2012
    There was a control panel next to the waste disposal - it consisted of a single button marked "recycle". Testing it showed that it did nothing of the sort: rather it opened the aperture, revealing a huge drop below down to the ground - whomever had put the word on the control pannel had an odd sense of humour.

Atlas easily jammed a beam between the doors, locking them open - besides the doors and some bulletholes, the elevator appeared to be operational.

Looking around for more stairs, Jericho discovers the elevator has a hatch in the ceiling which opens to the elevator shaft running through Mecha Menace's spine - it has a service ladder on the side leading all the way up.

Tom meanwhile searches between the remains, discovering a pair of sonic grenades, a fire-axe and two first aid kits.
    edited March 2012
    Atlas won't claim any items unless they're offered to him, plus he's more interested in defensive gear and much larger weaponry. Some Spray-On Flesh would be nice though if anyone can spare a can.

With the elevator doors jammed, Atlas will go back and see how the Mechanic is doing. He will keep an eye out for more mini-Menaces and possibly any sensitive equipment that can disable Mecha (I doubt Atlas has the knowledge to identify this stuff though).
    edited April 2012
    Takes the sonic grenades, take one med pack and offers Jericho or Atlas the other.
    edited April 2012
    Jericho will not take anything. "Looks like the elevator's the fastest way up. Unless we want to climb the ladder, which would suck because it looks like a long way up. Let's wait for Atlas to get back before we decide. I'm not entirely sure we can all fit in there."
    edited April 2012
    (( Apologies for the extra long delay, we had a death in the family and I've been busy with that ))

Tom takes the grenades and a medpack and Atlas takes the other one - with that little inventory management sorted, the group waited to figure out what to do.

Atlas finds his way back to the engine room where the Mechanic is busy taking everything apart.

"Everything is going fine here, Roboman is keeping an eye out. I need more time though - you should get to the control centre while I work. I will need the command codes for the final disabling of Mecha Menace." The Mechanic noted.

"ROBOMAN... is keeping an eye out." the big robot confirmed. "ROBOMAN... has found a useful object."

The robot pointed at a box marked: "in case of rogue robots, break glass", stored under one of the desks used by the local engineers. Inside was an EMP generator, basically a big gun which fried man-sized robots, such as the Mini-Menaces (or Roboman... or L.A.L.A. in one blast). No doubt it would be useful, though unfortunately it came without a manual.

Other than this, the best course of action was probably to go up to the control centre in the head giant machines head. With his new toy, but little new information, Atlas soon found his way back to the team, the elevator awaiting the team patiently.
    edited April 2012
    Atlas glances over his shoulder for any sign of the other team. Seeing nobody else present, he decides to take matters into his own considerable hands.

"How do we get to the control room? Did you find a map? And what do we do when we get there? I do not believe this thing has an off button.

If we can't get to the control room, is there another way to disable this thing? We're inside of it. We can damage it."

Atlas is more than happy to take the big gun, but again, he turns to the Mechanic.

"How do I use this?"

Atlas is confident the Mechanic will know what to do. When he returns to the group, he will dump the First Aid kit on Jericho-Atlas doesn't have any pockets or containers-and then turn to White Dragon who appears to be the leader of this team.

"I found this," Atlas said of the gun. "It's a robot killer. I'm not a good shot, but that robot you guys have is a good shot. Give it to him."
    edited April 2012
    (Sorry guys. I am outrageously busy. I won't be able to post until Friday.)
    edited April 2012
    Tom will let Roboman take the gun, he isn't sure how to get to the control room though.
    edited April 2012
    "I think we can go up through the elevator. We can either ride up the elevator and find out if it will drop us and kill us or we can climb up the ladder and find out if the elevator will chase after us and kill us. I'm climbing the ladder. It may take some time and it may tire us out, but I think out chances of living are better if we climb than they are if we ride in a robot controlled elevator. I'm heading up."
    edited April 2012
    "The control room is up in the head. Just follow the spinal elevator." The Mechanic explained. "There are probably other ways to disable the giant robot, but the control room is the easiest."

He took a hold of the EMP generator and guided Atlas' hand to a handle. "You hold it here, then you take this end..." he took a part of the machine featuring a small screen "look at the screen to see where you are aiming at. If you see the outline of the robot, then pull the trigger marked 'disable' - the pulse comes out this end, so be sure to aim it generally towards your target. It is not very precise but it covers a wide area with the burst so as long as you aim in the right general direction, it should work without much effort.

Roboman remained with the Mechanic to guard him, but Atlas soon returned to the group with his new weapon.

As the team (except Jericho) hesitated about the elevator, suddenly the emergency communication system in the lift cabin turned on, a familiar voice coming out of the speaker.

"It looks like you are trying to use the elevator: would you like help?"
    edited April 2012
    "Alright. Hold on here. LALA? I need you to explain to us what is going on here. What's your status? Are you damaged? How much control do you have on this machine? Cause right now, I don't trust anything non-human, except Robo-Man and maybe White Dragon, moving around in this beast. Can we get in this elevator and not have it drop us to our death?"
    edited April 2012
    If Atlas can't give the gun to Roboman, he will offer it to Jericho.
    edited April 2012
    "I am human." Says Tom. He'll get into the lift if LALA is in control of it.
    edited April 2012
    "I have been stolen. My body is currently deactivated and in the central control room." L.A.L.A. explained. "I control the elevator though!" she stated happily "Have you ever controlled an elevator?" she inquired.

Finally reassured that this wasn't the killer elevator from hell, bent on their destruction and death, the team got into the lift, riding it safely up towards the top floor where a short hallway lead to a door marked 'Central Control Room'.

No doubt inside would await an important battle, so the team would probably have to take a moment to prepare for their assault.